Wow Dolby Atmos

The music got removed?

I assume MA was too cheap to buy the old iconic PE music's copyright from their sound designer.
Then MA was clever enough to fire the sound designer to save even more.
And so the sound designer went through the door with his copyrights.

I think they just cycle the music.... I had it on last night and there was music... but it was super quiet though even with all sounds maxed. Dunno why. Hopefully in the new one they'll have separate and decent volume controls for music, ambient, weapons and UI. At the moment, it's hard to hear the environment sounds unless you amp the volume, and then the laser or mining noise blows your socks off!

This game has sound? :)

I haven't had sound enabled for many years. Ever since the music got removed.

:beerchug:
OMG wow. I can't handle playing games with the sound off. I'm always amazed after hearing the laser pew pew for YEARS it hasn't gotten to where it annoys me.

OMG wow. I can't handle playing games with the sound off. I'm always amazed after hearing the laser pew pew for YEARS it hasn't gotten to where it annoys me.
Even games with good sound audio quality and profiles I turn off, like New World, Sound profile is amazing, but I'd still rather chat with friends, listen to music unless it is absolutely necessary.

Just as a quick side note to those who play with sound off, the RDI labs have some really nice sound/ vocal stuff in there telling the story of what happened. There are a bunch of "tablets" around and if you get close enough to them you can hear the diaries of the scienetist who was down there. The warning in the sounds are also super helpful as to whats coming and what to expect. I like this use in the labs with the sounds, adding another part to the game. But tbf, there is a lot of really bad sound scapes too in the game, so totally get why people turn them off.

Just as a quick side note to those who play with sound off, the RDI labs have some really nice sound/ vocal stuff in there telling the story of what happened. There are a bunch of "tablets" around and if you get close enough to them you can hear the diaries of the scienetist who was down there. The warning in the sounds are also super helpful as to whats coming and what to expect. I like this use in the labs with the sounds, adding another part to the game. But tbf, there is a lot of really bad sound scapes too in the game, so totally get why people turn them off.
Do you have to stand and wait at the tablet to listen to it? Or does the sound “follow you”? I can see that breaking up a team hunt if someone wants to hear some story but everyone else has heard it already

Do you have to stand and wait at the tablet to listen to it? Or does the sound “follow you”? I can see that breaking up a team hunt if someone wants to hear some story but everyone else has heard it already
The warnings and alerts are over a tannoy so to speak.

The tablets with stories are only audible if you are close. You don't have to listen to them, and as you move away they get quieter. I have them on video somewhere... but probably more fun to listen for yourself :)

Found some clips

Last edited:
Try it with mindforce for a fully immersive experience :laugh:

Back