Question: What is the main reason for the inflated prices of high end weapons and gear

What is the reason behind the inflated prices?

• More people "working" from home during covid - prices will reverse when people get back to work

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • US stimi checks - prices will reverse when "free" money supply ends

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • A combination of the above - prices will reverse to some long term mean value

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Other reason - prices will reverse to some long term mean value

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Other reason - prices will continue higher

Votes: 48 45.3%

• Total voters
Pretty much the high end mayhem rewards are the best around, and they have finally all run out at the mayhem token trader.

While there were still some left in the trader it wasn't so bad people always though o yeah there are still some lp100 or whatever else so i maybe can still get one. But now all the good stuff is gone and people are panik.

If we see a refresh of the mayhem rewards i suspect that the prices will come down at that time. I suspect they will refresh it soonish as already people are less interested in mayhem due to the good prizes already being gone.
Lol wut, people are less interested in mayhem because....spoiler there is no mayhem! lmao

The game is really better and not just Caly; there's a ton of new content in the past 2 years that many hunters still can't figure out where to go next and there are quite a lot of new items, armors in particular, introduced recently, little to no overlapping in PP events, new game mechanics and systems with the RDI and seems like only the beginning to me.. I cannot understand how people can say there's not much to do... and yeah, all this new stuff made some curious enough to come back and grab a stick to poke things around. When a lot of people want the handful of sticks available at the table, they're gonna be pretty hard to come by. But they still remain just that, some tools and most important thing is how they are being used by the owner; dpp to tt profit days are long gone and people having big lags in this game, they are waking up.

some weapons will go down in price no doubt, when people will realize that tiny dps doesn't do much even on big effi, but big guns are somewhat in steady hands these days and they don't move around much, on the contrary, there's still high demand for them. Still 38 top dps weapons in Mayhem, not having noob bc30, lp40 doesn't mean the Mayhems are over because no more incentive and don't get your hopes up with vendor restocking, not gonna happen, except for pills...

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

Last edited by a moderator:
Because MA is known to rain UL weapons until they are worth pecs... and then people will invest heavily in Mayhems to get those pecs reward.
Mayhem vendor is sold a third so far. There's plenty of items in there that are really good and game changers..

All the best stuff is gone that pretty simple to see.
Lol wut, people are less interested in mayhem because....spoiler there is no mayhem! lmao
Obviously that too, lol :p

i think we are at kindergarten

i wait for you at school gates, let's have a catfight and see who is the king of the Diapers room

back to topic
Higher level player require less efficiency due to looter level compensate it
this is reflected into mayhem trader--- try to see... every 10 level it falls 4 eff points.... guess why?
and the weapons add DPP because when yo are maxed on looter just need to spend less per kill
BP110 LP120 BP130 reflect this....
yes takes more time to reach thise levels, and many players that could use do not need
this is the Pyramid of every game.
here is tied also to "ability" that is balancing skill, gears and targets OR "fat VISA" status.

i cannot use for the level but AMP wise if i could use a LP120 is a dream gun... THEN....
it requires to cycle 1m ped per month and 1m ped per month is about 25.000/30.000 loss
si need to find 26.000 / 31.000 ped MU to keep going without hoarding credit card

No need to restock the mayhem trader until there are still upgrades available imho
high end byg cycle player are on teh Entroipialife ladder.... i am sure top 50 are served
with 35 weapons available we can serve all top 100 hunters

p.s. if someone thiks tha this is PVP i suggest to try Overwatch....
this is not PVP it is just ambush a miner and steal 10 Euro off him.....
i have more honor, and fight monster than can retaliate.

It is simple: Efficiency is an overrated parameter which resellers use to hype up the prices for these "loot 2.0 weapons". Players owning these weapons are usually quick to defend the prices to defend their investments. Which is understandable since they probably overpaid for them.

DPS is still king. Add decent DPP and looter level then you are good to go. If you know what to hunt for markup then you will profit regardless of efficiency.

If you have low looter level and you lack of knowledge on what to hunt to profit then efficiency will help lower your loot swings. Although that is not worth a 200k ped investment.

All the best stuff is gone that pretty simple to see.

Obviously that too, lol :p
That is a matter of perspective. Top event contenders are still there. As I said, there is a lag usually in the community, people see LR 60 / BC80 as the best stuff in there when it's only good for a short period of time, unlike BP130, BP110 that will win so many events in the future...
Those faps are also amazing, making you almost impossible to kill....

