Question: The truth about introduction of SIB to oldschool guns

shoti

Deactivated Account
I encountered lately interesting thing on other forum :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/eu-general-discussion/201349-point-me-direction.html

...in short : someone talked with some official MA ava ingame and get info that SIB will be introduced to guns maxed so far at 100lvl.
Moreover i see lately lots and lots SIB guns for sale, and some even cant get sold at decent prices ( like cb26 for + 35K or r 150 for +25 even at hi tiers ).

Is there anywhere some new info about above matter ? Please post if someone heard anything new about that.

subscribing

second time that i read something like this.

I still have seen no proof that this was said to start with :laugh: only loose rumors

yep, I experienced many rumors ingame last few years ( space, planets,vehicles etc. ) but this one is diferent, becourse

1.seling threads seems folow it along with buyers suspiciousness
2.realy lot of ppl debate about that ingame (and i feel like missing some info )
3.on that other thread someones claim that he witnessed ingame such conversation with MA official ( is that strange that only few ppl could hear that ? usualy MA officials are surrounded by participants )

yep, I experienced many rumors ingame last few years ( space, planets,vehicles etc. ) but this one is diferent, becourse

1.seling threads seems folow it along with buyers suspiciousness
2.realy lot of ppl debate about that ingame (and i feel like missing some info )
3.on that other thread someones claim that he witnessed ingame such conversation with MA official ( is that strange that only few ppl could hear that ? usualy MA officials are surrounded by participants )

the simple reason for many SIBs beeing sold now is that there was many new sib guns introduced when the arkadia event ended. Girts selling r150 since he took it in a trade for the gun he won and sure doesn't need SIB when he is so high lvl, sentez doing the same on the ARK-40 he won and selling lunchboxs old cb26 and prolly more that i don't know of. And I'm selling my T15 if I can upgrade to a higher lvl SIB gun (not doing if i can't upgrade to a highger lvl sib gun...).

The change being discussed in the other thread is horrible and stupid and would pretty remove the reason for anybody to skill beyond level40 hit/damage. It would upset the balance of the game in a major way and quiet possibly kill it due to the exodus of people no longer having any trust in MA.

falling_skies.jpg

The change being discussed in the other thread is horrible and stupid and would pretty remove the reason for anybody to skill beyond level40 hit/damage. It would upset the balance of the game in a major way and quiet possibly kill it due to the exodus of people no longer having any trust in MA.

This.

I haven't spent years working on maxing old-school weapons only for the entire system to be changed overnight.

Fortunately I don't think it will ever happen., it's just silly rumour.

I encountered lately interesting thing on other forum :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/eu-general-discussion/201349-point-me-direction.html

...in short : someone talked with some official MA ava ingame and get info that SIB will be introduced to guns maxed so far at 100lvl.
Moreover i see lately lots and lots SIB guns for sale, and some even cant get sold at decent prices ( like cb26 for + 35K or r 150 for +25 even at hi tiers ).

Is there anywhere some new info about above matter ? Please post if someone heard anything new about that.

i just sell becouse i won one ul gun on arkadia (ark-40 ul) and changed with cb26ul with lunchbox becouse the guy realy wanted this gun(simple as that)..and i want to sell fast...becouse i need the peds faster..you can check my sell for full eon won in mayhem..same stuff. I have a mod stark and i'm close to maxed..so i dont need a cb26..becouse i'm close to lvl 100:p. Still i'm not in hurry anymore and i dont sell under +37-38k so..you can lay down now:). BO now is tt+40k..and i think cb26 deserve at least tt+50k tier 6.4. Many people know what gun is cb26 and how many skills you can make for free with her. So..if you want a very good gun..you need to pay:)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?218167-Cb-26-ul

well thats gossips, but i doubt if MA will do that there will be all SIBS under 40lvl. That guy who witnesed that conversation mention something about making new SIB adequate to power fo gun.

