Welcome David Simmonds-New CEO of Mindark!

There are a handful of people in the company. If they give each other different titles, does that really change anything?

Good luck!

And hopefully he will survive the barrage of attacks this forum can produce :silly2:

I just read that article on EF, it seems Jan is still the one in control, so those hoping for new blood bringing in new ideas and perspectives will be disappointed.

Further planning and development of Entropia Universe will continue to be headed by "Keeper of the Vision" Jan Welter Timkrans, who will now be free to focus fully on the Entropia Universe vision moving forward. With David taking over the CEO role and managing day-to-day operations, Jan, along with Chief Operating Officer Magnus Erikson, will both have the time they need to concentrate on steering the vision, expansion and version release planning of Entropia Universe, to which David will continue to contribute his broad experience and knowledge.

now to me that says nothing has really changed except the job titles.

Still congrats to David! He is a hell of a nice guy

I’ve been away from EU a bit (busy irl) and just saw this thread.

I am very pleased that David is the new CEO... I have thought for many years that David should be the CEO of MA and I’m happy that it finally happened. I have had many interactions with David over the years and he is a good guy. I have a lot of respect for him.

I believe that he has a firm understanding of what the players want and need. Due to his extensive involvement of the development of MindArk, there is perhaps no-one who has a more in-depth understanding of the IRL business end of Entropia Universe.

Even in his old role, David was a very busy guy traveling all over the world developing MindArk but he still took the time out of his day for the players. He has personally aided me and many others to help rid EU of some of the most serious scammers and exploiters. David probably has more interactions with various players then most people realize and he has spent a lot of time playing EU. He isn’t short with people, he is patient, and he is capable of showing a sense of humor even when people are complaining about MA or the game.

With all the shit we give MA, a good sense of humor is required I think. :laugh:

During the interactions I have had with him, its obvious that his life (for the most part) revolves around EU. He is very dedicated to the betterment of the game and he works very hard to accomplish it. I am very happy to see someone at the head of MA who has a very in-depth operational understanding of EU and who also knows how to get stuff done.

Perhaps now MA wont be so out of touch with the players. I'm confident that David is the best guy for the job.

Wow... that's some serious infighting!

Welcome David hope you have a prosperous life at mindark

Back