Currently:
Strength allows you to carry more.
Agility allows you to run faster.
Health allows you to live longer.
Intelligence...?
Psyche...?
Stamina...?

What I would like to see:
Give all attributes a bonus effect. This would benefit the players as they'd get a bonus from playing and it'd benefit MindArk as people would have another reason for actually skilling up.

Some quick suggestions of possible effects:
Stamina/Agility - Allow an avatar to "Rush" x% faster for y seconds (where x = agility and y = stamina or something).

Psyche - Lower the skill requirement for chips when at a higher psyche level, allowing the use of smaller implants for the same chip if you have a higher psyche.
Psyche - Lower the charging time of charge-up chips.

Intelligence - Allow faster crafting.
Intelligence - Make QR on blueprints go up faster.

Stuff like that? :dunno: I am sure that some nice suggestions could be added :)

Just keep in mind that it will have to be balanced, it can not make the game more difficult for others and you have to consider any economical gain (for example, strength could not increase melee damage since this would unbalance the eco and possibly devalue higher level melee weapons).

Post your ideas and/or comments and/or view of the thing :yay:

EDIT: Below are the ingame explainations to all attributes:
Agility
Agility is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action where coordination, finesse and grace are involved.

Health
Health is the amount of punishment your Avatar can sustain before he or she dies.

Intelligence
Intelligence is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action where the mind, memory, or reasoning are involved.

Psyche
Psyche is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action dealing with willpower, mental strength, and mindforce.

Stamina
Stamina is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action where bodily hardiness, constitution, and physical toughness are involved.

Strength
Strength is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action where raw muscle power, lifting capacity, and brute force are involved.

Last edited:
All the Atributes have a high contribution to HP!

an extra auction slot for each strength/agi/psyche would be nice

All the Atributes have a high contribution to HP!

Yes, but I want some use apart from that :) Strength and Agility has bonuses on top of it making them very favoured, as if their quicker health contribution was not enough!

So to revise the list again:
Strength - Allows you to carry more, gives 1 health per 20 points.
Agility - Allows you to run faster, gives 1 health per 40 points.
Stamina - Gives 1 health per 9.25 points.

Meanwhile:
Psyche/Intelligence - Gives 1 health per 80 points.

(You should also remember that the highest known Psyche ingame is 99 while many have above 100 in agility and at least a few have over 100 in strength.)

an extra auction slot for each strength/agi/psyche would be nice

Hmm, if so I'd rather see a slower increase in slots for those attributes and a faster increase for intelligence as I assume crafters and miners are those who use the most slots (hunters maybe not being far behind but still...) :dunno:

Agility - Allows you to run faster, gives 1 health per 40 points.

Does agility really allow you to run faster? Feels like that hasn't been the case since VU10. Just a few days ago I was running along with someone following me for quite a while. I was curious as to why I wasn't pulling away as there aren't that many people with higher agility than me that actually run places (vs TP, drive or fly). So I let him pass me by and scanned him. He had 23 agility, I have 87. So, sure doesn't seem like agility makes you run faster. I know it did pre-VU 10. Has anyone done a formal test recently?

Getting back on topic, I like the suggestion of intelligence lets you craft faster. Doesn't have to be twice as fast or anything, but a slight increase would certainly be a logical and meaningful reward.

My thought is that one of the attributes should allow you to heal naturally a bit faster. Once again, not talking about twice as fast so as to eliminate non-combat fapping, but a slight increase would be a meaningful and logical reward I think.

Does agility really allow you to run faster?

Yes, but I think connection speed may be spooking things up here... try flying in a VTOL Mk1 (L) next to someone with the same vehicle and much better/worse internet speed and computer... you'll see a difference in speed.

I have tried it myself (the agility), there is still a noticeable difference :)

Getting back on topic, I like the suggestion of intelligence lets you craft faster. Doesn't have to be twice as fast or anything, but a slight increase would certainly be a logical and meaningful reward.

Indeed, it would be a "Since you're smarter you know how to use this machine better" or something :)

My thought is that one of the attributes should allow you to heal naturally a bit faster. Once again, not talking about twice as fast so as to eliminate non-combat fapping, but a slight increase would be a meaningful and logical reward I think.

Which attribute would be best suited for that? Stamina? :dunno:

The run faster mindforce chip is a good way to notice the effects of agility.

I did a test

First: me and a newbie with little agi runnining from oxford tp to mall, I won
Second, newbie with run faster charge, me with none, he won
Third, both with charge, we ran at same speed and it was a draw.

Which attribute would be best suited for that? Stamina? :dunno:

Stamina would be my choice if you think of stamina as being an indicator of overall healthiness. For example, someone in shape will generally be able to run longer and catch their breath faster afterwards than someone out of shape. But if you go by the descriptions of the attributes then Agility is the one that talks about fitness.

It would be interesting if any of those voting "No" to this could post why :) i would also be interesting if Kim or some other MA official could post their thoughts, opinions and/or possible future plans for this...

