Question: should claims show on radar?

Should MA add mining claims on radar?

• Total voters
Great post, and many great responses. :)

On the being able to see all claims versus just your own, why not make it an option. Somebody mentioned using that in a dome. Great idea! Turn it on for a sec, see if its worth dropping 100 bombs in. IF not, move to next dome.

Additionally on being able to see all claims, it should be disabled in pvp areas.

Seeing all the responses gave me an idea: what about a fading dot that indicates where ur bomb/probe was dropped, that way u can space ur bombs/probes more efficiently

Radiance

i would only like to see my own claims since it will be to easy to track down claims and towers in pvp4..

Viewing my own claims on the radar is in my xmas wishlist.
:)

My claims on the radar, hell yes!!!! has been asked for since a long time allready, I've almost given up hope it will come one day.

I'd also like to be able to extract claims with 1 pull, but offcourse with extra decay, (for instance 10% of the claim).

Great post, and many great responses. :)

tks :)

On the being able to see all claims versus just your own, why not make it an option. Somebody mentioned using that in a dome. Great idea! Turn it on for a sec, see if its worth dropping 100 bombs in. IF not, move to next dome.

if you're only seeing unexctracted claims you may as well just look around for other players :p

remember that nothing is this game should be too easy, in the past bombs and probes left a mark in the ground, they removed it for a reason (CND)

Additionally on being able to see all claims, it should be disabled in pvp areas.

thats a very good idea, that way it wouldn't be unfair for the PvP miner

Seeing all the responses gave me an idea: what about a fading dot that indicates where ur bomb/probe was dropped, that way u can space ur bombs/probes more efficiently

Radiance

same as the above, MA wont and shouldn't make thinks too easy

Viewing my own claims on the radar is in my xmas wishlist.
:)

Xmas is very close
maybe in this Xmas we will be blessed with lime green and sky blue dots on our radars :D

Would be very nice to see your own claims on the radar! :D

I sent a supportcase a while back to MA, stating that a "claimfinder" should be introduced.

Maybe as an attachment that you put in your finder to be able to "beep" your claims like you do when you hit a claim, or that it could be built-in in certain finders.

wrote a lot of shit, cant remember half of if now lol :D
but yes, they should be easier to locate!

I sent a supportcase a while back to MA, stating that a "claimfinder" should be introduced

Funny, I proposed the exact same "item" in socchat yesterday (dunno why though cuz no one was online :laugh:). Kinda ironic though we need a finder to find what we found, but imo the extractors should evolute according to graphics and with more vegetation, rocks and trees you can spend quite some time looking for some claims in non-open spots.

Claiming a dep with one click on the other hand must be one of the wackiest ideas I've heard so far. Maybe when you shoot a mob it could drop dead after one shot, the needed surplus ammo and decay is substracted from your items value and the loot is fastforwarded and just appears in your inventory without any popup or tune. 'Cuz time is money ... :rolleyes::scratch2::laugh:

Funny, I proposed the exact same "item" in socchat yesterday (dunno why though cuz no one was online :laugh:). Kinda ironic though we need a finder to find what we found, but imo the extractors should evolute according to graphics and with more vegetation, rocks and trees you can spend quite some time looking for some claims in non-open spots.

lol, that was odd :D but as usual the response was:
this has been forwarded to the blablabla office :)

Claiming a dep with one click on the other hand must be one of the wackiest ideas I've heard so far. Maybe when you shoot a mob it could drop dead after one shot, the needed surplus ammo and decay is substracted from your items value and the loot is fastforwarded and just appears in your inventory without any popup or tune. 'Cuz time is money ... :rolleyes::scratch2::laugh:

ROFL, that was the same as I was thinking :D
that would remove all armors, faps and excavators to say just a little, and i am too flippin tired to think of more stuff that would vanish..

they could also change crafting, one click could make 1000000000000 filters

now that would be skilling :)

and maybe in the next Xmas we will get an ingame auto clicker for crafting and sweating, hunting and mining bots

:whiner:

:D

yes, yes, yes.

they should also make the claim visually BIGGER.

should also be able to extract from 1 pull and decay excavator accordingly.

Totally agree with that, there is just far too much unnecessary clicking involved in all areas of the game IMHO.
And how you will be able to skill up extraction skills?

would prefer to see them on map not radar,
it could be easier to locate a forgotten claim
How long have you mining/playing? :D no offense...but claims are visible on map since PE..
Allmost forgot...i like pie...whatever...dont really need such thing and sometimes radar is more usefull for other things than being crowded with unnecesary dots i.e. pvp4 :D

ROFL, that was the same as I was thinking :D
that would remove all armors, faps and excavators to say just a little, and i am too flippin tired to think of more stuff that would vanish..

