Put a turret at The Oil Rig!!! Stop the mob trains!!!

Status

Tycoon

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon
Mob Trains are supposed to be a violation of the EULA...

Sending support cases about mob trainers does absolutely nothing! The "Support" sends you a canned response, saying they will investigate (which they do not!), and then they close your case so you can't even respond! :banghead:

The Oil Rig is the most mob trained area in the game! Multiple times EVERY DAY there are a number of diligent train conductors who violate the rules of the game just to harrass the regulars who are trying to have some fun and play responsibly!

If you don't believe me, just send some officials out there for a while to observe!

Mobs don't spawn where the oil spawns, they are only brought into that area by mob trainers! The trainers get vehicles for dirt cheap and it takes waaaay more to stop them than it takes for them to bring in the trains! It's unbalanced and unfair to the people who are paying to play by the rules!

Please, put up just 1 turret at The Oil Rig!!! It's not a tall glass to fill, it will most likely end the EULA violations, and support the people who play fair! :yup:

CHOOOO CHOOOOO!!!

If your so damn uber to waste money to kill people, well u have no problem to kill a few atrox's... And yea it happens and that does suck but MA won't even care any how... But good u pointed that out :)

I would say that's part of the feature of the 'oil rig'

just kill off the trox.... there have been ATH trox there.....
soo enjoy it

what would people then do between slow drops D: love em beastys

Well lets train some mobs to the RIG, its always big fun!

Hey Spiders are not that far away, any fast runner available ?
:D

To OP:
STFU, mob trains to the RIG are as old as the RIG itself.
If you can´t handle that, well then you can´t close the RIG :D

I would say that's part of the feature of the 'oil rig'

just kill off the trox.... there have been ATH trox there.....
soo enjoy it
It's not a "feature", it's an exploit! It's a violation of the EULA, and it's annoying as hell to the regulars at the rig!!!

And It's not that easy as "just kill the mobs"...

I've been relentlessly trained for over 5 hours by the same guy while I was there by myself... I can't kill an Atrox Stalker by myself, let alone a couple dozen of them! They are not supposed to be there!

People go out of their way to bring Spiders, which don't relocate when unreachable! And when you try to get rid of them, the mob trainers keep returning and training them right back... It can be quite a chore to deal with, and it can be costly... much more costly than it is to bring the mobs and keep them there!

My biggest complaint is that the same people do it every day for hours and hours, blatantly violating the EULA in front of everybody... and no matter how many times you report the same people, nothing EVER gets done about it! They are being allowed to run around freely using exploits to get an economic advantage over other players while simultaneously ruining the experience for those who play by the rules! :wise:

To OP:
hey, way to support exploiters!!! :yay:

just because mob trains have been happening for a long time, doesn't mean it's right and it should be happening!
It can be stopped, and should be stopped!

Why the hell would you support mob trainers?... you like to look cool and tell people "STFU"?!

Last edited:
I thought that mob trains in PvP was only against the EULA if you did it repeatedly against the same person? And for the rig I am not sure even about that but... :dunno:

I thought that mob trains in PvP was only against the EULA if you did it repeatedly against the same person? And for the rig I am not sure even about that but... :dunno:

all gray zones

anyway there are usaly only 2 atrox stalkers available and with 2-3 people they die easy

aren't there like 0 rules in pvp areas? i heard somewhere that pvp problems/support cases fall into a sort of grey area, and nothing really gets done unless there is a public outcry.

besides nothing will be done about mob trains at the rig anyway, trains = decay, and MA loves their decay. besides, the "free" oil at the rig is not meant to be easy to get, other wise you would see 100 times more people camping the rig

i hate pvp haters. oilrig is a pvp zone not a pve or a grinding zone. if you wanna hunt troxes theres a thousand places already. if you want pvp the oilrig is the only place. I agree with OP, remove pve from oilrig, put a turret there.

