Have MA messed up Claim sizes??

• Total voters

RJ-Rob

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingo's
RJ Rob James
Who thinks Mining is bugged since this new VU with the new mining equipment

with the claim sizes i mean, and who thinks that MA have just confirmed to us that if this is a bug, that MA can change the LOOT when ever they like and how ever they like without telling us, THIS is a MAJOR big thing MA have done, everyone is losing peds.... even the players that are getting hofs is getting cheated, cos there hofs should have been bigger than what they got :(

please answer if you think MA have totally cheated us and if you think MA should pay compensation for this big ERROR

RJ Rob

I vote i don't know because i haven't logged on since the update !!

But it can be a good indicator to get opinions of many people and their collective experience

I vote i don't know because i haven't logged on since the update !!

But it can be a good indicator to get opinions of many people and their collective experience

yah that is why i did a poll :)

tbh I have no idea :dunno:

I have only done three short runs with the new mining system...

Run 1 - Profit - 125PED XIV HoF, 1x IX, 2x VII and a bunch of II and a couple of IV - About 50PED probes used.
Run 2 - Loss - Mainly II, a few IV and a couple of VII/VIII - About 30PED probes used.
Run 3 - Breakeven if I remember correctly - Mainly II and IV, a few VII - Can't remember exactly how many probes but not too many.

EDIT:

Posted this in another thread but it might help a bit here too:
To give some statistics (from January) that you can compare to:

Bit less than 4000 bombs dropped.
1000 claims found.
54 of those claims were II.
Gear used was unamped OF-105

Mining now with my F-105, I seem to find more II but also more bigger ones... Instead of a majority being III and IV, I now get a majority of II and VII... o_O

Last edited:
Interested in this also. Although we may have to give the big miners a chance to try it out and check if the HoFs are still like before.

Interested in this also. Although we may have to give the big miners a chance to try it out and check if the HoFs are still like before.

or rather if average returns are like before... HoFs could be smaller due to a rebalancing to a higher amount but smaller size claims :dunno:

or rather if average returns are like before... HoFs could be smaller due to a rebalancing to a higher amount but smaller size claims :dunno:

But.... should'nt MA have said they rebalanced mining in release notes, so if it was a rebalance, then i think MA have totally applyed something that they did not even say they was implementing which means they are changing loot all the time, which MA usually reply when they answer support cases is, LOOT is the same as always, LIE i think :scratch2: :scratch2:

Who thinks Mining is bugged since this new VU with the new mining equipment

I think mining was bugged since VU 10, to say the least - 30% returns on a 200 PED run, 50% returns over several runs...

no idea how it is now, haven't logged in since.

But.... should'nt MA have said they rebalanced mining in release notes, so if it was a rebalance, then i think MA have totally applyed something that they did not even say they was implementing which means they are changing loot all the time, which MA usually reply when they answer support cases is, LOOT is the same as always, LIE i think :scratch2: :scratch2:

Ok, dude - how many probes could you have dropped since the VU yesterday?

And you already scream "bugged!!"... and make a whining thread about it...

Seriously: you can't even tell if it's been "rebalanced" - from a single day, what are you, a psychic?

:banghead:

Sorry i double posted, but i just thought of something MAJOR......

MA say we get locked out when we make money from a bug or glitch....

BUT when MA make a BIG BUG where THEY make MONEY, MA dont get locked, :scratch2:

they are breaking there own EULA plain and simple

BUT when MA make a BIG BUG where THEY make MONEY, MA dont get locked, :scratch2:

It is not proven yet. YOU are not supposed to make money from a glitch or bug, and who told you that messing with the loot is a bug, or that there is any at all? You are confusing things here, they are not breaking their own EULA. May I suggest you head to the Ask MindArk section in entropiaforum.com and ask Kim from MindArk?

I think mining was bugged since VU 10, to say the least - 30% returns on a 200 PED run, 50% returns over several runs...

Seriously: you can't even tell if it's been "rebalanced" - from a single day, what are you, a psychic?

Lowest I have experienced in returns (only enmatt mining) is 60% with an average return of 80%. Depends on area and who mined there.

