We`ll all suffer from these locks

Mikass

Marauder
Masak Mikass Keer
Judging by forum reports of these account locks, there are dozens of people or more locked. Most of these are active players and depositors.
Not only that these locks make innocent persons locked(which seems to be the case) reluctant to further invest but it also scares away further investors. MA/FPC or whomever is responsible should seriously consider changing their policy in this respect.

I`m pretty sure some of those locked and people who`ve witnessed such lame event will be very tempted to cash out and some will actually go through with it. This in turn will further devalue our items, skills etc.

On top of this, I might lose few hundred USD because considerably less people will be near auction to bid on my skill chips ending tomorrow. I`ve just tried to file a support case about it asking to have my chips removed from auction on the grounds of their lock fuckup but what I got was:

"Sorry, service is temporarily unavailable... trying to reconnect. Thank you for your patience.

You may navigate away or click here to go back.

Error ID #: 195137af-f51b-4b44-806e-d3d99120e111"

Is it not connected to fraudulent money? (spelling?) If it is then damn good that all connected are locked, this is the ONLY policy that MA can put forward. When they investigate and virtually all of the locked people are not involved they will be unlocked

I would much rather this way round, than not locking anyone.

It is only a temp lock anyways. This has happened before, and will happen again

And about your skill chips, really!?! come on!?! I think your priorities are slightly skewed, a few people locked for potential fraudulent (spelling) issues), or a few peds for your skill chips?

Rgds

Ace

yeah MA and calypso or see lie about this any waay

my post is about the forum

i filed a support case about this and all i got was sorry we dont deal with this thay told me this site is a third party and that have nothing to do with it

and it was hanne who replyed and that other one its all lies hanne works at calypso thay own this forum correct me if im wrong

but i hope players do chip out to show the devs we will not be fooled or messed with this id real money we are talking about

Is it not connected to fraudulent money? (spelling?) If it is then damn good that all connected are locked, this is the ONLY policy that MA can put forward. When they investigate and virtually all of the locked people are not involved they will be unlocked

I would much rather this way round, than not locking anyone.

It is only a temp lock anyways. This has happened before, and will happen again

Any about your skill chips, really!?! come on!?! I think your priorities are slightly skewed, a few people locked for potential fraudulent (spelling) issues), or a few peds for your skill chips?

Rgds

Ace

Trust me. This is not connected to anything fraudulent. MA has fucked up in the past mass locking people by mistake.

There was some VU afterwhich everyone who logged in got instant lock in the past. Just ask around.

Trust me. This is not connected to anything fraudulent. MA has fucked up in the past mass locking people by mistake.

There was some VU afterwhich everyone who logged in got instant lock in the past. Just ask around.

So this has nothing to do with investigations? Just coding issues? I have not been on as you might have guessed. Any message to say this was a mistake?

Rgds

Ace

Buying skills, 3k% under market. :cool:

Sorry, bad joke. Couldn't resist. :laugh:

At least you admitted to how this might affect you personally. One thing I dislike is when folks try to complain about something that affects them, but they pretend they're just trying to "help the community".

So, I'll give you kudos for that. :)

However, these things happen. We're all occasionally a victim of poor timing.

I ended up selling my lvl V Tp chip and it ended during the most heavily active WoF round e-v-e-r. Needless to say, the sale amount was well below my desired outcome. :(

But in cases where Ma has to investigate item movement/transactions, what would you suggest they do? Leave accounts open, possibly missing trades that occur while they run their DB inquiries? Perhaps they need avas to be logged out in order to run certain DB checks. (Maybe not, but who knows? :dunno:)

On top of this, I might lose few hundred USD because considerably less people will be near auction to bid on my skill chips ending tomorrow.

In the past, "mega locks" have beene becuase of a CC-frauder having spent tons of money in auction. And then I guess a lock is needed asap, before a) the person who sold the items have spent the peds and b) the CC frauder have passed on the items to someone else.

What's really needed is more proactive info from MA though. It probably can't hurt sending out an email as soon as it happens and not letting people find out at their next logon and then have to enquire through a support case (during a weekend).

Also maybe things might so smoother if MA adds that they have the rights to automatically reverse trades in case of fraud, so instad of mass-locking people who have sold things in auction, for the people where it's possibly the trades can be reversed and automatically unlocked.

