Worth coming back?

For the record, I agree with xplojd's slightly exhaggerated post.
And no I didn't believe the world was going to end in 2012. In fact, the world won't end until I die (I am the universe), so don't worry about it.

Hello fellow entropians,

Me and my brother (Vortexy) is thinking of coming back to the game we used to love very much.

Just wondering whether it is worth returning for another never ending adventure.

I notice that the forums (including planet specific) are very "quiet". Is it because the player base is very little?

It's quiet because there's war going on, and everyone is kicking some robot ass!!!!!!!!

The place is rocking get back online.

Rick

yes ... to short ...

No ... if you want good entertainment for free. Yes ... if you want to be member of the club of a very special online game. Just have a look at it as it is atm. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. Don't ask us (active players) if it's worth it.

I replace the original text with something more usefull

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
set your own goals, make your own game, don't bite the carrot, then it's worth coming back.

Reactions: il
This is so much conspiracy theory tin foil hat wearing Ancient Aliens watching Mayan Calendar 2012 counting bullshit I dont even know where to begin. :wise:

They'd have just made another one, the world doesn't end when we get to December 31st we just buy another calendar.

Going off tangent a little but I believe there comes a point fairly early on for all players (regardless of how an individual plays the game) that you become an Entropian for life. If you sell up and close your account you've still have that special taste of Entropia that you'll never forget.

OK, so I'm being a bit sentimental but it's true. When do you actually 'leave' the game in order to come back?

I represent one of the oldest societies in Entropia and even though most of our society have sadly hung up their gloves and don't participate anymore (or maybe just not to the same degree), they're still Entropians. I stopped playing in 2008 and 'came back' last year after a 4 year absence. I plan on uninstalling the game again after an event I'm taking part in tonight and hope to stay away for a couple of months again - or even longer, who knows. While I'm 'offline' I have a bunch of videos I've managed to save reminding me why I ever played this damn thing.

Don't consider it coming back, just consider it logging back in to check out what's been happening since you last logged out. Entropia makes me pull my hair out but I still find new things to do that don't.

Reactions: Mac
like i said..... you can be intelligent or you can just have fun.....
this is purly a game for the expression of understanding and maturity

you can own the game or the game will own you ..

that's what I love best... every choice i make is a challenge to understand and knowing risk involved to make sure it works out..
you can have people that struggle but they just don't understand how big this game is..... and play on such a small layer.. it always breaks down to the choices we make in life...... either good for us or not.....
just make sure and this goes to everyone to lose to win!
can't win untill you expreience losing :D
and when you win it's even better.
I have a great story of success i see and hope others can express that same success ...... or they can drown them selves in there own choices :D

I have been away for a very long time myself and I finally see time freeing up again.

I too am considering coming back.

Maybe will play for a few days to decide if I like what I see.

Everyone finds the game different, so in the end it's up to the individual I think.

I'd say it's worth it. If I were coming back fresh, I'd deposit as much as I could afford to buy land deeds, then play low key using the income from the LDs. If you have to start by sweat hunting and waiting for dividends then do that, and just upgrade as your finances afford. Every time you can buy a new land deed, buy another one, and just keep working your way up the ladder. Before you know it you'll be looking back and shocked at how much progress you've made.

set your own goals, make your own game, don't bite the carrot, then it's worth coming back.

That's the Key, looking for Developers!

Hello fellow entropians,

Me and my brother (Vortexy) is thinking of coming back to the game we used to love very much.

Just wondering whether it is worth returning for another never ending adventure.

I notice that the forums (including planet specific) are very "quiet". Is it because the player base is very little?

I am not sure whether this question can be answered. To anyone asking whether it would be worth returning, I'd say yes, but the question "whether it is worth returning for another never ending adventure" has a logical inconsistency which my brain just cannot deal with

:lolup:

You and your brother are thinking of coming back to a game that you used to love very much? I guess the question is what ended your love for the game last time?

Apparently, as Wollongong pointed out, your second statement seems to indicate you never left, but wish to start again.... Are you Dr. Who? Clearly some kind of time travel must be involved here....

Yes, the forums do seem quiet....I also see more new names in game... The number of people globaling in hunting is way up, but that is because the amount required to get a global in hunting has been reduced... The number of people globaling in mining is way down, but they made it a lot harder to get a mining global... The number of people globaling in crafting is off about 10% from what it was a few months ago, but I have no explaination for that besides it seems some of the Big money players have become more investors and less players in recent months despite the fact you can craft on your smart phone now....

I've been around for 2.5 years with a 6 month break in there somewhere..... Most other games I lose interest in a matter of minutes, so the constant subliminal messages seem too be working on me. So, Log in and take in the subliminal messages and soon you too can be zombified by EU..... mmmmm brains....

I was wondering the same - good to see the responses.

wtf is "loosing??"

Peds that are not fastened or fixed down, in a state where by MA can just pick up the loose Peds and blame you for not understanding the term dynamic. :eyecrazy:

..."3. To cast loose; detach: hikers loosing their packs at camp."... or EU applicable version "gamers loosing their packets of ped camping mob"... :ahh:

Sorry couldn't help it... " nothing to see here...move along"... back over to the topic, promise not to invade again.

Back