Question: Will this run on High?

Wed

Elite
Society
GΌĐş Ό₣ ŴαЯ™
Wedlylaw Wed Beetherbell
Hey how well will this computer run EU on high? what kind of FPS can i expect to get while say hunting?

Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR3
HDD: 750GB S-ATA (7200rpm)
Gfx: ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB

Cheers! :)

I would assume better then my old lappy that had a core 2 duo proc, 2 gig ddr2 and an ati x1600 vid card.

I ran most settings on high with that so one would assume a proc mem and vid upgrade would allow for even better performance. all that was before Ma tweeked the game to have even better performance then when first released VU 10.

Reactions: Wed
I would assume better then my old lappy that had a core 2 duo proc, 2 gig ddr2 and an ati x1600 vid card.

I ran most settings on high with that so one would assume a proc mem and vid upgrade would allow for even better performance. all that was before Ma tweeked the game to have even better performance then when first released VU 10.

That sounds very promesing :) tyvm

It will run very good, but don't expect to make sparks in high setting. Ur GFX is a bit weak to run it without some lag.

It will run very good, but don't expect to make sparks in high setting. Ur GFX is a bit weak to run it without some lag.

Well im used to play with 12-15 FPS, 17-20 if im in a good area. So guess it cant be worse then that? :laugh:

The comp I'm considering has GeForce 310, how does that one handle EU?

This video card is not so powerful.Read this review
If you find it too big just go to the page with the Crysis benchmark...
"The results here are pretty consistent with 3DMark Vantage, in that the HD5450 is stuck in a range close to, but below the teens. For most users, the performance of the HD5450 in this challenging scenario is going to be frustrating, ultimately unacceptable, and bordering on painful. Comparing the HD5450 directly against its higher priced siblings shows that performance goes up almost exponentially. The HD5670 costs twice as much, but has almost ten times the performance in this real-world application. Anyone looking to play a little Crysis on their 1080P HTPC needs to look at either the HD5670 or perhaps the soon-to-be-released HD5570 as a minimum starting point."

I would suggest the older HD4870 or HD4890, with these babies you can run EU at high settings easily.
I don't think you can find them new anymore though.If you don't have problem buying a used one, I'm sure you could find a good deal on ebay.

Last edited:
I endorse Gus's post. If I were u, I would buy an HD5850 or something similar, to be at ease during some times.

Here is my actual comp. and its what I consider as a medium gear. I can run EU better if I go I7 (now maybe sandybridge), SSD and Higher gfx (I wait the new Nvidia batch cause actual one is just plain crap).

The comp I'm considering has GeForce 310, how does that one handle EU?

Mine has the gt 320, was veeeeery cheep computer (shopped a few months back, some packard bell prefab) - no additional superfeatures on the machine and it runs twin peaks 10-15 fps on everything max (yes, everything). With more reasonable (and to me better looking, some of the light effects are yucky) settings, it's seamlessly smooth.

I suspect it will work fine given I just bought a a X6 10909T 12 core black edition consequently trolled back on specs .
Its Ghz at 2.9 appear adequate but its what you add as VGA and what your motherboard and Ram to make it capable.
5 series ATI dont seem as good tho.
This will make some difference.
Cheers

Last edited:
Just to let you guys know I did a lot more research and the 310 is like the worst card there is lol. I ended up getting new comp with a Radeon 5770 which I guess could be called the upper mid range and is basically a repackaged 4870 from what I can tell. The computer seemed like a very good value at $829 from Newegg as it came with a Phenom II X4 965 processor. So according to EU's website I will be able to run the game on "very high" settings, not sure what kind of FPS I'd get but even just "high" would be perfectly acceptable.

Back