Quests/Game Play Enhancers

Would you like a quest/reward system?

• Yes, sounds like it would improve the game play

Votes: 77 61.1%
  • Yes, but not like you say... (plz post your ideia)

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • No, never liked quest systems.

Votes: 40 31.7%

• Total voters

dacampelo

Provider
Society
NBK Squadron
Danandre MrFixit Alexiel
One of the things I find hard here in EU is the lack of quests, mainly, the lack of purpose. Of course there's the personal goals, but most of them are long term that sometimes it gets a bit dificult to continue due to the demotivation associated with the long path yet to walk...

To minimize a bit this situation I was thinking on a small system of quests/game play enhancers. The ideia is to creaate a small challenge, and give a reward. The rewaard wouldn't be items or peds, but game play enhancers, like double skill vallue for 1hour.

There could be a story background for each quests/missions, like getting more information of what's happening in a certain place, or scan mob for cientific purposes, social activities, etc...

Some quest ideias:
Craft X items of a type;
Mine X amount of a ore;
Kill X mobs of a type;
Deliver message to NPC;
Scan x different mobs;
<Add more>

Some reward ideas:
Double skill points for X hours for a certain profession;
X% discount from TT store;
Less X% fee from autioner;
Another quest;
<Add more>

The rewards could be traided to other players, and they would be random. Also, there would be a big chance of no reward, as the result of the assignement could not be the disared result or sudendly there was a change in plans from the NPC thaat requested it.

Please provide some feedback

Edit:
A bit more detail here.

Some ongoing player created quests (for the quests addicted :)):
Quest Listing

Last edited:
Anything that could potentially enrich the player experience without costing them (the player) more money, will never happen. This is EU.

(imo)

Anything that could potentially enrich the player experience without costing them more money, will never happen. This is EU.

I tend to disagree with that as, for example, there are some events with rewards that don't have entry fee.
Regardless, any suggestion to minimize that eventual problem?

Would help if the quests would be part of the mob loot system? Or some of them be bought from the NPC, as bribery?

Quests in the loot is an awesome idea!

Some quest ideias:
Craft X items of a type;
Mine X amount of a ore;
Kill X mobs of a type;
Deliver message to NPC;
Scan x different mobs;
<Add more>

Some reward ideas:
Double skill points for X hours for a certain profession;
X% discount from TT store;
Another quest;
<Add more>

Yes... quests might be a great addition to EU/FPC ...

Your quest ideas are simple...

Your quest reward ideas wont do well ..
for example:
2x skill gain for some time ? - .... certain skill prices would drop alot.. maybe ESI prices would go up..

% discount in TT store.. - hmm ... idk ... would make MA cry with discounts...

- as if :laugh: that could crash economy a bit :)

========================================
========================================

I was thinking about unique quest system..

I'm thinking about daily quests (could be done once per day or two)... in reward, you get ''AP - Adventure Points''
These points could be saved up till certain ammounts.

for example:

Quest:
Kill certain mob, and global X times. (this certain mob would change each day)

Reward:
10 AP

So, when you get a certain ammount of ''AP''.. lets say, 100 AP... you can visit specific NPC, to start a ''Roll''

As we all know, we have ''Reputation'' ingame...
And what for ? ... That reputation is useless..

When you roll, you could get increase in reputation, or get some kind of items with 0 TT value.

These items would need certain reputation ammount for use. :)
And ofcourse... these items would be ''Unique''..
Starting with clothes, weapons, armour, FAP's e.t.c

Clothes would be coloured & textured..

+ Weapons, armours & FAP's would have increased stats :)

and thats it...

The rewards could be traided to other players, and they would be random. Also, there would be a big chance of no reward, as the result of the assignement could not be the disared result or sudendly there was a change in plans from the NPC thaat requested it.
Quite good suggestion but this part I do not like! Quests is always something I've missed but figuring out a reward that is not worth money so to say has always been the big problem here, this might be a solution. With time based enhancers...

I tend to disagree with that as, for example, there are some events with rewards that don't have entry fee.
Regardless, any suggestion to minimize that eventual problem?

Would help if the quests would be part of the mob loot system? Or some of them be bought from the NPC, as bribery?

My apologies, I thought the OP was suggesting quests be programmed within EU.
:ahh:

I appreciate any community run events, questing or otherwise!

Also, there would be a big chance of no reward, as the result of the assignement could not be the disared result or sudendly there was a change in plans from the NPC thaat requested it.

"big chance of no reward"?:eek:
Like in the current loot system?:rolleyes:
Can I shoot the sneaky NPC at least? :handgun:

No, in normal games you do a quest, you get your reward.
Don't start this trend, MA is enough for us....

Good ideas, btw.

