Neverdie was buying BEFORE MindArk announced!?

Status

Francine

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Francine zzz Dupré
Hi all .
Everyone knows that MindArk announced the beginning of the sale of the space resort on 21th October 2005.I need you to agree .Check that here :
http://www.project-entropia.com/news/Index.ajp?skip=11
And here
http://www.project-entropia.com/StdContent.ajp?Id=2039

Now Neverdie has 2 websites that i know which are related to CLUB NEVERDIE.
First one is www.realityport.com .
This name is a generic name .It can be used for several things and cant be specific to PE.

The second one is : www.clubneverdie.com
Yes,if you type www.clubneverdie.com , it brings you to the website of CLUB NEVERDIE.
Club neverdie is the name written on the disco of space resort.Its officially linked to this space resort of Project Entropia .
The screenshot shows you that its officially the name of the space resort or Project Entropia
clubneverdieboard.jpg

Now lets see what Whois tells us about www.clubneverdie.com

5assedmonkey is right.
I dont force you to click on this link but if you do,you agree that nobody forced you to make a whois and that its for information purpose only .
http://www.whois.net/whois.cgi2?d=www.clubneverdie.com

Yes it is written :
Created on: 11-OCT-05

Yes it means 11th October 2005 . And yes it is 10 days before than MindArk starts the auction at 1 PED .

That makes you wonder : How ? ...
How could NEVERDIE know 10 days before everyone knows?
In fact...In the press release of MindArk here ,they say :
The response to the news of the Space Resort was immediate – just during the weekend eight parties approached MindArk expressing serious interest in purchasing it.
and you know that it was Friday 21th October 2005 .
They didnot say : before ..they said the response to the news..which means thats a response after the public news of the Friday 21th October 2005.
So Neverdie shouldnot know anything 10 days before the beginning.
He shouldnot know....if he was not official from MindArk i would say ....
There is something really fishy here .
I m not saying that the space resort is not good .Personnally ,i dont hate the space resort.
I m saying that Neverdie had informations that no one should got except MindArk . And that 's second person from Warants who got favors .
Enjoy.

Last edited:
That IS interesting +rep. Who was the other person from warrants who got favours. This isn't really that supprising though, everyone knows it's not what you know its who you know. The world works that way I'm afraid :wise:

I'd like neverdie's reply on this before making any comments but.. interesting find indeed.
+rep

oh come on Francine, leave it will ya? ive got enough of your ranting.

Franzy always has posts to think about :) +Rep

I dont see any ranting here

:eek:
Very interesting indeed...
Well, we wait for a reply ;)

-Zap

forget clubneverdie.com, the advertised site of the club is

www.realityport.com

the whois info:

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: REALITYPORT.COM
Created on: 12-AUG-04
Expires on: 12-AUG-06
Last Updated on: 12-DEC-05

august 12th 2004.. a year and a month before october 11th francine. ;)

yea, we actually uncovered this on IRC awhile back.. No one really cared enough to post it though.. everyones apathetic towards MA's little back room deals. =P

Just another fiasco. FUMA is the codeword.

francine said:
I m saying that Neverdie had informations that no one should got except MindArk . And that 's second person from Warants who got favors .
Enjoy.

You don't know that Francine. You only know that he registered a website with that name before MA anounced it was selling an asteroid.

Intresting post, but you are jumping to conclusions, aren't you? Even if it seems like a reasonable jump, it's still unfair at this time.

ok, just let me clarify this. last time we got this was skalman winning housing thingie right? bang, we got loads of wrong interpreted info (or whatever the word is)

so, we gonna start it all over again? that what i ment in my previous post

To me it seems ok somehow. MAs stuff they do as they wish ........ Whats anoying is that they seem to hold the truth to themself to make it sound better........ Will just shut up now and let someone who knows more then me tell the story before getting pissed at MA ;)

if im not mistaken you can buy a domain and update the info as needed?

