New respawn rate

das

Elite
Society
The Ministry
dasouth Genious dasouth
Just wanted to mention that the new respawn rate SUCKS BIGTIME.
Whoever tested this at MA's office should try it again, this time wo mod shadow, T10 doa & + lvl 100 Evader.
For now, Bye bye hunts in D3 (only possible to hunt there by exploiting).
Killing 1 hunter at the corner of the dome & getting 3-4 respawns on you're ass is unacceptable!
But, happy hunting to those 75 ppl with uber armor, hope they pay all you're bills :laugh:

Das

I dont know if its re-spawn rate or just re-spawn position,everything just re-spawns right on top of you now.

Dont know what it is with MA but they seem determined to make to game as frustrating and annoying as possible.

Its hard to see any logic other than another cash grab when sense would seem to suggest if you make it more fun more will do it,make it less fun less will do it.

Goodluck ever getting MA to see this though.

no luck needed, just another place to avoid (less decay for MA)
Guess who wins in the end? :laugh:

Faster respawn good - mobs you can handle 1 at a time spawning right behind your back baaaad!

It's fun when you hunt something small to medium as you don't have to run around looking for red dots, but it doesn't work with high end mobs. A little slower spawn rate isn't really what anyone wants, the mobs should just spawn 150m from nearest green dot, if possible.

Maybe we should send support cases with a suggestion like that... :wise:

What I want to say is - the new respawn rocks! I am so going to be hunting thousands of foul as you can now :yay:

But maybe LA owners need to make some support tickets and ask if the new density / respawn settings are here to stay? And if so, lower teh settings in some big mob LA-s?

I think the faster respawn is great, but perhaps there needs to be some tweaking of spawns if they are becoming overwhelming. I haven't had this problem myself in the places I've been hunting.

If Dome 3 is a place where it's problematic then Buzz could just reduce the Kreltin numbers.

I've experienced the faster respawn.

I can see both sides of the argument. If you are hunting well below your equipment and skill level (for example some of the easier Iron challenges (Merp, Foul, Corn for example) then you'd welcome the faster respawn in order to complete it faster. Obviously its a benefit for the massacre that will take place for the Merry Mayhem too and result in less fights with there being more green dots than red.

Conversely, if you are tackling mobs at or above your level (so that one at a time is plenty), this would be very frustrating.

Personally, I hope the respawn rate is reduced after Merry Mayhem to how it was previously. :)

I hope Mega is correct, couse as it is now..
If loot in d1 sucks, I'll just log instead of trying something else

i like the new spawn rate on planet . it's good for hunters but more difficult for miners . can't please everyone . a remember some time ago players complaining about mobs spawns being scarce, planet being almost mob empty . now players say spawn is too fast :grumble:
who can understand them ?
and about dome 3 : that is a private property and the slider with mob density isn't in Marco's drawer but on Buzz's hand , so stop complaining about things that aren't MA/FPC 's fault .

i agree, the change is bad... the faster spawn isn't really the problem though, that is fine... it is the fact that they spawn right on your head every time thats the problem

i like the new spawn rate on planet . it's good for hunters but more difficult for miners . can't please everyone . a remember some time ago players complaining about mobs spawns being scarce, planet being almost mob empty . now players say spawn is too fast :grumble:
who can understand them ?
and about dome 3 : that is a private property and the slider with mob density isn't in Marco's drawer but on Buzz's hand , so stop complaining about things that aren't MA/FPC 's fault .

It isn't in the LA settings, it'ssomething they changed recently.. I noticed this in d1 also but I don't care there couse they are easy anyway & enough ppl usually hunt there to keep the mobs moving.
D3 is usually empty & then it does become a problem.

Ah, the spawn bug!
I send a support ticket about this yesterday.

I hate when mobs keep respawning in inner circle of radar, like it is now i can shoot at one mob and all of a sudden i can have 2-4 more mobs attacking me :(

Makes decay hungry MA happy, but not me.

Like it is now if I hunt in a LA, I stand outside LA border and tag mobs one by one from inside of LA, LA owner gets tax anyway so its ok, can't do this in events though.

I dont know if its re-spawn rate or just re-spawn position,everything just re-spawns right on top of you now.

Dont know what it is with MA but they seem determined to make to game as frustrating and annoying as possible.

Its hard to see any logic other than another cash grab when sense would seem to suggest if you make it more fun more will do it,make it less fun less will do it.

Goodluck ever getting MA to see this though.

I noticed this to.

I seem to get a lot more respawners right inside agro range then used to be.
I think they have a new algorithm to spread respawning mobs more on empty area's instead of random over the entire spawn area. Unfortunately most empty area's contain the hunter who just cleared the area in question.

Cheers
Siam

I would welcome increased spawn rate, but only under one condition: make mobs less aggro or non-aggro!
Additionally mob should stick only to player who wounded it and lose aggro after that player dying.

This would solve mob trains problem and would be more miner friendly.

Answer from support:

Hi,
Thank you for your report. I have forwarded this to the responsible department. They will investigate the issue, and if they find any errors these will be adjusted and fixed in an upcoming release.

Unfortunately I will not able to provide any information about the future progress of this bug; instead I recommend that you keep an eye on future Release Notes.

Happy holidays!

At least support also calls it a bug :)

i don't hunt but i noticed the quick respawn, which has been fast for about 3 weeks. perhaps it is to help mayham run smoothly. fingers crossed its readjusted.

kosmos

Dammit stop complaining about this improvement - if you continue to do so I will send support cases complaining that there is too much loot :laugh:

not every mob is affected

merps - yes
atrax - yes
falx -no
evisc -no

Personally I like it :(

not every mob is affected

merps - yes
atrax - yes
falx -no
evisc -no

Personally I like it :(

Dunno about Falx but Evis at the volcano have definitely been spawning more than they used to. I think it's a universal change.

Just done an atrox hunt at Fort Ithaca, on my return to the city, Atrox kept repawning on me
all the way to the teleporter. So we have now mobs respawning inside safe cities ?

Already noticed days before this, that ambulimax respawning on top of me,
while standing next to the teleporter at Neas Place.
This could be fun, soon you can even die while crafting or at storage or browsing auctions.

Special thanks to whoever killed those atrox for me, I was out of ammo. :laugh:

Last edited:
Back