He was, wasn't he? :ahh:

But if we make the events then we pay for them, no?
We give the rewards.
I thought we were not paid well. :scratch2:

I'm sorry, community organized events are great, but it would be MA's job to entertain us.

actually it is a good idea MA to introduce some quests :) if reward is something like sweating :) they don't loose anything, and there will be a lot of people enjoying :yay:

especially helpful for noobies :)

one of the things I've always like about this game, is the fact that it doesn't have any quests. there is no 'path to follow' ... you actually get to create your own purpose. although, as long as the rewards don't give any otherwise unattainable advantages to anyone (which could basically make the quests necessary for good/proper character progression), it could give some people something to do when they run out of ped, or give some new players a chance or reason to explore and get used to the way things work around here. In that aspect, I'm all for it.

I appreciate any community run events, questing or otherwise!

I really mean in game quest/reward system.

It's really all about "Free will"

Actually while quests are good in some games in EU, I feel that quests might unbalance the game in ways that are unimaginable.

After all if you have to go on a quest and kill a mob that is designated, then it means you have to overlook the other mobs in the area.

Also with Crafting you should be able to try things out to see what you are good at.

And mining quests? again this applies much like the hunting quests would

I'm one of these folks who believes in "Free Will" and there are times when I might go hunting, other times, when I want to go mining (either with or without friends) and Crafting I feel should be done at my own leisure, and there are some days when I don't want to play at all.

I'm not anti-quest, I'm more pro-free will.

BenCoyote--

Actually while quests are good in some games in EU, I feel that quests might unbalance the game in ways that are unimaginable.

After all if you have to go on a quest and kill a mob that is designated, then it means you have to overlook the other mobs in the area.

Also with Crafting you should be able to try things out to see what you are good at.

And mining quests? again this applies much like the hunting quests would

I'm one of these folks who believes in "Free Will" and there are times when I might go hunting, other times, when I want to go mining (either with or without friends) and Crafting I feel should be done at my own leisure, and there are some days when I don't want to play at all.

I'm not anti-quest, I'm more pro-free will.

BenCoyote--

Although as a philosophy student I can't sanction your throw-away use of "free will", I do agree that completing quests shouldn't be necessary in advancing through the game. We currently have beacons, which are basically just another bonus in the loot system. I feel that if this type of thing was extended (and not only instances), and some suitable for low level players too, it would make the game a whole lot more interesting.

Instead of getting any extra loot as a reward (which would mean some way of paying for the quest so that MA do not lose out on it) per haps there could be an extra skill "Questing" and you get extra quest points for each quest you complete. Or maybe even give you a little sweat, this would encourage new players to take it up and try out hunting/crafting/mining instead of just sweating. If it encourages them to start depositing earlier then it would be a Good Thing for teh rest of us!

First of all thanks for all your feedback so far :yay:

I trully believe that the game would be much more interesting by having such system as the player would get more into the game. Specially if the quests have some history as background, by giving some tips of the past, present and future of the planet.

These quests would not bound the player in his progression, meaning that no one would be forced to do them. It would be only an extra stimulation to do something, a short term goal. Whomever played other MMO or even single player RPG's like games know the feeling of finishing a quest, the good feelling of acomplishment (who haven't posted they HOF screen shots, skill unlocks, etc here in the forum? doesn't it feel good?). Simply put the main intention is to give the player a feeling of satisfation on the short term, and get them glued to the game just to finish that specific quest.

The quests I placed in the initial post were just a template example suggestion. Some deeper though on them is necessary.

Regarding the award system, I like the mission/quest scoring for finishing them. It seams to be more resonnable to have such system, oposing to insta reward system. Each mission/quest would give some score depending on it's dificulty, the more dificult, more points would give.
Placing a bit in game, it could be something like planetarian merit, for helping in the fight/research/production/etc for all the society.

The merit could be changed for a special gift, such as having a personal talk with an important planet NPC that would give a small boost in a skill, or another game benefit (some mentionend in the initial post). These enhancers would be minimal or even cost huge amount of merit to get, to avoid unbaalicing the game or even the economy.

I prefer the game enhancement system, over any item or even PED as they wouldn't affect the game directly as they're benefit would be small.

One exception to the item reward is the looted quests. These quests would be golden quests, where the user actually would get, besides the merit, loot for completing it.
Also, and very important, the golden quests could be sold to other players, as they would have TT value.

---------------
One subject that was stated, and I tend to agree is the user created quests/challenges. Well, this quest system does not invalidate the user created quests, it could even help them.

Imagine a suport system where you could design and promote a quest, finance it and have other players paying to do them. A bit similar to curent event organization, but from a diferent perspective, with a speciffic goal.

Just a though.

Please continue providing feedback
PS: i'll edit the inital post to have a link to this one.

Bump bump up to the top :D

Very nice post, well thought out. +rep

Now if only such things were read by MA.

I know the planet partners will have traditional quests. But it would indeed be nice to have quest now, heres to hoping 10.3 has alot of cool things.

Voted yes but the sad reality based upon my experience since day 1 is this:

Anything that could potentially enrich the player experience without costing them (the player) more money, will never happen. This is EU.

(imo)

Back