Gun Animation Flashing Issues

Nadie

Elite
Society
Dark Templar
Lady Nadie Hawke
Before I submit a support case I was just wondering if I'm the only one suffering with my guns and them doing some animation glitch and flashing up on screen while I'm shooting at mobs? It happens on every mob, with both my guns, and is giving me headaches. I just can't hunt at all. This is since the VU yesterday btw. I had no problems at all before but I guess it could be something my end though I've tried everything I can think of to fix it.

Hoping you see what I mean in the video below:

Have the same shit...hope they fix it soon.

I seen it flash a few times.. I don't have that problem, but what I do have to deal with is "Motion Sickness" from my avatar's gun swinging from side to side every time I get hit.

Menace

Thanks guy, nice to know I'm not alone! :grouphug:

Everyone I asked in game said they had no problems. I'll get that support case submitted with the video.

Have to admit Menace I've not yet seen the motion issue but I haven't been able to hunt enough to get hit much yet. I do suffer with motion sickness so can feel for you though.

Same here, recorded as follows:

There is a new bug that appears when shooting with a pistol in first person view: there is some fast image of the arms going to the top left corner. This happens quite frequently (every 2 or 3 seconds).

I have the same issue, with whatever weapon I use. Very annoying.

Yes it is annoying, same here as well. Hope it gets sorted out very soon, because hunting a while causes headache with that flashing thingie

Same issue here.

.....also in 3rd person the ava raises the arm up ....

Started for me with the last VU. Initially had me scared my gfx card was dieing ...

Yep, this is very annoying :mad:

Avatar's left arm flicks up at gun recoil on some shots. In first person it seems like a screen flash, in third person you can see it happen, if you watch carefully.

I usually hunt third person and my avatar has an over reaction now after mob hits. The arm flick and swinging pendulum motion is ugly and solo hunting is no fun atm, if you got this problem :(

Support case in :yup:

I usually hunt third person and my avatar has an over reaction now after mob hits. The arm flick and swinging pendulum motion is ugly and solo hunting is no fun atm, if you got this problem :(

Support case in :yup:

Luckily in 1st person i don't see it, only when i scroll out to check sorroundings. But the Avatar reminds me to a Barbie puppet in a oven melting away when the plastic becomes soft lol. Yes it looks ugly.

Ive had the same problem since the VU, however today it got 4 times worse. It looks like my ava has a serious case of tourettes or something.. was hoping a simple relog would fix it, but it didnt.

maybe it's only mentor guns? you got any non-mentor guns Nadie? :bowdown:

:silly2:

wonder if they are gonna fix this anytime soon?

yeah still not working!

same by the Ava from Husband and :

a) makes the Ava above the waist suddenly wild rotations or b) collapsing the Ava's legs over his head

(lol, hope the google translate are correct :D )

wonder if they are gonna fix this anytime soon?

I tried shooting 3 or 4 mobs yesterday and it seemed even worse than before and I'm sure it was going left and right this time so I logged straight out and bumped my support case asking for an eta on a fix as it's totally unplayable.

Maybe everyone with this problem could please do the same and see if someone gets a proper answer or at least an acknowledgement of it being a known issue.

before the last vu i never had that flickering.

i had the situation that the arm got stuck at all and my avatar fired on the mob but the animations where not correct and it looked like i fire far in the air.

i had to unequip the guns and equip them again to unlock the arm.

now after the update i have the same like in the video.

the guns fires and makes that upmovement fast and it flickers all over.

i stopped hunting after 10 minutes cause that make me feel not comfortable and that is disturbing.

and its not only calypso i have that on arkadia also and different guns and also with different armors on.

the platformholder shall move :computer:

I've noticed since last update I sometimes shoot like a gangster from an old movie spraying bullets left to right. Could we get a tommy gun implemented into the game so I feel more in character when out hunting :p

This wierd animation is not only for when I hunt it does the same sway side to side animation when using a finder and extractor as well.

Anyone else notice this wierd animation sequence happening?

the VU didnt fix this, for me at least.

the VU didnt fix this, for me at least.

Nor me. I updated my support case today and asked for an actual reply from someone. I was informed that an ETA couldn't be provided for a fix but it is being investigated. Nearly a month now since I sent in my first support case. At least I got an actual non copy/paste reply which in itself is a small bonus these days.

No VU today was a good thing as we had no new bug but no fix as well... :/

But the flickering arm bug is now 6 weeks old, pffff, will they fix it before it becomes a normal feature?

Same for the half Mobs still walking around, it looks like an extermely complicated issue otherwise it would already have been fixed. :eyecrazy:

Seven weeks now, it's about to become a feature...

I suggest this cheap 2 lines storyline to save the 1 m/d needed for fixing the defect:
- Due to the atomic radiations from one of the Calypso moons, some Gamma-126 particles are emmited and create vision disturbance.
- The effect is that we can see some flashing images of our arms moving to the top left corner.

And for the half Mobs bug, it seems the Hussk got the virus as well :laugh:, let's say it's another visual effect of the Gamma-126 particles.

Seven weeks now, it's about to become a feature...

I suggest this cheap 2 lines storyline to save the 1 m/d needed for fixing the defect:
- Due to the atomic radiations from one of the Calypso moons, some Gamma-126 particles are emmited and create vision disturbance.
- The effect is that we can see some flashing images of our arms moving to the top left corner.

And for the half Mobs bug, it seems the Hussk got the virus as well :laugh:, let's say it's another visual effect of the Gamma-126 particles.

Gamma radiation is a packet of energy.
So it can't be called a particle or have an atomic number.
Just saying. :silly:

On topic, I haven't noticed this bug.
I usually hunt with rifles/carbines in third person on high settings.

Gamma radiation is a packet of energy.
So it can't be called a particle or have an atomic number.
Just saying. :silly:

On topic, I haven't noticed this bug.
I usually hunt with rifles/carbines in third person on high settings.

I'm not a scientist, please can you take 2 min and write a plausible explanations? :)

The bug is almost not visible in 3rd person view, and apperas every 3 to 5 shots in 1st person.

TBH, I admit the bug is not that annoying, but I am tired they break working things every VU then ignore our support cases during months, that's a disrespectful behaviour.

I get this with arms just equipped.
Not only in combat...
These side flickers would send an epileptic into a fit.
Please MA aka FPC fix it.

I'm not a scientist, please can you take 2 min and write a plausible explanations? :)

The bug is almost not visible in 3rd person view, and apperas every 3 to 5 shots in 1st person.

TBH, I admit the bug is not that annoying, but I am tired they break working things every VU then ignore our support cases during months, that's a disrespectful behaviour.

My explaination would be pretty similar to yours, just minor changes.
Like this:
- Due to the atomic radiations from one of the Calypso moons, some Gamma radiation is being emmmited and is creating vision disturbance.

Back