Who is in charge of monitoring planet partners?

confirmed as bug, and fixed it at weekend
now asking what will the mined sweat lot of thousand :)

the interesting thing is the bug itself. How is it possible to claim something different than a resource.

Wrong lookup-table? When yes, then has a planet partner access to it?

If no, then something else must have messed up things. Are those in control of MA or the planet partner.

It depend how you see the things...
ND got many problem with is enormous ego , but he for sure did lure zillion of people around PE , player , investor , compagny...he made shit load of advert,speak about game in TV,radio ...
What did death for the game ?
Yes , the first 2 or 3 week there was some article in some news paper , but who ever would have buy the island back then would get exactly same attention...But after that , what he did?
It true that he often agree to help to create evnt in his castel , and that very nice from him...
But , i dont see him create much event in all his LA...

IMHO , ND have some bad side , but he pay back the "free" money out of LA with big advert... what do death to pay for that ?

From my point of view , but i am maybe wrong , MA use LA and big salle to create some PR...maybe i wrong ...

about monitoring , it has been said that MA have last word on many thing like item , salle LA or stuff like that...I dont think MA care about name people use for their item or LA...has long as they dont drown market under big amount of stuff.

What have you done to promote this game?
I am getting seriously pissed with people who do not know either Death or ND comparing them.
ND may have a big ego but he has the right to have one after all his accomplishments(although I still dislike Rocktropia).
So what if Death doesn't advertise this game all over the world, he is a land owner, not head of marketing for MA.

And no I do not personally know either Death or ND, aside from running into them a couple times.

BTW, what is a zillion?

Once again:

- The question is whether the kind of promo activities ND is involved in do rather attract or rather distract people. (Read forum posts, blog and article comments on media not related to EU...)

- Attracting people to the 'game" is one thing but keeping them in the game does not play in the same ballpark, it "ain't no fuckin' ballpark neither".

Keeping people in game is the result of countless hours of unpaid 'work' done by a multitude of caring Entropians who day in day out...
- help newbies
- fill wikis
- organize events
- write articles
- provide tools
- host radio shows
- create fiction

Credit them instead of people who work for their own profit first and foremost.

Before I invested I went through the many potential issues that can arise.
I discussed, and continue to discuss, these issues with Arkadia Studios and MindArk.

Yes there is the potential to receive information in advance, and yes some of this information may be economically sensitive.

Arkadia Studios and I are well aware of this and as the planet gets closer to launch there will be information made available (and visible, not buried on page X of a forum thread) that explains how this issue, and the other issues, are being handled.

If people find flaws in how things are being handled I am more than happy to discuss it and I am sure that Arkadia Studios and MindArk and even the other Planet Partners would be interested too.

Do remember that it is not in my interest to disrupt or damage the Entropian economy since that has negative flow on effects to all of my operations in-world.

It is much more preferable from both a personal and business perspective to have a happy and healthy economy :)

- Deathifier

My sweet brudah from down undah, I agree with you and am on par with MS9 regarding taste and tasteless matters. The dark evil decor on RT speaks for itself and I for one dont like it. Then there is the matter of you not being so focused on self-upliftement and more on product focus itself, which in my opinion says you have class and taste in such matters. neither do you feel it nececary to affiliate yourself with dodgy characters the way ND chose to. You dont, whereupon most in the community love you more for it. Ye I agree with MS9, the self-docu of ND was a bit tastless and revealing that ND by affiliation alone, may ruin his own fan-base. Not entirelly tho cos there are peops out there who love, demons, pentagrams, hell and satan, blood and gore, Ozzie and kiss, etc.

I loved ND in the old days during CL, Pink Saturdays, etc. If only JJ couldve stuck to developing his own talents with regards to music and being a vocalist without affiliating himself with the demon-screaming hard metal side of Hollywood, he would have way more fans. And a touch of class can go a long way in EU. Correct me if i am wrong please.

Deep Escoterically speaking, you must be a moron to choose the losing side in a predetermined outcome. Or put your trust in a reputed liar for the sake of fame, success and wealth when you can attain it all through talents alone. Not trying to be religious here but the RT decor is of a religious nature, albeit the other side so too with most metal bands.