Stamina would be my choice if you think of stamina as being an indicator of overall healthiness. For example, someone in shape will generally be able to run longer and catch their breath faster afterwards than someone out of shape. But if you go by the descriptions of the attributes then Agility is the one that talks about fitness.

Hmm yes, it would be hard to balance no matter which of them you choose, right? Stamina can only be gained through missions, while Agility always goes up so the effect would have to be lower I guess...

I believe Stamina would be the better choice, as higher regeneration of health would be a nice perk (one that could save an avatar in a pinch) and therefore should not be too easy to get

I think they need to leave attribs alone. Since the addition of missions with attribs as rewards their value has been nerefed to shit already. It used to be that gaining an attrib point had a huge effect on the avatar. Now that they are handed out like candy they have become yet another useless thing to the avatar. Used to be gaining an agi point let you get that much closer to out running a mob you couldnt. now days it takes 100 agi to out run mobs we used to be able to out run the first month playing.

If you wanna make EU better stop asking to send it down the tubes by making it easier and easier. This is where ALL video games fail and die. At a certain point it gets too easy to skill and people walk away. ( Ill thank L gear and missions for their contribution to all this for EU) How bout we stop with the gimme gimmies and take some time to think where all this leads as it has in every other dam video game.

For everything you ask for and recieve, a nerf must surely follow, only the nerfs tend to hit far harder then the gains from what was asked. Thats just a fact of video life.

You missed out:

Higher attributes makes the avatar gain skills quicker

(there are threads on it here, but far too lazy to go find them)

Rgds

Ace

Would be nice if you can craft little faster with a higher intelligent.
Would also like if with higher Psyche that then the cooldown period of MF Chips would be a little faster, maybe 1% for every 10 psyche or something like that.

The idea of Stamina i like too but then they have to fix also that older players got 9 stamina (think before vu 10) and now a days you get 1 stamina when you start playing.

Some quick suggestions of possible effects:
Psyche - Lower the skill requirement for chips when at a higher psyche level, allowing the use of smaller implants for the same chip if you have a higher psyche.

Nah, just make you be able to use chips up to implant level plus psyche / 5 with an implant. Takes away the need to tweak implant decay too.

Nah, just make you be able to use chips up to implant level plus psyche / 5 with an implant. Takes away the need to tweak implant decay too.

Hmm so basically a guy with level 28 electro and 50 psyche would be able to use up to level 28 chips with a 20 implant?

I kinda want a tweak to implant decay tho, as chips overall has bad eco (with a few rare exceptions) :silly2:

Attributes could be used to pay for things. Perhaps certain rare items when craft cost you 5 intelligence points. Perhaps certain quests(perhaps repeatable ones) with unique rewards cost a stamina point. This would give more value to hard earned skills and would have an interesting effect on MU's.

I would like to have "Special abilites", a list of abilities that gives the avatar diffrent benefits and bonus. The abilities could be effected by the attributes and maybe a higher attribute could unlock new abilities. Each avatar would only be able to have a few of this, maybe 3-5 abilities from a total list of 20-100 abilities. It could be abilities like "Space pilot", increase the speed of spaceships by 10 % and similar stuff.

So, lets see, we have missions throwing out attributes left right and centre and you want more. Why not just cut to the chase and as soon as you log in you get a million attributes in everything and each attributes gives unlimited bonus. That way everyone is super uber without even lifting a finger. Ideal solution :laugh:

So, lets see, we have missions throwing out attributes left right and centre and you want more. Why not just cut to the chase and as soon as you log in you get a million attributes in everything and each attributes gives unlimited bonus. That way everyone is super uber without even lifting a finger. Ideal solution :laugh:

No, I don't want people to get more attributes... I want attributes that has no use to get a use, making it fair to people who doesn't gain that much agility and strength.

It is enough with the bias that melee users get craploads of more health than for example a mindforce user, but they can also carry more and gain agility quicker...

Would it be so horrible to give some small bonus to miners, crafters, mindforce users as well, as regular hunters and melee users in particular get already...?

No, I don't want people to get more attributes... I want attributes that has no use to get a use, making it fair to people who doesn't gain that much agility and strength.

It is enough with the bias that melee users get craploads of more health than for example a mindforce user, but they can also carry more and gain agility quicker...

Would it be so horrible to give some small bonus to miners, crafters, mindforce users as well, as regular hunters and melee users in particular get already...?

Why would you need a bounus? you have the option as like I did to skill some melee to build strength up to carry more. All that would do is create yet another bias twords a class of player in EU which is the last thing this game needs. I mine and my agi is 70 now with only 2 of those points from trying missions when they first came out.

If you want str use an edged weapon for a few hours a week. if you want agi drag a shit mob with you as you mine.. you get defense skills agi and heal skills with minimal investment. I used to drag an atrax young with me when ever I mined Jason center hills and I did that for over a year back when the game was fun and not simply a vacume it is now.

Attributes could be used to pay for things. Perhaps certain rare items when craft cost you 5 intelligence points. Perhaps certain quests(perhaps repeatable ones) with unique rewards cost a stamina point. This would give more value to hard earned skills and would have an interesting effect on MU's.

wtf, skilling crafting is really expencive enough and now you want that we lose hard gained INT for crafting things??????