Regarding the post, I agree, it's too soon to make such a thread stating that MA messed with loot and we are getting less.

but havent u seen all the threads relating to the claim sizes there is about 7 threads m8, and how can u comment on something if you havent even logged in and tryed mining yet, so dont criticise me m8, and this is not a whining thread, so dont think that it is, MA have made a big ERROR and we are purely letting everyone know that mining is *bugged*

It is not proven yet. YOU are not supposed to make money from a glitch or bug, and who told you that messing with the loot is a bug, or that there is any at all? You are confusing things here, they are not breaking their own EULA. May I suggest you head to the Ask MindArk section in entropiaforum.com and ask Kim from MindArk?

you have missed my point when i posted this comment though,

it was a general comment, i know what the EULA says, and MA can make money from bugs, but players cant, players just always lose money, that is the purpose of how i based that comment on, i will copy and paste from the EULA if you wish, and i dont need to ask Kim from MindArk nothing, because my comment is actually a truth, MA can do what ever they like and we can not do nothing about it apart from carry on playing or stop playing

you have missed my point when i posted this comment though,

it was a general comment, i know what the EULA says, and MA can make money from bugs, but players cant, players just always lose money, that is the purpose of how i based that comment on, i will copy and paste from the EULA if you wish, and i dont need to ask Kim from MindArk nothing, because my comment is actually a truth, MA can do what ever they like and we can not do nothing about it apart from carry on playing or stop playing

It is not a bug if they did it on purpose. The EULA has nothing to do with MA at all. Kim from MindArk is actually answering questions and talking to the community, so there is the place to actually ask the question instead of screaming here like you said in other threads "Oh noez! Mining is bugged!"

but havent u seen all the threads relating to the claim sizes there is about 7 threads m8, and how can u comment on something if you havent even logged in and tryed mining yet, so dont criticise me m8, and this is not a whining thread, so dont think that it is, MA have made a big ERROR and we are purely letting everyone know that mining is *bugged*

I don't need to log in to know that your sample size is way too low to judge anything, simply because you didn't have enough time to test things properly.

What you do is not "letting everyone know that mining is bugged", what you do is "letting everyone know that you think it is bugged, with next to zero evidence" - can you see the difference?

And btw: Mining has been like you describe it every now and then, long before the last VU - this is NOTHING new.

I am 99.9% sure that ore mining is working off the same loot multiplier as enmatter right now, even though it costs .5 ped more tt to search for ore. Do some unamped mining, you will see that you will get the same range of claims and likely the same return if you drop enough bombs for both ore and enmatter. As enmatter sizes haven't changed, I can only see this as being a bug. Why would they halve the claim sizes of ore but keep enmatter the same for unamped mining? For amped mining you can notice that there is a ratio equivalent to -.5 of the old claim sizes for the equivalent efficiency. I have already dropped thousands of bombs since the patch, and lost a couple k ped. This is easily noticeable that ore claims are all a ratio of .5 ped lower than 20 probes + the decay of whatever amplifier you are using.

MA already messed up by enmatter mining and not being able to skill up surveying but prospecting instead... which makes me really doubt that this is the system that they intended, there are just too many inconsistencies.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...g-has-same-Loot-Multiplier-as-Enmatter-Mining

Last edited:
I am 99.9% sure that ore mining is working off the same loot multiplier as enmatter right now, even though it costs .5 ped more tt to search for ore.

It doesn't cost .5 PED more to search for ore, maybe do some actual research before you claim that the system is bugged.

It doesn't cost .5 PED more to search for ore, maybe do some actual research before you claim that the system is bugged.

Searching for enmatter takes 10 bombs with 0.05PED tt value each, meaning 0.5PED... searching for ore takes 20 bombs with 0.05PED tt value each, meaning 1PED...

So I'd say it is pretty accurate.

Dear Lord are you full of shit. Just because you had a bad run you a throwing accusations right, left and center ... I had a very nice run yesterday and hit XIV with an 102 amp on an 105 finder ... And another XI and another IX ... After about 50 drops I was up 50 ped ...

loot is bloody dynamic, if you had dropped 10.000 probes and still had 30% returns I would understand your argument but this is beyond idiotic ...

