Would you vote for me?

Who would you vote for to be President of Virtual Reality?

• Total voters
I would vote for you. You cried a little bit lately, but I still like the way you express yourself.

Also you didnt have 2 month extra to prepare like Neverdie. That is completely unfair.

I dislike Neverdie for many reasons. He used to be good for the game... USED TO :)

Last edited:
I do not vote in an election which I do not recognize. Still waiting for my own parliamentary voting rights to come in force. I do not acknowledge any president in our fine colonies.

You must see some financial gain in this for yourself. Star doesnt do anything that doesnt benefit Star.

Have none of you people realised this yet?

What a retarded event. Paying for insulting people and destructive behavior is worse than what they are complaining about on pcf.

I totally agree...

...but to answer OP´s question, I will #VoteNeverdie, afterall it takes balls to mortgage your house to do a virtual investment...so...

cruise.gif

You must see some financial gain in this for yourself. Star doesnt do anything that doesnt benefit Star.

Have none of you people realised this yet?

The gain for me would be this game still existing and getting more people. Yes, I love this game. Yes, I love money. The person who didn't join this game due to Real Cash Economy would be at least somewhat lying wouldn't they? That's the draw here, the graphics sucked when I started, it was often buggy and I could tell many horror stories.

I don't see a whole lot of gain in giving 10k PED to run and then be in charge of promoting EU. That sounds a lot like PAYING TO DO WORK. Sure, you get travel expenses covered for conferences, that's a neat bonus. I am pretty sure you could afford to buy your travel if you worked on anything else for 1/2 the time.

I totally agree...

...but to answer OP´s question, I will #VoteNeverdie, afterall it takes balls to mortgage your house to do a virtual investment...so...

I actually PM'd NEVERDIE the day before he bought CND. I talking to him and Rei about investing in CND (my idea). I was trying to get 3 other players to do 1/4 each with me. I never knew you could just call MA and wire them to money to buy it. I assumed you needed 1 million peds ingame to buy it. The next day it was gone; I would hope that my discussion didn't cause him to see it as a good investment. I don't believe it was that; I do believe it worried him into thinking I may buy it before he could. I suppose it could have already all been arrange prior to the auction too (having seen how this election transpired). I'd like to believe NEVERDIE is above that. I do believe he is.

The thing I'm trying to emphasize - he wasn't the only one with the balls. He simply knew a shortcut to achieve the purchase. If an item was in the ingame auction, I didn't suppose you could get PED in 1 day with wire back then. I guess I should have realized that's how fast it gets done for that much money. I was young and foolish then I guess. :)

The gain for me would be this game still existing and getting more people.
You seem to believe u could advertise EU better than ND. Hmm, OK. Having a high self-confidence is prolly a bonus in this business. Somehow, I can't see how could u possibly pull this off.

ND has already established himself as kind of "virtual world celebrity".
You, however, will be starting off as a total nobody. To make things even worse u have to wear this ridiculously overblown title that will make u look like a clown...

I can see 2 possible explanations here. Could be u just don't care how it goes. If u fail miserably u say whatever, at least I still got the title. Or maybe u actually have some super clever plan how to beat all the odds that are currently stacked against you?

U do realize that if u fail outside EU your actually doing this game a great disservice, right? I can imagine how "happy" will MA be if u manage to blow all their great plans for the advertisement. Means, u would have a wonderful time all these 4 years after that fiasco dealing with em. :tongue2:

So, I'm curious, could u tell us what's the master plan? ;)

Welcome to politics.

I'm out campaigning again in May for the local elections. I will have at least 10 people charge out their house at me calling me c**, racist, and god knows what else.

That's after working all day, and pounding the streets at night, and you don't even get paid if you get elected.

Anyone that puts themselves up expect tons of abuse, just read it and forget it. Don't even argue about it, if they're not going to vote for you, it's not even worth talking them around.

I'll finish with a good joke.

I remember an old saying; If you're going to be home late from the bar, don't bother phoning the misses and getting a bollocking, just wait to you get home....because you're going to get a bollocking when you get in anyway.

