Achievement: Iron Man 10,000 Argonaut Completed

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
I think I'm the first to complete this, and as there is no mission sub-forum at present and 3/4 mission threads, I think it is easiest to put as an achievement.

Combat Reflexes or Perception was the choice:

I dont use that scanner tool at present so this is my Combat Reflexes "before":

and "after" :

11 Stamina:

Phew! :scared:

Might do the 1000 Molisk now. :sniper:

Just to get that straight you got ~60 PED worth of combat reflexes?

I mean Gratz to you but that does seem a lot for one mission.

Grats mate!

I dont use the tool (I'm lazy) but can confirm I went from 64.25 sniper to 64.50 sniper.

If that is 60ped worth, then yes that was my final reward and am very happy with it. :)

I dont use the tool (I'm lazy) but can confirm I went from 64.25 sniper to 64.50 sniper.

If that is 60ped worth, then yes that was my final reward and am very happy with it. :)

I checked going form 4430 to 5031 with the entropedia skill tool and it said ~60 PED worth of skill chip.

I cant help but think its a bug and instead of getting the equal of the first 600 points in skill value you got the full 600 points.

It would mean that right now somebody with 8k in combat reflexes would get like 390 PED worth of the skill for this mission.

I can't imagine this being intentional.

I checked going form 4430 to 5031 with the entropedia skill tool and it said ~60 PED worth of skill chip.

I cant help but think its a bug and instead of getting the equal of the first 600 points in skill value you got the full 600 points.

It would mean that right now somebody with 8k in combat reflexes would get like 390 PED worth of the skill for this mission.

I can't imagine this being intentional.

It may be that you get 601 points as a reward, and just in the same way that someone going from 100 Agility to 101 Agility receives a much "harder to naturally skill" boost, someone who has 4430 -> 5031 receives a greater boost than someone going from 1000 -> 1601 (for example).

omg Mega...what took you so long?!?! I kid, I kid - gratz mate...)))

btw, does that mean that atm you have the most stamina ig?

It may be that you get 101 points as a reward, and just in the same way that someone going from 100 Agility to 101 Agility receives a much "harder to naturally skill" boost, someone who has 4430 -> 5031 receives a greater boost than someone going from 1000 -> 1101.

I did the one Mission with the ashes were you get FA skill and i got 7 or 9 points can't remember but that equaled the 0,5 PED worth of skill people were reporting.
I assumed that all skill rewards were given out according to the skill chip value and not in points.

With Attributes it makes sense to give out in steps of 1 because its not balanceable, meaning either people with low Attributes get really a lot, or people with high get nothing.

But skills are best measured in skill chip value.

It just cant be that you get 60 PED worth of this skill and somebody with 10k would have gotten 600 PED worth of the skill for finishing the same mission.

Well i won't send in a bug report, but all i can do is advice everybody to do the Argo mission now and chose combat reflexes as reward. :)

omg Mega...what took you so long?!?! I kid, I kid - gratz mate...)))

btw, does that mean that atm you have the most stamina ig?

Thank you, but no, I'm aware that 10k Merp and 10k Warrior has already been completed.

I did the one Mission with the ashes were you get FA skill and i got 7 or 9 points can't remember but that equaled the 0,5 PED worth of skill people were reporting.
I assumed that all skill rewards were given out according to the skill chip value and not in points.

With Attributes it makes sense to give out in steps of 1 because its not balanceable, meaning either people with low Attributes get really a lot, or people with high get nothing.

I just cant be that you get 60 PED worth of this skill and somebody with 10k would have gotten 600 PED worth of the skill for finishing the same mission.

Well i won't send in a bug report, but all i can do is advice everybody to do the Argo mission now and chose combat reflexes as reward. :)

Just be aware you have to kill 16,600 before you get that reward. ;)

It just cant be that you get 60 PED worth of this skill and somebody with 10k would have gotten 600 PED worth of the skill for finishing the same mission.

maybe this is how FPC is showing appreciation for high skilled players, giving a real incentive to skill. I mean there must be some percs to being an uber ))

Posted via Mobile Device

Gratz man, for 16k merp was 25 tt peds weap hand so i guess more hp per mob more tt

Gratz man, for 16k merp was 25 tt peds weap hand so i guess more hp per mob more tt

Imagine what you get for the 10k Spider one! :eek:

I believe the skill value is correct. :)

Good Work Mega, very impressive indeed!

:rocket:

maybe this is how FPC is showing appreciation for high skilled players, giving a real incentive to skill. I mean there must be some percs to being an uber ))

Posted via Mobile Device

Well devaluating skills is hardly beneficial for anybody imo.

Ok that makes sense if its 60 PED for everybody its still rather a lot imo, but not a crazy amount. The 601 point increase just somewhat made me think that it was unintentional.

Imagine what you get for the 10k Spider one! :eek:

Now that are 16k kills i respect. ;)

Grats for completing it m8, u got it ahead of me what earns my respect :)

Just be aware you have to kill 16,600 before you get that reward. ;)
The 4430 you had before equal a 95 PED skill chip and how many Argo did you kill for that? If you put it in perspective its still a huge gain for anybody at medium level.

All good then, my bad, i just assumed you were done with devaluating skills but looks like you are not. :)

That skill increase is impressive :O

GRATZ on finishing this!

