Question: When using a skill mod enhancer on your weapon and shoot/hunt with it, do you get skill increase bonus aswell?

travrevyen

Self-Requested Deactivation
Society
Freelancer
Martin Martin Petersen
Do you get more skills and skill up faster with skill modification enhancers on your weapon?

You dont get skill increases from using skill mod enhancers... These only increase your related skill levels while they are in the slot by .5 levels per enhancer.

okay i was just getting alot more skills than normal when i was shooting around fort troy so maybe it was the enhancers but guess not, maybe there is skill increase bonus on the area around Fort Troy?

How do you know you were getting more skills?

Also what were you hunting around troy?

I know because I was 99.34% close to level 70 so I was waching my skills very carefully and boom It happend so fast much faster then before I was hunting Proteron
I even got 0.04 % when I hit level 70 I thought I would be 70 + 0.00%

I thought in general just using enhancers gives more skill. But dont know if skill mod enhancers gives even more.

Interesting tho :)

skilling up slows down when you approach 100% of a level. However, after you reach a level skilling speeds up again.

Perhaps that's what you were experiencing your reply seems to confirm this.

Also some mobs you gain less skills on than others (e.g. proteron) at least used to not sure how it all is in the new standardised framework.

been 9 days since I las posted here. I am now level 70+34% I think so in 9 days of hunting average/normal I have gained 34% I was using 3 Skill mod enhancers all the time, so I think It has gone up fast, but maybe its because its in the beginnning of a new level. I just never noticed this before. well anyways I think its going really fast now skilling up. SO if we calculate 9 days= 34% thats 27 days for 1 full level and that means I need 30 level to reach level 100 so 30x27=810 days = 2 years and 2½ month before I reach level 100.:wise:

been 9 days since I las posted here. I am now level 70+34% I think so in 9 days of hunting average/normal I have gained 34% I was using 3 Skill mod enhancers all the time, so I think It has gone up fast, but maybe its because its in the beginnning of a new level. I just never noticed this before. well anyways I think its going really fast now skilling up. SO if we calculate 9 days= 34% thats 27 days for 1 full level and that means I need 30 level to reach level 100 so 30x27=810 days = 2 years and 2½ month before I reach level 100.:wise:

This is assuming skill gains are linear and do not get exponentially harder to get :b which I believe is indeed the case

Could be that skill gains are directly related to TT spent, and enhancer consumption is part of that "TT spent" ??

I have used some of those enhancers while using lc-60, have sib: yes on it but the damage interval still low so I used these so I could get a bit more of damage.

Like every tool ingame, the more decay per shot/use the more skills we get. Cycle more skill more.

Well you forget that you got commando. It is an amazing HP skill (1hp lvl every 200 points) but it also contributes 3% to almost all combat professions! (commando don't affect mindforce lvls and you wont get commando while skilling mindforce)

You don't say which weapon you are using. Since Skill Enhancers add .5 to your level, they would be uneconomic on an old UL weapon, so I presume you have a L.

If you are not maxed, you get SIB anyway, if you are maxed, the Skill Enhancers have no effect.

As Fanan said, my understanding of Skill Enhancers is that they improve your economy and dps while you are in the SIB period, hopefully by more than their cost, though I still don't recall seeing any cost comparison statistics.

Last edited:
Back