Question: Why is MindArk allowing planet partners (cough NEVERDIE) to leave their planets to abandon?

thisEUplayer

Provider
Society
Not worth it
Not worth it
not trolling, this is a legitimate question.

rocktropia servers are way, way slower than other planets. for logging in, for updates, or loading areas. logging in it takes a while to load everything

i started playing rocktropia a couple of days ago and the sheer number of graphical bugs and glitches is absolutely insane.

the last update on the launcher is from years ago

icons for many planet-specific items are missing

literally the first mission giver near noobs noobs noobs has no legs

mission dialogs are completely broken

and the list goes on and on and on. i understand neverdie studios are (were) developping rocktropia and not mindark, but this is still "entropia universe" not "rocktropia universe"

why is mindark allowing planets to just die? dont planet partners have some kind of "obligation" to provide at least a minimum number of bug fixes?

it seems it would be better to just pull the plug on RT than to have it give a bad rep to the rest of the game no?

Why did MindArk allow Arkadia to be dead without any event or development for like 4 years...? Why did they allow Treasure Island to go untouched for over a decade?

Sometimes there are lawsuits and if/when that happens, they are not allowed to do anything to or with the assets that are affected by the lawsuit.

A few years ago I heard a rumor that Lemmy's Estate was suing Neverdie Studios for a bigger share of Rocktropia or something like that, probably just a rumour but who knows.

Neverdie did say recently in this forum that Rocktropia's turn will come at some point. And before that, he stated Dragon Kingdom was ready to be deed'ed.

I for one still believe in RT, which is why I'll just keep holding onto the shops I have there.

Why did MindArk allow Arkadia to be dead without any event or development for like 4 years...? Why did they allow Treasure Island to go untouched for over a decade?

Sometimes there are lawsuits and if/when that happens, they are not allowed to do anything to or with the assets that are affected by the lawsuit.

A few years ago I heard a rumor that Lemmy's Estate was suing Neverdie Studios for a bigger share of Rocktropia or something like that, probably just a rumour but who knows.

Neverdie did say recently in this forum that Rocktropia's turn will come at some point. And before that, he stated Dragon Kingdom was ready to be deed'ed.

I for one still believe in RT, which is why I'll just keep holding onto the shops I have there.
thank you for the insight, very informative! i had no idea

it seems it would be better to just pull the plug on RT than to have it give a bad rep to the rest of the game no?
No indeed! Any reputation harm caused by this list of imperfections is at most a minor annoyance, and I would even argue subjective in value judgment, as some may in fact view the graphics glitches as charming in a retro-console-game sort of way. The reputation harm caused by MindArk upending all of the investments Entropians have made into RT in terms of property purchases, item and blueprint collections, knowledge acquisition and mental representation cultivation, community formation, future planning, etc., etc., would be catastrophic, cutting into the very heart of what makes the Entropian experience player-driver rather than imposed top-down, probably (arguably?) to a more severe extent than any other instance of compromise to Entropia's principles we've seen thus far.

No indeed! Any reputation harm caused by this list of imperfections is at most a minor annoyance, and I would even argue subjective in value judgment, as some may in fact view the graphics glitches as charming in a retro-console-game sort of way. The reputation harm caused by MindArk upending all of the investments Entropians have made into RT in terms of property purchases, item and blueprint collections, knowledge acquisition and mental representation cultivation, community formation, future planning, etc., etc., would be catastrophic, cutting into the very heart of what makes the Entropian experience player-driver rather than imposed top-down, probably (arguably?) to a more severe extent than any other instance of compromise to Entropia's principles we've seen thus far.
probably not, I feel bad for those who invested in the planet due to a drug addicted POS

Well dunno how many of you are aware than Neverdie is currently making his own MMO and Pushing another MMO with virtual cash economy as the new great thing. I always thought he was full of .... - Remember when he was talking how people are going to get virtual jobs in Entropia ?
I dare to say that this will never happen my guess is that MA is simply waiting to turn the game to the new engine before they start fixing stuff (however i don't believe we gonna see a new engine anytime soon if ever )

People do that, but they make less then pennies an hour doing it.

He just doesn’t understand scope
Oh he was smart enough to see when to bail and some claim that he was Just a Ma employee and didnt own a thing we will never know the whole story.There are money to be made playing Entropia but it's not from hunting/mining or owning a land area that much i do know.

