FYI: Making a RL 3D-model of a Valkyrie Mk1

What would you pay for an unpainted RL model?

• <US$10

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • <US$50

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • <US$100

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • >US$100

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
I refered to Nor Alien: "Now all we need to do is make a full sized working version of this!!"

oooooh... a working version! Yeah, way more than 9k PED! LOL

I saw a video of the Bugatti... turning that second key really takes the driver into HaulAssLand! :)

No response from Kawa so far.

I guess I will make my own attempt at ShapeWays next days. AlphaGeek reported the Valkyrie model worked well for him. Let's see.

Good point!
We are allowed to use grabbed models for private purpose only. Not for business. Each 3D-print costs money. But we are not allowed to purchase such models.

I got the following statement from FPC: If we plan to sell models we have to ask FPC first. If they allow us they will claim a fee.

In the end such a model will become very expensive: printing costs, FPC's fee and some PED markup for Kawa and me :D:cool:

But for now let's do a first test ... maybe we can improve the model. Than have a look for further steps. :wtg:

I think some crazy ppl out here are willing to pay a lot. :D

Okay, I got a halfway errorfree model after the first attempt with above 300000 errors - LOL!
I hope Kawa is able to repair it. If this happens I will do the last few works and we can make a shot. :)

car23.jpg

looking very good :)

I think some crazy ppl out here are willing to pay a lot. :D

I am sure you are right. But we are not allowed (and not willing) to sell them. Probably we will find another solution. ;) Just wait until we have a good 3D-print.

Can't resist to show you my relaxed and comfortable situation. I am thankful for all the "Wow! Great job!"-posts. But keep in mind: It's just fun for me. Sitting at our loggia at a beautiful late summer evening (22°C, medium cloudiness), hanging around at EF and Spiegel, drinking wine, listening to jazzradio-blues ... described in an old song of The Kinks: "Lazy at a sunny afternoon ... " ;)

Ahhhrg! Sent a wrong adress to Kawa ... he couldn't open the file. :rolleyes: Dammit! It'll take another day. But hey ...

Last edited:
Just to explain where really benefit comes from ... it doesn't come from playing FPC only. It comes from enjoying everything our world can offer (including FPC).

still_life_2.0.jpg

Explanation:
1 CAMEL filter cigarettes ... founded in 1913 the company was assumed by a dubious Japanese firm called JP
2 ZIPPO lighter
3 FOSSIL sun glasses
4 NONAME winemixer (0,95 Euro/litre ... delivered in a Tetrabox)
5 ZACK stainless steel ... ash-tray
6 IBM ThinkPad T13 (build in 2004 ... kinda)
7 planetcalypsoforum.com ... former known as EF
8 jazzradio.fr
9 LOGITECH wireless mouse
10 DER SPIEGEL subscribed print edition
11 KRISTIN's plants
12 The unpayable sunny afternoon

Hehe looks like reflecting to myself ever and ever ... probably you are right :laugh:

Kawa will test my last model this week. Guess we will know more within two days. :cool:

Puhhh ... I should rework my sigi

Finally!

Kawa made a first shot. It is 12cm long (~6 inch):

kawa_valkyrie_01.jpg

kawa_valkyrie_02.jpg

kawa_valkyrie_03.jpg

kawa_valkyrie_04.jpg

Well, looks a bit like after apoplexy ... the right side is disordered :laugh: We miss the rear fender and the frontwheel and it's suspension arn't okay.

Kawa is at a fair next days and cannot do much. But we will try to fix the bugs.

Last edited:
I say its a very good start!! I like it cause now if I get one I can customize the colors and textures myself!! :D

looks GREAT already even with the few glitches it has.
So when can we expect the 6-wheeled Pitbull :D

I am not happy with this attempts.

I've checked something else today. Since all this world is pretty large I decided to test a version in 1:87 - wich is one of the usual model railroad scale. That means: A woman like me (1,95 meters) would be 22,5 millimeters high, the new Pitbull would be 115 millimeters long. An alternate could be the usual car model scale 1:43. Me = 45 millimeters high and the Pitbull 233 millimeters long. But this dimensions lead to really high costs in 3D-printing.

I've learned something from this try with the Valkyrie. Stay tuned ... I will post the new strategy soon. :cool:

Back