Oh...and don't forget, when you open the door and see her standing at the bedroom door ready to give you hell...just start singing "I'm in the mood for love".....she'll be back in bed pretending to be asleep, before you've you even had the chance to take your coat off.

Rick

The gain for me would be this game still existing and getting more people.

I don't know about the game itself still existing. I've lost a little interest in the game do to some personal issues but ... I must say Star, Michigan is a + and I am thinking Oakland County is a +++ ( just a guess ppl ) so if I decide to pull the lever it would be most likely for you.
P.S. I wish all the candidates good luck and may God bless the Virtual World because it could really use it almost as the Real World.

I remember an old saying; If you're going to be home late from the bar, don't bother phoning the misses and getting a bollocking, just wait to you get home....because you're going to get a bollocking when you get in anyway.

Oh...and don't forget, when you open the door and see her standing at the bedroom door ready to give you hell...just start singing "I'm in the mood for love".....she'll be back in bed pretending to be asleep, before you've you even had the chance to take your coat off.

Rick

Marriage > Politics.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ck-England-amp-Alex-Lexxi-Hackney-Get-married

;)

No
What do you do for this game other than spending? That's the only thing I know for you.
Neverdie fame brought me here, with so many other I already met in game,
I admire he's passion, he's devotion to this platform and the advertising he's doing all over the internet and around the globe! These attributes made me stay and invest to this world.

So, No I'm not going to vote you.

I voted for NEVERDIE already anyway

Last edited:
R
No
What do you do for this game other than spending? That's the only thing I know for you.
Neverdie fame brought me here, with so many other I already met in game,
I admire he's passion, he's devotion to this platform and the advertising he's doing all over the internet and around the globe! These attributes made me stay and invest to this world.

So, No I'm not going to vote you.

I voted for NEVERDIE already anyway

That makes no sense
Neverdies claim to fame in EU is a guiness world record.
Its his spending that got you here....

Hes not famous either ,ive never heared of him nor has anyone else i know In rl,
He is just a publicity whore.
Have you seen his add campaign
Its about 1000 pictures of himself.

What a D*CK

Do we really need someone so self absorbed ?? NO

Last edited:
I would vote for you.

I don't know the point of this and I think never die could run this game into the ground. So to stop that I'd vote for you. You seem to understand the game and want it to grow the right way. (Not just get loads of horny kids in like neverdies tactic)

Voting for never die is like voting for donald trump

I would vote for you but I already voted for candidate B :(

At the end the overall and unique voter participation is the most important. Since voting is done via Facebook, it is more than easy to manipulate the poll with fake-accounts which can be purchased through several PR- and MArketing companies (consider MArketing as a typo if you wish). The country participation would be interesting to know. Wouldn't it be funny if 69% of the voters for Neverdie come from Phillipines, Malaysia and China? :silly2:

Though, after Star answering and commenting on replies here, I somehow changed my mind a bit towards him and would rather vote for Star than for Neverdie because I consider Star the smaller evil compared to the fame-wh*re Neverdie and Star is facing the EU community directly.

I'd say go for it - if it is not too late. :silly2:

Mike

The gain for me would be this game still existing and getting more people. Yes, I love this game. Yes, I love money. The person who didn't join this game due to Real Cash Economy would be at least somewhat lying wouldn't they? That's the draw here, the graphics sucked when I started, it was often buggy and I could tell many horror stories.

I don't see a whole lot of gain in giving 10k PED to run and then be in charge of promoting EU. That sounds a lot like PAYING TO DO WORK. Sure, you get travel expenses covered for conferences, that's a neat bonus. I am pretty sure you could afford to buy your travel if you worked on anything else for 1/2 the time.

I actually PM'd NEVERDIE the day before he bought CND. I talking to him and Rei about investing in CND (my idea). I was trying to get 3 other players to do 1/4 each with me. I never knew you could just call MA and wire them to money to buy it. I assumed you needed 1 million peds ingame to buy it. The next day it was gone; I would hope that my discussion didn't cause him to see it as a good investment. I don't believe it was that; I do believe it worried him into thinking I may buy it before he could. I suppose it could have already all been arrange prior to the auction too (having seen how this election transpired). I'd like to believe NEVERDIE is above that. I do believe he is.

