What is going on with paint drops?

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
The paint drops in this VU are pretty crazy. I've been getting absolutely tons of paints, especially on bristlehogs, which have been dropping paint in almost every loot, and on a couple of occasions over 100 cans at a time.

My hunting has been extermely limited since the VU but I would guess some or all other mob are behaving similarly.

I looked at paints on the auction tonight and found 63 pages of them, and was especially interested by this:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

According to that data, there were only ever 20 cans of burnt umber paint sold before this VU. Today alone there have been 103.

So what the hell is going on with paint drops?

If this carries on then paint is going to be TT food.

Another possibility is that MA are dropping tons of paint in order to encourage people to do colouring, but I can't see that working given colouring's notorious reputation as a difficult skill (not to mention the fact that they've essentially killed tailoring with other changes).

In the past I've always stored up paints to sell when I had a decent stack but it looks to me like this is going to be pointless now, and if I did do that then I'd be getting a very poor return in terms of PED straight back onto my card from TTed loot.

Any thoughts?

Probably ppl who has in storage or invested are saving their "investment" by selling them as fast as possible bcos the color/tailor/2pec Nerf.

Noone wants clothes atm, i guess you can see alot more clothes are being sold to in auction.

/Macce

All of the paint cans are going to be TT Food in a week, due to the new coloring system which supports paint cans at a low percentage.

Oleg said:
Another possibility is that MA are dropping tons of paint in order to encourage people to do colouring

Absolutely!

Oleg said:
but I can't see that working given colouring's notorious reputation as a difficult skill

Have you tried it since the vu?

Oleg said:
(not to mention the fact that they've essentially killed tailoring with other changes).

They have? You are a skilled tailor that can make items other than basic pants and shirts?

I'm not exactly an uber tailor but I can make Radar Jackets, and I have sold more skinned ones from my pre-vu stock in the past couple of days than I would normally. Freshly made colored and uncolored are still selling okay as well.

Macce said:
Noone wants clothes atm, i guess you can see alot more clothes are being sold to in auction.

I find that strange given what I have been selling, including old looted clothes. Sure people are angry about the 2 pec thing, but a lot of the clothes now look stunning, the prices on some have jumped, and in particular the old looted clothes have been flying off the auction.

Above all else, if clothes weren't selling there would be page after page of them on auction. There isn't! There are no more listed, and probably even less than average. And if you care to look at a lot of the newer listed items you will see they are listed by people you might recognise as tailors. ;)

Last edited:
One other major factor is the volume of cans you need to get a 100% Cos Rating - for colours you've unlocked already its around 300 cans per field compared to the old max of 20 cans! If paint wasn't dropping at an intense rate then I wouldn't have enough to colour with. Keep it coming..

I also think people are selling out their stocks. If prices don't come down to near TT value then colouring will stop beacuse of the volumes required.

Yes keep them paints coming :yay:
But although Paints are dropping like crazy the market is more crazy .. Blue is still over 500% and yesterday Orange was 1600% :eek:

I'm sure that we will see a lot of changes in the market value for these paint cans in the near future. Please take a look at my other thread to find out why this is happening: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84673

To make it simple though, the fact that we need to use 150 - 300 cans per field, with a return of 89% on the TT Value forces the paint market to crash. There is no way that we could color with any basic colors which were sold for over 200%. It would simply be to expensive for the customer.

Thank you Sarah, and I know that.

Thats why I wonder how in the world anybody could buy paint for 1.5k% now ;)

Thank you Sarah, and I know that.

Thats why I wonder how in the world anybody could buy paint for 1.5k% now ;)

Hehe, indeed. I'm sure all of the people who are at level 2 in Coloring would like to try out using orange efficiently though, at least now at first. I'm sure everything will calm down in a week, and the prices will drop down to around 105 - 110% then.

Have you tried it since the vu?

Yes I have, and got 1 skill gain in 20 attempts, but if you read my post then you will note I am talking about colouring's REPUTATION, not my own personal experience, which is extremely limited.

They have? You are a skilled tailor that can make items other than basic pants and shirts?

Yes, I can make Mannell Shoes too :)

Again I'm not going on personal experience so much as on the reaction of others. And I can think of a lot of reasons why tailoring would be damaged without having to be a skilled tailor myself, just from logical thinking.

This is OT, however, the question was about paint drops.

Big paint dropping i think is really good cos unskilled players could put few 100's cans and their success rate would be much bigger and cheaper

Big paint dropping i think is really good cos unskilled players could put few 100's cans and their success rate would be much bigger and cheaper

I wouldn't recommend coloring with colors which are higher than your level, at least not those that are far away. As your CoS will be lower than 20% even if you do use 1000 cans on colors which aren't on your level.

I wouldn't recommend coloring with colors which are higher than your level, at least not those that are far away. As your CoS will be lower than 20% even if you do use 1000 cans on colors which aren't on your level.

As you say Sarah ^^ you are the boss here lol

Yeah i am sure the price going to crash big time because its looting like crazy and no one needs to recolor a dozen times to get a perfect color anymore!

YAY

As well items loot based on how many are left to be looted. So for example we all now burn up a few k of orange paint then BOOM a few K are avalabe to be looted again. With the large amount used up now its going to start looting in huge amount again!

All of this makes me happy and I gain skill better than ever now

YAY

* happy kitten *

im really sorry for the painters but

if the prices keep droping and reach the 105 limit i will not sell them anymore in auction or to players , simply ill do as i do with oils and cheap loot ..... straight to the tt

and im shure a lot of players will do the same

what a mess they did this time

Back