Latest Buzz: MindArk-Controlled Entropia Universe Accounts

MindArk-Controlled Entropia Universe Accounts

There are different types of Entropia Universe Accounts that employees at MindArk, Planet Partners and other affiliates can have. These accounts are strictly monitored by MindArk and several rules apply to them. Most importantly, they must all abide to the EULA and ToU and they must not be used for personal economical gain.

These types of accounts are used for various reasons, such as keeping track of the day-to-day businesses in Entropia Universe or playing a part of important happenings, events or storylines.

One of these account types is the Role Playing Account. This is an avatar taking part in a storyline, with varying length, that can be presented and developed on a planet website. For example, this avatar can participate in events or in lootable PvP areas. However, possible loot from other participants cannot be withdrawn from Entropia Universe or used for personal economical gain, as mentioned above. Instead, money from loot has to be reinvested in role play or new events within Entropia Universe. This means that you can get your hands on this character's lootable stuff!

- Wiz Master -
Except from hiding from my colleagues in conference rooms I have my hands on many of the cookies in the jar at MindArk.

so um bascially what we've always known and people can't get through there thick skulls.

Yes employee's play, no they dont have an advantage because they are monitored.

like the good old days of running to PVPL when you seen then CEO Jan get a global to go loot him for it.

so um bascially what we've always known and people can't get through there thick skulls.

like the good old days of running to PVPL when you seen then CEO Jan get a global to go loot him for it.

Yeah, like they are doing such a good job monitoring and locking the vtol hunters, and all the "coincidental" looting and market killing resource distribution on Rocktropia.

So is it me, or they didn`t tell anything new that hasn`t already been said?

Works for me, bet this was posted now because of the new ceo :)

Cue many pages of pointless whining from people who feed off of that shit....

I was really hoping they'd give some actual details of who can and cannot do what. Their words are so vague that they mean nothing.

I guess that was their aim as always. Answer with no information at all.:mad::mad:

Reactions: Mac
Wow!

That's just wrong..awwww!! :laugh: Poor Dude!

That all sounds fair to me, though I doubt this was the policy before the ND story.

This says absolutely nothing unless it means all planet partners and their avatars cannot withdraw? Deathifier and Neverdie more then likely have both withdrawn?!?...

Seems like the planet partners and MA need to read the eula and TOU more often to make sure they are following their own rules?!?

Last edited:
So is it me, or they didn`t tell anything new that hasn`t already been said?
Er, I'm same as him here. Haven't we already established this over several whining threads before? :D

I think a list of all the Ma controlled accounts should prove useful...

Amen. Hopefully it's something the new CEO will implement in the near future?

Deathifier is not a planet partner.

When I read the post it seemed it said accts operated by MA employees and PPs cannot withdraw.

I was really hoping they'd give some actual details of who can and cannot do what. Their words are so vague that they mean nothing.

I guess that was their aim as always. Answer with no information at all.:mad::mad:

Well it's not our job to police these avatars. Just accept that MA is watching NEVERDIE and continue on with your game play as usual.

Menace

When I read the post it seemed it said accts operated by MA employees and PPs cannot withdraw.
If he's not, then what do you call someone that owns part of the planet partner company? Deathifier is to Arkadia what Jan is to EU... just the same as what Neverdie is to Rocktropia.

Actually, in some ways Deathifier is to Arkadia what DA manager was to Rocktropia... the latest escapades show us how well that went for DA...

Last edited:

Seems like a not so well thought through idea to me.
If people knew what avatar was connected to Mindark or planet partners then they wouldn't be able to take part in the every day gaming experience. There would be just too many other players clinging to them to either try to gather information, fuck with them when they try to do ordinary ingame stuff or just to "bask in the glory" so to speak.

If he's not, then what do you call someone that owns part of the planet partner company? Deathifier is to Arkadia what Jan is to EU... just the same as what Neverdie is to Rocktropia.

