why can calypso add event spawns while ma still havent fixed mob spawns on every other planet?

Status
No that's what I just said they don't have to.

Sorry, I mean is you guys has the ability to adjust it online, but other PP can't, they needs to asking mindark to do it for them. And that looks like a disadvantage to other PP for me because you know how slow reply of mindark's employee is, someone told me he sent a letter more than 10 times until the employee of mindark replied it, don't ask me who tell me this ;););)

Kim, thanks for the clarification that there are different types of spawns, and that PPs don't have the same control over each. To see if I'm understanding correctly...

Why can Calypso add event spawns while MA still haven't fixed mob spawns on every other planet?

1) Other PPs can add event spawns if they wish, but they have to apply for MA to implement them.

2) The broken spawns on other planets are unrelated to event spawns, and we just have to wait on MA and/or PPs to fix the problem.

3) It's unclear why normal Calypso spawns were unaffected.

3) It's unclear why normal Calypso spawns were unaffected.

This is not actually correct, there are Calypso spawns that have been broken for ages too. Ripper-snapper next to Zychion as an example. Why it never makes the developers list or why it gets broken again is rather mystifying.

This is not actually correct, there are Calypso spawns that have been broken for ages too. Ripper-snapper next to Zychion as an example. Why it never makes the developers list or why it gets broken again is rather mystifying.

I belive neil was specificly referring to last vu bug, which this thread is referring to, where almost all mob spawns were reduced to near to nothing...

I'm not sure why you think it's necessary for you to speak up on issues that are really between MindArk and its Planet Partners. I know for a fact that MindArk has a very good dialogue with its PP's and if they felt they were being treated unfairly they would say so.

Wtf? nice atitude form a company that need custerms to seelthere goods.

you have a long road to go to learn how to react to custumers wquestions dougts etc.

in my country we say " talking like has a king in the stomach"

wellwhat else is new...

Yes we can do that, but can we use Cyrenes PvP system or Arkadias treasure hunting system? No we can't.

Are you talking about the treasure hunting system that is on hold until it is developed for the "Platform" to use and not just Arkadia?

It has been said more then once it is on hold by MA so they can make its use platform wide..Not because Arkadia does not have it ready. One official statement was that it is on hold for balancing through out the platform and that makes it an MA thing. Stating it is on hold for the platform also points to it being available for ALL planets.

BTW being bold in your statements like you are mad does not in anyway shape or form convince the community that Calypso is not favored over all the other planets. Specially when personally I hold a stable return mining and when an event is run on Caly my returns take a dive the entire time its run even when I am on Arkadia mining. In my eyes there is no way in hell you could prove to me that Caly is not the favored soul within the platform.

can really just calypso make event spawns adjust on the fly and the pp not?

if that the case there must be a regulatory that all can do the same.
otherwise there will always be the bad taste that someone want to just keep control of what others do to lay own cards right before the poker match even starts.

the mission reward also got rules for all now why are there other unequal things then?

and what was changed in last vu that the spawns on all planets get broken suddenly.

what was modified to the mob spawns that caused such bug suddenly?

see if a company want to safe its face and not loose trust you will not get pass to make clear and open clarification on what was meant to be done and why it happend other than plan and tell what you will do to make such thing not happen again.

you must stand you ground and go forward and not hide inside the castle in the hope that noone talks about it in a week. that just make people add up things and no wonder that people get angry all time.

is more than time to work to get all the social unrest away.

I would think that

1) It isn't up to MA to do anything about spawns, such decisions are to the PP, not MA
2) This is a Calypso forum, so spawns on other planets have no relevance in this area

Yes we can do that, but can we use Cyrenes PvP system or Arkadias treasure hunting system? No we can't.

Are you talking about the treasure hunting system that is on hold until it is developed for the "Platform" to use and not just Arkadia?

It has been said more then once it is on hold by MA so they can make its use platform wide..Not because Arkadia does not have it ready. One official statement was that it is on hold for balancing through out the platform and that makes it an MA thing. Stating it is on hold for the platform also points to it being available for ALL planets.

It may be on hold because the Mining Finders have been bugged since the redesign, and MA can't be bothered to fix their design flaw (Finders don't remember the last bomb type). I know Kim has known about this for nearly the full year since the redesign because he replied to the thread I posted about it. The redesign, which was full of other bugs as well, showed MA no longer had any developers who understood Mining; maybe they still don't.