Heya,
not trolling, this is a legitimate question.

rocktropia servers are way, way slower than other planets. for logging in, for updates, or loading areas. logging in it takes a while to load everything

i started playing rocktropia a couple of days ago and the sheer number of graphical bugs and glitches is absolutely insane.

the last update on the launcher is from years ago

icons for many planet-specific items are missing

literally the first mission giver near noobs noobs noobs has no legs

mission dialogs are completely broken

and the list goes on and on and on. i understand neverdie studios are (were) developping rocktropia and not mindark, but this is still "entropia universe" not "rocktropia universe"

why is mindark allowing planets to just die? dont planet partners have some kind of "obligation" to provide at least a minimum number of bug fixes?

Heya EU Player,
let me see if I can answer some of these questions for u. First of all in answer to the Topic Question, I'm in deep discussion with Mindark to find a good way to address ROCKtropia development issues. These particular discussions have been underway for a few months. My previous attempts to address Pipeline issues didn't work out, hopefully they will this time around.

#2. I too have noticed it seems to take awhile to load the graphics on ROCKtropia since the UI update. Not sure what that is about, I will notify MA take a look. I have been logging in in heavily built up areas. maybe this is a factor. I haven't tried logging in and out in the wilderness.

#3. Its true there are a number of graphical bugs , a bunch of texture issues etc.. Back when I was able to to updates, we tried to address some of them but they are tricky.. So to really get to get to grips with these types of bugs , some trial and error will be involved over multiple VU's. I personally have been very active on ROCKtropia of late play testing and I haven't found the number of glitches to be insane or overly compromising of game play.
Regardless ,hopefully they can all be addressed when the Overall Rocktropia Pipeline issue is resolved

#4. The last real updates were indeed Years ago. I tried alot of things in the final Years of development to help really serve the desires of the Rocktropia Community forming a government and even hiring the Governor to help with development, sadly the governor vanished without a trace... Im not sure if it was due to Covid, Frustration or disillusionment.. I'm still confounded by what happened. In order restart development, We have to now start over and that requires getting on the same page with Mindark. I'm hoping that now that Entropia Universe is really doing well and being streamlined that this well lead to a positive re-visitation of Rocktropia.

#5. indeed there are some weird Icon issues, probably an easy fix once things are up and running again.

#6. That Poor Guys Legs have been missing for a while, its one of those peculiar texturing issues although at this point it might nice to give him a Supercharged Wheelchair or Bionic Legs to work it into the storyline.

#7 Some mission Dialogues maybe broken but not all by any means..

Here are a few fun Rocktropia Facts from the Last week:

Approximately 900 Quests were started on ROCKtropia and only 7 were abandoned and approximately 700 were completed ( some quests take more than a week to complete)

Over 500,000 Mobs were hunted on ROCKTROPIA in the Last Week.

Appx 5% of Rocktropia's Planet Revenue was paid out in wages to players completing Virtual Jobs that were designed as part of the President's job system. This system may prove to be scalable if or when the planet population grows.. ( On a personal note, I happen to enjoy the Job system enormously and test it frequently . on some days i Can complete it an hour or so and other days it can take a few hours, but I find it fun to see who is the fastest to tag the AI. For me it adds a level of gameplay, that is missing from the regular grinding.. And yes of course it can be annoying if people are Dragging Vixens to the turrets, but that is not happening all the time.

Finally I think Legend answered the Most important question raised...

I truly hope we will see some ROCKtropia progress soon and that all the planets can reflect well on the Universe as a whole and bring value to the Universe as a whole.. I personally still believe in the Potential of Entropia Universe and want to do my part to see it grow, even if that means getting out of my own way.

I see RT as a place to farm vixens for new players and mine alt and thats it.
I bet most of those 500k mobs killed last week were mostly vixens [Moderated: removed rule violation]

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet most of those 500k mobs killed last week were mostly vixens
Most quests also take seconds to minutes to complete.

I bet most of those 500k mobs killed last week were mostly vixens
The fact that it serves any purpose at all this stage is a positive in my mind. It's far enough away from Caly and other planets fro people to avoid it if they dont like it.