How about killing a Proteron costs 1 AGI each kill.
Or killing the sandking cost 10 AGI to everyone who did more than 1% DMG onto it?

Better you stfu and think befor posting!

Generally I like the idea of giving Psyche and Intelligence a use.

For Int I would like to see a speed bonus for vehicles, like the speed bonus from AGI for running.

For Psyche its difficult, cooldown of chips shortened or the Implant tweak mentioned above not bad.

Why would you need a bounus? you have the option as like I did to skill some melee to build strength up to carry more. All that would do is create yet another bias twords a class of player in EU which is the last thing this game needs. I mine and my agi is 70 now with only 2 of those points from trying missions when they first came out.

How would it create a bias? It would even out the bias we already have.

Why the hell should I be forced to skill melee (which is boooooring to me) simply to get equal benefits to those who does that on a regular basis?

Right now, to compare a melee user and a MindForce user:
- Melee user gains health faster (can live longer).
- Melee user gains defense skills faster (can live longer).
- Melee user gains agility faster (can run faster).
- Melee user gains strength faster (can carry more).
- MindForce user gains psyche faster (pretty much no effect).
- MindForce user gains intelligence faster (pretty much no effect).

In what possible way is that fair?

How would it create a bias? It would even out the bias we already have.

Why the hell should I be forced to skill melee (which is boooooring to me) simply to get equal benefits to those who does that on a regular basis?

Right now, to compare a melee user and a MindForce user:
- Melee user gains health faster (can live longer).
- Melee user gains defense skills faster (can live longer).
- Melee user gains agility faster (can run faster).
- Melee user gains strength faster (can carry more).
- MindForce user gains psyche faster (pretty much no effect).
- MindForce user gains intelligence faster (pretty much no effect).

In what possible way is that fair?

You are not forced to do anything dude..but if you want certain benefits you need to skill more then forum posting to get where you want to be.

The bias would come when you get handed free shit, then decide to go skill melee anyway and get a higher boost then the working class player. A perfect example of bias would be the atrib points handed out as rewards to hunters that miners cant obtain unless they become hunters and do those missions as well. BTW str is not an extra given to melee users it is simply a byproduct of their class. {removed}

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW str is not an extra given to melee users it is simply a byproduct of their class.

Just like psyche is a biproduct of using MindForce. Just like intelligence is a biproduct of mining or crafting.

How is it then fair that Strength (biproduct of melee use) was given a use while Psyche and Intelligence were not?

You are not forced to do anything dude..but if you want certain benefits you need to skill more then forum posting to get where you want to be.

The bias would come when you get handed free shit, then decide to go skill melee anyway and get a higher boost then the working class player. A perfect example of bias would be the atrib points handed out as rewards to hunters that miners cant obtain unless they become hunters and do those missions as well.

You don´t get nobody want anything for free?

What is the difference between a melee/ranged hunter cycling 1000 PED/day and MF hunter cycling 1000 PED/day.

Thats what we want to point onto:
Melee+Ranged get Str+Agi what helps to run faster/carry more.
MF hunter gets Int+Psyche what does nothing additional

Thats why we asked for a use of Psyche+Int beside HP gains, Prof standing.

-REP for not thinking befor posting, nobody said we want attributes for free, we skill that attributes and have to pay to get it same as every other hunter, too!

Sidenote:
I not a MF hunter, prefer melee+laser
Still can see the unfairness in it!

maybe why melee has a slightly advantage cause its more expensive:rolleyes:

How is it then fair that Strength (biproduct of melee use) was given a use while Psyche and Intelligence were not?

Intelligence and Psyche should be given a use, I agree. However I dont think we have the systems in place yet fully in game to make that happen. Mindforce is underdeveloped. Increase development of MF. Add crowd control techniques and give intellgence a bonus towards crowd control skills that direct others, and psyche a bonus against crowd control skills that affect the player, or skills that require a defense.

maybe why melee has a slightly advantage cause its more expensive:rolleyes:

Have you seen the eco of mindforce when adding implant decay? :scratch2:

(also note that most chips with good eco have high markup and/or are near-impossible to find)

Eu is "dinamic" lol.

Space crew gain a lot of different hp giver skills.
For what they need hp up there lol.
Yea EU is still "dinamic"..

** if MA give a lot of HP to space pilot for free, they cud do to MF user for what he pay

Last edited:
Below are the ingame explainations to all attributes:
Agility
Agility is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action where coordination, finesse and grace are involved.

Health
Health is the amount of punishment your Avatar can sustain before he or she dies.

Intelligence
Intelligence is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action where the mind, memory, or reasoning are involved.

Psyche
Psyche is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action dealing with willpower, mental strength, and mindforce.

Stamina
Stamina is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action where bodily hardiness, constitution, and physical toughness are involved.

Strength
Strength is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action where raw muscle power, lifting capacity, and brute force are involved.

Status
Back