Question: Would you like to have "incentives" for your deposits?

Would you like "that little extra" for your deposits?

• Yes, the suggestions made by the OP is good, go marketing department!

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Yes, but I would rather have in-game stuff.

Votes: 68 45.9%
  • Yes, but in another way than the ones mentioned (please describe your idea)!

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • No, depositors already get extra gifts at holidays, free gold card etc. etc.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • No, that would be unfair to the non-depositing part of the community. If they get it, so should I!

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • No, everyone should be happy with what they get, and after all, nobody is forcing anyone to deposit.

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • Couldn´t care less, I am perfectly happy as it is now.

Votes: 16 10.8%

• Total voters

eggkranium

Dominant
Nestor
It seems like it is an ongoing discussion whether or not MA is getting their profit from decay or deposits, that deposits lead to decay, decay leads to deposit etc. etc.

In this thread I chose to treat the subject in the way I would like it to be IF deposits are truly the source of income to MA, depositors should be rewarded, like shareholders in a listed company.​

I tried to think of something that would "prove" that deposits actually is the source of income, and hence I came up with some questions:
  1. If non-depositors are an equal source of income to MA, why does depositors get "free" gold-card and extra gifts at holidays, and non-depositors dont?
  2. Would this tiny piece of thought support the thought that MA actually does get profit from deposits?
?

What if?

If, I mean IF, this was a known fact, that deposits generates the large portion of MA:s income, would the following be something that you as a depositor would like?

I´m quoting myself from another thread, where it was a heated debate about this subject, please read and tell me if this is something that could/should/would be implemented.

The basic idea is that you get a commercial novelty item for all landmark deposits, I.E 5k, 10k, 25k, 50k, 100k, 500k, 1m, 2,5m, 5m and so on.

(All items would be real life items sent to gold card holder adress)

• [*]5k Gold Card Security System
    [*]10k Calypsian Birth Certificate with avi name, creation date etc.
    [*]25k Tiny atrox statue
    [*]50k Coffee Mug with PC* logo
    [*]100k Towel with PC logo
    [*]500k Mousepad with PC CE2 teaser image motif
    [*]1m Aluminum credit card case/holder with PC logo
    [*]2,5m 8gb Flash memory with PC logo
    [*]5m A date with Marco ;) You get the picture...

Below I´m trying to write why/how this actually could/should/would work.
It is a pat on the back for the people depositing loads of cash to a company that is not even willing to tell you what you are buying (Efficiency on mining amps etc. etc.), and it´s a perfect marketing scheme for MindArk (which has a marketing department consisting of 2 dead people)

MA would not lose anything by giving me a coffee mug or a towel with their logo on it, that is called "smart marketing", I mean, if I deposit 50k I would have payed for that flippin mug over and over and MA "awards" me a 1$ mug to advertise their company.

Does this sound like a good idea?​

I´d rather just have the depositors answer this, because the typical non-depositor would only come up with various formulations for the same answer.
But this is a (free?) forum, if you feel like answering regardless of your point of view you are of course welcome to do so! ;) (thanks Nestor!)

yes, i would ;) Would be cool if u could get them little mob statues after a certain amount deposited :laugh:

[*]5m A date with Marco ;) You get the picture..

Funny thing, but I am not like dying to date with Marco, and I bet 95% of EU population and 50% of world population is in the same position.

:D

could I pick another statue?
I dont like trox ad they dont like me so I dont want a statue of one to remind me of our unsuccessful "relationship" in my rl livingroom :)

could I pick another statue?
I dont like trox ad they dont like me so I dont want a statue of one to remind me of our unsuccessful "relationship" in my rl livingroom :)

Thanks to the stellar efforts of my esteemed soc leader, and other friends, I am the proud owner of all three of the expo figurines. I absolutely LOVE the trox - at least there is one trox I totally OWN ;)

Amazing feedback so far!

I´m impressed...

I don't want to be rude, but if anyone think that MA incomes does not come from deposits then he/she have serious problems on the upper part of his body.

In some thread someone said:

Only depositors can lose in this game;

I think that sentence summarize all, sure all people are important for game, depositors or not, depositors can run this game without non-depositors, other way around is not possible.

I think MA should do something about this, is not a easy solution, just checking deposits won't work, but I think some ways to make depositors, people that pay for their play, more happy should exist.

More chances to get items in loot, or something along would definitely make people more happy about their spent money.

I don't care how smart you(non-depositor) "play" me(depositor) to get my money.
I don't care you(non-depositor)spend 10hours doing same thing that I(depositor) can do in 1hour and I don't want that just because I do it 10times faster I should pay more for it.
Keep in mind EU is not a job, just because you spend 12hours a day here doesn't mean you should get some reward for it.

Reactions: Wed
A little love from MA

A little reward for supplementing the real cash economy would be nice. Candy cane and Elf shoes were nice but quite useless, a EWE EP-40 Modifed Mercenary or some uber armour parts would be better ;)
It would take some of the pain away when there is no return on hunts and there is some PED deposited.
Hey people may put more in if there were benefits.
Bjorn

Remember that the words of the C.E.O of this company said that "We get our money from decay".