More than 200,000 were not Vixens, but yes a majority are vixens as the D-Class Amps are ROCKtropia's primary export.
the idea that new players can thrive on ROCKtropia is critical given the pressure to be based on Calypso to tap into the larger market.

I moved the New Player spawn from ROCKtropia to Calypso years ago, before the job system because new players were forced to leave because of the lack of a strong local economy to sustain them. And this was at a time when we were maintaining development and our passionate community was working their asses off to try to make the local economy thrive to no avail.

Most quests also take seconds to minutes to complete.

a significant portion of the completed missions are hunting missions that take time, the point being that looking at the numbers, its clear to me at least that Rocktropia's Mission dialog is not entirely broken across the board otherwise I would see a much larger number of abandoned missions

I should also mention that I'm not intrinsically opposed to the concept of criticizing planet partners, or of MindArk taking steps to correct misaligned planet partner incentive structures. Indeed, I might criticize such incentive structures on the grounds of their cultivating the sentiments which underpin threads like this one, i.e., disproportionate focus on the ephemeral design trends in Entropia relative to considerations essential to the Entropia concept. My disagreement is grounded in the specific proposal's cost-benefit, not the concept of criticism or change.

It can be challenging to objectively explicate and judge such costs and benefits unbiased by the expectations and assumptions of our synchronic frames of reference, but it is incredibly important that we aim to ground our analyses in principles, themselves grounded in the essence of the Entropia concept. Our in-the-moment social narratives are malleable and adapt via selection pressure and other mechanisms to Entropia's actual development trajectory, so it is vital to step back into the diachronic perspective and ask whether that trajectory and our preferences regarding it are coevolving toward, or away from, the fundamental value proposition and long-term potential of the Entropia concept. In general, this is quite challenging, often deserving a borderline-prohibitively holistic analysis, but in this instance, there may be some clues functioning as low-hanging fruit.

First consider that the question (at its most hyperbolic stage) is "why is mindark allowing planets to just die?" and the proposed solution is that MindArk should kill planets. This might strike us as comparable to the proposal that a physician should treat broken leg bones by amputating patients' legs, that societies should preemptively lock all citizens in cages to prevent them from restricting others' freedoms, or that operating systems should spend every last hardware resource swapping threads in and out of CPU and RAM to maximize their efficiency.

Or consider a more direct video game analogy. Imagine Nintendo could send a wireless signal throughout the world that would simultaneously brick every physical Gen 1 Pokémon cartridge. They could also simultaneously shut down all remastered, online flash, etc., versions of the game and effectively wipe Gen 1 from existence. I take it as uncontroversial that no combination of "look how primitive the art is compared to modern generations," "look how many graphical glitches there are," "look how often consoles freeze," "look how unbalanced Psychic-Types are," and "look how lazy/greedy/evil the developers later became" come even remotely close to warranting such an annihilation of all of the time and attention players have invested into the games by way of learning, discovering, speedrunning, breaking, optimizing, community building, etc., as well as all of the future potential for those communities to continue to do so. Whatever Nintendo's financial incentives may be, players should vehemently and uniformly reject sacrificing exiting gameplay opportunities on the grounds that cleansing their imperfections may yield some possible benefit to Nintendo's brand image. There are obviously differences in secondary detail between this thread's proposal and the analogies (as so with every analogy, i.e., reduce bricking the cartridge to erasing only three of the towns if you prefer), but none so central that this thread's proposal strikes me as significantly less drastic. The complaints offered here are so minor (and some subjective) relative to the magnitude of the proposal that I'm inclined to compare it to amputating one's legs because their pants do not match their shirt and two of the buttons appear to be out of place via factory defect (which some folks consider ugly and others an aesthetically pleasing anti-fashion).

Last edited:
Well, presumably, because they paid for it.

Heya,

Heya EU Player,
let me see if I can answer some of these questions for u. First of all in answer to the Topic Question, I'm in deep discussion with Mindark to find a good way to address ROCKtropia development issues. These particular discussions have been underway for a few months. My previous attempts to address Pipeline issues didn't work out, hopefully they will this time around.

#2. I too have noticed it seems to take awhile to load the graphics on ROCKtropia since the UI update. Not sure what that is about, I will notify MA take a look. I have been logging in in heavily built up areas. maybe this is a factor. I haven't tried logging in and out in the wilderness.

