Situation Vacant: Hurrikane's Job.

Looking very much like we're going to start at Stage 3 now, it seems best all round. I'll know by the 26th how many teams we have on the register and how the group Stage will run.

Still calling it Stage 3 as that keeps the archives in line.

All teams will recieve a reminder one week from now to register their full Main Team-list by February 26th

The Stage 3 moblist will appear in all team threads on February 27th. You'll have a nice practice opportunity before the Hunts begin to work out your best strategy.

For dates, follow the calendar; just miss out Stage 1&2:)

Pass it on..... recruit... get ready.

Hurrikane

I'm starting to like the idea of losing the Qualifiers this year. Starting in April right into Stage 3 would make sense and might even get me a 'net provider if I look around enough.

Thanks for all the suggestions and messages of support by the way. The WoF'll never die:)

Hurrikane

Looking very much like we're going to start at Stage 3 now, it seems best all round. I'll know by the 26th how many teams we have on the register and how the group Stage will run.

Still calling it Stage 3 as that keeps the archives in line.

All teams will recieve a reminder one week from now to register their full Main Team-list by February 26th

The Stage 3 moblist will appear in all team threads on February 27th. You'll have a nice practice opportunity before the Hunts begin to work out your best strategy.

For dates, follow the calendar; just miss out Stage 1&2:)

Pass it on..... recruit... get ready.

Hurrikane

If we are not starting till April, do we have to submit teams at the end of this month...? Wouldnt it be good to have more time to recruit?

dont sure where to make post so I make here :)
if isn't too late i can join any WOF team ( ofc if any is interesed to add me :))
350k+ total skill
armor : supremacy without 3 parts
many good L weapon maxed
So if any team is interesed send me pm :)

Greeting Pavilon

Join us...

dont sure where to make post so I make here :)
if isn't too late i can join any WOF team ( ofc if any is interesed to add me :))
350k+ total skill
armor : supremacy without 3 parts
many good L weapon maxed
So if any team is interesed send me pm :)

Greeting Pavilon

Yeah you can join Team Eudoria if you like :)

If we are not starting till April, do we have to submit teams at the end of this month...? Wouldnt it be good to have more time to recruit?

I believe the date for team registration is remaining the same so that we have the amount of teams participating confirmed. The reason for that is that the number of teams taking part will determine if a one-off hunt is needed to eliminate any teams to fit the structure of the WoF.

Of course after the registration date has passed you can still add players to your team if you haven't filled up all the 12 available slots and of course support can join throughout the whole competition... at least that's how I remember it... I think it's still the same.

I think it's hard ennough to motivate anybody to participate in the WoF this year, so I would not mind having an extended recruiting period if we go to stage 3 anyway. We can lock the amount of teams if that's the problem pull them at random...

I don't have a good feeling about the WoF anyway... it's clearly lost it's appeal to most to just waste bullets for glory and honour...

I don't have a good feeling about the WoF anyway... it's clearly lost it's appeal to most to just waste bullets for glory and honour...

... like most things when they grow up. Childhood vs. everyday life as adult, first love vs. 20 years wedlock, Olympic Games 1896 vs. Olympic Games 1996, Project Entropia vs. Entropia Universe ...

I am pretty sure that I know what you're feelings are. In Truman Capote's "Grassharp" it's described "... but those where the wonder years." (If I remember right. Couldn't find the complete original quote, sorry.)

Accept it: Childhood, first love, Olympic Games 1896, Project Entropia, WoF 2007 are gone and can't be revived. Never. All have lost their innocence during the years. Win a new point of view!

Maybe I'm oversimplifying this.. but if you live in a mobile home why dont you just park outside a starbucks or something with free wifi?

I think it's hard ennough to motivate anybody to participate in the WoF this year, so I would not mind having an extended recruiting period if we go to stage 3 anyway.

For me it's not a problem about recruitment, but rather that the longer time it is between end of recruitment and first (-last) match, there is a bigger risk things happen we have no control over.

I can report in a mainteam by deadline, but it is likely that a month after it's been reported and before first match there will be some players that have to change place.

So if you want a preliminary main team list, to get a hint over which/number of teams will be in it (to plan match schedules), it's no problem, but it would be nice if the deadline for the members of main team would be moved closer to first match. Preferably with freedom to both add, remove and replace members on the submitted list, or a confirmation that we may submit a less than full main team and then add people to the main team list without problem (as long as the newly added main team members hasn't been in any match for another team as of the rules).