Much like some governments say "terrorists is behind all this".

Maybe the revenue is from decay, but decay would be non-existant without depositors..

Btw, i voted that the OP was right :D

maybe....

I think the proposal of OP is not interesting.. but....

maybe at first 3k USD .. some item uber to tt price
maybe at first 5k USD .. other item uber to tt price
maybe at first 8k USD .. other item uber to tt price
... etc.

with these, avatars of medium level can growing and spending more in the game.... :wtg:

The effort required to make it without depositing is incredible, and it has my great respect.

BUT beeing this a business, that costs money to maintain, someone need to put money in, so yes, definately "depositers" need to be cared for...

Even so, more then "special rewards" for depositers, I think there are some things wich are more important:

• the avarege player needs to be SURE he can play with a regular acceptable deposit. Right now if you hit a "unlucky stream" you get drained so fast you cant even see it coming, unless you have the cash to pull you through the worst times. For an avarage player, that can mean he can only play 1 or 2 week per month - its that or sweat which no matter what some say, it HORRIBLY boring to me.
  • there needs to be more content, or tools that allow players to script content (the promissed quest system)
  • (...)

Basicly there has to be content that makes you want to pay to play, other then wanting to hit a HOF, or buying some equip (even if equipment may lead to ocational extra deposits - its anyones choice)

As a depositer myself, and considering i play the game smart enough (imo), those kind of rewards would not make me change anything or keep me in the game longer, but content and a minimum of stability in game cost, would definately do it.

The player driven economy is, in all honesty, both the best thing in EU and the worst... I cant express myself as I want.

I think the proposal of OP is not interesting.. but....

maybe at first 3k USD .. some item uber to tt price
maybe at first 5k USD .. other item uber to tt price
maybe at first 8k USD .. other item uber to tt price
... etc.

with these, avatars of medium level can growing and spending more in the game.... :wtg:

This sounds like the bonus system on Walmart :D but it would be good since some of us deposit regularly.

Yea I would like to have stuff sent to me for depo's made.

It seems like it is an ongoing discussion whether or not MA is getting their profit from decay or deposits
I'm not sure what you mean by that. MA's only source of income is deposits so clearly MA's profits come from the deposits. Of course it would be nice to get something from MA every time I deposit but it would have to come out of the deposit itself so it would reduce the "loot" by an amount equal to its tt value. The only way to do this is by having zero tt items which are given out as presents a few times a year anyway.

* 5m A date with Marco You get the picture...

Well, I'm sure Marco is a very nice man, but if I deposit 5m, I will expect a date with a lovely blonde Swedish lady :laugh:

Sorry, Marco, but you are not my type :kiss:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. MA's only source of income is deposits so clearly MA's profits come from the deposits. Of course it would be nice to get something from MA every time I deposit but it would have to come out of the deposit itself so it would reduce the "loot" by an amount equal to its tt value. The only way to do this is by having zero tt items which are given out as presents a few times a year anyway.

I only mean that there is an ongoing debate about it. This is one argument that is displayed in this thread (the thread that lead me to post this one):

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...e-reward-depositors-penalize-leechers-24.html

[/LIST]Mindark only profits from the game mechanisms such as decay, auction fees, LA sales, etc. The deposits are income, but have a contingent liability equal to the in-game ped value. MA does not count the deposits as earnings or profit. Only the portion obtained through game activity is considered in that category.

Clearly, they cannot profit without deposits, but that does not imply that deposits comprise their profit stream.

I would like to hear arguments about that comment...

Conclusion seems to be that decay, LA sales, auc fees etc is the income that goes into the books, and the deposits are held by MA until you decide to withdraw. So the money that is deposited is probably invested or otherwise strategically placed in a big growbox, so both sides seem to have their points..

poker websites will do deposit bonuses of anywhere from 25%-100% of your deposit up to a certain limit that can be unlocked, usually a one time deal and then occassional 'Reload bonuses'

It could be done by binding to an item, interchangable of course(but you can't give the item to someone else to obtain the bonus and have them give it back to you) And after you use it a certain amount of times you get the bonus.

Other than that. Novelty items, or maybe ammo,mines/probes and such could be randomly given. Like if you deposit 1k in a month, then you get to spin a wheel that has random amounts of an item. Or something else involving freerolls, maybe depositing could randomly boost your skills or attributes after you 'unlock' it by using x amount of ammo, or x amount of mines, ect. After you achieve that, you get a small boost to one of your skills/attributes.

The firtstime i deposit money in the game i got 1 gun and some bullets. I think it would be great idee to get bullets when we deposit. Would be great to, to get something cheap that hase a high markup.:)

Well it would be nice marketing, especially if the depositors get rar/uber items ingame, you may only get by depositing a specific amound of PED over time.

I don´t want to talk about MAs profit.
Search the forums and you will find very old threads about that, where it is very well explained how the system works. Its real easy!

Fact:
MA can´t survive without depositors.
Non-Depositors can´t survive without depositors on the long run.