[Moderated: Removed reply to deleted post]

Last edited by a moderator:
As simple as the greed, market manipulation and people holding gear they have no uses of.
I have a friend who made a lot with the CLDs, got bunch of them when they were at 1K, sold them with a huge profit and invested in gear last year expecting prices to rise, he owns two LP-70 FEN (dual welding when?) 2-3 imk2, mod mercs, imp & mod faps, bunch of "2.0 weapons", armor, faps, all sitting in storage, without going to be on the market until probably UE5. Every prices went X2 or X3, he's pretty happy ,-)
I very highly doubt he's the only one who did that so... the resellers manipulating prices, pushing them up, players owning gear not selling them for the simple reason as they're using it and people investing in gear and locking them to rent them or hold them for months/years, means if you want to upgrade your gear, you will have to pay crazy prices meaning it will actually be the new "current price" of that item.

I'm happy with my Opalo SGA.

Psss, caves are great, Pupugis are fun ;p

As simple as the greed, market manipulation and people holding gear they have no uses of.
I have a friend who made a lot with the CLDs, got bunch of them when they were at 1K, sold them with a huge profit and invested in gear last year expecting prices to rise, he owns two LP-70 FEN (dual welding when?) 2-3 imk2, mod mercs, imp & mod faps, bunch of "2.0 weapons", armor, faps, all sitting in storage, without going to be on the market until probably UE5. Every prices went X2 or X3, he's pretty happy ,-)
I very highly doubt he's the only one who did that so... the resellers manipulating prices, pushing them up, players owning gear not selling them for the simple reason as they're using it and people investing in gear and locking them to rent them or hold them for months/years, means if you want to upgrade your gear, you will have to pay crazy prices meaning it will actually be the new "current price" of that item.

I'm happy with my Opalo SGA.

Psss, caves are great, Pupugis are fun ;p
Gimme :D I want a LP70 to store on my storage too :D

I don't think that there is a main reason for this increase in prices. There are a few factores to take into account:

1- COVID scenario (more ppl working from home and able to take a look into the game more frequently)
2- Loot 2.0 ( did took some time but loots of players already did the transition gear wise)
3- Expectation of what new Mayhem events can bring and the fact that UE5 is not in a distante future (I hope)
4- More ppl coming into the game, new ones and also old players returning. ( the forum reflects it well)
5- Resellers saw here an opportunity when ppl stared to change to more effic. weapons and of course they did took it.
6- Players are more skilled now, the group of SIB guns that they can use is now bigger.

But not everything is terrible, just a few days a go I bought a sib mace that allow me to hunt lvl 30-45 mobs in gremlin and without heal and at a decent efficiency for the DPS that it have. Items changing hands is nice because it create opportunities for everyone.

@ fanan reseller are not the "evil" they just are annoying because do not let the flow of items but force price jumps
let's see some "special items"
FEN SB10 + A&P lr 20 were 3000 peds, probably too few for the token used, because were compared to the REAL USE
of such a small weapon with limited killing capacity
the "30 dps fen series" (argo weak, BC30, BP20) was in the 20k, sicnerely 20 or 25 is a small difference , 20% in relative
term or 4000 ped in absolute is not the end of the world)
the "43 DPS zone" start to move wildly LP40 and LR40 zone doubled up from 35ish to 80 for one and 25 to 50 the other
that is totally related to the 94 eff vs 80 eff. The 30 eff jump from a regular 63ish weapon command a rise of 2x
the "60ish dps items" that are just a 8% dpp and 25 eff better than other ones skyrocketed from 60k of a series 70 to the
(last price i saw ) 140k tradable zone of a lp70 / bp70. NOTHING WRONG, limited supply ask whatever, but.... the
reduced "standard" MU level of OILS and common drops make those weapons very costly for the amortization of
the price paid upfront as a markup instead of other weapons. Are they worth =? YES and NO.
YES for heavy volume grinders that can see the benefit of DPP and have already implemented all the other DPP increases
NO for small volume cyclers, that should think of cheaper ways to increase DPP that go out og scope of this thread

I saw the personal REAL data sheet of a mid level soc mate with 3x 80+ eff weapons, and were 96.5% TT
the real benefit was to get many less globals, makinf eff a "stabilization" effect for volume grinders that realize
with less risk the real scope of a long grinding

force the loot generator to deliver you a good multiplier while resisting a sttring of bad ones. seems too easy
but this is how people has successful hunting also with ModMerc, as na exmple, or with 2870, or with garbage eff items
resist depth in the sino wave of loot returns.
FEN are not mandatory, just a help. a pistol (even a FEN) is just as lethal as the killer instinct of the wielder.

