VU 10.0 Bug reports

storage doesnt save items if you place them in a particular place. thus making it pointless to try to organize all your crap :rolleyes:

[*]Partially invisible mobs, had half an armax chasing me for a while.
this is not a thing to read before going to bed... :D

some issues noticed:

• "resource depleted" message is gone - not exactly a bug, but not sure it was intended so.
  • transparent/broken own avatar when zooming in while standing too close to a wall/object - this is an old glitch still present.
  • walls of the service center in Aegis Mound did not fully load when arriving; relogging fixed that, so it's program fault, not database problem.

Chat Box behaved strange on my last login - it didn't wrap the text properly:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

No claim-deed in loot window or inventory.
Invisible claim marker thus impossible to extract source. Hit a few nice claims before i gave up because i couldn't find them, hope there will be some compensation for the lost peds there...:(

• Tp to twin made me land in water BELOW the ground.
  • Gets stuck when climbing/jumping mountains (fixed by strafing/jumping)
  • Graphical settings NOT saved.
  • Avatar has full healt, but healthbar show less than full.
  • Some mobs arent selectable using cursor (makes it hard to get helthbar).
  • When chatbox expands it do so below the screenborder so it cant be seen.
  • Mobs disappear, sometimes without beeing looted...

Last edited:
Bugs that i have notised during my hours online:
  • While crafting, the prosses bar is bugged, disapears straight away, then you get an error message when trying to click again
  • Draging a healt bar from a mob that you kill will prevent you from targeting anything alse if it is not closed before you loot the mob (1st person and 3rd person)
  • TPing to one of the raised Tp platforms (Minopolis and Akmuul for example) makes me end up under the ground
  • jumping down steap hills can make you stuck (happened at PA on the way down to the TP from the mall)
  • invisible mobs and part invisible mobs (longu and feffs)
  • "traped" mobs for no obvious reason (feff at fort fury)
  • mob health bars are laggy and sometimes they die when they have half HP left (right amount of shots though)
  • Slow reaction of the mobs, for example a feff champion did not react and started to attack me before I had shot half its health away

New features that are more anoying than an improvement:
  • PM window that need to be either closed or unfocused by left clicking somwhere else before you can make any other movement (Esc is not enough)
  • Esc to leave normal chat, much slower than just clicking enter, bad for typing while hunting
  • The looks of most of the armors, looks like you brought back the look from loads of VUs ago
  • not being able to use the right mouse button to turn your avatar
  • It is now hard to see what items are equiped
  • The new grafic of most hunting loot, especially the paint cans!

Things that have improved:
  • Grafics, omg, looks soo cool
  • perforning emotions while moving!
  • Strafing, fast strafing, realy sweet!

The improvment list is not so long, but the grafics part covers so much.

I am not sure if it is fun, an improvement, or just bad that the feffs now have a penis, and fall backwards on their back with their legs spread most of the time when you kill them!

Drop a bomb and dont move. It pushes me below the surface a lot.

I mostly land in water then and swim below the map. Great view, but not funny. ;)

Not recieving any LOOT and no "No loot" message

I was hunting bristle hog OA- Stalkers and i would recieve the no loot message like normal sometimes but then when i should have a loot window pop up with loot in it nothing would come up and nothing would be in my inventory i spent about 5k ammo before i stopped hunting, anyone else have a issue like this or just me?:(

• The infamous crash-to-desktop occurring every 5 minutes or so. Way too annoying to keep playing.
  • I was in the process of setting up customized key controls and the system crashed. Now I have two setups that I log into, that is apparently completely random:
    • Type 1: I come into the game and have no cursor control whatsoever unless I hit Enter and start a sentence in the chat. Then I get the cursor, but usually clicking anything takes me back to aim camera mode. In this situation I cannot click teleporters or anything for that matter. I'm stuck running around. My desktop icons are also all stacked up on each other in the upper right hand corner. These aren't custom icons, these are the typical Friend List, HOF, options, etc. I can't see the options button anymore as it's up under other buttons. Trying to get into the configuration to fix this is impossible.
    • Type 2: The desktop icons are back in sequence like they should be, and the Space Bar works just fine for switching back and forth between aim and cursor mode.
  • Keyboard mapping isn't saving. I was once able to log out properly (most times it crashes instead of logout) but it still didn't keep the keyboard mapping.
  • Nothing else yet, as these combined 3 things make the game unplayable unless you're into relogging, getting the "Avatar is already logged on, try again in a minute" message, logging off again, then logging on again a minute later, and this happens every 5 minutes or so.