#3. Its true there are a number of graphical bugs , a bunch of texture issues etc.. Back when I was able to to updates, we tried to address some of them but they are tricky.. So to really get to get to grips with these types of bugs , some trial and error will be involved over multiple VU's. I personally have been very active on ROCKtropia of late play testing and I haven't found the number of glitches to be insane or overly compromising of game play.
Regardless ,hopefully they can all be addressed when the Overall Rocktropia Pipeline issue is resolved

#4. The last real updates were indeed Years ago. I tried alot of things in the final Years of development to help really serve the desires of the Rocktropia Community forming a government and even hiring the Governor to help with development, sadly the governor vanished without a trace... Im not sure if it was due to Covid, Frustration or disillusionment.. I'm still confounded by what happened. In order restart development, We have to now start over and that requires getting on the same page with Mindark. I'm hoping that now that Entropia Universe is really doing well and being streamlined that this well lead to a positive re-visitation of Rocktropia.

#5. indeed there are some weird Icon issues, probably an easy fix once things are up and running again.

#6. That Poor Guys Legs have been missing for a while, its one of those peculiar texturing issues although at this point it might nice to give him a Supercharged Wheelchair or Bionic Legs to work it into the storyline.

#7 Some mission Dialogues maybe broken but not all by any means..

Here are a few fun Rocktropia Facts from the Last week:

Approximately 900 Quests were started on ROCKtropia and only 7 were abandoned and approximately 700 were completed ( some quests take more than a week to complete)

Over 500,000 Mobs were hunted on ROCKTROPIA in the Last Week.

Appx 5% of Rocktropia's Planet Revenue was paid out in wages to players completing Virtual Jobs that were designed as part of the President's job system. This system may prove to be scalable if or when the planet population grows.. ( On a personal note, I happen to enjoy the Job system enormously and test it frequently . on some days i Can complete it an hour or so and other days it can take a few hours, but I find it fun to see who is the fastest to tag the AI. For me it adds a level of gameplay, that is missing from the regular grinding.. And yes of course it can be annoying if people are Dragging Vixens to the turrets, but that is not happening all the time.

Finally I think Legend answered the Most important question raised...

I truly hope we will see some ROCKtropia progress soon and that all the planets can reflect well on the Universe as a whole and bring value to the Universe as a whole.. I personally still believe in the Potential of Entropia Universe and want to do my part to see it grow, even if that means getting out of my own way.
well i am positively surprised, i never expected a reply that detailed and especially not from the man himself, good to hear from you, and nice to meet you!

#2 -> this is from before the UI update, not an update issue. it seems to be bandwidth related and not UI related
#3 -> you are right in the sense that it does not affect gameplay, no. it just looks ...off
#4 -> no idea what any of this is. sounds good on paper but this seems soo far from what should be prioritized for RT? i dont think anyone cares for a governor or anything at this point

for the rest i am very, very happy to hear that stuff is moving, or at least trying to move in the background.

i am myself completing missions and really, really like the mission system of rocktropia compared to other planets. is there any way you would consider lowering the tax on some areas? as much as i would like to do the zombie quest chain there is no way i am doing it at 5% tax

i will keep my hopes up then :) i really like RT's vibe and really want to see it get kickin' :)

cheers!

well i am positively surprised, i never expected a reply that detailed and especially not from the man himself, good to hear from you, and nice to meet you!

#2 -> this is from before the UI update, not an update issue. it seems to be bandwidth related and not UI related
#3 -> you are right in the sense that it does not affect gameplay, no. it just looks ...off
#4 -> no idea what any of this is. sounds good on paper but this seems soo far from what should be prioritized for RT? i dont think anyone cares for a governor or anything at this point

for the rest i am very, very happy to hear that stuff is moving, or at least trying to move in the background.

i am myself completing missions and really, really like the mission system of rocktropia compared to other planets. is there any way you would consider lowering the tax on some areas? as much as i would like to do the zombie quest chain there is no way i am doing it at 5% tax

i will keep my hopes up then :) i really like RT's vibe and really want to see it get kickin' :)

cheers!
Thats great to hear that you are enjoying the missions. Tell me what days of the week do you most often play on ROCKtropia and what are your main hours of play Entropia Time?