Like i buy www.xyz.com, and it has my info. I paid for 5 years. I sell it in a year and the NEW owners update the contact info but the registration date is still the original. Am i wrong? :confused:

Francine must you always stir crap up. First it's Skalman now Neverdie give it up.

I don't belive any of this means anything as above site stuff can be changed.

Also Neverdie might have also had these sites owned more then a year ago getting ready for the TI auction.

not to knock the thread but who cares really? was someone here planning on gettin it for 99k usd and couldn't scrounge up the 1,001 usd to beat their bid?

the auction was PR ... so what? It's a valid marketing method, and it's all the property of MA to use as they see fit. So who cares that some Jon Jacobs approached MA and said "I will pay you 100k usd to set up a virtual location in your game so I can operate a virtual business."?

I don't see the issue. It's at best interesting to know if I had 100k in disposable income I could get some cool Sci Fi thing set up that may actually get a return on investment. Outside of that ... why does this matter to you or anyone else? as I hear from time to time "where is the value add in this information?"

FFS!!! Lets hear it NeverDie.....I really dont care either way, but in all fairness Id like to hear an explanation.... :rolleyes:

Aarioch said:
not to knock the thread but who cares really? was someone here planning on gettin it for 99k usd and couldn't scrounge up the 1,001 usd to beat their bid?

the auction was PR ... so what? It's a valid marketing method, and it's all the property of MA to use as they see fit. So who cares that some Jon Jacobs approached MA and said "I will pay you 100k usd to set up a virtual location in your game so I can operate a virtual business."?

I don't see the issue. It's at best interesting to know if I had 100k in disposable income I could get some cool Sci Fi thing set up that may actually get a return on investment. Outside of that ... why does this matter to you or anyone else? as I hear from time to time "where is the value add in this information?"

Actually several people tried to bid the 1mil peds (buyout)...but were unable to because of "Technical" difficulties. Seems only ND was able to overcome them in time.

To be honest...I knew when MA first mentioned this Space club...they'd already made a deal with someone. If you think work hadnt been done on it before the announcement...then you dont know much about programming and developement. And I'm sure MA was positive of a sale, before investing the man hours and resources into it. But does it really matter now? Nothing is going to change is it ?

Az

Or he had -or still has- plans on opening a real life club with that name. Since Neverdie is in the music business as well, that idea isn't that far fetched.
And when he saw the spacestation for sale he might have thought 'why not use the same name in the virtual world'.

I agree it's coïncidental but there is no way that you can exclusively tie a name like 'club neverdie' to PE and thus draw the conclusion that he knew beforehand. It can be used for many purposes so he might have registered that site with something else in mind. The asteroid just happened to come along.

That said, i am very happy it was Neverdie that bought it. With his background the station has much more potential then if someone like...euh me would have bought it :laugh:

*after posting i see that epictetus posted about the same reply but in a much shorter version :laugh: *

Well the technical contact (located in the US) has a web site very intersting lol : www.cryztal.net not sure that it is an american website :laugh:

dutch chap said:
*after posting i see that epictetus posted about the same reply but in a much shorter version :laugh: *

Great minds think alike. :)

Mindark do deal with someone they know shock :eek:

Azrael, is that 1million stuff just more rumour? the story goes Neverdie was offered 200k but turned it down. if he'd been offered a million, a) i think he might just have taken it and b) someone would have made more of a fuss.

lol I dont find it hard to belive that a DJ already had Club Neverdie domain already get this... HE IS A DJ lol lol and lol again

MA has always shown a willingness to deal with people who have a business proposition or large amount of cash to invest. At the end of the day as PE grows, more individuals or businesses are going to start knocking on MA's door with wads of cash asking for some kind of way of getting a slice of the action in the PE universe.