Grats for completing it m8, u got it ahead of me what earns my respect :)

Gratz. Very nice job, and very nice rewards. :)

Funny you should mention that. Just last night, new forum sections were added, including a section for missions.

However, I agree this is just fine as an achievement thread.

Thank you to the above, and to those hitting the Gratz button. Sorry JC, wasn't aware of the new forum too busy killing Argos. ;)

So, to those saying these mission rewards arent worth it:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/missions/186466-mission-rewards.html

I'm going to have to respectively disagree.

Obviously this is an achievement thread, but I deliberately posted the screenshots I did for those clever chaps who can work out the skill rewards and stuff. :)

Gratz Mega!!

I have to ask though - opinions - do you think that if the skill values are correct and everyone is getting 50+ PED skills on some of the missions, that this will drastically affect market prices very much, specifically on the skills that are given as mission rewards?

Gratz Mega!!

I have to ask though - opinions - do you think that if the skill values are correct and everyone is getting 50+ PED skills on some of the missions, that this will drastically affect market prices very much, specifically on the skills that are given as mission rewards?

It's a good question, I suppose it depends on how many will complete the 16600 mobs (takes many, many hours and ammo) and how many would consider selling the skill afterwards.

Mine isn't for sale btw - also gained nearly 1/2 a hp too :)

as a good friend of mine says a lot ... " well done ! " :D

Can't believe you didn't get a fancy "4 digit Mega argo" in the process ! :money:

I think commando will be no problem, if you keep this up! :cool: :sniper:

as a good friend of mine says a lot ... " well done ! " :D

Can't believe you didn't get a fancy "4 digit mega argo" in the process ! :money:

I think commando will be no problem, if you keep this up! :cool: :sniper:

Well today it was Bomo Bomo Bomo 's turn and congratulations to him, I'm sure he was very happy (3607 Ped) :)

I very much appreciate the "Well done"

I wonder what 16600 Molisk is....... :sniper:

You da man Mega!

Gz Bomo Bomo Bomo! :sniper: :yay:

I wonder what 16600 Molisk is....... :sniper:

the tooth fairy's dream come true :wise: :laugh:

I'm going in, to make some holes in the ground. :D

gz man :) i gave up after around 2000 and falling asleep 4-5 times in the process lol

lowbies revenge, for the higher people the attribute gain is better, for lower people the skill gain is more beneficial than it is to a higher level player. It's certainly not a trivial task to complete all 11 challenges so I don't know how much it will devalue skills since it's a lot easier to buy them than to do the challenges still. Waiting to see the araneatrox one too, and grats!

Gratz Mega! So you hadn't sneaked off to the pub after all! :laugh:

I disagree. To a relative noob the skill value would be lower, to an 'uberly' skilled player the value would be higher. Think of it as the more you've played, the more benefit you get from it. New players have the choice not to do it yet and gain a similar value of skill (or more) when they're ready.
Only if people decide to chip them out. And it does seem quite a grind to farm those 600 points IMHO. 16,600 Argos will take some time however you do it.

* * * * *​

As you may have noticed, Mega has a psychopathic hatred of Argos. This goes back to his childhood when an Argo ate Foofoo, the family pet that Mega was taking for a walk.
The sight of poor Foofoo dangling limp and messy and with slimy bits hanging out was to haunt Mega's nightmares throughout the coming years - years he devoted to training himself to eradicate this menace from Calypso!
This reknowned warrior then decked himself out in Vampire which looks very nice! Typical fighter - no good at shopping! :rolleyes:

Undeterred by drawbacks that would have caused many a lesser-committed Opalo hunter to sit down and cry, Mega started to shoot Argos. Then he shot some more of them. And a few more. Soon it became an addiction, killing Argos was what he was there for. "Must ... kill ..... Argos" was heard in blue chat more than once. It was a trying time for all of us in the Pyrates, seeing this addiction taking over Mega but we were there for him :)
He did have time off and went and shot some Drones recently and we had high hopes for a cure. But sadly, his addiction took hold once more and, with single-minded determination he set out to do make Argos extinct.
So that no more Foofoos may suffer at the hands of these ravening beasts, please help him all you can.

Thank you.

Foofoo? Stupid name for a tortoise anyway.

As you may have noticed, Mega has a psychopathic hatred of Argos. This goes back to his childhood when an Argo ate Foofoo, the family pet that Mega was taking for a walk.
The sight of poor Foofoo dangling limp and messy and with slimy bits hanging out was to haunt Mega's nightmares throughout the coming years - years he devoted to training himself to eradicate this menace from Calypso!
This reknowned warrior then decked himself out in Vampire which looks very nice! Typical fighter - no good at shopping! :rolleyes:

Undeterred by drawbacks that would have caused many a lesser-committed Opalo hunter to sit down and cry, Mega started to shoot Argos. Then he shot some more of them. And a few more. Soon it became an addiction, killing Argos was what he was there for. "Must ... kill ..... Argos" was heard in blue chat more than once. It was a trying time for all of us in the Pyrates, seeing this addiction taking over Mega but we were there for him :)
He did have time off and went and shot some Drones recently and we had high hopes for a cure. But sadly, his addiction took hold once more and, with single-minded determination he set out to do make Argos extinct.
So that no more Foofoos may suffer at the hands of these ravening beasts, please help him all you can.

Thank you.

You said you'd never tell. :cry:

Poor Foofoo!

Back