Why I like Entropia

Thanks everyone for the feedback, both good and bad.

Almost like a playboy...
You play your way, and I'll play mine. :) Our goals differ, you and I. Thus our paths seem different. Personaly, I couldn't see myslef playing using your playing style. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

This just points out that you have no earthly idea why some people think that Entropia Universe isn't succeeding in making the game, ...

SamNinja said it best.
there's a difference between periodic constructive criticism, and ceaseless whine posts...

I've had my own critiques of MA. Never hid them. Made my fair share of posts and threads about those problems. (easy to find them.) Will make more. Sure MA's made bad mistakes. And are still make some.

But I don't post every other day how much this game sucks, or loot sucks or...

If within this entire Universe, you honestly can't figure out at least one method of playing that can make you happy, then leave. Please. Don't waste years of your precious life spreading bitterness into a game.

I agree with many of your choices John, but this really sums up your message.

Which is not very healthy for people who do want to play EU but cannot work out why they lose. It is not healthy for them, for the game, and - in the end - for you.

I am more interested in optimism. Try to imagine a world where people are allowed to want to play the game they want without absurd ( as they often are ) costs. Then you have a game.

Then you have very few people complaining. Really, you think people like to complain? ).

In simple language, you are attacking people on a false premise ( your self-interest). Antagonizing their reasonable concerns. Think about that for a moment.

Last edited:
Huge Problem - I can't decide what I want to do with so many choices and so little time.
Tiny Problem - I can't think of anything I want to do that I can afford.

Result - Having more fun than ever, almost 6 years in. Sometime I feel like I'm just getting warmed up.

The complainers who love the game and are fighting for what they want - I understand, but sometimes have to tune them out.

The trolls who just ride the game down - I just don't get some people, life is too short to be so miserable. Ignore list to the rescue.

:beerchug:

Miles

There are those in this community who are simply "professional complainers". All they do is complain. Some hold what little inventory they have, and bitch, hoping to create the changes needed so they can sell those items for mass profit. They don't play. They even admit it. Yet here they are, complaining on the forums, in Twin, where ever they can spread their ill will.

If within this entire Universe, you honestly can't figure out at least one method of playing that can make you happy, then leave. Please. Don't waste years of your precious life spreading bitterness into a game. It's not worth it. And there's so much more interesting things that you can do with your time.

People have dedicated years of their lives and tens of thousands of U.S. dollars into this game.... and you have the audacity to call them whiners and imply that they are no longer welcomed here because.... simply put... They refuse to sit back in silence while a passion of theirs is stripped from them? They've watched the entire game crumble within the palms of their hands and they just haven't been able to let the proverbial sand flow through their fingers and walk away yet.... and you..... John Capital are SO MUCH BETTER than them because you sold off your gear and can STILL have fun being a noob?

You know John.... as a mod you often piss me off... as an Entropian you make me f'king sick! As much as you ARE ALLOWED to enjoy the game and do whatever it is that tickles your scrotum until you make a post like this (every few months), others are allowed to bitch, whine, complain... WHATEVER without being crucified. If I told you what I considered THIS type of post (Your original post) to be I'm sure my post would get edited promptly.... but you know what? I don't sit here and tell you not to waste "years of precious life" bending over and taking it up the ass from some company in Sweden who's got you fooled into believing that those blinders you're wearing really are Chuck Norris Issue Sun Shades..... No.... I don't.... I let you have your say and don't start threads about excessive bullshit fanboy-ism and virtual fellatio not being cool on the forums.....

Oh.... and as for the location of your thread..... it should be in the Noob's Corner.

Menace

*EDIT* Upon taking a deep breath I figure my post was probably a bit excessive... that being said... I don't think there's any need to edit it because it just wouldn't say the same thing anymore....

ALSO... I agree with JC's post for the most part.... that is... until he starts whining about whiners.....

Last edited:
People have dedicated years of their lives and tens of thousands of U.S. dollars into this game.... and you have the audacity to call them whiners and imply that they are no longer welcomed here because.... simply put... They refuse to sit back in silence while a passion of theirs is stripped from them?

I don't think he has a problem with constructive criticism, and do you have a right to complain, but his point is that with some people they have 10,000 posts of nothing but negativity. The point of criticism is to make the game better, but if you're posting nothing but negativity, without a suggestion to remedy the problem, you appear to be angry all the time, so you look like this:

:D

Perhaps people complain because they have enjoyed Entropia over the years, but are constantly frustrated by the decisions that MA make and force upon them; or they believe that the game is not what it should be. People have invested a load of time and money into building up their characters. It can't be a surprise that they get angry or start 'whinging' when they think MA screws them over. There's a lot to like about the game. But there's also a lot to get frustrated about.

Hmm ... I am one of the complainers. But I am still here since old Project Entropia in 2005. OMG, It's my 8th year! How comes? EU is my hideaway. I was looking around for an alternate. I didn't succeed. JC's post summed it up for me. +rep old enemy!

About complaints:
It seems complaints are enhanced since not millions of people play, but every VU, some people go some people come I suppose, if you look at it its usually complaints about something that changes :p

We might not like it, but after a while the human being adapts and its ok.

Some things however are a bit justified because its obvious things but most of it is seemingly related to changes that just need thinking and adaptation while they seem overly dramatic and cruel at first :p

About complaints:
It seems complaints are enhanced since not millions of people play, but every VU, some people go some people come I suppose, if you look at it its usually complaints about something that changes :p

We might not like it, but after a while the human being adapts and its ok.

Some things however are a bit justified because its obvious things but most of it is seemingly related to changes that just need thinking and adaptation while they seem overly dramatic and cruel at first :p

You cant adapt on all things.
If loot sucks - ok you adapt or you take break.
But once you invested serious money and time in something wich is not usable you hard adapt.
Like dead professions - taming and all investigator professions.
Yes taming got most long terms complains ( if we forget daily loot sucks posts).
Even if you want to adapt, sell those skills with some MU - who will buy skills for dead profession?
And tools and items for dead profession? Like scaners devaluated from 15k to 500 ped..
And hangars? Is not that you can addapt on that kind of changes as you can on bad loot run.
In other hand calling an post as negative or whining is subjective.
I like to read so called whining posts - i always learn something there.

Back