Dont missunderstand me, I dont despise Jon Jacobs, especially what I know of Him in person. But I cant negate that in time he has changed. Vanity ,arrogance and ignorance causes him to lose touch with his gaming community. I had hope that he would be intelligent enough to be above all things of a lesser nature. Not losing your individuality through influences by your surroundings and peops. What I mean is, if Lemmy or Rudolph do rituals and worhip satan, it doesnt mean you have to choose the same for yourself. Not saying that he does but what if? If and when I have two beautifull children, I as a responsible parent would NOT want to expose them to such things. But thats me.

A Motorhead cover song reads as follows: (Baphomet's Blood - "Blood, Vomit & Satan")

This is just but one of many I am using as a example here.

Now what does that say to you??? motorhead does not venerate the loser satan? i beg to differ.

if per chance Lemmy, Kevin or Jon reads this, I want you to know I dont hold it against you for being decieved yourselves. But I want you to know this; You do NOT have to keep honouring a contract with simiazas simply because he himself as a reputed beguilar and liar has not been truthfull to you at all from the start. Thus that agreement/contract can be declared Nul and Void in a spiritual way. I myself am, by choice, a Adventist, (the most hated by satan), and a fan of sorts of Roger Morneau, who was involved in demon worship, lived in that world for many months, and escaped alive. He is able to give us inside information about it. It does not conform with popular notes of who parttakes and what the activities are. Roger was elected to be a member of an elite group of demon worshipers. When he was about to be permanently initiated he asked for help from higher powers to leave it alive.

if you so wish, you may watch his entire story here:

Pretty insightfull if you have the patience to watch all 20 parts.

Last edited:
What have you done to promote this game?
many different little things...

I am getting seriously pissed with people who do not know either Death or ND comparing them.
ND may have a big ego but he has the right to have one after all his accomplishments(although I still dislike Rocktropia).
I was in same soc with ND for like 5 or 6 years....
I will not say that i know him, but i had time to speak with him more than 1 time.and something sure , he was always a total true bieliver in EU.
So what if Death doesn't advertise this game all over the world, he is a land owner, not head of marketing for MA.

And no I do not personally know either Death or ND, aside from running into them a couple times.
Well , MA do big salle like TI or CND for advert , not just to make some people rich....
And anyway , my post was mainly a reply to MS9.

BTW, what is a zillion?
Its between a billion and a gadzillion :D

.he made shit load of advert,speak about game in TV,radio ...

I never saw or heard anything of the sort.
Must of been a local advertisement, or one of those little bitty internet stations...:dunno:

the interesting thing is the bug itself. How is it possible to claim something different than a resource.

Wrong lookup-table? When yes, then has a planet partner access to it?

If no, then something else must have messed up things. Are those in control of MA or the planet partner.

Sweat has all the traits of being a special type of enmatter resource. it is now used in crafting and was always able to be refined

To clarify

You may have been in the same soc as ND, in which case my statement about people who do not know ND or Death comparing them doesn't apply to you.
There are lots of posts on this thread comparing ND and Death, and most of them insulting one or the other. I was responding to all of them in general, sorry if you thought my comment was directed at you alone.
Also, selling of big land areas is a form of advertising, but it still doesn't fall to the owner to continue advertising. Someone else did bring up a point that Death does advertise in Australia.
Frankly it shouldn't fall to the players to advertise the game(although to ND's credit it probably did help CND). MA is terrible at advertising.
I mean has anyone ever seen a banner add, or a promotion in a gaming mag for this game?

@CuilwenOnnedhie

Wow wow wow.. Calm down, talk about going overboard! :eyecrazy:

There are lots of posts on this thread comparing ND and Death, and most of them insulting one or the other.
I do not insult any of them , they are both nice and respectable people, and i do respect them.
They both are friend of mine , so they know ( i hope) i mean no harm.

I was responding to all of them in general, sorry if you thought my comment was directed at you alone.
Also, selling of big land areas is a form of advertising, but it still doesn't fall to the owner to continue advertising. Someone else did bring up a point that Death does advertise in Australia.
Frankly it shouldn't fall to the players to advertise the game(although to ND's credit it probably did help CND).
True , its up to MA to advert the game.
I was just underlining that , even if ND have and increadible ego(but hell it did bring him where he is now) , he did a lot of stuff for the game.And i think its unfair to never speak about it.
I am happy to hear that death did some stuff in australia.