It depends what you mean by "high end" and what item.

1)High end armor increase in price because people saw the sense in saving the MU compared to L armors.Not easy to find a set of L armor on AH and the mark up is insane especially during events where it can reach 300 % for some pieces.

2)Top dps weapon increased in value because new content was introduced that favours high dps.Fyi, loot 2.0 is changed to a dps game. MA does not want ppl running around with pea shooters taking money out of their pockets like those imk2 days.Long discussion and i am lazy to get into it so i will leave it as that.

3)Since item prices are now high, owning a high dps weapon allows you access to those items. For example, a bp110 now will cost about 150 k at least...if a weapon allows me to farm around 15-20 k mtokens a event without any placement..means it only takes me a year plus to get a 150 k item...will anyone sell a item that can give you 150 k a year (minimum, not counting countless other stuff u can do) for cheap? Even a 2 year ROI (300 k) does not sound over priced if you compare it to other investments.

4)Tier components are much harder to get and have high mu now, so people rather pay a bit more for a ready tiered weapon so fully tiered weapons have seen price increases as well.

These are the points i can answer for as it was my thought process when i made the decision to invest in those type of gear. Maybe someone who paid 100 k for a low dps high eff weapon can answer to why he did it ? I am extremely curious to know...(not impying this is not a mistake or bad decision, just curious on why)

Last edited:
That is a matter of perspective. Top event contenders are still there. As I said, there is a lag usually in the community, people see LR 60 / BC80 as the best stuff in there when it's only good for a short period of time, unlike BP130, BP110 that will win so many events in the future...
Those faps are also amazing, making you almost impossible to kill....

[Moderated: Removed reply to deleted post]
most players will never use a bp110 or bp130 though. no point making great prizes that are well outside the reach of players that you are trying to incentivize

No-one wants to sell the item they bought overpriced, for less than they bought it. Ergo, upward price pressure permenently.

Inflated prices ,,where ,, prices have not yet even come close to returning to what they once were check your history

we do not know eachother, what for me is a huge sum, for XYZ can be pocket money

same 50k are a midlevel Mercedes for me, for another are a top gear in a game.
it is a personal choice.

that there is ALWAYS a ladder, top gamers demand top tools.

the 10x BP130 with their massive DPS and insane DPP are for 10 ppl...
probably cycling that sum is not even for 10 it for 5 players

and some of the top gamers are ok with lower level items,
being it a dagger or a LP100, those are comfortable already.

LP120 can be used in game by probably 100 200 players and some have
already the tool they want and consider it too big for usual grind.

being 120 does not mean shooting 40k ped per day

all the thread i thinhk is about smaller weapons
the real matter is that being 40 (Ewe 41 and the now uncraftable maddox4 adj
to level 80...95 (macmahon, modmerc, 2870) there is nothing or ....

there is LR60, BP 70 LP70 that are just a small amount
and many are not even used because are kept for sale at bigger prices

as many more player reach level 85 and with 3x accuracy enahcner,
some scope and sight can use L100 weapons, the problems fades
there are a good amount of 3 DPP items that with correct rings can rise to 3.3
and the combo cost much less than 150k.

i am pretty sure that as i can buy a LP100 or more my GF will ahve a bigger amount of gold
happy wife happy life happy hunting
Sell girl for gold, sell gold for Mod LP100, Make money, rebuy gold, rebuy girl ?
Or bunch of new weapons with TGA (Third Golden Age) & future content = prices go down to where it was a year ago, sell gun for a rope.

Loot 2.0 is still new, it's the era of those weapons but it will drop again when there will be something else that will rise.

1) more players, fewer weapons per capita as the game grows = insatiable demand for loot 2.0 weapons

2) events are a cash cow for players and MA knows this/are okay with this. big guns bring home big paychecks, even from box farming.

3) the game is getting better - as more people skill up they realize loot is actually pretty good, especially if you keep shooting and play within bankroll and save up loot, etc... margins are thin but if you can cycle 100k+ in a week you actually make a good paycheck at the end of the month, and you have fun doing it.

i beg your pardon rocket......
Your arguments are solid but... do not apply to this environment
player base contracted 27% in the 2021 (3804 vs 5200) on entropialife
CLD yield is confirming this with insane low of 2.someting (see CLD tracker)
margins shriked and just box farming and soem specific item rose in price
(oils that are th common drop are near TT sicne some month)
shraps are becoming itneresting at least they generrate 101% :)

apologize but correct logic, wrong place to apply

it is for me still greed and market manipulation

shraps

1) more players, fewer weapons per capita as the game grows = insatiable demand for loot 2.0 weapons

2) events are a cash cow for players and MA knows this/are okay with this. big guns bring home big paychecks, even from box farming.