Last edited:
For me it's not a problem about recruitment, but rather that the longer time it is between end of recruitment and first (-last) match, there is a bigger risk things happen we have no control over.

I can report in a mainteam by deadline, but it is likely that a month after it's been reported and before first match there will be some players that have to change place.

So if you want a preliminary main team list, to get a hint over which/number of teams will be in it (to plan match schedules), it's no problem, but it would be nice if the deadline for the members of main team would be moved closer to first match. Preferably with freedom to both add, remove and replace members on the submitted list, or a confirmation that we may submit a less than full main team and then add people to the main team list without problem (as long as the newly added main team members hasn't been in any match for another team as of the rules).

You may fill up your team up to 12 members all the time. Just tell us that you want to compete with a team. No matter how many members.

Once you got 12 registered members you must ask Hurrikane for changes.

But this is a thread about how to run WoF 2011 under mad circumstances (Hurri's internet connection). Please go to the WoF rules thread to read more about it.

I'm announcing all the changes in the Team threads, so please look there to see what's happening.

It may happen that I get a landline after all by the time we start (the first matches are now in April) but organisation is not a problem now. There are aenough who care about the WoF to make sure it goes fine.

Athough I'm asking for teams to be registered by the 26th of February, all really want is confirmation of your attendance. If you haven't finished recruiting, just let me know you're turning up:)

Hurrikane

(I am a struggling writer yet to be published).

Hurrikane

Good luck with that, I know it is hard (no I have not published yet, except those I personally financed).

Goddam! One week to go until miniqualifiers ... two weeks until first matches will happen. Can you please drop some infos to your little helpers, Hurri?

Goddam! One week to go until miniqualifiers ... two weeks until first matches will happen. Can you please drop some infos to your little helpers, Hurri?

Hey there:)

The teams are all aware of their matches, they are all aware of the Start Point, and they have the dates and times.

Next weekend: I will be online at the Start Point for the Mini-Qualifier to welcome and adjudicate any Qualifying teams with the help of any Judges who can attend. Shortly after this hunt the results will be posted for all to see. One Group in particular will be keen to know who they have amongst them.

Also I will be chasing up any teams who have not decided a time-slot for the April matches yet. Last call is the wednesday night before the hunts, any matches not confirmed by then get held in whatever slots are suitable for the judges, whether the team turn up or not:).

Weekend After that:
Group Stage 3. As long as everyone get their time-slots sorted then we got a WoF:)

Pm me for any questions, I do get online a few times a week some weeks:)

Hurrikane

Good :)

See you at Camp Caravan next Saturday **wink**

Good :)

See you at Camp Caravan next Saturday **wink**

Erm, I thought the start was Chuggs Hideout? Or was that what the wink was about? :p

Erm, I thought the start was Chuggs Hideout? Or was that what the wink was about? :p

Hurrikane said:
The Qualifier will be All Qualifying Teams hunting at once and only the winning team will progress to Stage 3 with the other 17 teams.

Date: Saturday 26th March.

Timeslots:

17:00 or 21:00.

Your Moblist for this hunt will be as follows:

Main Team:

Neconu: Dominant and Above: 10 points

Estophyl: Dominant and Above: 9 points

Razortooth: Any Maturity: 8 points

Warrior: Any Generation: 7 points

Neconu: Guardian and Below: 6 points

Estophyl: Guardian and Below: 5 points

Support:

Drone: Generation 05 and Above: 4 points

Calypsocod: Any Maturity: 3 points

Drone: Generation 04 and Below: 2 points

Exarosaur: Any Maturity: 1 point

Bonus Mob:

Kingfisher : Any Maturity: 25 points
(Once per nation per match)

Main Team size: 4
Support Unlimited

Hunt time is 3 hours as usual.

Start point: Camp Caravan TP

Camp Caravan is for the Miniqualifier.
Chuggs is the starting point for group stage first weekend in April

Thanks for clarification. As Team Eudoria is not part of the mini-qualifier, I had no idea about that hunt. And as I am currently in the desert, I really have no sense of the current date. LOL

See you at Chuggs for round 3!

Back