MA is terrible at advertising.
It depend on your way to see the things , i kinda agree with you.MA tend to do cheap advert , like sell TI...
its advert that bring you some money , and many new player.It seems to be a good idea at first look.... but when you think about it , maybe all the money that TI did bring to death , if it was use for normal advert , would maybe have bring more people in the long run...
In other hand , MA keep doing those big selle , they maybe see it pay better.

I mean has anyone ever seen a banner add, or a promotion in a gaming mag for this game?

MA did some try , there was even banner during SGA ...

:)

Once again your spouting crap you know nothing about.

Do you see anywhere in my post where I say anything negative about ND?
My post was solely about Deathifier and nowhere did I even mention ND.

Infact if you take a look at the other thread Vote: remove ND "branding" from Next Island? (which I think is a witch hunt btw) you will see my thoughts on ND and NI.

Please before you post again read the posts properly or do a little research because so far you just look like a dipshit.

Man that just made my day. +rep

Wow wow wow.. Calm down, talk about going overboard! :eyecrazy:

I know sry. I get carried away sometimes. LOL ty for pointing that out:ahh: ( I do love ND enough, to want him to save his mortal soul. As a friend he means that much to me.)

Ive never been to NI yet. Tho sweat-mining? Thats gotto be a slap in the face in a hard way to everyone who ever struggled for months gathering loads of sweat and any current sweat gatherers. I see nothing wrong with leaving the sweating as it always was because using it in crafting now would encourage peops to keep at it sweating mobs. And may improve the price. Mining it just isnt on at all, and might just ruin it from ever growing in vallue. Ehm, I think. Might even cause the sweaters to abandon their proffesion entirelly to do only fruit, stone and dung collecting. Unless those things are going to be mined on new planets. Whats a nib gonna do then?

Last edited:
Just My Two Cents....

To the two above me. i understand your trying to clarify issues, but please do them via PM. no one else needs to read it.

as for the whole concept of employees owning land and creating land. MA decides if there is going to be land grabs or not. well... the planet does. but that's not the point.

the point is, if the employees are bidding on the land like anyone else, then i see no issues. they are bound by the same set of player rules as the rest of us. enforced by others at the company. if MA offers land in a contract, it is there game an they are allowed to do so. the person may sell it off if they don't want it, or otherwise must run the land as any other player would.

now, onto the neverdie issue.

ND is just a player, he mortgaged his house to pay for CND. and then from the money he made on CND as well as the sale of it, he used as collateral for a planet. he is not just a business partner but a player. and originally a player before all else. he made enough to buy a planet and that's what this game is about to a lot of people.

restricting ND would do more harm then good because just his purchases on the game have brought in more people than MA adverts have ever done. It's Stories like his that draw in the new crowd with the "i have a chance to make it big" attitudes.

also just a month ago Neverdie put 2000 USD worth of PED aside just to buy sweat from new players on rocktopia for 5PED/1k and he stored all of it without any intent to use it.

do you really think someone who would help the community in such a way would try and destroy it?

also the money he got to build rocktopia was on a loan. if he does anything to kill off the game. then he kills off himself. his company, and his source of income. rocktopia to him is what the entropia universe is to MA. kill the game and you will destroy the people running it.

put more faith in the developers people. no company is intentionally going to ruin there game. the have financial advisers, economic advisers, software development advisers all coming out the wazoo. there should be no need to question such things, cause each and every one of those people knows that making a quick buck could put them out of work.

EDIT: what i wrote about Neverdie was just to clarify some of the recent babbling i've heard about. t his in no way shape or form is for any singular person on these boards. I'm certainly not about to take sides in the argument, I'm just posting what I've heard from trusted sources and seen for myself. i do not in any way shape or form want to start a flame war, and if you have any problems with what I've written PM me on PCF. i will read and consider what anyone has to say.

Reactions: Lee
@Deadverse..
Thank you for the advice but If I want to post in a thread I will post,when you become a moderator you can moderate my posts.They are all relevant to the discussion of Planet Partners and their practices.

As for the rest of your post I most certainly agree,they have more to lose being a planet owner but the real question comes in to it when we talk about the security of information in the companies themselves not just what the planet owner/development team has privilege to.

