What can you do with a hanger

Yeh and if you believe that (strain...) reality was more likely that MA simply didn't want to optimise stuff.

Find it, add to it, hide it again was fun. Discovering little caches people had left was great. But none of that unregulated fun for you my friend... it's almost like there is no profit in emergent game play... except there is because mobs and decay...
I'm not sure, it's not entirely implausible but we know that any official statements are designed to control reactions rather than be out-of-the-heart honest. This is not unique to one company.

Any item placed in-world and not part of the pre-downloaded world data causes the server having to respond and deliver the extra information to each client in vicinity. Little caches in thinly populated locations hardly are problematic but others getting highly creative in already dense spaces might bring it to the limit. Then the inevitable attraction to those who enjoy destroying a kid's sandcastle for no sane reason might cause support cases for which there is no real solution. It is sad but human nature. I'm not sure iirc but I believe there once was a thread about this with official notes involved, would have to dig deep to find it though. Anyway, bringing it back with some form of safety mechanism would cost development resources for no direct gain, so I'm not hopeful.

I'm not sure, it's not entirely implausible but we know that any official statements are designed to control reactions rather than be out-of-the-heart honest. This is not unique to one company.

Any item placed in-world and not part of the pre-downloaded world data causes the server having to respond and deliver the extra information to each client in vicinity. Little caches in thinly populated locations hardly are problematic but others getting highly creative in already dense spaces might bring it to the limit. Then the inevitable attraction to those who enjoy destroying a kid's sandcastle for no sane reason might cause support cases for which there is no real solution. It is sad but human nature. I'm not sure iirc but I believe there once was a thread about this with official notes involved, would have to dig deep to find it though. Anyway, bringing it back with some form of safety mechanism would cost development resources for no direct gain, so I'm not hopeful.
Clearly though the servers could cope with items being placed in-world in the past by virtue of the fact you could do it. My guess is that they stopped this because it was competition for the auction system where sellers are charged a fee, but this doesn't happen with pVp trade, which they don't like.

Something I did failed to realize and mention previously is that a Hangar owner receives Landarea Income, The earnings are low but the revenue will accumulate to something useful over time I guess. (y)

Something I did failed to realize and mention previously is that a Hangar owner receives Landarea Income, The earnings are low but the revenue will accumulate to something useful over time I guess. (y)

I hate to disappoint you but that's not from a hangar but Arkadia Moon Deeds or Arkadia Underground Deeds.

I hate to disappoint you but that's not from a hangar but Arkadia Moon Deeds or Arkadia Underground Deeds.
Oh! ok, yes! I have a few. I didn't realized, my mistake I collect the deeds and just forget about them usually. Be nice though, If a Hangar did something along these lines.

Clearly though the servers could cope with items being placed in-world in the past by virtue of the fact you could do it. My guess is that they stopped this because it was competition for the auction system where sellers are charged a fee, but this doesn't happen with pVp trade, which they don't like.
by that argument so would P2P trade. And that wasn't stopped.

Oh! ok, yes! I have a few. I didn't realized, my mistake I collect the deeds and just forget about them usually. Be nice though, If a Hangar did something along these lines.
I guess if someone were to pull a mob onto the property boundary then kill it there might be income? No... that would be far too open to exploit... folks would just buy property and drag mobs there to get a small percent extra of the spoils.

I generally find arguments on the idea that the servers or people's internet connections couldn't cope with objects placed on the ground pretty hard to swallow. Historically I had an issue with my home cable modem. When pinging something I'd see it drop something like 20% of packets. It was pretty bad till they fixed it. You know what worked more or less fine though? Entropia.

MA clearly had some good network robustness going on back in the day.

I'm sympathetic to the line of thinking where someone mentally tots up all the stuff that has to be communicated say for collecting 20 players in line of sight to each other and thinks "gosh that's a lot - no wonder they have issues" but the reality is that such "complexity" does not equal a bandwidth or server processing hit that would, or at least should be noticeable on the fat pipe internet connections of the modern era. Yes, a data structure containing 50 parameters for an avatar sent to 20 other avatars sounds like a lot or, even the positions and object IDs of 200 pecs laid out individually on the floor to make a Nasca plain style art work... but compared to your average youtube video... this really is small change.

But we digress... Hangars... :)

Wistrel

by that argument so would P2P trade. And that wasn't stopped.
I meant placing items on the ground was stopped, not p2p trade itself. If you could place things on the ground this could be used to enhance p2p trade.

Last edited:
I guess if someone were to pull a mob onto the property boundary then kill it there might be income? No... that would be far too open to exploit... folks would just buy property and drag mobs there to get a small percent extra of the spoils.
I can already do that, I worked out how to get Mobs into my Hangar, A long time ago, I can get them to fall into the Hangar with a 100% success rate, And without the Mobs getting killed by the Hangar sentry gun, I then can kill them myself or let the sentry gun takecare of them, either way I get loot.

Last edited:
One of the many glitches that haven't been fixed, "Ghost Mobs" encountering Ghost Mobs is fairly frequent and it's actually easy to cause this glitch to happen, I found a way to make it accrue with a 60% accuracy, Purely by accident. I like to hunt fast, aggressive Mobs, Merps, Atrax, Atrox, Argonauts ect,

Its a result of lost or corrupt packets. Essentially your client fails to receive the memo that a new mob has spawned. And it won't know until an event calls for your client to resync with those surroundings. Lost packets are a fact of online gaming. Another example is when you die, and respawn, but your character is still on the floor where you died. In order to re sync you need to log out or force your client to update information regarding your position and character state, such as teleporting. Everyone else will see you at the revive terminal running around and shooting the walls as you spam wasd and click.

Fixing it on a mmo that is open world, persistent, has physics, and plays like a 3rd person shooter is harder to do without draw backs compared to a simpler mmo where you can afford to have the client sync with generally redundant information more often. So imo EU has done a good job in balancing functionality, performance and immersion given the circumstances. These are examples of best case scenarios when talking about lost packets on mmorpgs.

... Another example is when you die, and respawn, but your character is still on the floor where you died. In order to re sync you need to log out or force your client to update information regarding your position and character state, such as teleporting. Everyone else will see you at the revive terminal running around and shooting the walls as you spam wasd and click. ....
Now I know why there seems to be some sort of lag when trying to fap after arriving at a revive terminal. Fapping seems to go into slowmo.

Its a result of lost or corrupt packets. Essentially your client fails to receive the memo that a new mob has spawned. And it won't know until an event calls for your client to resync with those surroundings. Lost packets are a fact of online gaming. Another example is when you die, and respawn, but your character is still on the floor where you died. In order to re sync you need to log out or force your client to update information regarding your position and character state, such as teleporting. Everyone else will see you at the revive terminal running around and shooting the walls as you spam wasd and click.

Fixing it on a mmo that is open world, persistent, has physics, and plays like a 3rd person shooter is harder to do without draw backs compared to a simpler mmo where you can afford to have the client sync with generally redundant information more often. So imo EU has done a good job in balancing functionality, performance and immersion given the circumstances. These are examples of best case scenarios when talking about lost packets on mmorpgs.
yeh some years ago I had a net connection with bad packet loss till the company replaced the modem. Entropia played fine on it though. Some elements of their networking seem quite good, or at least resilient... but that was a long time ago, pre cry-engine I think

Back