:popcorn: Keep the thread alive, we are actually getting some info for once.

There is only one treasure hunting system and its been finished for over a year, ever since that button appeared in the mining finder. It's on hold because Arkadia has choosen not to implement it. The rest of the planets will be able to introduce it later after Arkadia has had exclusivity for a while.

Reactions: das
if planet Calypso would have been sold in a deal like the one that should have happened with SEE, would MA still remove ores from mobs like they did now ?
are you aware that this move, together with moving niksarium on other planets you are pushing at least a small part of Calypso population to the planet partners ? or make them quit the game ?
what did you do as planet partner to protect your player base from being sent to other planet partners ?
what motivates you to attract players from other planet partners ? *i know if PC would be sold to independent planet partner such motivation would exist*

if planet Calypso would have been sold in a deal like the one that should have happened with SEE, would MA still remove ores from mobs like they did now ?
are you aware that this move, together with moving niksarium on other planets you are pushing at least a small part of Calypso population to the planet partners ? or make them quit the game ?
what did you do as planet partner to protect your player base from being sent to other planet partners ?
what motivates you to attract players from other planet partners ? *i know if PC would be sold to independent planet partner such motivation would exist*

Why would he want the population of the planet and planet partner he works for to move to another planet simply because it is owned by AR Universe instead of sold to SEE or someone? :scratch2:

those questions are for Kim,if he wants to answer and it's him i am interested in what he has to say .

those questions are for Kim,if he wants to answer and it's him i am interested in what he has to say .

I am simply interested in knowing what possible motivation you believe he might have for wanting people to go to other planets. You may be interested in an answer from Kim, but I am interested in an answer from you to my question.

Why would he want the population of the planet and planet partner he works for to move to another planet simply because it is owned by AR Universe instead of sold to SEE or someone? :scratch2:

Well tbh only Kim can answer that, if it was true which i don't think would be logical. Olef would only be adding speculation to the original question by answering (which ofc he couldn't answer as he isn't Kim/Charlie).

I can kinda see why ores are reduced in mobs like Argo's/Drones as will lift mark up for miners short term i guess. It does make those mobs less attractive to hunt however so gained turnover mining may turn out to be less than lost turnover on the mobs from hunters.

They know best i guess :).

Back on topic : I had wondered about spawns myself, but the answers that Kim/Charlie gave kinda answer that. Also I guess having Jan as your father may help grease the wheels of co-operation, not meant as a sly dig more of a reality having worked in places with similiar situations concerning family run business and family in high positions. Not saying it's a planned thing, it just happens i find in these situations.

Knowing the son of Minister for tourism in Zimbabwe saved my ass literally when i was arrested during the elections there in 2002.

Last edited:

Very true and good point,

For calypso,

because this change screws up calypso and basically forces some people to move. Why would the planet partner not put up a fight? Also, if the planet partner is responsible for monster loot, why did calypso change or allow the change on ore dropping mobs? Expecially for drones/ argo as the calypso story gave the reason why it was looted from them.

MA owns Calypso? If Yes, why would MA want players to leave Calypso?
Can`t see any logic Your questions.

This thread is scary in so many ways and the decision to stay or invest deeper in this place is getting more and more crystalized for me at least.

Come on Kim..Here you say.."Originally Posted by Kim|Calypso "

And then you say... "Originally Posted by Kim|Calypso "
The rest of the planets will be able to introduce it later after Arkadia has had exclusivity for a while.

So in one answer you cant use it in next yes you can use it, Please make up your mind.:confused:

Fixing bugs is one thing and MindArk is certainly responsible for that (unless the PP did a mistake in the level design). However there's no need to tie this into a conspiracy involving Calypso.

Ok.So fixing bugs is your responsible whay do you have bugs in here for years like the fap bug ( out of range ) we have had it for years now and many more bugs how we player do lose money on.

There is only one treasure hunting system and its been finished for over a year, ever since that button appeared in the mining finder. It's on hold because Arkadia has choosen not to implement it.

Would it be possible to hide the button and the treasure-hunting skills until there is at least one planet who has decided to implement it? A bit more advanced; hide the button on the mining tool in areas which aren't prepared for treasure hunting (let's say by map). Maybe in the future there will be a planet (or "asteroid") that *only* has treasure hunting, or maybe oil as only resource (=enmatter only, ore disabled).

