Write support

GermanMan

Provider
Society
Freelancer
GermanMan GermanMan GermanMan
How can I contact the support? I tried the website, support, but there is nothing where I can send my request. Or is it only possible via chat if you do not want to or can not use the prefabricated stuff?

It worked, but I could have saved myself the trouble. The standard sentence: It will be forwarded to the responsible employees. And the case was closed. I already had it 5 years ago. And they did nothing at all. The problems I had then still occur today. What did I expect? If I'm honest, exactly that.

What exactly are the problems your having?

When I open the storage terminal, it takes up to 30 seconds until the inventory is displayed.

If I enter a building, it can take up to 30 seconds before the inventory or other avatars are displayed.

i have already set all graphics settings to low. i did not have these problems in my first playtime from 2014-2019.

what i already told the support 5 years ago. when i exit the game with exit, it freezes.
it then comes the message that no response comes.
this does not always happen. every few days just.

When I open the storage terminal, it takes up to 30 seconds until the inventory is displayed.

If I enter a building, it can take up to 30 seconds before the inventory or other avatars are displayed.

i have already set all graphics settings to low. i did not have these problems in my first playtime from 2014-2019.

what i already told the support 5 years ago. when i exit the game with exit, it freezes.
it then comes the message that no response comes.
this does not always happen. every few days just.
Do you regularly switch between computers? I have this happen to me whenever I swap computers and there is always a different graphics setting/resolution between them. Once it’s sorted itself out I’m good for the remainder of the session.

no, i always play on the same computer. only when i stopped 3,5 years ago i had another computer. now i started again with a new one. but i also have this problem during a session.. i can open the terminal 10x and it always takes so long.

Whats the cpu/gpu/ram etc. on your computer?

I would also try a fresh install

get better pc or get better internet. i have that with my low budget pc with high end pc not loaded in seconds.

und moin

Current pc Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz, 12 gb ram, nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti. my last pc had nen dual core, an old radeon graka and 8 gb ram. there it ran smoother.

I honestly thought that this is just how this game works. I've had these issues on all my computers since I started playing in 2009. Is it not like that for everyone?

Current pc Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz, 12 gb ram, nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti. my last pc had nen dual core, an old radeon graka and 8 gb ram. there it ran smoother.
Entropia has changed too since when you were using the old pc, more items ingame with more detailed models. A Fast SSD might help with loading times. But its not a guarantee. Eu is on my pc on a pcie gen4 ssd with 32gb ram and my storage takes a while to load too sometimes, or when entering a service center i fall though the map until the interior is loaded. The Cryengine shows its age here, that it wasnt developed to be used in a MMO but rather for singleplayer shooters doesnt help here either. There is hope that such things like loadingtimes will be improved with the next big graphics update, but that also will come with a higher tax on the hardware itself. Be prepared to not see much improvement since the overall higher quality we will much likely see eats away cpu and gpu speed.

Back to the SSD, a fast advertised read/write speed is not necesarily a sign that it will improve loadtimes, latency plays a big role here too. Too bad that intel scraped the optane series, they are among the best in regards to latency.

It is also annoying that the professions, if they are displayed at some point, appear with 0. After a Relog they are there again. must honestly say that there are now more annoying problems than 3.5 years ago. and then I was already annoyed to the end, which is why I also took a long break.
let's see how long I keep the desire to play this time.
that there will ever be the new engine on which all hope, I also doubt. at least not in the near future. and it will be better I think only when I see it

Maybe I can help.

What kind of internet speed and connection do you use? (fiber, dsl, satellite, ... ?)
How's your network setup? (dedicated router? wired or wireless?)
Are you using a VPN?
What's your operating system?
Are you using an SSD?

Can you share the output of the command tracert login.entropiauniverse.com in cmd or powershell?

It is also annoying that the professions, if they are displayed at some point, appear with 0
That must be something related to the network traffic then. Data gets sent via UDP, which is simpler and faster than TCP, but doesn't provide the validity checks. So failed packets are dropped and aren't (re)sent again automatically. Whatever caused the data to be sent must be done again. Obviously logging out and in will do that, but also like playing for several minutes and checking again may "fix" the display.

So whatever happens between your computer and the MA-servers is the issue (broken drivers, network interface card, Wifi, router/modem, network cables, ISP, VPN, ...). I don't think that it's the speed of other parts of your computer, but of course you shouldn't rule it out completely...

E.g., several years ago I had serious issues to log in and only after my ISP sent me a new modem the problem went away. So I really do understand your current frustration...

One of my machines has the same gpu but a 3rd gen i5. It does have more ram than yours. Everything is on one HDD. I don't have those kinds of issues on it. Its ran max settings fine with exception of christmas mayhem instance and shogoth cave. From what i've experienced. Even with relatively modern integrated GPU's it aint that bad in regard to item icons.