i just sell becouse i won one ul gun on arkadia (ark-40 ul) and changed with cb26ul with lunchbox becouse the guy realy wanted this gun(simple as that)..and i want to sell fast...becouse i need the peds faster..you can check my sell for full eon won in mayhem..same stuff. I have a mod stark and i'm close to maxed..so i dont need a cb26..becouse i'm close to lvl 100:p. Still i'm not in hurry anymore and i dont sell under +37-38k so..you can lay down now:). BO now is tt+40k..and i think cb26 deserve at least tt+50k tier 6.4. Many people know what gun is cb26 and how many skills you can make for free with her. So..if you want a very good gun..you need to pay:)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?218167-Cb-26-ul

ok bad example then, I am just blp rifle user and always look at buying/seling threads in that category thats why r150 + cb26 sticked in my memory as they are rather rare toys. And i am sure i saw more than yours for sale at same time wchich is extraordinary.

in the other thread, theres only one person claiming this, Joker Poker. then Agis, and i think his comment should tell you whats at the root of this - an assumption/guess that MA will change the weapon system in a similar way to mining.

the thing is they are quite different in the first place, massive skills does really seem to affect mining tools to the same degree (only depth) and amps work differently.

well thats gossips, but i doubt if MA will do that there will be all SIBS under 40lvl. That guy who witnesed that conversation mention something about making new SIB adequate to power fo gun.

No, no - the high end guns may well have much higher SIB than 40. If you look at the in-game population, very small amount is going to care when Mod Merc maxes. Geotrek Scrof H21 maxes at level 27, so what level would Shriek Offensive that has the same maxed dps max, if it had SIB? 37 ? 47 ? Even if the penalty is 30 levels and it maxes at 57 levels, hey, lots of people got a really good unlimited SIB overnight. Same with Karma Killer. Same with Jasonich FP. Same with Strakhov AS-97.

Presently, the delta to replacing Isis LR32 with A3 Justifier MK3 is 80 levels. Drop even 20 levels from it and all hell breaks loose.

The high range of dps might be the home for SIB one way or the other, but for the rest of the levels, everything would totally change.

Could also be a rumor set to raise the prices of mid range old school weapons that were slowly but steadily falling...

And so far Kim has only talked about merging categories that are not used often (see Melee with one/two handed clubs), maybe merging plasma with laser etc.

I've heard this rumour as well and I've tried to find out where it came from. I can confirm that it is not a rumour, after speaking with (MA) about the matter, someone actually wants it to be so. But of course such a change as this would have huge consequences on both sides for & against. This change could seriously alter the way we hunt in a good way imo, so I'm for it. Whether it gets done is an entirely different thread.

Release notes: due to the over complex nature of sib and non sib items. All non sib weapons ingame have now been converted to utilise the function of the special increase bonus to simplify things for the hunting profession.
We know you will like this new release & should any problems arise please do contact support, thank you.

Something like this yeah? :D. But I mean just think about it, ul previously no sib now are sib weapons. With lower tt's able to be maxed and of course more options to the hunting profession. It will of course kill some markup on some L items but the values of such a change on previous weapons will go up. I like this, I already have my weapon setups picked and ready for purchase should this really take place in our universe.

~Mark~

Last edited:
Something like this yeah? :D. But I mean just think about it, ul previously no sib now are sib weapons. With lower tt's able to be maxed and of course more options to the hunting profession. It will of course kill some markup on some L items but the values of such a change on previous weapons will go up. I like this, I already have my weapon setups picked and ready for purchase should this really take place in our universe.

~Mark~

I'm with you till the bolded part. It will certainly give us more options, and I for one would be really happy for it. I'm afraid though it will have big consequences on the market too, as the decline in the needs for crafted (L) weapons will mean less demand for ores, driving down the Markup all over the place. And looted (L) weapons will also decrease in MU, especially lower to mid ones, meaning the (after MU) returns for the hunters will be lower too...

I'm with you till the bolded part. It will certainly give us more options, and I for one would be really happy for it. I'm afraid though it will have big consequences on the market too, as the decline in the needs for crafted (L) weapons will mean less demand for ores, driving down the Markup all over the place. And looted (L) weapons will also decrease in MU, especially lower to mid ones, meaning the (after MU) returns for the hunters will be lower too...
Yes, this would be a huge problem. The more you take away markup, the more the challenge goes away. And some like to play Poker rather than simply giving their money away to the slots. If MindArk gives everything SIB, they're going to have to look at how the loot system worked before (L) was introduced, because people need markup.

