Why Mindark going bankrupt would be great for EU ...

So why are the ubers selling off all their gear in the selling threads? Why does the auction house look like a drool fest of uber items at uber prices which no one is buying? Oh I forgot its the summer excuse. Maybe MA could do its self a huge favour and communicate with the player base. Players not depositing and selling off assets is not a good thing for the game. The activity level of my soc is near zero at the moment.

VU15 had better be fucking amazing!

It is because this game cost alot to play and you loose peds faster and faster for each year. This game should have a monthly cost to play that goes directly to lootpool so ppl can have higher returns. Also would get rid of all never depo freeloaders.

Dear fellow Entropians,

after having been part of this community for over 7 years now and running a company myself irl I was wondering the other night how great it would be, if MA was to go bankrupt.

Fact:
This game has been, is and will likely be quite unique amongst all other mmorpg's

Having something unique that people actually want is something any business would dream off. Yet MA's annual reports have been catastrophic for the past 3x years running... and that is not because people have stopped depositing, it is because of the cataclysmic way MA runs their company. I will quickly bullet point what I meant by that

- Next to communication with their clients (us)
- Next to no information about updates, game development etc.
- Lies, lies and more lies regarding many aspects of the game (taming)
- No idea how to run a business (which company in Sweden would buy a castle in Germany?)

... this list could be carried on for pages. Those players who have been with us for some time will happily list hundreds of other aspects in which MA has failed utterly.

So you might think, hell no one is perfect and I agree with you, but MA's idea of running this show is so far from perfect as humans are to settle mars (although on that point I am open for discussion, hehe). In fact, MA has managed this game so badly that they had to sell 60.000 CLD's for 1k ped giving out 20-30% roi on them. No what functioning company would raise money for ~25% when my business could borrow money for under 3% atm (sure, I sit in Germany they in Sweden, but interest rates are not that different)? I can tell you who would do something ... Someone who is desperate and that is exactly what MA is imo.

Sooo .... What would happen if MA does indeed goes bankrupt?

From my point of view there is a lot of cash in this world just waiting to be venture capital and I cannot see this game dying any time in the future as it has over 10 years of tradition, as it actually runs smoothly and, lets face it, as it isn't a bad concept to start off with.

So from my point of view we would have an investor (or a group) stepping up the table and taking over and unless that is a blind three-legged donkey they cannot do worse imo. The longer I think about, the less likely it is in my eyes that MA will survive (unless they start thinking like a business and act like a business).

Feel free to discuss

Angel

Why didn't you borrow 6 million dollars @ 3% and get back 25% u mad

It is because this game cost alot to play and you loose peds faster and faster for each year. This game should have a monthly cost to play that goes directly to lootpool so ppl can have higher returns. Also would get rid of all never depo freeloaders.

What would be FUN, is to have all hunters, miners and crafters go on strike and watch the CLD's drop to an all time low. :)

MA is just trying to make the players cycle their own peds. If everyone just waits for the returns of the CLD to come in, then there won't be any income left.

So what i suggest is to invest 10k $ in CLD's and just live of the weekly returns.

Why didn't you borrow 6 million dollars @ 3% and get back 25% u mad

This one is easy to answer ...

I simply do not know whether I would get 6 million dollars (plus 25% roi) back.

If MA's annual accounts over the past few years had been better and if MA was better at the points I raised in my opening post, I can assure you that my investment here would probably be around a quarter of a million Euro's by now, and no I am not bullshitting, I like doing business and I enjoy yielding high returns ... and I have the cash to do so.

What I don't like is losing money when investing so I have taken the only logical step imo and reduced my investments here to zero and am simply enjoying MA as a game these days, rather then a lucrative investment opportunity.

Angel

Reactions: sbi
What would be FUN, is to have all hunters, miners and crafters go on strike and watch the CLD's drop to an all time low. :)

MA is just trying to make the players cycle their own peds. If everyone just waits for the returns of the CLD to come in, then there won't be any income left.

So what i suggest is to invest 10k $ in CLD's and just live of the weekly returns.

I have thougt about it. Taking a big loan from the bank and buy cld for it all.

I have thougt about it. Taking a big loan from the bank and buy cld for it all.

okay; hold that frigging thought. Investing with money you don't need to live is one thing. Getting a frigging loan for an investment that can go soar is suicide.
Please, for humanity sake; think; plz go talk to the most succesfull business person you know; go to your banker and talk and please learn.
Last thing we need is another fool who loses his house over an investment that went wrong.

First rule of all speculation and investing is: only invest what you can afford to lose.

so please; get your mind straight.

Shoulda been abit quicker on investing on CLD's. From my understanding MA released CLDs for 900 peds. Then one person bought i guess over 50 % of it and MA had to buy it back for 1200 peds.

Now THIS is a good investment :)

Shoulda been abit quicker on investing on CLD's. From my understanding MA released CLDs for 900 peds. Then one person bought i guess over 50 % of it and MA had to buy it back for 1200 peds.

Now THIS is a good investment :)

Not 900 peds the cld started at 1000 ped.
Then someone bought 50% of all clds
Sometime later MA bought like a 1000 clds back from the guy for 1150 ped
This to sell the clds for to the crowd for the 1150 ped they bought it back so settlers of caly that did not have the chance of buying one would now get the chance to still get one or two.
They also put a few in special loot during events and such.

So MA was not forced to buy them back but they did that willingly and for the community of calypso.
And yes it was a good investment i had 72 of them and sold all a month ago.
And now i got what i wanted to have when i started .. hanger spaceships i went from eve to here and i will never go back to eve again.
I like this game so much more, and its the only game that keeps me interested.
Best regards. Qs

Last edited:
And those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable, according to JFK.

Forum posters do more harm to the retention of new players - and by extension, to the community itself - than any MA snafu ever would. :cool:

Finally someone who can see past the bounds of themselves and what is put just in front of them.

Kudos to you Arkhainn :)

Well said

I agree with a lot that is said here and some I do not. I tried to wade through all the post but I just scanned quite a few as they seemed to say about the same thing. If what I am about to say has been said I apologize.
Just a couple of things I think they could od better:

React a little fast to a problem. I loved the cave mission but some fool changed the name on the pile and broke the whole thing. As I recall it was several months before it was fixed. Then they changed the number of tokens from 5 to 3, okay that was a business decision and I still do the mission but just once in a while, no big deal.

The biggest thing I don't like is the lack of information. What would it hurt to tell us what type and how much damage a mob does ? What the decay is on a new weapon actually. What loot a mob gives (I not sure what that would have a negative affect and maybe not a good idea so that is a wish). There just seems to be a lot of things they could share that would not hurt the game. I know we have EP but that is dependent on players and sometimes they forget and I have also noticed that I can not update the loot on a mob in EP right now. I may just not know how to do it anymore but I have updated mobs before.

I really think that sharing info would help the game, ofc as long as it doesn't give unfair advantage against MA.
Peace.

Back