Tbh its a subject that has always come up even before planet partners where even thought of.
Who's to say there is not someone working for MA/FPC etc passing on info to a 3rd party to take advantage of.
It could be as simple as someone going for a tour through any of the PP studios and seeing that someone is working on a new land release,A smart person could use that information.
There has been suggestion of impropriety in the past but they are all just rumors and conspiracy theories and thats likely how they will all end up as we are not likely to be kept in the loop on such matters.

Its not something we as players can really control or act on and I think we already know what MA's policy on it is but are they enforcing that policy I think is another good question and perhaps the crux of this whole thread.

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod's comment:

As I understand it, the topic of this thread is questions about what Planet partners do and do not have full control over, and whether they are allowed to profit in multiple ways from those controls, not just from the decay revenue.

I fail to see how ridiculous compare/contrast debates over Deathifier vs ND's personalities helps further this topic, other than create the exact type of argument I just had to clean up.

If any planet partner staff, or those w/ info feels comfortable sharing non-classified info, great. Give us direct info, and we can debate those details and have great fun. Otherwise, we're simply arguing for arguments sake, and that simply makes more work for me.

Mod's comment:

As I understand it, the topic of this thread is questions about what Planet partners do and do not have full control over, and whether they are allowed to profit in multiple ways from those controls, not just from the decay revenue.

I fail to see how ridiculous compare/contrast debates over Deathifier vs ND's personalities helps further this topic, other than create the exact type of argument I just had to clean up.

If any planet partner staff, or those w/ info feels comfortable sharing non-classified info, great. Give us direct info, and we can debate those details and have great fun. Otherwise, we're simply arguing for arguments sake, and that simply makes more work for me.

As I understand it the title of this thread is 'Who is in charge of monitoring the planet partners' and not necessarily what PP do and do not have control over.Its whether they can be trusted with what they know and who is keeping an eye on it.

And actually it wasn't a compare/contrast between ND and Deathifier it was simply someone who couldn't comprehend what they were actually reading and just wanted to troll.If that person had read the replies properly you wouldn't have had anything to clean up but hey trolls must troll or you'd have very little to do ;)

It was an example of how planet partners can be trusted with the sort of info they have which is exactly on topic for what we are discussing here.

So if you can stick to policing what is and isn't against the rules and let us decide how we interpret a topic and how we post that should make less work for you :)

As I understand it the title of this thread is 'Who is in charge of monitoring the planet partners' and not necessarily what PP do and do not have control over.Its whether they can be trusted with what they know and who is keeping an eye on it.

And actually it wasn't a compare/contrast between ND and Deathifier it was simply someone who couldn't comprehend what they were actually reading and just wanted to troll.If that person had read the replies properly you wouldn't have had anything to clean up but hey trolls must troll or you'd have very little to do ;)

It was an example of how planet partners can be trusted with the sort of info they have which is exactly on topic for what we are discussing here.

So if you can stick to policing what is and isn't against the rules and let us decide how we interpret a topic and how we post that should make less work for you :)

its not good to troll a moderator jod quit wile you are ahead old boy you pointed out that i wasn't a mod but john is just leave it son your trolling is falling onto deaf ears

As I understand it...

OK, let me make things more clear...

Your "debate" w/ Mike got reported to the mods and I agreed it was worth moderating to try to save this thread from flaming out.

Before I invested I went through the many potential issues that can arise.
I discussed, and continue to discuss, these issues with Arkadia Studios and MindArk.

Yes there is the potential to receive information in advance, and yes some of this information may be economically sensitive.

Arkadia Studios and I are well aware of this and as the planet gets closer to launch there will be information made available (and visible, not buried on page X of a forum thread) that explains how this issue, and the other issues, are being handled.

If people find flaws in how things are being handled I am more than happy to discuss it and I am sure that Arkadia Studios and MindArk and even the other Planet Partners would be interested too.

Do remember that it is not in my interest to disrupt or damage the Entropian economy since that has negative flow on effects to all of my operations in-world.

It is much more preferable from both a personal and business perspective to have a happy and healthy economy :)

- Deathifier

(Red text highlighted by me)

At least the OP's question was answered here by the only person with the balls to step up and speak.

The planet partners set the policy themselves on the issue of the owners and developers competing against the players.