Whether this happened between Neverdie and MA is something that is really just a theory at this present moment in time. And whether its a bad thing or not, personally I'm not too bothered. I think the space resort is in good capable hands and the proof will be if we start seeing an influx of new participants to PE.

i thought everyone knew it was a done deal before the anouncement,

read between the lines.

but who care,
pr for ma , more new players.

and if there were other serious bidders , then they can do the same as neverdie, only instead of a resort tailored for neverdies plans they can get exactly what they want.

aridash said:
Mindark do deal with someone they know shock :eek:

Azrael, is that 1million stuff just more rumour? the story goes Neverdie was offered 200k but turned it down. if he'd been offered a million, a) i think he might just have taken it and b) someone would have made more of a fuss.

1 mil peds... is 100k USD...which was the buyout. you can search the forums for previous disscussions on it.

Epictetus said:
Have you considered the possibility that "Club Neverdie" was intended to be a RL property until he heard about MA's idea?

yeah... could be true... but 10 days before auc? ... a little bit "to perfect"

Im not sure what to believe... and I dont care all THAT much.. .BUT its a very intressting find!

Why are some of you nagging ón Francine?..

GUYS!

She might have been involved in that crap with skalman, but what has this to do with it?

She did read two things, that did not match!...
If someone of you would have noticed the same things she noticed - you would have been curious too...
She isnt ruin anything, she is just facing facts!

I really dont like your bad attitude vs. Francine!...You cant judge her as long as you dont know her!

Lets hear about what NEVERDIE has got to say about it instead...
Im pretty sure that there have been a missunderstanding made.

Hypo: What if it is like Francine said?..

You guys are judging and blaming before you even know the right thing!...
You act like children!

Regards,
Taxita :tongue2:

This could have been just a big publicity stunt, but i dont see any reason to make a sectret deal for MA. What does MA care where the money comes from? But whatever it was, it is not just MA that gets better from it, but also the players that already exisit.

So who cares . . .

Hmm who cares ?
Well at the announce of the auction on this space station ... I ve been to my bank for some loan mate ... Unfortunatly in my country (France), bankers are not very fond of with virtual properties ... I couldn't get the loan for lack of guaranties ...

I certainly imagine that several ppl had better luck than me and got their loan ok ... Now what ... They did put the money in ... but MA had them having some "technical problems" finishing the money transfer ... And what we got ? a space station bought 100k US$ and several guys who did put some extra 100ks US$ in the economy ... So i think some ppl cares yes ...

If I had this loan ok, I would have been pretty pissed wasting some money on the interest + MA % on money transfer for nothing ...

Still I like the idea of this space station being a DJ's club but the attitude of MA if this is really true ashame me.

Anyway, what should i expect from a company that has all the money on offshore accounts ^^ :d

Azrael said:
1 mil peds... is 100k USD...which was the buyout. you can search the forums for previous disscussions on it.

apologies i read your post as $1m. still, once one buyout is through wouldnt the auction end, that is rather the idea. All this conspiracy over something that really doesnt matter.

Zhorgul said:
Hmm who cares ?
Well at the announce of the auction on this space station ... I ve been to my bank for some loan mate ... Unfortunatly in my country (France), bankers are not very fond of with virtual properties ... I couldn't get the loan for lack of guaranties ...

I certainly imagine that several ppl had better luck than me and got their loan ok ... Now what ... They did put the money in ... but MA had them having some "technical problems" finishing the money transfer ... And what we got ? a space station bought 100k US$ and several guys who did put some extra 100ks US$ in the economy ... So i think some ppl cares yes ...

If I had this loan ok, I would have been pretty pissed wasting some money on the interest + MA % on money transfer for nothing ...

Still I like the idea of this space station being a DJ's club but the attitude of MA if this is really true ashame me.

Anyway, what should i expect from a company that has all the money on offshore accounts ^^ :d

Thanks Zhorgul .I really dont know if you agree with my thread or not but your story alone makes me believe that i m right to open this thread and ask the big question.

Status
Back