Great minds think alike ... that's the second time in one topic lol :wtg:

EU2: featuring only a pedcard and an action button, either peds increase or get deducted each click. Requires a 186x, monochrome monitor and an iron mouse :cool:

voted for seeing my own claims on radar and have wished for this feature myself. Would be very useful.

voted Pro Own Claims :) its indeed pretty nerving to search for your own hidden claims while you got stalked from Mobs arround you..... Wasn`t there talk about ......loooong time ago that MA wanted to make bit more easier mining possible by lowering Aggro of mobs and keepin a Claim Zone of a Miner nearly free of Mobs ??? Im sure there was talk about pretty far away in past..... someone may have any idea where to find a thread about ?

Allmost forgot...i like pie...whatever...dont really need such thing and sometimes radar is more usefull for other things than being crowded with unnecesary dots i.e. pvp4 :D

there should be an option menu for radar were we could chose what we wanted to see and maybe what colors

I'm sure the radar is generated in the client side

330 voters :wtg:

bump :)

Hi,

just have skipped reading anything below #1, need to decimate 'em evil Snables attacking Atlas soon - but I'll give you my idea how it would be nice:
  1. Finding a claim would be identical, but it wouldn't show what's in - so all'd be "unknown" - you'd get your swirlies with 1st extract, when you check what it is at all
  2. but it would show up on your radar, as on your map, as long as it'd be in your inventory
  3. time available to extract would be ways longer, maybe 24h or even more, and the claim deed would be tradeable
  4. timed out claims would be, for a short time of 1h or such, be free for any miner passing by, not showing on radar, and with a slightly different appearance
  5. "out of the order" finds would be ways more common, would create another claim marker, ways distant from the actual resource claim. Small incentives in it, be it mining resources, BPs, DNA parts, or common (L) tools - just a little more incentive?

Guess this would add up quite a lot to mining, without destroying economy.

Sry to all those their's statements I've repeated :(

Have fun!

if i could see them on radar my life would be easier :cool:
+rep for a great idea :)

Great minds think alike ... that's the second time in one topic lol :wtg:

EU2: featuring only a pedcard and an action button, either peds increase or get deducted each click. Requires a 186x, monochrome monitor and an iron mouse :cool:

im going to EU2 planet! :D

1. Finding a claim would be identical, but it wouldn't show what's in - so all'd be "unknown" - you'd get your swirlies with 1st extract, when you check what it is at all
  2. but it would show up on your radar, as on your map, as long as it'd be in your inventory
  3. time available to extract would be ways longer, maybe 24h or even more, and the claim deed would be tradeable
  4. timed out claims would be, for a short time of 1h or such, be free for any miner passing by, not showing on radar, and with a slightly different appearance
  5. "out of the order" finds would be ways more common, would create another claim marker, ways distant from the actual resource claim. Small incentives in it, be it mining resources, BPs, DNA parts, or common (L) tools - just a little more incentive?

-in the old days most of my finds were unknowed because of my low skill, but what I miss the most was geting the global/hof on the last extract, so you would be extracting something and only know the exact ped ammount on the end

-I think claim time is ok

-sure, I already sugested that to MA, unextracted claims should be available to everyone

-uncomon finds like scales and such are cool, but they should be rare, items and blue prints could be possible but still very very rare (there is a rumor that we can find U amps while mining).
the only way I could see that hapening woud be finding tresure chests.

detectors are made to detect minerals not trash :p

if i could see them on radar my life would be easier :cool:
+rep for a great idea :)

TY :D

and an Happy BDay to meeeeee :yay:

Claims on radar would be awesome! Damn i am running around soooo often looking for my claims that i sometimes get timepressure to get the smaller ones out. Have you ever seen a dog in deep snow or grass, it jumps like a rabbit. I am running around like this very often lol:laugh:

I'm sure if we were to massively request this directly to MA thorugh the proper channels ie. Support-> Suggestions we would surely be obtaining something similiar to what we are requesting with this thread.

I've done a support suggestion right after reading this thread.

Just last night I had over 15 claims all over to run to, and pin pointing them with coords was hell. Especially when avoiding mob infested areas (damn your formicadas, damn you!)

Excellent idea! Why did you think of it earlier! (damn you for not thinking of this earlier, damn you ! :laugh:)

+rep for a great idea !

Ma, it's now the time to do somethings for the miner ;)

TY :)

I'm sure if we were to massively request this directly to MA thorugh the proper channels ie. Support-> Suggestions we would surely be obtaining something similiar to what we are requesting with this thread.

I've done a support suggestion right after reading this thread.

Just last night I had over 15 claims all over to run to, and pin pointing them with coords was hell. Especially when avoiding mob infested areas (damn your formicadas, damn you!)

Excellent idea! Why did you think of it earlier! (damn you for not thinking of this earlier, damn you ! :laugh:)

I did, long ago, but MA did nothing

I gave MA lots of sugestions some of them were used like radar diferent colors for soc and team members

tks for all the votes so far :wtg:

bump

I think its good now. It would be to easy if they would show.

Back