wat a waste of time

Status
This topic is all about PVP event :), not about grammar corrections...

This 'omg you killed me in a pvp zone at a pvp event' topic was the basis of many threads, by different people, in the hours since the event's been over.

I'm sure this one will get back to complaining soon enough .. fear not. :better:

thanks

Thanks for your post weeman. I totally agree as most of the people there know that I was whining. Even the MA lady said I sounded like her "budget rat". I was pissed because I couldn't even get near the rig. I know It's PvP... I know i'm gonna get killed, I know it's a battle. But people were just posted up... (camping) shooting me in the back or where I can't even see them, when I am NO threat to them, and they are NOT hunting the Wastelanders. So it was just getting killed, running back down, getting killed... over and over. The one or 2 times I got to the bottom it was really fun, and no one was killing me like that. It was really cool actually. I felt I had a chance to get a kill. It was just... I THOUGH us vs. them kinda event. And I felt people were just getting a kick out of killing me. Just wasting ammo in my pov.
My guess is that it was a SOC protecting other members, who knows. I mean I guess it was free, I didn't loose much but time (over freakin 4 hours)
Props to you weeman for making this post.

I look forward to the future where those people are camping the rig when oil comes out.

also, was there once a skill based or HP based separation on the RX unit events or was that just Mayhem ?
I think if Mindark enabled something like that, it would allow for a much more even playing field ... aka less complaining, afterwards.

Yes there were RX events in PVP1 & 2 at the same time. The PVP1 event was for those who hadn't reached medium health iirc, the guides scanning those who came to claim a prize.
It all went well untill a bunch of ubers got bored & decided to come & slaughter everyone in PVP1 anyway, even though they couldn't claim the prizes...

:dodge::cry:

I THOUGHT us vs. them kinda event. And I felt people were just getting a kick out of killing me.

It was an us vs. them event, you just assumed you were one of the "us" when really you were one of the "them".

I killed Davin because he wouldn't shut up in public chat. Don't act like it was just older players killing noobs though. Everyone was pretty much shooting everyone.

Welcome to PvP

ps Sorry if you feel we made you "loose" time.

Uhm. You realize you are complaining about being pk'd at a pk event?

Do you go to the library and bitch about them having lots of books too?

It was not advertised as a PK event. I think MA is doing it in PvP because it is easier for them to have their avas run around there and get hit and see who killed them on their screen.
If you have never been to one of those events, you really do not know it.
Been there once and honestly, I do not like it. Expected an real event were you and other colonists fight together for a common goal and not some stupid PvP where some noobs are waiting at the jump points and kill you before you even have spawned properly.

Would be nice to have an PvE event like this, there are some people like me that are against PvP (unless of course it is with real weapons eye in eye)

This was awesome.

1. No lag (aside from the "gd enters your radar" which actually improved during the event)
2. No latency issues
3. No crashing
4. No reviving on top of the SC
5. They weren't just rehashed Rx's
6. I got some valuable pking practice (thanks m2s ^______^)
7. We discovered the zoomscope bug

1. No lag (aside from the "gd enters your radar" which actually improved during the event)

You should take that one back so you can tell people it was the lag that caused you to blow yourself up with your own rocket :D

Well I loved the event, and yes I died multiple times (which is expected) :laugh:

LMAO i had fun poping a few caps in ya butt when you were running away from me :wtg:
:handgun::rocket:

Welcome to EU

[accent]N Iés dere are piple tét nó born in américa, laike mi [/accent]

i'd have to agree with alex, i killed davin a few times cause he wouldn't shut UP!!! lol sorry bud. I also took advantage of the situation to pk someone I REALLY dont like a number of times.

I am no no means anywhere near uber and had a great time. The amount i spent in amo, repairs, and L decay was very minimal compared to long mining or hunting runs. I even ALMOST got one grrrrrr soooooo close but was beat out by a soc mate so its all good i guess :)

and btw the rig looks and feels awesome!!! love the improvemnts over the old crapass one

b

LMAO i had fun poping a few caps in ya butt when you were running away from me :wtg:
:handgun::rocket:

LOL and don't you think I will forget about it either, when your less expecting it :rocket: :D

Haha what a great thread :D Arse twats, grammar, spelling, you name it. Fun read from what, after all, was such a well presented point. Nice one Weeman, you're a credit to the Australian education system.

Forgive me for being on-topic for a sec though, but I think maybe what weeman's trying to get at is the fact that most of these kind of events are a waste of time, and you don't usually find that out until you've spent an hour walking there, only to have your brain-matter distributed amongst the atrox-ridden tarmac by somebody with a bigger gun than you.

I guess we can blame that on the lack of TP chips though, can't we? :D

That said, life's gotta be pretty dull if you can't enjoy spraying a noobs head with laser once in a while, especially extremely annoying whiny ones. It's the small things in life...