And if the tool would remember the setting, at least during a session, it would probably make life easier for miners who has different skills in prospecting and surveying so they want to use tool A for ores and tool B for enmatters (where tool A and tool B is well adjusted to skill level), without having to press buttons for every bomb/probe dropped.

Let me help you here a bit. What Fredy I infer is trying to say is that if SEE were owning Calypso they would have put more effort in disputing the issues at hand with regards to ore distribution with MindArk , which Calypso Development Team at the moment seem to not care or do anything about.

Still confused?:scratch2:

Well the reason is that the calypso team is presently not affected by change in Calypso's income but SEE would have been. This effects every CLD owner and if that doesnt make sense to you then i give up.

There is only one treasure hunting system and its been finished for over a year, ever since that button appeared in the mining finder. It's on hold because Arkadia has choosen not to implement it. The rest of the planets will be able to introduce it later after Arkadia has had exclusivity for a while.

And if the tool would remember the setting, at least during a session, it would probably make life easier for miners who has different skills in prospecting and surveying so they want to use tool A for ores and tool B for enmatters (where tool A and tool B is well adjusted to skill level), without having to press buttons for every bomb/probe dropped.

Exactly. There is no point Arkadia implementing Treasure Hunting until MA fix this design flaw because it would be unuseable for the majority of skilled miners.

I can't even bomb Ore and Enmatter in the same run because of it.

Kim, you've known about this for nearly a year - why don't you tell MA to fix it?

Let me help you here a bit. What Fredy I infer is trying to say is that if SEE were owning Calypso they would have put more effort in disputing the issues at hand with regards to ore distribution with MindArk , which Calypso Development Team at the moment seem to not care or do anything about.

The problem with that is that you have no idea whatsoever how much they protested this change. You have no idea what communication passes between MindArk and AR Universe (the Calypso team).

Well the reason is that the calypso team is presently not affected by change in Calypso's income but SEE would have been. This effects every CLD owner and if that doesnt make sense to you then i give up.

Obviously the team is affected by a change in the planets income, why wouldn't they be?

The problem with that is that you have no idea whatsoever how much they protested this change. You have no idea what communication passes between MindArk and AR Universe (the Calypso team).

That is basically the point and the problem and which is why the question was posed to Kim , but you chose to butt in and answer. You still don't see the light , do u?

Obviously the team is affected by a change in the planets income, why wouldn't they be?

Where exactly has this been stipulated that the salary of Kim or anyone else is dependent on the performance of Calypso?? Did u get a memo, cause i certainly dint.

That is basically the point and the problem and which is why the question was posed to Kim , but you chose to butt in and answer. You still don't see the light , do u?

I did not "butt in an answer", I asked a question. You can see the difference between a question and an answer, can't you?

Quite ironic, by the way, that you accuse me of "butting in and answering" by... Butting in and answering! :rolleyes:

Where exactly has this been stipulated that the salary of Kim or anyone else is dependent on the performance of Calypso?? Did u get a memo, cause i certainly dint.

Kim works for the Calypso planet partner, AR Universe. I simply asked Fredy what possible reason he believes this planet partner could have for not wanting players to stay on their planet just like any other planet parter.

I am still waiting for an actual answer to this question, but I really do not think I should get my hopes up on getting one.

As for the OP, this post does actually give a plain and simple response

I'm not sure why you think it's necessary for you to speak up on issues that are really between MindArk and its Planet Partners. I know for a fact that MindArk has a very good dialogue with its PP's and if they felt they were being treated unfairly they would say so.

I have to agree with kim there that any issues which a PP has with MA is for the PP to resolve and not for us to interfere with. If we have a problem , it should be directed at the respective PP. In the case of spawn issues, it should be directed to the PP's affected and let them respond.

thanks Divinity for your replies . you understood me best . i already +rep-ed you ,and can't rep again because you deserve more .

I did not "butt in an answer", I asked a question. You can see the difference between a question and an answer, can't you?

Quite ironic, by the way, that you accuse me of "butting in and answering" by... Butting in and answering! :rolleyes:

The question was not directed to u and as such you chose to "butt in" and counter the question. I chose to "butt in" and respond on Fredy's behalf. :)

Kim works for the Calypso planet partner, AR Universe. I simply asked Fredy what possible reason he believes this planet partner could have for not wanting players to stay on their planet just like any other planet parter.

I am still waiting for an actual answer to this question, but I really do not think I should get my hopes up on getting one.

Please read the above scenario and if you dont see the reason then i can assure you that ur hopes are misplaced indeed.

Status
Back