Nostalgia thread: Once upon a time in Entropia......

:offtopic:

Even the old Romans knew you had to keep the people happy. Therefore the people vas given vin.sång and women.
The old Romans know if you ceep the people happy then you can ceep doing whatever you want there it will be any complaints.

So why do not MA learn from history.:duh:

Once upon a time in Entropia (Part 2)

I was born at Ithaca
You could trade feffoid traders
Maffoids were called biffoids
some mobs wouldn't skin and they would be totally black
Lyst sold for 170%

ahh the memories

Once upon a time in Entropia:

- there was an "Evil Lootius" thread
- we had naked days
- amps were almost TT fodder
- amps could be fitted to any gun regardless of its native damage
- there was no pixie armour
- pioneer armour was a nice shade of dark green and grey
- we could fly by lying/sitting on top of each other
- people formed human totem poles
- the landscape was littered with remains from the robot wars and animal skeletons
- there was a point to crafting Jesters
- a guy called Donald had a diary... and we loved it!

Once upon a time in Entropia
-Magam was a hard-core oil-rig runner, no matter how much he was killed, he always was very nice and came back. People raised money to get him an Atrox hat.

-Jor from Desert Rangers could defend a claim during Land Grab all by himself. (With his skills and gear at that time it was like GOD mode)

Once upon a time in Entropia:
- a guy called Donald had a diary... and we loved it!

This guy could really write, I miss reading his stories as well.

Last edited:
Once upon a time in Entropia
-Magam was a hard-core oil-rig runner, no matter how much he was killed, he always was very nice and came back. People raised money to get him an Atrox hat.

-Jor from Desert Rangers could defend a claim during Land Grab all by himself. (With his skills and gear at that time it was like GOD mode)

This guy could really write, I miss reading his stories as well.

Yes i miss him to --> What happend to him. ?.

once upon a time in entropia , peds werent the main goal , fun was. and the courtyard at PA was small enough to see across.

Once upon a time...

Our noob soc, Digitus Impudicus, skilled up w/opalo's when they were introduced, to be able to hunt armax cow providers as a team for an Imp Fap, not realizing had already been more than a year since the last one.

Our noob soc, Digitus Impudicus, skilled up w/opalo's when they were introduced, to be able to hunt Itumatrox for a106 amps, again, it had been over a year since the last one was looted. Early 2006 for us.

Calypso was a more dangerous place.

Once upon a time in Entropia...

• There were no Limited items
  • You had to drag money to one side of the trade terminal to buy something
  • Clothes were sold in Hadeschiem
  • Chirpies attacked

Once upon a time in Entropia ubers hangout was Echidna

Once upon a time EU had a chance to be really big.
Once upon a time Gamers developed EU not stockholders, bean counters and psychoanalysts.
Once upon a time EU was more fun then it was work
Once upon a time a profession was something you dedicated your play time to..not something you were forced to be.
Once upon a time I looked forward to an update not dreaded what it would take from me that I could do the day before.

Once upon a time in entropia ... the map of Eudoria was 4 separate images

Once upon a time in entropia ... non depositors had a very hard time finding any ped to play with (no sweat no oil even)

Once upon a time in entropia ... your user name and password was randomly generated 8 characters for each (i memorized it and still use it)

Once upon a time in entropia ... We had art auctions of pieces uploaded by players to PC signs

Once upon a time in entropia ... everyone who was UBER claimed they were not

Once upon a time in entropia ... you could feel the impending doom of the robot war

Once upon a time ...

Once upon a time skinned clothes were made at time of crafting them and always 100%.

Once upon a time an in-game fashion guru called Skam was my soc leader!

Once upon a time you had to manually equip all items

Once upon a time your heart pumped when you found a ship when mining and then you cursed when you realised you had nothing to fight the bots with!

Once upon a time there was a notorious outpost that everyone got stuck at

Once upon a time there were stepping stones across the water (sand dunes) from Cape Corinth to the island where Fort Ithaca was.

Once upon a time I remembered more detail about everything :)

Last edited:
Once upon a time ...

• you could loot furniture and artwork from Daks and Exos
  • jumping didn't look retarded
  • you could skill flying bodies out of a PvP ring with a rocket launcher
  • cities had character, charm, and more color
  • Hades was an awesome place to battle robots - and TDO could build a beer bunker

Once upon a time....

• skeletons would dance for ped.
  • the CEO of the planet would visit his own forum occasionally, nearly 4 months without a post :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Hades was an awesome place to battle robots - and TDO could build a beer bunker

Once upon a time.... MS9 would use a capital 'B' to spell Beer ;)

Once upon a time there was beacons! :yay:

edit: That worked!

Once upon a time...

You had to be an adventurer to explore distant land, it was like a new movie, a new story each time you went out of town, a bit farther each time, as your skills were growing.

Once upon a time Entropia was a "safe" environment to participate in... No systems missing for over a year, no estates not functioning for over half a year...

Once upon a time Entropia had a future that many were hopeful about...

once upon a time in Entropia...
there was fear
there were tears and sweat
there was the "feeling" you are really in a remote hostile planet.

Once upon a time.... MS9 would use a capital 'B' to spell Beer ;)

OMG :duh: ... that's grounds for a TDO whipping! :whip: ... especially since I've warned others about it and what could happen if TDO saw it. :hammer:

I'll have to make up for that mistake when beacons come back. :hug:

And once upon a time ... I'm thinking ... I know there's more. :wise:

Once upon a time This game acctaualy didn't sucks at all.....

....you could not mine some of your claims as they would up a hill or stuck in a rock etc
....we had no vehicles
....we had no missions
....you had to type the cords to team mates etc instead of /pos

The game used to log you off after 10 minutes inactivity.

Glad they got rid of that. :)

once upon a time there was no auto use tool..you had to drill out 3k oil claims one click at a time :yup:

Once upon a time in Entropia when you were hunting Atraxes for a day you looted at least two marber bravos (And you could sell em for +80 ped )

Once upon a time you could visit a golden statue of Island Girl on Memorial Island (of all places). You could right click the statue and read her bio and see picture of this amazingly beautiful young woman who left this world far too young. You could visit any town or bar and play music on a jukebox and one of the songs "Gamer Chic" was said to be about her.

Once upon a time legends were created and stories were told about aliens and the ancient robot wars that turned Beautiful Calypso into hostile world of mutants and beast and the colonist masses sent to make their fortunes in a brave new world.

...you got hof after you extracted your finds from mining

Back