Looks beautiful so far! Wish I could play.

Ore and enmatter refiners seem to hang up on certain resources causing you to restart the process to refine a different resource. This seems like an old bug coming back.

Lastly the hill climbing needs to be addressed. I know not every mountain can be climbed but some very small looking hills turn into something like a sheer cliff. Pre VU10 it was more obvious what you could climb now it just looks like my avie needs to take a dump and then it just stops like it hits a wall on a very slight grade.

There are some sync issues with sound/actions, fap lag, equiping items, and loot lag etc etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

For those who think the steep hills are a bug read this off the Entropia support page.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/support-faq/in-game-issues/mining-profession/

"Sometimes resources are inaccessible. They might be stuck under trees, stones, turrets or buildings or they can be located on steep slopes which your avatar cannot climb. This is all part of the Entropia Universe experience."

I can't take weapon amps from storage and place them in my on body inventory. They just go back to storage, Then I can't attach a second laser sight to my guns. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Shop front window is not working, cannot place any items there.

Cannot access shopping mall auction (this could be due to the area being down, as per the message in the client)

Order % in auction does not display correctly. Hence its difficult to use this feature. This could lead to inflation if left unchecked.

These are constructive criticisms. I am sure MA will iron it all out. I am very happy so far not to have seen any "items not in inventory", or "peds missing", or the like types of bugs.... those can really destroy the game. Overall from my side the game is stable enough. Great graphics, even my girlfriend, who hates me playing EU, is impressed.

For those who think the steep hills are a bug read this off the Entropia support page.

"Sometimes resources are inaccessible. They might be stuck under trees, stones, turrets or buildings or they can be located on steep slopes which your avatar cannot climb. This is all part of the Entropia Universe experience."

Also, I remember a thread of a guy who stacked some items on top of one another to get up a hill.... i can't be bothered looking for the thread, but it was kind of funny to see him stacking furniture to access the claim.... maybe you can try this?. or MA can introduce ladders?

I'd say that's lazy not an experience. Robbery almost to allow mining where the bomb is going to be wasted ..and a tower in a rock?? How would that hurt?

I got the same underground into water thing...but direct from TP without doing anything, just sank into the ground and stayed there.

Storage takes eons to open for me, way too long 5 minutes one time.

The Ambus at NEas seem unimpressed too, they were standing in line with their heads in the ground up to their shoulders as I walked past.

Is the map dark with just TPs on it because it's night, and as you zoom it gets clearer, or is that a bug or just me?

t

* You cant equip plates thats in your storage (so I need to have unplated armour untill its fixed)

* When you switch to fap it usually doubleheals.

* Yellow text "item is busy blabla" is all over the screen now"

* Random crashes

* Improve AI so mobs can move around obstacles

* Cant que items on equip
---

Not really a bug but seems that items have been forgotten in the graphical makeover (rendering). They look like items from Warcraft II. Armours did look better on VU9 :S

And I miss autoaim, I only hunted in 3rd person before.

Glitch where you cant select any mobs in 3rd person (not in aim mode) but you can see them in aim mode. this makes looting dead things impossible (even with loot hotkey i tried it)

Easiest way to get around it is logging or going into aim mode, then leaving it by pressing space and left clicking and right clicking alot when the body is selected :D

i have the same bug, i need rejoin after kill 3~4 mobs all time...

My issues:
1. Hotkey mapping: works ok except for global set (*)...nothing sticks, it only stays for the session, is gone next logon.
2. Right click looting mobs: I get the loot, but equipped weapons fires after I get it. Wasted ped.

The other things..ctd's..I hope are related to os or game engine and will be fixed.

The game is not very playable for me.

Several bugs that I have seen before, I know they will get them worked out after time and I am patient for now, but the action set bug that hit me after a crash is annoying.

My main hunting action set now covers my screens with a leaf texture - it was working earlier.

If I try to edit it I just get more leaf texture, I can't seem to fix it.