3) the game is getting better - as more people skill up they realize loot is actually pretty good, especially if you keep shooting and play within bankroll and save up loot, etc... margins are thin but if you can cycle 100k+ in a week you actually make a good paycheck at the end of the month, and you have fun doing it.
100% agree with this.

2.0 wepons wont make u milions day one buy heey its a gamechnager :) game becomes much much cheaper to play....

shraps are becoming itneresting at least they generrate 101% :)

apologize but correct logic, wrong place to apply

it is for me still greed and market manipulation
Yeah cld peaked at migration then gradualy went down and we have ark gold rush aswell if u look eomons got replaced by moloch...

Funny how price for cld went down before migration to 2800 and after over 3100.. what dose it say?

We also pay for EU's real cash economy, seeing as it depends on players paying for repairs and buying ammo, mining bombs, welding wire and so on.

@INTERNUT if i recall correctly the activitews that you mention are not going to MA, the revenues of TT are put into loot pool
it is a percent (undisclosed) of the decay that goed to MA not the whole
welding wire is a crafted component so all over TT goes to the crafter or the reseller
cost of repairing Wall with welding wire at robot attack are FULLY LOST and become skill points 100% there is no economic return
(and that is why skills grow so fast, all outcome of decay go into skill (i suppose some percent is taken by MA)

Didn't know welding wire was crafted, sry. But the other things are not crafted, are you saying that MA does not profit directly from ammo, mining bomb, other TT item purchases and from repairs. Other things like auction fees also come to mind.

they profit "indiirectly" when you USE the items and loose a part of the TT return hunting or mining
generally speaking seems that (apart marketing bullsh*t or local sinewave return) average loot for
hunt is 98% so on teh AVERAGE of the population 2% tax is taken by MA and that is its return.
remember that the percent is taken every time you shot, so it is a mergingale function of
(cost to kill * 0.98).
much of the rest is conspiration theory... but the function cn be marginally altered with some
special and costly items (rings, high eff items) but i am pretty sure that 99% is a hard cap
so also on caly with 82% Shrapnel yuou can not get over 99.8% and pay a piece of hamster food
game is deceiving, informations are not confirmed if not in general terms, rely on math functions
and consider that successful hunters are successful TRADERS find a buyer for the good loots)

you can not beat the game, you can beat the gamers

I think the resellers are only partially to blame here, because players sometimes buy things at ridiculously inflated prices without being forced to. How do resellers convince someone of paying such a price, that's a different story...

Now here's the part that I do not understand. MA introduced a bunch of cool toys for the playerbase to use, hunt, heal, cycle. But a significant part of these toys ended up sitting in resellers' storage (some on inactive players as well, but that's besides the point). Point is, from a purely economical standpoint MA should want these tools to be actively used to cycle, but many of them are just collecting dust. From here it makes sence to assume that one day MA will do something about it by introducing new tools into the market, hopefully this happens sooner rather than later, since the tools available now are locked behind ridiculous prices.

I think the resellers are only partially to blame here, because players sometimes buy things at ridiculously inflated prices without being forced to. How do resellers convince someone of paying such a price, that's a different story...

Now here's the part that I do not understand. MA introduced a bunch of cool toys for the playerbase to use, hunt, heal, cycle. But a significant part of these toys ended up sitting in resellers' storage (some on inactive players as well, but that's besides the point). Point is, from a purely economical standpoint MA should want these tools to be actively used to cycle, but many of them are just collecting dust. From here it makes sence to assume that one day MA will do something about it by introducing new tools into the market, hopefully this happens sooner rather than later, since the tools available now are locked behind ridiculous prices.
What do u think what MA wants more... more users with 80+effi or more 60+effi? And if ppl cant get hands on 80+ what they are gona use?

As eve said cant see mindark adding more ho effi wepons anytime soon... they might but i think they will be hi effi L wepons....

What do u think what MA wants more... more users with 80+effi or more 60+effi? And if ppl cant get hands on 80+ what they are gona use?

As eve said cant see mindark adding more ho effi wepons anytime soon... they might but i think they will be hi effi L wepons....

They could at least add some instead of those that are collecting dust at the moment, since the weapons were meant to be used, but aren't.

Highly efficient L weapons would work I suppose, but that's going to create issues for the crafted Armatrix market if they are gonna be crafted. And going on an expensive quest for a L gun? Idk about that, guess it would depend on the quest.

Back