Consider all your deposits as a payment for fun! Never deposit more than you are willing to lose. Basic rule!

:scratch2:
Depositers already get more then non-depositers.
Was quite happy when I got that gold card for free and it is also nice to get an extra item more for x-mas :D
Something like an appartement for free for the first 50k you deposited would be nice, but besides that if you can afford to deposit regularly you can afford sooner or later most stuff anyway.

The only i care when i deposit is the price of euro. I always want it to keep high, specially to skyrocket :D

I thought it was anyone with a certain amount (I think 1000ped) on their ped card that automatically got a gold card? :scratch2:

But seriously, if people need an incentive to deposit then MA / FPC are doing something wrong. If players are managing to play for free then I'm fine with it but the best incentive for people to deposit would be if they felt paying to play in EU was worth the cost.

Didn't think depositing got you the gifts - I thought things like owning an apartment got you the gifts - I'm sure there's a thread on EF somewhere ...

Didn't think depositing got you the gifts - I thought things like owning an apartment got you the gifts - I'm sure there's a thread on EF somewhere ...

1 is for depositing, 1 for owning a LA (apartment / shop / LA / CND / CP) and 1 everyone gets as you created an account.

I think Marco confirmed it when there were issues with the Christmas gifts this year where some didn't get the one for LA ownership.

No... there are already enough incentives and it is ultimately counter productive to the intergrity of the company and the game by producing a climate where people believe that depositing is the only criteria and guarantee to gettign good loots. This has already at the heart of many conspiracy theories about loot distribution. If anything all external rewards and incentives should be directed to getting and retaining new players with a boost for playing for two... three... 4 months max... beyond that your on your own.

Even that is counter productive... better to focus on providing many more opportunites to invest... and game play that the makes people naturally want to continue and invest in their avatar.

So stick with the candy canes and snowmen.

No... there are already enough incentives and it is ultimately counter productive to the intergrity of the company and the game by producing a climate where people believe that depositing is the only criteria and guarantee to gettign good loots. This has already at the heart of many conspiracy theories about loot distribution. If anything all external rewards and incentives should be directed to getting and retaining new players with a boost for playing for two... three... 4 months max... beyond that your on your own.

Even that is counter productive... better to focus on providing many more opportunites to invest... and game play that the makes people naturally want to continue and invest in their avatar.

So stick with the candy canes and snowmen.

If you always say you're not a depositor, what are you here commenting about that?

If you always say you're not a depositor, what are you here commenting about that?

:duh:
The poll asked me?

and

I'm commited to stopping these scams to raid our loot pool
to pay for gambling losses and bad play or
to massage the overblown egos of children
with a wildly overblown sense of entitlment and respect.

Plus
I'm on a mission from God

But to be positve as you seem to have a desire to avoid the truth

I have an idea
:eureka:
If this is such good for business sense
and a sure fire winner
to keep high end depositiors in game
:eureka:

Why not put a
"Let's Keep Business Booming Tax"
on all those who stand to profit the most...
landowners... shop keepers and high end high volume crafters.

:scratch2:
Now! that would be fair!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

and if you want a more detailed explanation of why I think these gimmicks and give aways are bad for EU.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ositors-penalize-leechers-25.html#post2253196

PS: If you want to have a private discussion don't do it public I suggest you form the I'm a depositor and I want a freebie group on the forum.

Last edited:
:duh:
The poll asked me?

and

I'm commited to stopping these scams to raid our loot pool
to pay for gambling losses and bad play or
to massage the overblown egos of children
with a wildly overblown sense of entitlment and respect.

Plus
I'm on a mission from God

But to be positve as you seem to have a desire to avoid the truth

PS: If you want to have a private discussion don't do it public I suggest you form the I'm a depositor and I want a freebie group on the forum.

The pool do not asked you.. lol :D... Maybe you need play the game only 1 hour per day at least (I think you are hearing rares voices because you only are writing in this kind of thread.. and you are not playing the game man.. this is dangerous for your health).

I would like to see you in the game really. I would like to know how are you an inteligent player man.. really.. I only read many many post from you.. but i can not see your results... Maybe you can demonstrate to others players all that you wrote here but in practice. Why not man?

Good Look

The pool do not asked you.. lol :D... Maybe you need play the game only 1 hour per day at least (I think you are hearing rares voices because you only are writing in this kind of thread.. and you are not playing the game man.. this is dangerous for your health).

I would like to see you in the game really. I would like to know how are you an inteligent player man.. really.. I only read many many post from you.. but i can not see your results... Maybe you can demonstrate to others players all that you wrote here but in practice. Why not man?

Good Look

Wrong as always the last 4 questions on the poll open up the question for debate.

As for how I play and the results I have aleady posted them many times and of course there are those who post them for me. It is not my personal made up style of play it what many successful oldtimer both here aon the forum and in game have told are the keys to sucess and hapiness in EU... and one of them is having a good clear grasp of what this actually about and even Marco agrees wiht me on that.

So (little) Mán

I think it despite how many hours you putin or how much you deposit or how many global and hof you have that it you who are not playing this game.

Back