I also heard this rumor. I think it will be good to have SIB levels for the current UL max100Level weapons, especially if better ones are coming. A mod merc at level 75 is still something to aim for, while a new eg "Heavy Adjusted Death Mine Cannon - Level 85" would also be cool! Level 100 weapons should indeed be very powerful and awesome. They have no choice but to move the goal posts as more players get close to level 100

As far as movement in auction goes, very little is selling over 10k.

I'm afraid though it will have big consequences on the market too, as the decline in the needs for crafted (L) weapons will mean less demand for ores, driving down the Markup all over the place. And looted (L) weapons will also decrease in MU, especially lower to mid ones, meaning the (after MU) returns for the hunters will be lower too...
Didn't think or take into consideration about crafted weapons, as I'm not a crafter. But your right it surely would lower demand and demand on materials sourced from mining. As well as L weapons, hm this is sticky.

Didn't think or take into consideration about crafted weapons, as I'm not a crafter. But your right it surely would lower demand and demand on materials sourced from mining. As well as L weapons, hm this is sticky.

it would destroy crafting, and iirc one of the primary reasons for (L) in the place was to inject purpose into it. crafting was just skilling to be able to make stuff no one wanted (or had/could make) before (L).

The 2x0s got replaced with sib equivalent in the Greek Axes, etc. I suspect that's the type of change that they are going to make happen, but only time will tell I guess.

Sib on old CRAFTED old school stuff might be a good idea. Jester d1 was never any good for anything, but it's just about the cheapest weapon to craft so lots of beginning crafters start crafting it. If there was a use for it, like a sib level just a little above the opalo, it'd be great. Same all the way up the food chain...

Most of the crafted L stuff is way too expensive to craft. Look at the Rutic Slo (L) as an example. How much residue and components do you need to craft it to get a full TT blade out of the clicks on the blueprint? That's way too much vs how cheap it is to click on something UL in Book I, and same goes across the board. Sib was introduced as a way to drain us of peds, and it worked. If they could balance that out a bit, it might be a good thing?... Of course, it might irritate the heck out of me for buying some of the pricy blueprints in book II and III, but on the other hand, for the future, it might not be such a bad thing.

If Mindark don't change it, they should really do something more with the auction, etc. so that a complete n00b looking at the auction for the first time will know what's what. Everyone eventually learns what Skill Increase Bonus is, and what items have it, etc. through entropedia, forums, and lots of looking at item info screens, but to someone looking at an auction the first time a clericdagger might not look much different then a sib knife, etc.

;) :)

Last edited:
this would have just the opposite effect that kim/ma wants to achieve,kim wants skills to be meaningfull again..and this move would just do the opposite
if for instance maddox is maxed at level 85 orso(not that high,im level 91 myself naturally without depo)..why would any1 keep the skills above that level ?
my goal is to get to level 100 and thne sell skills..but if this can be done at level 85 then lots of skills will be sold...and thus lowering the market

+ it would fuck up the market for looted/crafted limited guns
+ owners of ul sibguns get shafted
+all those hardcore skillers basically get shafted,the whole purpose of skilling is to be able to use oldschoolweapons at 100/100

if this is implemented i predict lots of people selling out
this move would again destroy trust in ma,we need stability ..not all those changes

huge changes in the core of the game are dangerous,even the rumors about it are,thats why is said in an other thread that ma-officials should only post at official statements and not to persons or ingame

for the record: i was there when kim said all these things,i know EXACTLY what he said,i eve made notes,it was at trox queen event late in the night,i was there and hulk/helene and couple others and i already thought kim talked to much about stuff that he should not be talking about

Last edited:
Sib was introduced as a way to drain us of peds, and it worked.

You sir are so wrong. Adding sib raises eco for everyone below lvl 80 DRAMATICLY. It also made crafting possible. It also makes mining alot better (considering SIB is L on the last two.). The only ones that are loosing on it are people with lots of hunting skills using the old school weapons - but these people are still doing better then others, just not as massively. If there were no sib today it would be impossible for new players to get anywhere, other people would just out eco them too much, there'de be no loot left for the poor fellas.

Anyway on subject.... if they do add sib to old stuff but something like 80 to use 100 to max on everything thats fine, but if everything is on lvls comparable with L stuff then its absolutley horrible. Bye bye mining crafting and markup in hunting loots. Bye bye market.

