Question: What has become of FOMA??

HellspawnSatans

Provider
Society
Manifest Destiny
Hellspawn Hellspawn Satans
Good Day

I have played for many years, and have recently jumped in again. With that being said, what has happened to FOMA?

Mining is rough, hunting is non existent.

Many countries have "GHOST" towns.

Is this destined to be the Entropia "Ghost" Town? Except for the brave souls tempting fate and the past.

This is quite possibly, one of the most disappointing things in this game to me coming back. This place could be so much more, all the plans, all the money to aquire a floating ghost rock.

Mike aKa Hellspawn Satans

Liu

Old Alpha
Society
Alchemic Dream
Killashandra Liu Ling
Yup, FOMA is dead. Just look at the globs. Almost none from there anymore. Killed by Monria and Arkadia I'd say for mining. And also by huge abandon from owner(s).

thoreau

Elite
Hiro Protagonist
Take a closer look around and you'll see much more that has been abandoned. Shops, Estates including apartments, all of Treasure Island, etc.

xxPriestxx

Provider
xx Priest xx
Well considering the dates of other posts in here besides yours, that also says something. It's totally dead, in every aspect.

Huge disappointment... like so much in this game. When a Biodome comes up for sale, they still want astronomical prices for them so I suspect it will stay dead. The original owners are doing nothing with it. The recent returns have been awful there, and new owners will be priced out.

Darth Revan

Prowler
Society
Love Craft Academy
Darth Reven Reborn
Yup, FOMA is dead. Just look at the globs. Almost none from there anymore. Killed by Monria and Arkadia I'd say for mining. And also by huge abandon from owner(s).
Mining may not be as good as it was there, but FOMA is still doing better than the other areas.
So i'm not sure where you are getting your data from??

Just look at the past 7 days globals on EL

Last 7 Day Mining Stats
Landarea | Mining globals | Unique avatarss | Total loot
F.O.M.A Main Arena | 268.00 | 54.00 | 30 006.00 PED
F.O.M.A. - FORTUNA | 611.00 | 75.00 | 76 918.00 PED
F.O.M.A. -- FORTUNA | 408.00 | 59.00 | 48 834.00 PED

Arkadia Moon | 47.00 | 10.00 | 5 461.00 PED
Arkadia Underground | 306.00 | 38.00 | 35 472.00 PED
Monria | 137.00 | 14.00 | 16 808.00 PED

In terms of hunting, yeah pretty much no one hunts there:
F.O.M.A. - FORTUNA | 25.00 | 10.00 | 2 759.00 PED
F.O.M.A. -- FORTUNA | 5.00 | 4.00 | 449.00 PED

Fanan

Stalker
Fanan Head Shot
And to think that a 400k ped HOF dropped there not long ago, making it the highest mining ATH that ever drop in this game.

That was ridiculous weird!!! I still don't understand that mega ATH! Promotional ATH some say. I play since 2008 and still don't understand how that happened. Take a look daily on mining HOF board and 80% of the time you won't even see a HOF that is 1% the size of that mega mining ATH. 1 bloody percent!!!!

My last runs there were horrible indeed. I will never come back there!!! Only if I want to loss peds on purpose.

Fanan

Stalker
Fanan Head Shot
What happened to the guy that got those 400 000 ped of Narcasium?

After all this time I swear I don't understand that kind of drop. I bet he was a friend of a friend of MindArk staff.

What is the top HOF today on mining? Can someone tell me?

Kaiser

Stalker
Society
Classified
Kaiser Kaiser Soze
Take a closer look around and you'll see much more that has been abandoned. Shops, Estates including apartments, all of Treasure Island, etc.
TI is due to a legal battle

Kaiser

Stalker
Society
Classified
Kaiser Kaiser Soze

After all this time I swear I don't understand that kind of drop. I bet he was a friend of a friend of MindArk staff.

You might want to be careful making unsubstantiated accusations, even in supposition.

NevadaJake

Stalker
Drake Slade Corbett
Its a dead server now. So sad.

Jas

Alpha
Society
Shaolin
Jar Jasis Sismondi
FOMA is certinaly not what is was. However there are still some decent ores/enmatters to be found there if you time it right as evidenced by the global volumes and its simpler than ever to get there (no lootable pvp, cheap fly-it-yourself ships). With regards to the 417k narc hit last year, I understand that this was a regular avatar.

Aloisius

Prowler
Society
Natural Born Killers
Jo Aloisius Smith

i'm quite sure that person was a legit player. but i can say she hoarded the narc for the longest time. the price should have gone down for that but stayed at 107% for at least 8 months. that's what I don't understand.

atomicstorm

Marauder
Society
Entropialoot.com
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
i'm quite sure that person was a legit player. but i can say she hoarded the narc for the longest time. the price should have gone down for that but stayed at 107% for at least 8 months. that's what I don't understand.
Why would you dump it all at once? I would leak it slowly over time if I had it.

Hijacker27

Elite
Society
Payn-Inc
hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
You can only pull 4-6k from a tower each 24h period, so about 3 months to pull it all anyways. Understandable it would not make a huge impact on markups