I applaud FPC for taking the proper path on this and not allowing their employees to play as regular players. I guess time will tell on the rest.

Respect to Deathifier for communicating directly with the playerbase and not through an email to a player.

On the issue of integrity brought up in this thread - it doesn't matter.

The appearance of impropriety is to be avoided at all costs by businesses who want the respect of their customers. Any business that allows their employees, investors or owners to compete directly against their customers is asking for constant questioning of their integrity. It'll never end.

How many people still believe that MA "gifted" CND to Neverdie by taking the servers down right before the auction ended? Was it true?

It doesn't matter.

In MMO games where real money isn't even involved, a literal shitstorm erupts anytime there is a question of the developers employees getting inside information about playing the game or even favoring regular players in some way.

Here is an example:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...llegations-of-developer-corruption-in-eq2.ars

The last paragraph of the article says it well:

" But whether they like it or not, these questions of ethics won't simply go away, and they require a measured and honest response to keep the fanbase—and by extension profit margins—intact. In games where the mighty banhammer falls heavy on those misguided players who even brush with the EULA, is it so much to expect that the developers offer it the same respect? "

Now would be a good time to auction Treasure Island and your other properties off, what with MA generously waiving the fees to withdraw large sums of money. Set the auction to end the day before MA's does. That way whoever finishes second in the auction for TI can purchase Medusa's Head if they choose to.

Last edited:
How many people still believe that MA "gifted" CND to Neverdie by taking the servers down right before the auction ended? Was it true?

no there was BO 1,000,000 ped
1 month auction time
ND give BO third day

no there was BO 1,000,000 ped
1 month auction time
ND give BO third day

I dont remember it being like that.

I dont remember it being like that.

SPACE RESORT SOLD! 24 Oct 2005
The ASTEROID SPACE RESORT was today, 24th of October 2005, bought by avatar "Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs" for a sum of 1,000,000 PED (100,000 US Dollar)!

The public auction offering the Space Resort started Friday 21st of October at a staring price of 1 PED, and with a buyout price of 1,000,000 PED. The response to the news of the Space Resort was immediate – just during the weekend eight parties approached MindArk expressing serious interest in purchasing it. Just three days after the launch, the buyout price was met by Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs, before the competition.

We congratulate him on his purchase and look forward to a grand opening around Christmas time!

SPACE RESORT SOLD! 24 Oct 2005
The ASTEROID SPACE RESORT was today, 24th of October 2005, bought by avatar "Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs" for a sum of 1,000,000 PED (100,000 US Dollar)!

The public auction offering the Space Resort started Friday 21st of October at a staring price of 1 PED, and with a buyout price of 1,000,000 PED. The response to the news of the Space Resort was immediate – just during the weekend eight parties approached MindArk expressing serious interest in purchasing it. Just three days after the launch, the buyout price was met by Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs, before the competition.

We congratulate him on his purchase and look forward to a grand opening around Christmas time!

Ah, Quite right, I thought it was closer to the end of the auction :)

Further info here https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?12288-NEVERDIE-s-last-word-on-the-subject!

Ive read through this thread and there is more red tape for planet partners than you think - If you have read the details in the Planet Partners Agreement you would understand the red tape, though i have not signed the agreement (dont have the backing nor the capital for what mindark require) but has been interesting reading learning about the challenges planet partners face and an interesting perspective on MAs business plan to expanding the entropia universe .

Pointing out every mob, items, statistical information regarding mob dna, hp , threat level, attributes. Limits of estates, shops, malls, banks etc.. all go through the balancing staff at Mindark before implementation, and Mindark always have the final say, planet partners can request in writing if a mob has special features that relates to storyline or the environment of habitat.

Neverdie explained about the server layer issue regarding to no mobs spawning , in fact some mobs i think are missing on Neverdie Island as well.

Any inside information that planet partners have in relation to effect the Real Cash Economy and used in a malicious manner damaging market values, property costs is direct violation of the Planet Partners Agreement and heavy penalties apply - Cause Mindark PE AB is a licenced Bank of Sweden - Insider Trading Charges could be laid. Its that serious. So don't think that any planet partner will be allowed to effect in game changes relating to market prices nor will they risk it.

More information is mentioned in other threads in this part of the forum .

Cheers:)

Back