Wishlist - Hotkey to tell you what you just killed

ForrestPark

Prowler
Society
The Ministry
I often think it would be a good idea to be able to press a certain hotkey and the mob and maturity of your last kill would then appear in your chat window.

I sometimes get a nice loot, and then think, 'what dropped that'? If it was a big mob then it is fairly obvious as you've just spent a couple of minutes killing it, but if it was a Combibo or Snable or something you can often kill it so fast it does not register.

Anyone else in agreement or is it just me...? ;)

Good idea.
I would personlay prefer not a hotkey, better have it as a standard feature.

With TT value of loot would be a plus.
Something like "You killed a Daiki Young and received 2 PED loot".

After all, we have a full message when we are killed "You were killed by a mad Daiki Young".

yea good idea, but how about kill chat channel? where all your kills are listed like skioll gains ect, good for those with short term memory loss:p

Actually it's already there. You just need to loot stuff worth more than 50 PEDs :D:D:D

I wish they'd do it like they do when you are in a hunting event. When you kill and loot something it tells you you received 245 points if you looted 2.45 peds worth of loot. They could just change it to peds and have it pop in the chat like it does when it says the creature had no loot.

I'd like to see that.

Thanks for the responses.

I don't think MA will ever implement the "you killed mob x and found loot worth x pecs" option as this will allow someone with a screen capture tool to easily collect a lot of info on exact mobs loots. (Yes a better screen capture tool could work out loot values from the loot window pictures but that would be waaay clever).

But I don't see that clicking an extra button once in a while to see what you killed last would really help us crack the loot system.

@endermigne - I shall try your idea tonight. I am not hopeful :)

I don't really see a point in this. Just keep one eye on the screen while you click your mouse and you usualy know what you just killed.
It's pretty easy to see what mob you have kileld, but judging teh maturity is much more difficult. Once it is dead it just says it's a Daikiba , not which maturity it was. It's happened to me several times - I kill a mob, get some decent loot but then I have no idea if it was a young, mature, old , provider or... I think that was what the instigator of this thread was interested in, the maturity.

1. I think it would use a massive amount of bandwith which should force FPC to invest in servers without any purpose for them.
2. Not even remembering what mob you killed a few seconds ago?!? I would be worried about my health if that would happen to me...:eek:

1. I think it would use a massive amount of bandwith which should force FPC to invest in servers without any purpose for them.

The bandwidth shouldn't be an issue IMO. I mean it's just 50 bytes of text or something and maybe some bytes of overhead. And even the text can be chopped down to the internal type-id of the mob (representing e.g. "Argonaut Young"). Because that's all there is to be known. The loot gets transfered already so the total TT-value is known. And the rest of the text is just static:

You killed a {1} worth {2} PEDs.

So we're talking about 4 bytes here (32-bit integer) for the type-id.

I think the problem is, if it really is one, that the client has to cache more lines in chat. And if it turns into a special loot-channel then there's some more overhead for that of course. But that's all on the client side.

Back