Question: How much importance do dodge/evade have in PVP?

~ thebuzz ~

Stalker
Banned
Society
cK Shadows
Tom thebuzz Christensen
I'm a n00b at this and I know it, so I gotta ask a stupido question...

How much importance do evade and dodge have in PVP related fights.

IE:
JohnDoe who just maxed LR53 might have 500 dodge / 1500 evade
MrMedium maybe 5k dodge / 5k evade
MrUber who has 10k dodge / 10k evade

1. Will JohnDoe hit MrMedium more often than MrUber?
  2. LR53 is a SIB gun, and is like 93% hit when maxed...?
  3. Does this 93% hit also mean 93% hit chance in PVP?
  4. And is that - no matter what dodge the opponent has?
Sorry - just - Im not totally sure if I skilled dodge without reason? :scratch2:

As far as i know, they don't work at all on PVP right now.
So it wouldn't matter if you have 0 or 5000 dodge, you'll still get marbered the same way :p

As far as i know, they don't work at all on PVP right now.
So it wouldn't matter if you have 0 or 5000 dodge, you'll still get marbered the same way :p

Well, considering Star can out-fap a foeripper without armor... Mod fap does NOT have more heal/sec than a foeripper's dmg/sec.....

i know when i dabble in pvp on occasion some people I always miss and some I hit nearly all the time so I had thought they must have high dodge/evade.

interesting question, subscribing.

Well, considering Star can out-fap a foeripper without armor... Mod fap does NOT have more heal/sec than a foeripper's dmg/sec.....

Than again FOE is not a maxed SIB weapon...depends in hands of who ofc :D
From my experince dodge atm might have a tiny or nonexistent effect in pvp.

Well I heard something at some point that MindArk made it like this:

1. Equally skilled people would be very much able to hit each other
  2. n00b vs uber and uber vs n00b would be more difficult to make successfull hit

Is this true?

Than again FOE is not a maxed SIB weapon...depends in hands of who ofc :D
From my experince dodge atm might have a tiny or nonexistent effect in pvp.

I was told it was a maxed foeripper, used by different people, both at the rig and in the ring.

Foeripper's average DPS is 68, with Evil 92, that's just 12 points behind modfaps heal/sec, count in the missed shots (the normal 8% where ever that comes from then) and modfap could keep up.

Well, waiting for a PVP veteran to comment :)

Well I heard something at some point that MindArk made it like this:

1. Equally skilled people would be very much able to hit each other
  2. n00b vs uber and uber vs n00b would be more difficult to make successfull hit

Is this true?

Equal yes will hit each other with no prob.
i think that only depends your hit ability i almost always hit another ava.
but this isn't true that's my opinion and my results

What did this mean:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=VU&id=41

PvP combat update

The hit probabilities for PvP combat have been updated, allowing for more accuracy and acceptance of Internet latency. This generally results in more hits in comparison to before the update. This will not affect the basic hit system involving attacker and defender skill levels.

In pvp they do not matter at the moment.

so defence skills does matter??:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

I have no clue

Want to kill me 1000 times in pvp?

Anyone else wanna kill me 1000 times as well?

We can then count # of shots or something... :scratch2::scratch2:

Tests have showed dodge has no effect, at least in the ring. If you stand in the ring firing at someone who's stood still in front of you, you'll get the same results if they have 0 Dodge as if they have 5k or 10k Dodge.

I can't remember if the result was a 100% successful hit rate or if it's more like 92% like it is on mobs (with maxed weapon).

This was done later than VU 8.1 so the VU note posted above doesn't affect this (though it's possible that something else may have changed since the test was done, which can only really be checked by repeating the test).

Anyone else wanna kill me 1000 times as well?

Direct peope to your last thread and I'm sure you won't have a problem getting volunteers ;) :naughty: :rofl:

But serioulsy - 10/10 doesn't actually mean you're going to hit your target everytime. So I would assume that the 93% sib = 93% chance of hitting someone is out the window.

And for the record - I agree with Oleg and I don't think dodge matters in PvP, either. This thread says that we should ask Doer =)

Direct peope to your last thread and I'm sure you won't have a problem getting volunteers ;) :naughty: :rofl:

You mean your latest neg rep to me?
Funniest part is - before this thread I actually thought of you as a decent dude. The responses on your thread + the +reps I've gotten from your FRIENDS even - shows that you're nothing but a tool. btw - you can close your own thread, ef nub.:loco:
Danielle - get a life and get outta my threads...

Last edited:
Tests have showed dodge has no effect, at least in the ring. If you stand in the ring firing at someone who's stood still in front of you, you'll get the same results if they have 0 Dodge as if they have 5k or 10k Dodge.

I can't remember if the result was a 100% successful hit rate or if it's more like 92% like it is on mobs (with maxed weapon).

This was done later than VU 8.1 so the VU note posted above doesn't affect this (though it's possible that something else may have changed since the test was done, which can only really be checked by repeating the test).

Thanks Oleg. :) Positive spot on answer to my question, I appreciate it.

why don't you test it? those tests are some days old already. get few folks of different profession levels and let them be hit/shot by one person with maxed weapons fora few 100 times.

Danielle - get a life and get outta my threads unless U wanna become the forum whore you seem to be ... Or you just whore? I cant tell personally sorry... :laugh:

Ok so now you have resorted instead of attacking a majority of the community to Personally attacking a certain individual. With every post you seem to become a bit more pathetic.

Or you just whore? I cant tell personally sorry... :laugh:

Un-called for mate and you're only doing yourself damage and lowering everyones opinion of you by posting stuff like that.

If you really had to say it isnt that one of those posts that could have been done in PM as you suggest?

And before you say i`m pandering to your so called "Forum-whore" that has nothing to do with it.Its a matter of common decency.

Take or leave my comment as you wish.

Foeripper's average DPS is 68, with Evil 92, that's just 12 points behind modfaps heal/sec, count in the missed shots (the normal 8% where ever that comes from then) and modfap could keep up.

Well, waiting for a PVP veteran to comment :)

Average DPS counts missed hits.

Average DPS counts missed hits.
Dang, didn't take that into an account.
But missrate has never been as low as 8% for me, after some rather long time testing it averaged at around 14%, but that's enough for the off-topic :p

I removed my insults, Sorry Danielle

Forum moderator can you please remove post #21 and #22 plus this one? ;)

Does anyone remember a VU Content List where they say "Defence Skills disabled in PvP"? I think there has been such a thing but I perhaps I'm just hallucinating.

I think this list is incomplete or, better said, too brief. Still I am not too sure about the VU Content spooking in my head.

Well, from my tryouts, the defence skills from victims does not matter,
when you offense with any maxed weapon.

But it does matter, when you attack with an unmaxed weapon.

Back