Well we've all seen the thread about simplification of skills and I'm sure many of us remember a certain change in the tiering system. Bottom line is when it comes to MA anything is possible and what's said isn't always what's done. Some say when there's smoke there's fire yet it's not always the case.

I for one think there's no fire here.

I've not read the other thread... (I read the post after I've posted this and then quoted)

From MAs' perspective the game is no longer expanding or shrinking despite introduction of nice content ( better graphics, new planets, missions, vehicles, space etc).

I guess it's not hard for MA to recognize what level of players are leaving, and why. I'm wondering if the recent emailing to inactive players is part of an investigation to ascertain the cause.

If that is the case... then MA should decrease the MU of items used by mid level (say level 40 to 80) players ...If they drop more of these items from mobs hunted by mid level players then the MU of UL guns (sib or not) are sure to go down.

Post # 14 in the other thread by Chaps

I was there when Kim was talking about it ingame. He said it was only an idea
that he had and had not been taken as an application to MA as of yet for approval.

It was going to
introduce SIB to the oldschool UL weapons but to have min levels based on what
and how powerful it was.

While a MM would be at home with a lvl 75-80
minimum, the justifier mk5 would be a lot lower (similar to LR48) level.

Personally I think this is what MA should be doing to expand it's cash cow!:wtg::wtg:

Last edited:
this would have just the opposite effect that kim/ma wants to achieve,kim wants skills to be meaningfull again..and this move would just do the opposite
if for instance maddox is maxed at level 85 orso(not that high,im level 91 myself naturally without depo)..why would any1 keep the skills above that level ?
my goal is to get to level 100 and thne sell skills..but if this can be done at level 85 then lots of skills will be sold...and thus lowering the market

+ it would fuck up the market for looted/crafted limited guns
+ owners of ul sibguns get shafted
+all those hardcore skillers basically get shafted,the whole purpose of skilling is to be able to use oldschoolweapons at 100/100

if this is implemented i predict lots of people selling out
this move would again destroy trust in ma,we need stability ..not all those changes

huge changes in the core of the game are dangerous,even the rumors about it are,thats why is said in an other thread that ma-officials should only post at official statements and not to persons or ingame

for the record: i was there when kim said all these things,i know EXACTLY what he said,i eve made notes,it was at trox queen event late in the night,i was there and hulk/helene and couple others and i already thought kim talked to much about stuff that he should not be talking about

yeah.. I was there as well.. but to me it just sounded that he was speculating about it.. not telling ppl it would actually happen.. but as long as prices goes down on everything I welcome the panic :)

I got the impression that kim is a smart guy.. so if new stuff will be implemented Im sure he will clarify.. not like marco..

I would also welcome if "smal" old school weapons got maxed early.. not the high end stuff.. maxing the maddox4 at lvl 80 or something would not stop me from continue skilling.. even a 1 billion ped hof would not stop the skilling for me..

end game gear today will continue to be end game gear for a loooong time

Seems as MA Kim has been toying with alot of shit lately. His name comes up in alot of proposed changes lately and I am starting to get the feeling that he is about to have a big influence on fucking up the last little bit of EU that is left :wise:

-Bemo-

Seems as MA Kim has been toying with alot of shit lately. His name comes up in alot of proposed changes lately and I am starting to get the feeling that he is about to have a big influence on fucking up the last little bit of EU that is left :wise:

-Bemo-

Kim is the very thin "bridge" between playerbase and MA.

Sort of "communication", which so was needed by certain players, who thinks that MA is deaf and blind, and prefer to shoot in their foot from rocketlauncher under a pale, falling skies, preferring to go bankrupt ASAP.

But not only dead and blind - retarted in so horrible way, that "ASAP" takes already near 10 years.

Well, again - certain players is perfectly know about inability of MA to stick to their tasks. Even for intended bankruptcy.

Now those certain players starting to shake that "bridge", which they wanted so much, since it's "bridge" fail, and it must be destroyed.

Oh, wait...

Even if I believe it's a rumor (maybe even some kind of market manipulation), I'm ready for the change if it happens, and ready for the non-change as well. :)

Back