I might conduct a little Zombie experiment

Thats great to hear that you are enjoying the missions. Tell me what days of the week do you most often play on ROCKtropia and what are your main hours of play Entropia Time?

Haha that'd be so cool! I'm usually on every day between 21:00-22:30 and 00:00-03:00 at random times depending on how the kids behave haha

looking forward to that little erm..."experiment"

*hype intensifies*

WQ5cJCG.png

done with stage 4 of the vampire wars chain! wheres that experiment at? :D

Woohoooo!!!!

So happy you followed through with it, cant wait for the event! :)

(will be my first EU event ever...chance of winning is so low as I will be doing the small zombies... but im still hyped ^^)

I've stayed away from Rocktropia ever since it become LArocktropia. It's really dumb way to destroy a planet by having so much of it in LA. I know it probably happened because of lack of funds so ya had to sell parts of it. But due to how the LA system works that it takes ontop of what MA takes it's just not smart to hunt on LA for any longer period of time unless there's really good rewards that make up for the tax.

I hope MA can show some transparency and one day change how the LA tax system works so that it won't be for example an extra 5% of your loot you lose when hunting in 5% taxed land. This would incentivize owning an LA and hunting on a LA because of more dense spawns etc. Just better for the whole playerbase imo.

If they do change it in the future, then I look forward to some codexin' on rocktropia, whenever it gets released.

Woohoooo!!!!

So happy you followed through with it, cant wait for the event! :)

(will be my first EU event ever...chance of winning is so low as I will be doing the small zombies... but im still hyped ^^)

Are there plans to start a new quest chain The Thing?
Or is there some way to get unlimited Arctic Combat Parka ?
In the Pawn shop in New Harlem you will find that the Manager is offering 150% for Warm Thing Blood which can be looted from mobs in the Non Taxed Snowy region North of Zomhattan. The tough part is that the spawn is very very minimal. So to keep busy u probably would want to drop enmatter probes to keep busy... A good Note is that most of the mobs are lvl 6 or 8 and can be hunted by an inexperienced hunter.

Its Possible you may be able to Loot Larger Quantities of Warm Thing Blood utilizing Ruxxnet Code...

I will have test this to confirm or maybe someone else can...

It's Possible if enough Warm Thing Blood is sold to the pawn shop or even the Bank on Secret Island if there is any money in there ;)
That I might be able to craft some unlimited Arctic gear that I could put up as Prizes in events. It's a Possibility, not guaranteed.. My tailoring skills are a bit rusty...

Until ROCKtropia's Pipeline is sorted this is about as as close to a new Quest Chain as we are gonna get...

Last edited:
I can't deny that I'm very excited to think about the revival of Rocktropia. It is a unique planet totally different from the others.
I sincerely hope that these conversations with MindArk bring solutions instead of obstacles.

In the Pawn shop in New Harlem you will find that the Manager is offering 150% for Warm Thing Blood which can be looted from mobs in the Non Taxed Snowy region North of Zomhattan. The tough part is that the spawn is very very minimal. So to keep busy u probably would want to drop enmatter probes to keep busy... A good Note is that most of the mobs are lvl 6 or 8 and can be hunted by an inexperienced hunter.

Its Possible you may be able to Loot Larger Quantities of Warm Thing Blood utilizing Ruxxnet Code...

I will have test this to confirm or maybe someone else can...

It's Possible if enough Warm Thing Blood is sold to the pawn shop or even the Bank on Secret Island if there is any money in there ;)
That I might be able to craft some unlimited Arctic gear that I could put up as Prizes in events. It's a Possibility, not guaranteed.. My tailoring skills are a bit rusty...

Until ROCKtropia's Pipeline is sorted this is about as as close to a new Quest Chain as we are gonna get...
This sounds so vague and mysterious to me, as if I received a grimoire-quest from Nostradamus or the Salem witch.
But this seems like a revolution in MMORPGs, players can receive the quest through the forum from an official. This is even more revolutionary than if an NPC with artificial intelligence generated personal quests for players.

This sounds so vague and mysterious to me, as if I received a grimoire quest from Nostradamus or the Salem witch.
But this seems like a revolution in MMORPGs, players can receive the quest through the forum from an official. This is even more revolutionary than if an NPC with artificial intelligence generated personal quests for players.
right!?!?

how cool is this :cool:

Back