The thing I'm trying to emphasize - he wasn't the only one with the balls. He simply knew a shortcut to achieve the purchase. If an item was in the ingame auction, I didn't suppose you could get PED in 1 day with wire back then. I guess I should have realized that's how fast it gets done for that much money. I was young and foolish then I guess. :)

Why would they be lying? There is an endless amount of games out there that use real money. There is even a phrase evolved to describe those games 'pay to win'

People will actually throw money at a game with no no return from it. Millions of people. Supercell games dwarf Entopia when it comes to users and revenue. So star you are wrong, the overwhelming majority of normal people do not play 'Games' and decide to make this a living from themselves.

I can honestly say I never once played this game thinking could make a living from it.

That's your choice to make this your career and fair play to you, but I don't believe for one minute you have not had dollar signs rolling around in your eyes. You are a very crude businessman when it comes to EU, and I believe the whole friendly helpful uber thing is a huge facade to cover the truth behind your intentions. I have seen 1st hand people getting awful end of a deal from you, because they trusted you, and I'm pretty sure you have done, and will continue to abuse that trust that people foolish give to you because of your in game status.

You have my vote!

Why would they be lying? There is an endless amount of games out there that use real money. There is even a phrase evolved to describe those games 'pay to win'

People will actually throw money at a game with no return from it. Millions of people. Supercell games dwarf Entopia when it comes to users and revenue. So star you are wrong, the overwhelming majority of normal people do not play 'Games' and decide to make this a living from themselves.

I can honestly say I never once played this game thinking could make a living from it.

Fair enough, I'm sure some play this game just for fun. I know for a fact that most people don't have much fun sweat gathering for 5 years though. The majority are doing it to get better gear so they can one day hunt or mine something and take advantage of all that EU has to offer. I don't think I said or would ever say that all wanted to make a living from EU. I am sure it is under 0.01% who can or even want to.

I do think there is a major difference between other games when you say people throw money at them. In EU, you throw $10 and can can pretty much count on it being gone by the end of the day, week, or month. Sure some people can stretch it much further than others; the major difference is that in most other games, no matter how dedicated you are, the $10 would last the same amount of time (ie. monthly subscription or number of keys). This forces people to play it somewhat seriously, because if they don't they are sure to lose their cash almost instantly to one of MA's systems or to a player in poor trade.

That's your choice to make this your career and fair play to you, but I don't believe for one minute you have not had dollar signs rolling around in your eyes. You are a very crude businessman when it comes to EU, and I believe the whole friendly helpful uber thing is a huge facade to cover the truth behind your intentions. I have seen 1st hand people getting awful end of a deal from you, because they trusted you, and I'm pretty sure you have done, and will continue to abuse that trust that people foolish give to you because of your in game status.

Do I have $ signs in my eyes? Often times, yes. I know this has some gain for me, in this case it is not only financial. There is a gain to be had from bettering EU for all of us. If you play EU even semi-seriously, you know that PEDS are worthless outside of EU. They die as EU dies. I have many more avenues to promote EU than a lot of people realize. MANY more.

I am not exactly sure how I'm to blame for someone getting an awful deal from me? In the same exact post that you said this, "People will actually throw money at a game with no return from it". If they are throwing money at this game and doing no research, how is that my fault? You realize that none of the prices are set. What constitutes an awful deal? If someone accepts an offer and are happy with it; how is that a bad deal? Just because there friend later comes along and says it was worth more or less?

Let's not also forget, I don't always get the good end of the deal. I got a lot of bad deals along the way too. Time, money, and research went into getting knowledge. Do you think I achieved the "ingame status" you speak of without doing anything? I certainly didn't do it by only writing on the forum did I? I have played EU from the beginning. I was here when there was no way to withdraw from EU (or so it seemed at the time). I was here when you'd heave your support case into the ocean in a bottle and pray you'd hear back within 6 months about your lost primary weapon or health kit. Telling me that I don't care about anything but money is a joke that I can laugh at thoroughly. Do you think I made a lot of money when I started playing EU? Last I heard, pKing at the oil rig didn't payout particularly well. That being said, sure I like money, it enables you to do things you want to in game and in real life.