To OP:

Yes, you are correct.. mob trains to the rig have been around as long as the rig has. It was never a problem and relatively few would bitch about it. That is, until the cars came bringing with them an undue advantage to a mob trainer. Before cars one had to put in work, time and sometimes ped to bring a train in, there were natural limits to what can be done. It was an art form to cheaply bring the same size of train as one can do with a vehicle.

with a car one can fairly easily bring a large train with very minimal effort and expense. if you are good at it you suffer little if any decay on your car from mobs.
mob trains ruin the rig for everyone who wishes to visit the rig noob, uber, visitor and regular alike.
noobs go to the rig to try to get oil and sightsee, hard to do when a mob train makes it so you cant even sneak up. pkers come to kill those noobs and spend money doing so, hard to do when the mob trains kill your targets and you. then there is people who are collecting oil its hard to pick if there are 3 trox, 4 armax and 2 spiders preventing you from getting anywhere near the drop.

I have seen 50-100 unit mob trains before. in the days before the cars a 50-100 unit strong high level mob train was closer to fantasy than reality even for an uber with a mod fap and shadow. with cars a 5 day old noob with a $20 deposit can bring that kinda train.

Maybe people will see the problem when people start mob training the boss spawns.

oh snap, tycoon, you just looted the stfu smackdown, kim edition!

dumbest idea of the year, imo, turret at the oil rig.

har har.

in the days before the cars a 50-100 unit strong high level mob train was closer to fantasy than reality even for an uber with a mod fap and shadow.

oh yea, complete fantasy stuff.

never in the history of the game did a player make a 50-100 mob train without a car, i heard.

Last edited:
You + Oil Rig = Fail..... Suggestion : Suck it up or go do whatever the hell you used to do before you thought you be a rigger​

im a regular visitor to the oil rig, i can almost claim i live there ( when ingame :) )

i hate mob trains, and in how cheap and unfair ways they are created these days.

still i dont want a turret at rig.

Oilrig without mobtrains, drama, alliances and soc wars, isnt Oilrig. ( however it was better before vehicles then you had to work hard to create a train )

The rig is the rig, no more no less.

Without all the components that make out the rig, it will just turn into a "afk pick" place where some mid lvls like myself will just farm the oil without any work at all. I dont play eu to earn money, my irl job takes care of that part.

Rig peds pay for rig fights, and some hunting on the side.

adapt, and move on.

cheers

ermik

You + Oil Rig = Fail..... Suggestion : Suck it up or go do whatever the hell you used to do before you thought you be a rigger​

did you even play when rig was "real"? and even now i've never seen you there

In general you talk way too much !

Take care of that aspect

IMO Mob training someone outside of PvP while they are hunting, traveling, mining or w/e = exploit

Mob training someone doing W/E in PvP area = just another way of PvPing... imo I think it is fair :)

whether or not mob training is "legal"/ethical, we can argue that all day. there is a valid point and great suggestion here. WORKING TURRETS!
i suggest that a working turret at the rig and or lots of mountable turrets allover the rig would not only bring in revenues and encourage more pvp, it would be AWESOME!

HINT to MA: i said the word "revenues". that should raise a flag that its a good idea. =)

I can't kill an Atrox Stalker by myself, let alone a couple dozen of them! They are not supposed to be there!
Perhaps you are not uber enough to be there then, and since Kim says it's not against the rules, perhaps the ARE supposed to be there? ;) Instead of complaining, try adapting. EU is dynamic...

There is a lot more to this game then just hanging out at the rig. All of space is pvp after all. Maybe sell your pvp gear and buy a space ship? Don't think there's a lot of mob trains in space... If you don't like the situation where your avatar is, move it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Perhaps you are not uber enough to be there then...

It's not that the trains are unmanageable... it's unbalanced...

It cost peds to deal with the trains and trainers... it cost 0 peds to bring the trains!

In my opinion, this falls into the category of people using the system in a way it was not intended to gain an economic advantage over other people playing fairly.

In the aprox 7 years i play entropia there are people that run mobs into the oil rig ....

It is part of the oil rig....

Its not against anny rule .....

I understand it can be frustrating :)

However just like some other in thread says ( if you are so good to people kill than you should be good in killing those mobs aswell)

Mari *.*

Status
Back