Weak Email Scam

sndlwood

Old Alpha
Society
Drop Zone
Si'Thaiphooh sndlwood McQueen
Somebody reading this forum is scamming son of a bitch...but so completely stupid that they think Entropia would use a hotmail account and use the worste English language skills possible.

Support Case 119412 history
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:February 7, 2008 10:49:00 AM
To: sndlwood@hotmail.com

Hi,

It has been several reports about your nick name please send us your login and password with a new nick name as soon as possible.

Regards,
Entropia Support

Just a warning to everyone

Thanks for the warning..

I love the fact that it's sent from an @hotmail.com account.. And the grammar :laugh:

Now what would be scary, is if someone fell for this

everyone knows that not any online games support doesnt ask ur login/password ever

oh jeezuz thats too stupid lol
tnx for warning tho :)

Thx for the warning, some low life is obviously reading the forum seeing someone publically displaying an e-mail address and trying their luck.

Personally I'd guess that if someone has a certain forum username, the same avatar name used in a published hotmail e-mail address, the same name could be used elsewhere too....

It's a shame scammers like this exist but I do wonder how many people make this just a little bit too easy for these scum bags.

:twocents:

who else knows ur hotmail? the scammer might be one of those.

File a support case also. MA may want to submit a request to hotmail to have that account shut off. I know the place I work has been able to have a few email accounts shut off as well as a youtube site by filing abuse cases with particulars.

Sheesh how crazy people can be.

Not to worried about the hotmail account, or the scammer. I just want to publicly ridicule the idiot.

Not to worried about the hotmail account, or the scammer. I just want to publicly ridicule the idiot.

Gz! That made my day :laugh:

Seriously thiough, i'm surprised your email hasn't been flooded with spam by now.. i posted my h/ml address on a website of mine years ago.... and now it receives spam only :\

0-_o

o boy this is realy crazy !
if people actualy send there email and pasword to this scammmer then u must be REALY stupid :)

if people actualy send there email and pasword to this scammmer then u must be REALY stupid :)

alternatively you send the scammer a link to an fbi website that automatically enters a wrong password. oopsy

Believe me it happens Mari, I dealt with a request at work. One of our users submitted their online banking information to one of those phishing emails (one of the really low quality ones too which have a different bank name in the link). She thought something was not right and yet still did it. And we have sent several warnings about phishing emails to staff. Fortunately she got onto her bank and changed the details within the hour that it occured.
If people didn't click on them then they wouldn't be sent. That they are sent indicates that people still fall for it. Not everyone is on the ball unfortunately.

alternatively you send the scammer a link to an fbi website that automatically enters a wrong password. oopsy
Now that would be handy to know (hint, hint ;))

Or send them here: blah blah

WARNING: harmless but annoying :D

I just read this from link from another thread and had a bit of a giggle at the initial post :laugh:
If this person is so :scratch2: then maybe you should send a contact request to that email and see if they accept lmao

Warmest regards

Rayne

Wow, that one is pretty weak. Takes all kinds of losers to make up the criminal underworld, I suppose. LOL

May the perpetrator rot in the hell reserved for child molesters, domain name speculators and people that talk in movie theaters.

AG

Yeah it's an old one but really lololololol

or the sender is < 14 years old or he is just plain stupid, prolly both

Can't be said enough: MindArk NEVER ask's username and/or password, never

Back