When the items are rendered and produce an icon image, they will be saved into your PC until you change graphics settings or an update comes around. So you shouldn't have to see the same items loading again if neither of the two happened.

It is also annoying that the professions, if they are displayed at some point, appear with 0.

That looks like a network problem, but that prolly still doesnt explain your icon issue. Unless those kinds of assets such as textures are being streamed.

I honestly thought that this is just how this game works. I've had these issues on all my computers since I started playing in 2009. Is it not like that for everyone?
You are, joking, right?

Welche Art von Internetgeschwindigkeit und Verbindung verwenden Sie? (Glasfaser, DSL, Satellit, ... ?)
Wie ist deine Netzwerkkonfiguration? (dedizierter Router? verkabelt oder drahtlos?)
Verwenden Sie ein VPN?
Was ist Ihr Betriebssystem?
Benutzt du eine SSD?

Internet 9k (3.5 years ago still 3-4k ). combination of dsl and lte. dsl 2k, rest lte.

Speedport router. wired network.

no

Win10

Crucial BX500 SSD

I made a tracer but how do I upload a picture of my computer?

Thanks to all for thinking along^^.

Last edited:
Yep, looks like your problem is the internet connection. With 99% certainty.

Are you able to change ISP? Or maybe test your computer on a friends house?

Then it must be the lte. As i said 3.5 years ago, i only had 3-4k internet and not as many problems as today.

Fibre optic cable was laid in front of my house last year, so let's see how many years I have to wait before I get connected.

Sometimes, Windows 10 security settings may prevent some apps from saving data on your computer if you didn`t install the app as an administrator and / or you are not running that app as an administrator. Try launching Entropia with right-click / Run as administrator, logoff, and then login again same way ( right-click / Run as administrator). Alternatively, uninstall Entropia, and then reinstall using the administrtaor account on your system, NOT a regular user account.

I'll try it. Thanks for the tip.

You are, joking, right?

Not to derail this thread any further with my my comments, but no joking here. Since 2009 I have lived in 6 different locations (and as such, have had 4 different ISPs) and owned 6 different systems (Including a couple of laptops).

"When I open the storage terminal, it takes up to 30 seconds until the inventory is displayed.
If I enter a building, it can take up to 30 seconds before the inventory or other avatars are displayed."

These issues have been persistant throughout all of the above. I can´t say for sure that it has always taken THAT long on all systems, but it has always been slow enough for me to think "I can´t believe they haven´t done something about this in all these years"

I just chalked it up to poor programming and assumed it wasn´t a priority, with all the other issues the game has.

That being said. To OP: if you figure out how to fix it, please let me know :)

Run as administrator has not brought any improvement.

This Problem got to do with your Internet Connection

Check the Launcher and Set it up for lower speed

Even when you got a highspeed connection it will still do the same problem

Since you live in germany get vodafone kabel i can give you a refferal link if you need, just pm me here
They provide Glasfaser for everyone it comes from your tv plugin box

Not to derail this thread any further with my my comments, but no joking here. Since 2009 I have lived in 6 different locations (and as such, have had 4 different ISPs) and owned 6 different systems (Including a couple of laptops).

"When I open the storage terminal, it takes up to 30 seconds until the inventory is displayed.
If I enter a building, it can take up to 30 seconds before the inventory or other avatars are displayed."

These issues have been persistant throughout all of the above. I can´t say for sure that it has always taken THAT long on all systems, but it has always been slow enough for me to think "I can´t believe they haven´t done something about this in all these years"

I just chalked it up to poor programming and assumed it wasn´t a priority, with all the other issues the game has.
What everyone can do no matter what game is to go to a streaming service (Twitch, ...) or video hoster (YouTube, ...) and find streamers playing and live videos of that game. While saying that it's important to watch those with lots of viewers/views and top-notch equipment and also those with hardly any viewers/views and bad equipment. This helps to understand what the problem can be.

So if it really takes up to 30 seconds for those activities it should become obvious that even those with bad equipment don't do that bad. While this doesn't satisfy the own situation it at least ensures that it's not the game as such. So MindArk will always tell you that it's not in their area and actually they aren't wrong about that. They won't even suggest stuff (looking at my previous post they didn't ask me to change the modem).

And the closer the problem is, the more obvious it becomes that one can do something about this problem. The tough part remains to find the actual cause and the remedy against it.

I just remembered another issue back when the icy terrains of Amathera were released and my PC hard-crashed (PSU turned itself off) when I TP-ed to a certain TP (for some reason I was able to run there at first). After that it hard-crashed every time I logged in. As the PC was running fine otherwise I asked support to relocate my avatar and then I was able to play again and I never TP-ed there until after I bought a new PC.

Back