FYI: Full story why Kimmi was locked from Entropa!

Status

Kimmi

Slayer
Kimmi Kimmi EFnet
Two weeks from today my account was locked, with no warning from Mindark what so ever. Two days after, I made a post here on EF asking if the community knew anything, other people beeing locked etc... and I started thinking what could have cause this. Some strage illegal software running in the background that I didnt know about was one, my IRL friends playing Kimmi when I was in India was another but more unlikely. A week after my account was locked I got first reply from MA saying my account was locked pending investigation.
My first post here on EF about this was made in total confusion since I didnt have clue what had happend, but I must say the general reply from the people that did take the time to reply in my post was, burn in hell bot user. Little strange that people think I would be smart enought to make a bot, but dump enought to use it ;)

What really happend after VU10!

When MA implemented VU10 it resulted that ALL account locked was UNLOCKED incl. long term bans and temp lockings.

Its important to remmeber that I can not prove this since I do not work for mindark, but after talking with alot of people we have encounted for many of the old users loging in after VU10. There is no reason to belive that this error would only unlock 10-20 people. If someone have a screenshot of an locked player this would ofc be welcomed.

You can ask yourself why didnt MA go public and warn people about this, since the first avatars to get locked was just few days after VU10.

These people took this golden chance to start selling off stuff. Some put items in auction, some put them in banks. Others contacted old friends and asked if they where interested in buying stuff.

Why do Kimmi and others hang with perm banned players?

In my case I borrowed an item from a very trusted and good friend of me, he was as unaware of this as me. I now know the exact route this items took, and four people are involved me beeing the last link. Even buying items from auction would not safe in this matter.

The frustrating parts isnt that MA want these illegal items out of the game again, its the fact they lock your account with no information, and it has now been two weeks for me now, and I still havent gotten any additional information about the future of my account. In this case noone is safe, one day your a bank ower and next day your picking tin cans of the street, or what Jolana.....

Why Mindak... why.. do the players have to pay again and again for your misstakes... this time I and others only missed a small event like SGA and dubble skills... but what if it was like big event with 10 argo storming twin. :rolleyes:

If MA really forgot to re-lock the locked accounts from VU9 to V10, I think a douchebag nomination is in order.

Gz MA...

I am still not quite sure what prooves your assumptions if you have had no news from MA ?

I am still not quite sure what prooves your assumptions if you have had no news from MA ?

I know now, that the item I borrowed comes from an perm locked accocunt. Since me and my friends traced back where this item came from, witch is pretty simple when we comunicate with eachother... something MA dont know how to :)

Or.. what assumption are you refering to? That locked accounts where unlocked in VU10? That is not an assumption but a fact.

Well if items from accounts locked pre VU10 have suddenly ended up in banks etc it would indicate those accounts got unlocked at some stage post VU10?

eventualy you will be unlocked but I don't see how MA will compensate you for the SGA and 2X skill you're missing :scratch2:

Two weeks from today my account was locked, with no warning from Mindark what so ever. Two days after, I made a post here on EF asking if the community knew anything, other people beeing locked etc... and I started thinking what could have cause this. Some strage illegal software running in the background that I didnt know about was one, my IRL friends playing Kimmi when I was in India was another but more unlikely. A week after my account was locked I got first reply from MA saying my account was locked pending investigation.
My first post here on EF about this was made in total confusion since I didnt have clue what had happend, but I must say the general reply from the people that did take the time to reply in my post was, burn in hell bot user. Little strange that people think I would be smart enought to make a bot, but dump enought to use it ;)

What really happend after VU10!

When MA implemented VU10 it resulted that ALL account locked was UNLOCKED incl. long term bans and temp lockings.

Its important to remmeber that I can not prove this since I do not work for mindark, but after talking with alot of people we have encounted for many of the old users loging in after VU10. There is no reason to belive that this error would only unlock 10-20 people. If someone have a screenshot of an locked player this would ofc be welcomed.

You can ask yourself why didnt MA go public and warn people about this, since the first avatars to get locked was just few days after VU10.

These people took this golden chance to start selling off stuff. Some put items in auction, some put them in banks. Others contacted old friends and asked if they where interested in buying stuff.

In my case I borrowed an item from a very trusted and good friend of me, he was as unaware of this as me. I now know the exact route this items took, and four people are involved me beeing the last link. Even buying items from auction would not safe in this matter.

The frustrating parts isnt that MA want these illegal items out of the game again, its the fact they lock your account with no information, and it has now been two weeks for me now, and I still havent gotten any additional information about the future of my account. In this case noone is safe, one day your a bank ower and next day your picking tin cans of the street, or what Jolana.....

Why Mindak... why.. do the players have to pay again and again for your misstakes... this time I and others only missed a small event like SGA and dubble skills... but what if it was like big event with 10 argo storming twin. :rolleyes:

ahh the old my good freind just happened to log in and i just happend to borrow some item from him bs as always

A bit of.. whatevah

Remembers me that thread ~ phoning MA 4m overseas,
the only difference - this time all data was under nose, :coffee:

just no simple entry on checklist before releasing 10.0.*
Gratz, beta tester Kimmi (paying 4 bugs instead of SGA) :wtg:

Hmmmm very bad situation for all concerned, especially unsuspecting bank owners and such.

Lie down with dogs and you get fleas!

Jamhot

This is all standard issue handling...shoot first aks questions
later or never...

Comunication is not in MA´s vocabulary..

eventualy you will be unlocked but I don't see how MA will compensate you for the SGA and 2X skill you're missing :scratch2:

if they didn't paid my trip i had to pay twice to cnd (2x25 ped) so basicly 25 ped, i doubt they will for an event..

if they didn't paid my trip i had to pay twice to cnd (2x25 ped) so basicly 25 ped, i doubt they will for an event..

