One really amazing mentor

sounds like he said what many are actually doing.

Its kinda strange the OP backed up the chat log to where it fit perfectly into his slander.
It is not slander to present a thing exactly as it is, Oboy. Yes, iI backed up the chatlog because my first attempt to make a screenie failed , and the bottom part quickly filled with chatspam like it does in PA. What do you think the bottom part might have showed, to alter the picture? That he answered my question "you are not serious?" in the affirmative?well, he did not. Many other people were there, and they can check their chatlogs if they think I am hiding something.

I consulted with others before posting this. Some thought that i should post it AND send the screenie to Support. However, I decided to stop short of sending the screenie to support.

Here is something to think about, if you are a true mentor, you wouldn't come on here to blast another, instead you would have taken the time to actually help that player even though he isn't going to give you a reward.. Those people are special and should recieve reward.. all you out there blasting him... Your the problem.

As you can see from the top part, i was taking time to help that player. he was having difficulty signing up on the mentor register and I was trying to help him figure it it out. And I just assumed, in the first place that he was the kind of guy who wanted to be helpful tio newbies (I usually assume the best not the worst) and until he saw fit to declare the oppsite.

You are making some very strange assumptions OBoy. You are assuming that guy is a nice helpful chap, and you are assuming that all other posters here are the kind of people he declared himself to be!

Well I for one am certainly not. When the old mentor system was in place, i unofficially mentiored some people who were stuck with bad mentors, and and after it was disbanded, i just went on unofficially mentoring a number of people, and took on others as unofficial disciples. I'm sure Mark can confirm that as he is my only actual official graduate...after a lapse of two years! :laugh: And he gave me top rating.

Oh! and I also turned down somebody who asked me to mentor him recently, because he was based on Arkadia, and I do not spend so much time on on that planet. So i advised him to look for an Arkadia based mentor instead.

Disciple farmers are very annoying because they discourage newbies rather than helping them, and help sow a cynical attitude whereby all mentors are distrusted. I was tempted to continue mentoring unofficially , rather than sign up, because it really hurts when people assume your motives are bad, for no better reason than you offer to help them. However, if I did that, I would then deny the disciple his graduation gift , as well as denying myself the mentor gift.

Now you are assuming that the people in this thread are bad mentors just because they get annoyed at a self-declared disciple farmer! And lecturing us all as if we were the disciple farmers! Where is the logic in that? And where is the genorpsity of spirit in that? You only think well of those who look bad? And badly of everybody else? :scratch2:

jay

Last edited:
I think we're forgetting something.

Not all players think like the folks on this thread do. By that I mean not all players think a mentor should be altruistic in their motivations. Some would argue that a cash motivation makes for a finer mentor, and a more effective way for a disciple to keep their mentor in check.

This being said, if Josh's motivation is cash then in order to receive said cash he would need to provide an excellent service.

This is all conjecture. I've spoken with Josh and am trying to help him work his Mentoring program out so that he can achieve maximum effectiveness with it now that I know the fellow actually is aggressively recruiting disciples. What level of service he provided before I conversed with him I cant say, and what level of service he provides with some suggestions from me only time will illustrate.

What isn't conjecture is the negrepping, and the personal attacks against this person by members of this board who basically think they know more than they actually do. I'm not referring to Jaywalker. Jaywalker's experience is their own, and they came to the boards to talk about that experience. I'm talking about those who have no experience with this player but who eagerly judge them.

Oboy, Infinity, and others have a real point here. Many people are involved in mentoring now for the gifts. Ive been at sweat camp before the remake, and Port Atlantis after offering assistance to new players. I have done this since I started, 2 years ago, as part of my monthly routine. I have never seen many of the names I see now offering assistance, but now with the rewards new names show up daily, spamming advertisements for help.

Where are all you moralists with your protests when this is happening? Are you in Port Atlantis defending the newbie, and making sure these vultures don't have themselves another feast? Or are you content to chase your profit in silence, only speaking out where the speaking comes easy, and there is little doing expected of you?