As with regards to FOMA, I do not know, do not care. It looks to me that MA might have twitched the system a little and made all mining equal (which imo is good).

Angel

Log-in, look at your finder or find one in the trade terminal. Read the description for the different types of mining on the ore finder. Note the cost of survey probes... Could you at least do this before telling me that I am wrong and "To do some actual research"?

I only spent about 12 hours mining since the last VU... I think I know a little it about what I'm talking about (If you doubt me, I have 600+ globals logged on tracker right now and am #1 for 30 days). I'm not usually one to post, and I wouldn't post unless I thought something was seriously wrong.

WE??? are letting ppl know mining is bugged ... YOU are letting ppl know. And just because there are whining threads (your included big time) doesn't mean something is wrong. People are whiners on the whole and are lemmings as well (again, you are at the top of this).

I did not see any unbalanced claims yesterday, had a couple of II's (enmatter only) and some III's (ores and enmatter) but also a lot of V's and VI's which is normal for an 102 amplifier.

Jesus, why don't you give a day and AT LEAST try another run before posting bullshit like mining is bugged

Angel

Please do this test, I just did it to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, it only took me 3 bombs.

Take your finder and mine unamped for ore anywhere planetside, you should get a tiny .5 claim in no time. This was not the case before this VU. You will also find that you will get the same sizes with enmatter even though enmatter only uses 10 probes.

Dunno... yesterday wanted to test how the new equipment works ....
.. have not got a single claim...

...bugged or not I don't give a fap. They should suffer...

Dear Lord are you full of shit. Just because you had a bad run you a throwing accusations right, left and center ... I had a very nice run yesterday and hit XIV with an 102 amp on an 105 finder ... And another XI and another IX ... After about 50 drops I was up 50 ped ...

loot is bloody dynamic, if you had dropped 10.000 probes and still had 30% returns I would understand your argument but this is beyond idiotic ...

As with regards to FOMA, I do not know, do not care. It looks to me that MA might have twitched the system a little and made all mining equal (which imo is good).

Angel

OMG, are you blind, i am not whining though, STOP making false accusations, LOOK at the poll results and tell me those other people are whining too and moaning,

AND can i also say what is the point in foma if all claim sizes is like calypso, there is no point, so that is why mining is bugged simple, please stop saying im whining and look at all the threads and facts about this issue

Indeed ore mining has the same multiplier than enmat mining, even tho it costs 50pec more to drop a bomb, the claim sizes are the same.

I voted no.

I dropped about 250 bombs last night with level 2 and 5 amps, and the sizes were exactly the same as before.

* All ore, I didn't do any en-matter seeking.

{removed}

To others: Please make sure that you feel you have a sample size large enough to make this claim, and that you have some kind of statistics to back this up. Similar threads have been made earlier without sufficent fact behind them and, if this is indeed an error, I am sure that it will be fixed. If it is not an error, we can start complaining when we can prove that average returns are down.

As my sample size is only three very short runs, I can say that YES, I did have the same feeling as many of you seem to do. But NO, I do not feel I have enough data to back this up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old news.... We all know that the game has many bugs that MA dont do anyting about so they gain a lot of money on this bugs ---> So in a way MA always break the EULA because the use the bugs to gain money.:laugh:

I think that the UNAMPED Ore claim sizes are flawed. Don't get me wrong I am all in for smaller and more claims!!! However to me it seems that they are just smaller now. As others have said if you voted "no" please just go out there drop 100ped worth of ore probes and then compare the claim sizes you got to those from previous runs. You WILL notice a difference. Now the question that remains is if the difference is a "bug" as the poll implies or maybe just a "change". Well only the guys at MA know that and they don't care to tell us... so I voted yes but they don't care for now.

Yeah something is odd, when mining with level 7 amp i get regular sizes Pre VU.

When mining unamped the sizes are smaller not following multiplier pattern of above.

But i voted "No" because i am in general tired of whiny biches, complaining over self inflicted pain, so didnt even bother to read it properly just tried to add some counter weight lol....

Back