I cropped it, the first once covers about 1/4 of the screen second about 1/2

what I have seen so far:

- transparent floor/ceilling in service centers while looking from the outside
- missing TP that requires relog (many people mentionned this)
- TP do not longer appear as green dot on mini map
- interface from mining poping up on my screen when someone used a probe next to me
- map is hard to control. zooming on random zones instead of where I was.
- many contrast issues, auto gamma changing when entering building is painful for the eyes
- some graphic glinches here and there

with a GForce 9500, a intel dual core CPU 3.6ghz and 4GB of RAM, graphics start to get laggy in "high" definition... seriously... (and I would add that "Medium" graphic looks horrible with extremely poor contrast that makes hard to see anything in some buildings)

Hven't had much time to play, as I just got home from work a short time ago...

Things that I noticed...

Headed to TI City via the TP... when I arrived, it said a new location had been added to my map... Genesis Amethera Headquarters. :scratch2:

Okay, they are close-ish.... so, swam forever (seemed like forever) and went to Genesis Amethera HQ... got to the TP there, but the game would not register that it is a "found" TP... so it doesn't appear on the TP list. (fyi... if ya haven't been to New Oxford... ya gotta go there to "find" the TP again, so it's added to your map and TP list)

orther things I noticed have already been added to this thread.... but I must second the emotion that not being able to navigate up the smallest of hills (not talking steep inclines here) really makes it difficult to navigate through terrain that seems to be all hills. LOL

I unlocked a new skill, "Hulk Fury"!!!!111

15183-20090818-vu10-bugs.jpg

PS that's really the way it looks sometimes, not a photochop.

I have seen several of the mentioned bugs. The TPing to Twin and getting a swimming lesson, then finding you can't walk up most hills, was a little annoying. I opted not to try hunting or mining with the performance issues I am having so haven't seen any of those bugs.

The problem I have seen is the performance. I remember reading that this program utilized SLI, but on my system I am seeing 1 GPU maxed out, 1 GPU idle. I have read that the program isn't utilizing multi core processors, which could also explain some of the performance issues.

With an i7 3.2 ghz quad core and 2 Nvidia 285 video cards in SLI, I should be getting more than 20fps even in the highest graphics settings. Trying to force SLI didn't work either, it forced both cards to work, but the fps stayed about the same and the cards were not being "pushed".

I double checked on another game, to make sure it wasn't my system, and I am getting 140fps on ultrahigh settings on LOTRO.

yes, I agree, as there were sittuations like that in 9.4 too. But it strikes me that for a slope that looks climbable (<30% inclination) you have to find detours. and in most cases there are none!
Also, have you tried mining or exploring New Swiss? It's all hills and mountins there.Test it and from 10 finds, 4 were not reachable. What I mean is that the mining places will be dramatically reduced,as the general 25% hit rate in 9.4 would mean squat.
Or take a milder example, Shinook. Same thing there, more like mounds or small hills,not mountins, but still not climbable.

Sure, they added realism you might say. But it's realism for a huge Neconu stalker to drown in knee deep watter that barely covered 1/3 of his foot length?

I'm all for some realism, but sometimes it must be somewhat sacrificied in favor of gameplay.I know that the capability of walking on a specific type of slope is physics engine based, but I think MA should tweak the code a bit.It's not normal that after 50 NRF's on CND the next claim you find is stuck god knows were.
Cause if they don't I think that the flat areas will get overmined , the general return % rate will drop and the ores $ will go up up up.

Invisible claim marker thus impossible to extract source. Hit a few nice claims before i gave up because i couldn't find them, hope there will be some compensation for the lost peds there...:(

same for me... well best i had was Small Narc but i dropped like 40 bombs yesterday and got f... all couldnt see any of my claims and deeds r not in the inventory...

oh yeah... just got 4 claims in a row without deed and 2 earlier! damn.. this game isnt even playable yet with these kind of bugs

i have experienced about 60% of the bugs meentioned here

to add, minopolis has 2 tp's one goes to service center roof

and ofc the most important one, graphics and resolution settins dont saave

also experienced invisible tp's and falling through the floor when tp

It might have been mentioned already. But dying like 1 minute from omegaton u spawn in a crappy LA far S of omeg. Guess there are no revivals in omegaton atm?

No sound of person answering your chat when talking in private chatwindow and having it minimised.

Back