I have heard comments on these threads amounting to Josh being a horrible person, and that he should find another game. Really? Is that how we help each other in the community? When we see someone doing something we don't approve of do we start cursing at them, spitting venom like vipers? Perhaps rewards should be offered on the boards for good attitudes and helpful demeanors.

Maybe we'd get some people actually behaving themselves here for a change.

I think we're forgetting something.

Yes, we do:

If that dude wouldn't be in your soc you wouldn't be posting here at all, trying to drown us in words to distract from the simple facts - imho you make it even way worse by acting so hypocritical.

Kick that bastard or keep him, but don't come here trying to sell us that what he did is somehow "normal" - it is not.

There are for sure enogh people mentoring "only for the gifts", but the vast majority of them has enough tact to make it at least look like a serious thing and try to provide some help to their disciples.

If someone is stupid enough to brag about it in PA he has to deal with the consequences, simple as that...

Yes, we do:

If that dude wouldn't be in your soc you wouldn't be posting here at all, trying to drown us in words to distract from the simple facts - imho you make it even way worse by acting so hypocritical.

Kick that bastard or keep him, but don't come here trying to sell us that what he did is somehow "normal" - it is not.

There are for sure enogh people mentoring "only for the gifts", but the vast majority of them has enough tact to make it at least look like a serious thing and try to provide some help to their disciples.

If someone is stupid enough to brag about it in PA he has to deal with the consequences, simple as that...

Really wizz? You seem to forget that I have defended many people who have had zero association with me and my society, and put myself on the line for them, the biggest one of the bunch was Calypto.

When a person gets attacked unfairly I have a history of stepping forward and saying exactly whats up.

That he is in my society only gives me a direct method of dealing with the issue on a personal level with this person.

So what was your point again? Oh, thats right. Your point was to make an assinine statement you have no hope in hell of backing up with actual fact. You're pretty good at that, these days.

Really wizz? You seem to forget that I have defended many people who have had zero association with me and my society, and put myself on the line for them, the biggest one of the bunch was Calypto.

Yes, really.

That this guy is in your soc has already ruined your nice "we are such a nice soc full of good mentors" thread - what you do here is a conflict of interest, to say the least.

When a person gets attacked unfairly I have a history of stepping forward and saying exactly whats up.

Yeah, the knight in the shiny arnour, defending the meek - you're trying to make everyone believe that in pretty much every 2nd post - it's just:

You benefit directly from defending this guy, don't try to make it look like a selfless act of philanthropy.

That he is in my society only gives me a direct method of dealing with the issue on a personal level with this person.

Yeah, but you don't deal with it - it looks like you are completely fine with the actions of your minions...

So what was your point again? Oh, thats right. Your point was to make an assinine statement you have no hope in hell of backing up with actual fact. You're pretty good at that, these days.

I don't have to backup anything - i simply accuse you of favouritism, and it's pretty obvious why - you have to explain why you defend something indefensible.

And oh, Mr. Hungary (what an understatement your name is, eh?) - that you call everyone criticising you "troll" is just your way to avoid dealing with the morality of your own actions - the very best way to stay always a saint in your own universe, no matter how wrong your actions infact are.

Holy shit, Wizz.

I dont call everyone here a troll. Just you. Because you are one. There's no need to reply to the rest of your topic. It was complete garbage written by an arrogant prick for the sake of hearing himself speak.

You got the negrep with the troll message for one reason, and one reason alone: Because youre an asshole. Nobody else here has been negrepped by me. A few people disagreeing with me have got +rep for a decent statement.

I dont call everyone here a troll.

I didn't say that - i said you call everyone criticizing you a troll.

There's no need to reply to the rest of your topic.

Just take a stand on the part i've bolded.

Your reaction is exactly what i've outlined above - you are trying to dodge inconvenient questions by simply labelling a post as "unworthy of a reply". And it's not the first time i've seen you doing this... pathetic that you have such a limited repertoire.