No one ever locks me... I feel left out of the party... :(

On top of this, I might lose few hundred USD because considerably less people will be near auction to bid on my skill chips ending tomorrow.

In the past, "mega locks" have beene becuase of a CC-frauder having spent tons of money in auction. And then I guess a lock is needed asap, before a) the person who sold the items have spent the peds and b) the CC frauder have passed on the items to someone else.

What's really needed is more proactive info from MA though. It probably can't hurt sending out an email as soon as it happens and not letting people find out at their next logon and then have to enquire through a support case (during a weekend).

Also maybe things might so smoother if MA adds that they have the rights to automatically reverse trades in case of fraud, so instad of mass-locking people who have sold things in auction, for the people where it's possibly the trades can be reversed and automatically unlocked.

They have serious problems understanding the psychological implication of such locks and their ramifications. Pretty much goes to show my their player retention rate has been so low.

Also...a more non-intrusive method of investigating would be very easily implemented like you say but yet again they choose for the easy way out which is locking everybody. Your idea could be a start. Why not just restrict access to the items in question for the time of the investigation and issue the player with an ingame warning about the restriction.

According to this post it actually was an investigation.

This whole thing actually reminds me of the VU 10.0 situation, where a ton of perm-banned players accidentally got unbanned due to the crossover change, and MA had to lock down and investigate a lot of high-level avas because those banned players came in and quickly sold their items.

Yes locking the account will probably be the only way to handle this. Locking items will not do it because what will they do with the peds that changed hands or the items traded for the locked items. This could end up locking all items in game.

I do however believe that again MA should COMMUNICATE !!!!

Let people know why they are locked and how long it will take, also let the non locked people know whats going on.

Just an idea:

"We are in the process of investigating claims of fraudulent use of a credit card used to purchase items in game. During this investigation any players that are even remotely connected to this case will be temperately locked. We will do our best to clear all the locked players and unlock them as soon as possible if it turns out they have nothing to do with this case. We apologize for the inconvenience caused"

The reasons for other people getting locked is none of your damn business.

As I understand it, they have all been contacted privately by MA. A public statement would be a breach of privacy.

I just find it irresponsable that there ain't no warning to people that account check or whatever will be done
So far i ain't locked

I do agree with Oleg on it. It is a private matter to those locked avatars. yet those players went public on the forum stating their locks without or with reason. This gave a public outcry if it was a bug or something is going on big time.

Here also comes the idea to get more information what was happening in this weekend.

I myself dont suffer from the locks. Yes i would be bumped when i saw that email being my account locked. And also demand justice ofc. So MindArk could gives us just a info what is going on. This would settle down the community (those who are concerned) but they dont have to ofcm if they do it is out of goodwill.

The reasons for other people getting locked is none of your damn business.

As I understand it, they have all been contacted privately by MA. A public statement would be a breach of privacy.

We got contacted privately that we had been locked, and that it was due to an 'internal investigation'. Nothing else, we were all suddenly guilty without cause and half my WoF team could not show up to our match - causing us to lose.

We were not given any real reason, none whatsoever.

We got contacted privately that we had been locked, and that it was due to an 'internal investigation'. Nothing else, we were all suddenly guilty without cause and half my WoF team could not show up to our match - causing us to lose.

That's a different matter entirely. I agree that those who were locked - certainly those who are still locked after several days - should be given some information as to why.

That is very different from people who have not been personally affected calling for a public statement.

Imagine this:

"We are investigating a possible purchase of items X, Y & Z using fraudulent peds."

*Quick phone call*

"DUDE! They know! Chuck your stuff into the area we planned on. I'll have Tilda make another newbie account and pick them up!"

And that's why they say nothing.

I prefer MA reacting to fraud rapidly, a bit over excessive and with few words rather then not at all...

if it is just an error it will get cleared up is one weekend away from tropia so bad :).

Best regards
Zweshi

"Sorry, service is temporarily unavailable... trying to reconnect. Thank you for your patience.

You may navigate away or click here to go back.

Error ID #: 195137af-f51b-4b44-806e-d3d99120e111"

Hey, at least they have totally sophisticated error codes!!!11 :wtg:

It's not like anyone want's to know what went wrong... including MA staff... :banghead:

FYI: Quality busters: Make your error messages meaningful

Back