Haha what a great thread :D Arse twats, grammar, spelling, you name it.

:laugh: Seconded ! :popcorn:

Forgive me for being on-topic for a sec though, but I think maybe what weeman's trying to get at is the fact that most of these kind of events are a waste of time, and you don't usually find that out until you've spent an hour walking there, only to have your brain-matter distributed amongst the atrox-ridden tarmac by somebody with a bigger gun than you.

Forgiven ... but it's not always a waste of time.
From what I recall, at least 5 not-so-uber players ended up with kill shots, as well.
I guess it's just like loot - right place - right time - right (insert color here) dot.

Profit, in the defense of the spellcheckers - I don't think it was meant to be harmful, but a laugh to lighten the mood of what was destined to be a fail thread. It wasn't followed by any belittling comments, from what I saw - so I think Weeman will probably also laugh at the typos. He's not as uptight as his first post may make him sound. :wise:

But .. other than that ... :beerchug: ;)

Have a great weekend guys and don't forget - it's just a forum about a game! :eyecrazy:

you have to give me a break it was 4am when i posted that and pretty grumpy after 10 hour's of work

you have to give me a break it was 4am when i posted that and pretty grumpy after 10 hour's of work

We all have days like that - I hope you got some sleep and had a better day, today ! :grouphug:

sorry

I wanted to apologize for how I was acting. I didn't mean to annoy so much and I do understand I'll get killed. I started to complain in the first place because I had misguided expectations, and that I felt like I was being picked on (before the complaints)
but I wasn't and I only made it worse. I'm sorry to all those guys that I drove crazy. I'm always eager to help out in the game otherwise.
Sorry everyone, no hard feelings please.

I wanted to apologize for how I was acting. I didn't mean to annoy so much and I do understand I'll get killed. I started to complain in the first place because I had misguided expectations, and that I felt like I was being picked on (before the complaints)
but I wasn't and I only made it worse. I'm sorry to all those guys that I drove crazy. I'm always eager to help out in the game otherwise.
Sorry everyone, no hard feelings please.

Takes balls to come out and admit you were partially to blame for the situation - so you definitely get some respect for that :)

It's easy to have those expectations, if you don't know how these events work. I completely understand, believe me. I don't like to piss people off or be pissed at people - so I try to avoid pvp all together. (minus the ring) It tends to put people on edge, make them defensive, and in some cases - downright nutzo! :eyecrazy:

I hope that your next event makes you smile more than frown.
Have a fabulous weekend, Davin and all ! ;)

Oh mein got !
:laugh:

Why do you people make such a big deal, when other people make english grammar mistakes ?

You should know, that not everyone is born in england/america, and not everyone knows english as well as you...

You should respect those people, who try to write/talk in english !

Hell I was born in amerikuh and still don't know it all that well. Of course, I'm from the south and we really could care less. I just hate when people mix up loose and lose. That one bugs me for some reason lol. Anyways... back to the name calling. Its funny watching hypocrites play.

I can speak however I want about anyone, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Much the same you're entitled to yours.
So I'm a wanker? Thanks for the enlightenment. Doesn't change my opinion though, bitch.
(see? the highschool "I know you are!" thing still works! *high5*)

Hope I get flamed by your buddies now! "Happy Bday!" beggar, enjoy the foots that resulted from your bitching and moaning! I bitch and moan all day, and I've got an F avatar, care to share your freebies? Didn't think so.

ps: the tissues are for the people like you who are crying over me having an opinion that doesn't fall inline with your sheople krew - you know, the guys who'll come and try defend each other because you're too fkn pussy to stand on your own two? Yeah those guys..

pps: if you people didn't abuse others for something as pety as imperfect spelling and grammar on a regular basis I wouldn't call them out as the faggots/homos/dicks/assholes that they are.

ppps: bitch :)

pppps: no I don't care if she's a woman, woman are just as liable to cop a verbal slap as the next guy - have a tissue!

omg!! that totally made me laugh lol:wtg::lolup:

How about we stay on topic ??

These events ussually is who "lags" or who forgets to "fap" or who "crits". And that is it. Nothing new, nothing less.

My only bitch is I didn't really know that the "wastelanders" were regular ava with wastelander in their name. I may have had a little chance, not much, but I would have felt a lot better.
As I posted elsewhere I think it would be a good idea to give a little instructions to the noob, like myself, about the event. Kind of like giving a 5 year old a basketball and then don't tell him what he is supposed to do with. If you tell him to try t get it in the basket on the pole he may never make a basket but he sure has fun trying.
Peace.

Thanks for noticing my bad grammar makes me feel real good , even tho i dropped out of school ...... only 2 years ago

Status
Back