You think you are soo smart, but seriously: Who do you think is going to fall for such cheap tricks?

this is going sooooooooooooo offtopic :confused:
i mean there is no need to throw trash at eachother

I didn't say that - i said you call everyone criticizing you a troll.

Just take a stand on the part i've bolded.

And I said I've +repped people who criticize me. That you didnt get a positive review isnt indicative of an issue with me taking criticism. Its indicative of an issue with you providing something worthwhile to the conversation. Reading is FUNdamental. You should try it sometime instead of mouthing off. I dont care how big your ep33n is. You can put it back in your trousers now.

...stuff...derp...wipes drool from chin... I'm so smart...

Noted.

And I said I've +repped people who criticize me.

And i think that's a lie.

That you didnt get a positive review isnt indicative of an issue with me taking criticism.

"Positive review"? What do you think you are - the forum censor? :laugh:

Its indicative of an issue with you providing something worthwhile to the conversation.

That's your heavily biased opinion only - from what i've seen of you so far hints that you deem any contribution not backing up your point "not worthwile".

Pretty much the same arrogant, self-centered point of view you have in every single post you make here.

You should try it sometime instead of mouthing off. I dont care how big your ep33n is. You can put it back in your trousers now.

Holy crap, you argue like a little child now - and look: "poof" - there goes your attempt at making your post sound intelligent, all the hard work to make you look like a smart guy, obliterated within seconds, what a pity.

I'll simply put your sorry ass on ignore, you are resistent to any thought not originating from your own little universe anyway.

G'bye.

/Edit:

You are even resistent to my ignore list it seems - how many of that "Magyar" accounts are controlled by you?
Heck, i'll simply put them all on ignore.

And i think that's a lie.

Which brings me back to my original point about your posts. You like to talk, but cant prove a single lick of what you say. It's just you talking.

Are you going to bark all day, little doggy, or are you going to bite?

PS: Try the Magyar_Republic account. The other two were accounts I had previously asked the forum admins to remove from my access due to the frustrating nature of some conversations I experienced on these forums. Early on I expected more out of certain members of the community than I got. I have since adjusted my expectations.

Last edited:
look people i have been talking to the mentor and his dispicles

and it seems that the dispicles have a great learining time :)

stop hatin im peacin out

I really love these "Your a bad mentor" posts.

Let me give you a hint - Someone that hasnt mentored a lot and claims they mentor to help nubs - thats a load of shit.

Whether or not the mentor like/cares/wants to give hand job/etc....to disciples really makes little difference.

I consider my disciples my slaves, and I mentor to revcieve gifts, and I will mass recruit/farm - anything to get me more disciples that will finish - none of this makes me a bad mentor.

You shouldnt tell others how to play game - worry about yourself.

The only reason a bad mentor is doning well is because the rest of you "good" mentors suck at recruiting.

I mean really - So and so dosent care about new players!! Hes bad! Save the noobs! LOL WHAT A CROCK.

Its amazing how some of you guys are justifying what possibly was either a bad joke or just words of a frustrated person who told the truth.

Firstly its wrong to say something like that and knock it off as a joke, fact is barely anyone found any humour in it and it doesn't take a genius to understand why. To say it in public is stupidity at its height, its like telling a racist joke and hoping its funny in public and thinking no body will take offence. Fact is no one wants to hear it and they should just admit they are wrong that they said it out in public, which many took offence to and get on with our lifes. (What I find wrong about that is how they don't think they are wrong for saying it in public. What you say in private is your problem, but to let others hear it is wrong.)

Second they have 10 desciples? Is that not a bit greedy? Desciples are new and a bit deluded as to what a good mentor is, so any help in any form in their opinion is good, but im sure they would probably get upset to hear their mentor would say they don't care about them or even make a joke about it. Its like hearing your teacher make a joke that they don't give a dam about your education and at the end of the day its all about the pay cheque. To say it in public, well all i gotta say is....accept the BACKLASH and admit you were wrong for doing it.

Back