VU 9.2 Unable to put fruit on the table

Youngnott

Provider
Society
Dead Cerebrum Inc.
Carefree Dog Youngnott
Get msg telling me I cannot do this as the value is below 1 pec

Got the same problem with the Christmas cloths but was able to "repair" them and thus able to drop them into place.

This is not a bug, it was in the VU 9.2 content list:

Items
A range of new items have been added and are waiting to be discovered.
All mats have now changed names to carpets.
To reduce litter, items with a value below 1 PEC cannot be dropped.

:)

That's the "No dropping 0.x pec items" "feature" added at 9.2. It's specifically mentioned in the feature callout they released.

I agree that it's an undesirable behavior, while the code may be performing as per design in this case, whoever thought that one up at MA has a bug in their "That's a good idea!" firmware.

AG

Yes, this is the brilliant sulotion MA found to prevent people sticking animal oil and stuff to the ground and cause littering.

Instead of working out the bug itself they choose to implement this work-around instead.
Excellent!
I guess they just followed the path of less resistance in this case.
Personally i think that by doing this, the MA programmers really didn't do what they are paid for.
If a mechanic would repair cars as MA repairs their software, he would get fired pretty soon.

But i also suspect the reason for this is that they don't want to waste any more time than absolutly neccesary on the old engine now that CE2 is just around the corner and therfore alow for some patchy work in the last months of the Gamebryo engine.

It's not a very big issue but it would be nice to be able to put my own fruit down in my own home.
I normally haven't got space to spare in my inventory and it can pass some time between making food from it, it's not every day you stumble over some fruit.

Steve Mischief

here's an easy work around... drop stacks greater than 1000 :D

here's an easy work around... drop stacks greater than 1000 :D

Yes, that works for fruit and dung. However, it does not work for Champagne bottle and other 0 tt gifts and such.

Well - I guess I am just a DUMB Dog (full in EU Avatar name Carefree Dog Youngnott) !!

I never would have thought that placing FRUIT on my table for the "delight" of my guests was "littering".

The DUMBEST thing of all ? - I picked up the fruit (which was successfully on the table from previous VU) to re-arrange things - AND - to add insult to injury, I picked up ALL the fruit before attempting to drop it - thus - NO FRUIT on display now at all.

As for "make it a 1,000 of the item" - WOW - EXPENSIVE offerings / decorations.

Well - I guess (like so many Avatars) I learn from my mistakes AND I have to live within the rules which forever seem to change.

Whilst on the subject of changes - DECORATING a Condo is a MUGS game whilst so many changes are made to the appearance of items.

I LOVE wood grain finishes to tables etc. and am mightily upset by my (now) very plain coffee table - let alone the changes to my "red and black carpets" - I decorated and spent an enormous amount of time ensuring that there was BALANCE in the overal concept and resultant appearance - which also required "balancing" the effects of lighting from various lamp designs (ceiling / wall / floor / etc).

NOT WORTH THE EFFORT - particularly as I NOW have to put time and presumably PED's into RE-CREATING what I had already bought a coffee table for - only to have it taken away from me.

What guranteee do we have that future releases will NOT undo any efforts and peds put into texturing - NONE as I see it.

In all seriousness I really do wonder how much money I have now lost due to my zeal in decorating - many of the items MUST now suffer a loss in value due to their (significant ?) loss of visual appeal.

OH YES - we can "texture" (presumably requiring SKILLING !! - and peds) BUT BUT BUT - we then create items that have appeal to oneself (but ONLY if you have the skills and perceptions to achieve success) - do such items then have "appeal" for others when you decide to sell such items ? - I think THAT is a dangerous path (financially) - I have seen some pretty hideous attempts to colourise items - now we have "texturing" !!

Sorry folks - I set out to just be FACTUAL in reporting "bugs" but as you can see from this post - there is a lot of FRUSTRATION and possibly ANGER behind my reason for posting here.

(Aussie) Dog !!

I agree that LITTERING is a petty annoyance - and "resolving" that issue is a "must have".

It should however be simple to make "owning the Estate" where the "littering" is taking place an EXCEPTION to the new "no litter" rule.

:laugh: of course - I must also admit that I have spent a LOT of TIME attempting to pick up existing litter - so my motivation for supporting "no littering" is likely to be born of the inability to earn a pec or 2 for each of these annoying drops !!

(a now slightly calmer) Aussie Dog !!

Yes, that works for fruit and dung. However, it does not work for Champagne bottle and other 0 tt gifts and such.
well

0 ped tt gifts i can just think off mentor ones

and since those i got til now where weapons you couldn't drop them on the ground anyway, since there is, and was the 3% condition limit border which prevented to drop them anyway when they were broken

The Champagne bottle is not affected by this. Haven't tried other gifts yet, but I'm pretty sure they are unaffected as well.

I dont like this "fix" to this bug.
I enjoyed dropping BPs on the ground and watching noobs run around to pick them up. Like feeding the birds.

I've never Littered, and I dont see what the big deal with litter is.
Fixing the problem would have been better then what they did.

Oh well, no more free BPs for the noobs.

There are just as many problems with allowing the item drops as there are not. The only solution I suggest to MA is simply to restrict players from dropping the involved items in public space. If you own an apartment you should not have to be affected by any restrictions at all, since this is your purchased space.

(Give credit where its due MA, this time around, ok? ;) I know you've been taking my suggestions....)

As for promises from MA, can someone review the EULA for me again? If I recall they fully protect themselves with some clause that basically, in plain English, says "Nothing is for certain and we don't promise you anything. Play at your risk..."

Something like that.... :laugh:

Back