MA usualy does't give free stuff, unless it's Xmas or halloween

So, a banned player loaned an item to someone (maybe to sell?), then that person loaned this item that did not belong to him to someone else, and then that person loaned this item that did not belong to him, to you?

We are supposed to believe this?

Actually, Kimmi's theory stands up, as I believe the owner of Veterans bank in Fort Argus was recently locked for no reason... which would also explain that...

Actually, Kimmi's theory stands up, as I believe the owner of Veterans bank in Fort Argus was recently locked for no reason... which would also explain that...

it wasnt locked for no reason plz read the whole of that thread

good luck hope it goes well

So, a banned player loaned an item to someone (maybe to sell?), then that person loaned this item that did not belong to him to someone else, and then that person loaned this item that did not belong to him, to you?

Basic of laundering and covering tracks is to involve as many ppl in the process and make the chain as long as possible. So the first ppl most likely knew what they were getting into, but the last maybe not...

I wonder if MA would ever lock Neverdie over this :scratch2:

Might want to look into if items ended up in his bank as well. If so call FOUL!

;)

It has always been rumored that some of the permanently banned people had made one or more new accounts (brothers,sisters,moms,dads name) and played with those. Those accounts can have made new friend circles and if the person could log in on their old account suddenly again they could transfer items etc easily to one of their new accounts and then sell them off to unsuspecting players.

I do not think any one is really surprised if something sloppy like that happened.

Cheers
Siam

Hmmmm very bad situation for all concerned, especially unsuspecting bank owners and such.

Lie down with dogs and you get fleas!

Jamhot

are they SGA fleas

Basic of laundering and covering tracks is to involve as many ppl in the process and make the chain as long as possible. So the first ppl most likely knew what they were getting into, but the last maybe not...

In that case one of Kimmi's friends would have had to knowingly use him to "hide" an item. Otherwise, why would they lend out an item, especially an expensive item, that did not belong to them?

I guess I don't care anyway. :p

I find it little strange that you, in the society you are in, with all the background arent aware that locked players loged into entropia after VU10 and started spreading out illegal items.

Dont get this wrong now, I dont meen cK are assosiated with banned players, but there are many old timers in your soc, that know alot of the old things that happend inside and outside of entropia. Since it was even a soc member of yours that confirmed some of the locked players loging in, since they still where on his friends list.

And you are partly correct, an banned player asked for help to sell an item, and my friend said he would help. This beeing a very good friend I got to try this item for fun, but unfortunaly few min after Mindark locked all accounts that had touched this. It was after this we all found out this player had infact been banned.

In that case one of Kimmi's friends would have had to knowingly use him to "hide" an item. Otherwise, why would they lend out an item, especially an expensive item, that did not belong to them?

Its sad you dont have any friends ingame to borrow stuff from for a day or just few hours.... or do you have such friends. Just dont expect me to have ?

MA is just dumb, I always though that if an account was permanently banned all items as skills would be deleted. if that was the case none of this would have appened.

so basicaly MA messed up double time, for not cleaning banned accounts and for unlocking then.

it's bad for the players caughtin the middle but don't forget that MA has logs and I wouldn't be suprissed that they loged chat messages during trades and such. So if you're just caught in the middle MA will probably unlock you

anyway, if someone told me "hey can you keep this item for me?" and showed me a uber weapon I would be very suspicious :scratch2:

I find it little strange that you, in the society you are in, with all the background arent aware that locked players loged into entropia after VU10 and started spreading out illegal items.

Dont get this wrong now, I dont meen cK are assosiated with banned players, but there are many old timers in your soc, that know alot of the old things that happend inside and outside of entropia. Since it was even a soc member of yours that confirmed some of the locked players loging in, since they still where on his friends list.

And you are partly correct, an banned player asked for help to sell an item, and my friend said he would help. This beeing a very good friend I got to try this item for fun, but unfortunaly few min after Mindark locked all accounts that had touched this. It was after this we all found out this player had infact been banned.

Yes, I knew about the banned players being back in game very soon after VU 10.0 was opened. That's not the part that sounds funny.

The part that sounded funny to me was a chain of 3/4 people lending an item. Maybe that's common practice, but I would never lend an item that I had borrowed (if I were to even borrow, which I almost never do).

Its sad you dont have any friends ingame to borrow stuff from for a day or just few hours.... or do you have such friends. Just dont expect me to have ?

You are misinterpreting what I said. I didn't say anything about not having friends. See my post above.

dude I found it hard to believe that you didn't knew the item was from a banned player when you were "trying it", also when you were whining on the other post, since your friend got locked as well and he knew the other player was banned.

everyone has to take responsability for their actions...

if the police caught someone with a 9 mm full automatic pistol and he/she sayed "I was only trying it" what do you think the police would do?

The soap continues :D

Some communication though from at least one party involved :scratch2: would be appropriate i think :whistle:

MA

Kimmi I can understand that you are in a bad spot, you had to borow money from the bank and some friends to get the bank ingame but you probably have noticed that you're the only banned player that posted about beeing banned in the forum.

it would be best if you hadn't, now you atracted uneeded attention to your problem.

I hope you get unlocked and that this serves as an example for everyone, you don't mess with MA, they know everything we do and I'm sure they have a good and naugty list.

use your head guys (and girls), most of us have alot of money invested in this game, why risk losing it all :scratch2:

All these people complaining about being locked out...
I wish I had been locked too -- at least I wouldn't be broke. :mad:

Status
Back