Planet calypso content release 2011.3

crash after crash with message "not enough ram..."
Never had this before.

Check the size of your swapfile, sounds like it is fixed.

I hope they intend to make the east coast of the new switz server more natural because it looks stupid like that....

Exactly my thoughts when I saw this screenie. A missed chance to finish the Amethera continent I'd say.

Damn! Loved mining that penninsula! Oh well, things lost, things gained... ;)

Daikibas back at PA :) I love this! Actually missed those little cuties and can't wait to go find them.

Now, if only I could actually download the update instead of getting empty error box saying only that it could not update and to 'try again' or 'cancel'. Wish it would actually give me an error reason and maybe dump in a suggestion or two too :scratch2:

Judt restart you computer ... worked for me :)

OHHH, we got a lot new things... AGAIN!

But still noting about MAKE UP, TAMING and BEACONS.

REALLY, what should i say, i be happy about?:scratch2:

I may have misread it, but I thought they meant all missions now give tokens, included those already in place.

Planet Calypso will start handing out "Missions Tokens" as rewards for the completion of most of the missions added from now on.

Added bolding.

I guess this means less skill reward missions will be added.

Exactly my thoughts when I saw this screenie. A missed chance to finish the Amethera continent I'd say.

Well it wouldn't be finished as its supposed to go further north and east in a L shape going by 9.4 map data, but its definately a missed chance to have it more complete...

And trance, those are platform updates not planet content updates, this update is only planet content....

And freezing planet content won't speed up the development of platform updates

crash after crash with message "not enough ram..."
Never had this before.

i can feel with you. game crashing every 10 seconds on the new islands...

Bug with burning ambient sound

When you switch windows in windowed mode, then go back to the game, there's this really loud burning flame sound that just keeps looping until you move your avatar!

Scared the crap out of me when I logged in lol:laugh:

OHHH, we got a lot new things... AGAIN!

But still noting about MAKE UP, TAMING and BEACONS.

REALLY, what should i say, i be happy about?:scratch2:

I heared from someone else, that there was a offcial today around telling beacons for feb 12 and taming to be stopped for beacons, but i cant confirm.

I heared from someone else, that there was a offcial today around telling beacons for feb 12 and taming to be stopped for beacons, but i cant confirm.

What? February? That is FOUR months away :(

When you switch windows in windowed mode, then go back to the game, there's this really loud burning flame sound that just keeps looping until you move your avatar!

Scared the crap out of me when I logged in lol:laugh:

And your name is on top of it. (scaryface.jpg)

i can feel with you. game crashing every 10 seconds on the new islands...

Looks like it happens to me everytime when crossing a serverboarder or entering an area for first time. After much crashes I am done for now, will try again later.

If this is true, my depositing each month will stop fast ! And next year they say next year... im realy not happy !

Added bolding.

I guess this means less skill reward missions will be added.

I read that as there won't be any more skill reward missions, if you remove skill gains from missions then it becomes less important to visit other planets as you'll just collect more tokens (if this has also happened to their missions as well).

If they're tradable then it opens up the second avatar exploit. A few tokens short of that item you want, start a second avatar and collect the tokens on easy missions.

new lootable pvp5 server :cool:

screenshot with attacking mothership planetside :yay:

Okay, I'm puzzled now.

I didn't think Motherships were supposed to be able to go planetside?

Okay, I'm puzzled now.

I didn't think Motherships were supposed to be able to go planetside?

They are static, just add to the story, no idea why they are shooting at the vulcano though...

OMG! BERTHA STOLE MY THREAD! :eyecrazy:

:silly2:

Seems like there is a lot of new candy tho. Hope they got some goodies for us newbies also!

let them fix the crashin first....

and let me login lol

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

It is one of four new wave spawners, they have a 3hr cooldown so someone probably flew over it and just left.

Why such a long cooldown? :confused:

Been the same with all other wavespawn areas...

EDIT: And why did I not get the regular "XX minutes to next wave event" msg?

I read that as there won't be any more skill reward missions, if you remove skill gains from missions then it becomes less important to visit other planets as you'll just collect more tokens (if this has also happened to their missions as well).

If they're tradable then it opens up the second avatar exploit. A few tokens short of that item you want, start a second avatar and collect the tokens on easy missions.

While there is quite a lot of skill reward missions already, I don't think giving out tokens vs giving out skills will keep any more people from not going to other planets to do missions.

No crashes or errors at all for me, and I have been in all new islands, windowed or full screen. Guess I'm lucky then..?

Interesting new stuff, like the islands too and the fauna (pupugis, gokibusakis, other annoyances fitting to swamps :D ..and the cuute tiny proteronlike thingy!). Points of interest too here and there, I like that.

My only complaint is really that some 'terraforming' sould have been to done New Swiss peninsula, no doubt.

While there is quite a lot of skill reward missions already, I don't think giving out tokens vs giving out skills will keep any more people from not going to other planets to do missions.

if you've done all those missions then it would be cheaper to just buy the tokens from the nubs around swamp camp. And if you're not interested in the L items then the tokens only become tradeable items.

Would you move to another planet with what ever cost is involved (time or ped), risk being pk'd and looted to do a mission for 1-2 tokens, where the likely cost is more than buying from someone else? Where as 1 skill point does make it worth it for many.

Yes and I have seen one, but I won't post pictures until I stop crashing :laugh:

EDIT: Even crashing from RAM loss at LOG IN now...

My god the fucking lag on the new servers. Keep crashing due to out of memory and crashing at login as well. Windows 7-64bit and 8 GB ram ...... nice update MA as usual .... :handjob:

-Bemo-

My god the fucking lag on the new servers. Keep crashing due to out of memory and crashing at login as well. Windows 7-64bit and 8 GB ram ...... nice update MA as usual .... :handjob:

-Bemo-

Ah very comforting to hear your specs.

Thought it was my PC. having CTD's all the time on the new island :scratch2:

Yea only issues on the new islands. Took me forever to actually get to log in and GTFO before another crash.

-Bemo-

We needs an unlimited way to gain Stamina.

When I just started I thought that running would eventually increase your stamina.

Just exercise a lot! :laugh:

Yea only issues on the new islands. Took me forever to actually get to log in and GTFO before another crash.

-Bemo-

it's probably being caused by an overload of players checking out the new area. Similar things happened during the early days of vu10 in the fashion show and some events.

My guess is that there could be some new asset with a terribly oversized texture or something along those lines.. Do you get these crashes on all the three areas?

Back