Deathifier is a shareholder/investor. Jan is on the Board of Directors of MA and was up until recently CEO. That is clearly a very different role. Neverdie is, well I'm not sure what his role is anymore as I dont pay much attention to RT.

When/IF the MA IPO launches there are likely to be many more investors with active avatars. Big fking deal.

Actually, in some ways Deathifier is to Arkadia what DA manager was to Rocktropia... the latest escapades show us how well that went for DA...

Here's the simplest way to know if ND and DF (or anyone else) should be handled differently:

Does the person receive an income directly from some planet partner company or MA directly, complete with the proper tax withholding, etc.? Or do they have to go through the same withdrawal process as any other player?

• If they get a paycheck = employee/similar
  • If they withdraw peds = player

Done.

Meanwhile, back to the statement given, this is the most important part

Wiz Master via Latest Buzz said:
they must not be used for personal economical gain.

Meaning: They can NOT withdraw like regular players can.

Done and done.

Does the person receive an income directly from some planet partner company or MA directly

Straight from the horses mouth...
http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/link-forums/entropiatimes-march-2011-issue-pdf-version.15/

deathifier_-_planet_partner.jpg

so, yes, he is a planet partner, just like the rest... but it's an avatar that is definitely
for "personal economical gain"

Last edited:

No, no list should be given with Ma controlled accounts.

Let people wonder if they just insulted and MA official in game or not. :laugh:

FFS :rolleyes:

Deathifier does not receive a paycheck. He may recieve dividends just like any other shareholder. Shareholders are not PPs though a PP may be a shareholder. He does not participate in management of the planet. All this is clear from the statement you quoted. Any LA management is the same as done by any other player/LA owner except that on 8coins he is prevented from adjusting tax rates.

KikkiJikki

Although this may seem like a good idea, I believe it would compromise their ability to do their job in game (ie: MA employees). Although PP's and their "associates and employees" should be listed and known.

:wise:
Tiny

FFS :rolleyes:

Deathifier does not receive a paycheck. He may recieve dividends just like any other shareholder. Shareholders are not PPs though a PP may be a shareholder. He does not participate in management of the planet. All this is clear from the statement you quoted. Any LA management is the same as done by any other player/LA owner except that on 8coins he is prevented from adjusting tax rates.

KikkiJikki

right, the agreement...
As a result of these discussions, Arkadia Studios developed
its own internal code of conduct to ensure separation
between its investors and any sensitive information they
may encounter as part of planet development and operations.
This code of conduct has been in place since I agreed to invest.
... very similar, if not identical to the agreement for Rocktropia to hold DA Manager at arms length?

An investor in a planet partner is a partial owner in the planet partner... i.e. a planet partner.

you are right, the statement MA released is about the employees and affiliates, not shareholders, per se, but since DF is what he is, wouldn't that classify him, and all pp shareholders as affiliates, or something similar? If not, why not?

I have DF on friends list and don't think he'd scam anyone or anything like DA Manager did, but with this virtual universe being as it is, you never know what the future might hold. Honestly, I think DF is fine, but what worries me is future planet partners, their employees and affiliates which may end up in similar situations to DA Manager type situations... What, if anything is MA doing to keep another DA Manager from rising to power on another planet?

Ma needs to be proactive in fighting scams! So far, they have not done that, and have up til now taken a reactive stance in their actions. Hopefully the change in regime will cause something to happen more on that front?

Last edited:

I dont quite understand you people sometimes... first you scream that they dont abide by
there own TOU/EULA and now you want them to break there own privacy policy which
quite frankly is part of the TOU :tongue2:.

*The privacy policy clearly states that no info about the account/owner of the account
should be leaked, sold or leased.

Best regards
Zweshi

I pay very little attention to RT but even I know that DA Manager was neither an investor nor an employee of the PP. So I dont think any arrangements between ND are DA manager are relevant to the status of Deathifier.

Back