Question: Why isn't Calypso being developed?

So basically, if we are paying into calypso we are supporting the development of planet MJ. Excuse me, I need to go to the store to buy some pepto-bismol.

...to buy some pepto-bismol.

Hoorayy for :

untitled-1.jpg

Gamble ahoi !​

p.s.
Someone already fix the forum images-preview-bug please !

Last edited:
Hillarious...pop goes Calypso...

Bah, Im out of here.

Maybe you`ll like it there. Look at the bright side. You can make even funnier videos planet MJ related. It offers better opportunity in that respect. ;)

Maybe you`ll like it there. Look at the bright side. You can make even funnier videos planet MJ related. It offers better opportunity in that respect. ;)

o_O I never came to Calypso to create MJ videos...never...Im sure......

Smoerble: I think you are seriously underestimating the resources and time it takes to create content to a game.

I am not meaning to sound defensive on this...

Creating content is one thing. But ignoring the development of content that is already (partly) there is what MA/FPC has done over the last 7 years !

Take the Robot Factory on TI for example.
The Thorio Temple.
The bars and its beverages !
The I could go on and on and on !

I know it is easy to say "Bars and beverages are not yet on our roadmap"...but man, it is getting repetitive in here.

There is no life on Calypso right now. Most towns are empty (people), or arent even a town yet (service center and a teleporter isnt what I call a town)

Choosing CE2 is one thing, but to work with it is another one. I misss many aspects regarding graphic quality in here. Sure, the water looks nice, but in its current state, Entropia could have looked the same with the "new" gambryo engine as well.

To me it seems MA only wanted to be the 1st "using" CE2. Nothing else. Was it worth the effort ? Worth the PR ? Worth the announcements ?

Last edited:
Its just the usual marketing BS.
The same way that half the new FPS titles have "highly advanced" AI and some new "revolutionary" mechanics.

compared to EU they do. All EU mobs do are wander about doing nothing or run in a straight line to or away from someone.

What about publishing a SDK kit, where we can help the design improvement of mobs.
Tbh. most of the "renewed" mobs does neither look like it should be cry2 approved. (both texture and poly. count)

YES LETS DO THIS!

FPC has 14 people ...

FPC has I'm sure at least 400 graphically skilled players (this number is just a pseudo random number that first came to my mind seeded by the amount of cereal i just ate)

10-20% of these people should be able to do 3D modeling

All FPC has to do is give them the possibility to contribute model/texture/animate
Reward with item or location naming maybe some branded items (CD gloves = Content Developer some clothes etc ) or simply PED .. you pay your devs in Sweden salaries prolly smth close to ... 4-5000$ per month ... have the dedicated players do some work for you and reward them with 1/10th of that lol ... for the same effort .. who wouldn't want to design a new building structure gun item clothe hairstyle tree rock texture whatever .. for their favorite MMO to have the satisfaction of seeing the item in game .. being able to say HEY i made that.. and also getting paid a little in the process

Pay them ?? Are you crazy ??
Well FPC would want to obtain copyrights and such + they get work done 10 times cheaper than paying a full time employee foe the same thing .. and you instantly get tons of HELP in creating content

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO:
- prepare the concept of what you want made
- give some guidelines as to architecture styles etc..
- give some comments in early "Concept" stages so peoples work doesn't go to waste
- wait for work being generated
- choose the items you like for your world
- pay a little cash and drop the item into the game

WOOT! EPIC!
Use the potential of your player base...
i know i would love to help you guys out in my spare time ..
just to see that grass texture i made in game or such

YES LETS DO THIS!
Yes, that would be excellent if SDS could set up something like that. Just so long as they let the artists use the images they create in a personal portfolio, online portfolio, or blog, or whatever, I suspect they'd get lots of help. The create a creature competition was a good idea, but there's so much more they could do than that.

If nothing else, hopefully the pre vu 9 models of the cities were saved somewhere so that they can bring back the look and feel of the planet that used to be there. It'll never be the same since buildings and other estates everywhere were all re-arranged, but at least a little bit of development would be go a long ways, especially since so much of what used to be Calypso Inetellectual Property is now considered 'shared' Mindark Property that any planet partner can rip in to and start using.

pre-vu 10 map
300px-OmegatonBP.png

Still irritates me that the booths in Delta were moved from between where they used to be, on the wing nearest the tp to over on the wing furthest from the tp, especially since there's only one wing in the building where there are booths.... and where the heck is that huge 'build your future here' sign that could be seen from all the buildings since it was quite a few stories tall?

Last edited:
Back