You can hate me because a few of your friends got a bad deal from me. I'm sure the friends who got a good deal from me could also come forward. Do you think there are a lot of people who come out and say "Star got a bad deal from me"? Probably not something you would hear, even though it happens often. The reason I make money is because I put the time in to have the good deals outweigh the bad. Last I heard, that isn't a crime. Some people even admire that.

#mercuryforpresident

I love how they post it now to make sure I am out. :). I still don't see the many promises about this for pre-march. I can't check their post easily atm as I am on my phone atm. I will post when home. There was definitely something that I've seen nothing about in their post that was promised in February.

(with the risk of getting some negative reputation)

TBH I don't know you... from what I saw other people saying here, you sure are one of the big names in EU, but I just didn't happen to hear about you... probably saw name once or twice before in forums, but that's it... it didn't ringed any bell... so can't say anything good or bad about you...

About Neverdie on the other hand I heard long before I even thought on playing the game and now that I played I had the chance to have a couple chats with him (about Rocktropia) and I was actually surprised that he bothered to talk with a low-level player who was not even playing on his planet. OFC he's arrogant and full of himself, everyone probably knows that, but it's not his only trait, and TBH I didn't regret casting my vote on him, if not for anything else, but at least for his notoriety outside our universe.

Personally, between you and him, I would vote with him; but I would sure loved to see more than one option - it would even gave more legitimacy to the winner, so if by all means you're serious about that, then please go on and actually run for election - nomatter if you win or lose you will do good to the game you (claim you) love and care about (by having a more legit winner) and you would show that you actually have the ballz to put your money where your mouth is... without that, it just looks like you're making yourself free promotion (and hey, it does work, I can't be the only one who found out about you thanks to this thread :p).

... just my 2 cents; I admit that I may be wrong with anything I said, but I assure you that I was honest and I'm not affiliated with neither you, him or anyone else; actually the main reason why I bothered to vote was for the free strongbox (presuming we would still get it) ...

Last edited:
From MA's initial post about Virtual Presidents...

"Q. Will all votes be counted equally?
A. Each registered voter will have one Vote. Voters will be provided a questionnaire prior to the election to determine their current level of experience in virtual reality. Votes will be weighted according to experience and current involvement in virtual reality. For example if your auntie registers to vote and her only experience with VR is from watching the movie The Matrix, then her vote might count as one, but if she registers to vote with her Facebook account and shares the news of the election with her friends the weight of her vote will increase. If your sister registers to vote and she is a self-proclaimed Minecraft fanatic, her vote will outweigh your brother who only plays cricket. If your cousin is the founder of a gigantic social network and he registers his company to join the coalition for a United Virtual Reality, his company will receive a maximum voting weight. If your uncle is the owner of a virtual reality medical training company and that company registers to join the coalition, then his company may also receive a maximum weighted vote. If everyone on a large social network registered to vote, those Votes would far outweigh the vote of the social network company itself. If you yourself have an avatar in Entropia Universe and have been active for ten years then your vote will outweigh a noob who started last month.

Q. When will we know exactly how the Votes are weighted?
A. Full disclosure of the voting mechanism will be made in the weeks prior to the start of the actual election in February 2016."

This is the item I mentioned in my last post, where is this information that was promised prior to the election in February 2016? Maybe I missed it? It seems as though this is pretty important information to post before someone lays down $1,000 to run isn't it?

P.S. Isn't this a little like counting women and African Americans as 1/3 or 2/3's votes back when slavery was a thing in the USA? I of course would like to see those who know gaming have a bigger say, but I fail to see how this can ever be considered a fair election with this method.

Agreed, this weighted vote is ridiculous. It's like the Superpac votes in the Democratic party in America. Doesn't matter if a candidate wins the popular vote, they can still lose due to singular votes that are "worth" more.

How is any kind of "weighted" vote democratic?

I wouldn't lay the money down to run if I were you Star, but that's just my opinion.

Back