Achievement: First to complete dasp mission

There seems to be a misunderstanding. Dasp's aren't a typical iron mission mob. There's no 100/500/1k/5k/10k. You go straight to 5k. Add to that the massive health, and the reward is simply....

Let's put it this way, it's the exact same reward you get for the old original "find swamp camp" mission.

OK, so all we need is some player willing to grind over 117,000,000 total health (5k+10k) to see what the reward will be. (To compare that's grinding 60 Hussks single-handed.)

So hands up. Who's willing to give it a go? Any bets on the reward?

You can argue over the reward at 5k but as Nebu already stated, EMW did in fact NOT finish the mission, he refused to do the final 10k stage.

Looking at all other challenges, the reward for this one is probably massive at the end ... ... So whining is really pointless as (afaik) no iron challenges give skill rewards half way through.

And EMW, please no bitching about the massive losses. Dasp is a taxed only mob (correct me if I am wrong). Wanna do the math and calculate how many thousands of peds you knowingly wasted by hunting on taxed land?

That said, the system as it is in place is far from perfect and I feel for you, but as far as I am concerned, MA is not to blame.

The only thing I would blame MA is making some mobs only on taxed areas availble (CP is the best example... I find it a disgrace having an iron mission that I can only do on taxed land with not even a mini spawn anywhere else in the universe)

Just my 2 cents

Angel

Guess Buzz considered it disgrace not having an iron mission when other mobs had it.
I find it a disgrace having an iron mission that I can only do on taxed land with not even a mini spawn anywhere else in the universe

EMW, f*ck MA, complete the 10k.....stick it to the man! :smoke:

Guess Buzz considered it disgrace not having an iron mission when other mobs had it.

That argument is not a very strong one.

Yes, when Buzz bought CP, missions didn't exist (afaik). And by introducing mission I would have expected MA to offer each participant a chance to complete that mission without being at mercy of another player (what if Buzz sets tax to 10%, what if he kills of the DNA ... Granted, not likely scenarios but why would MA created content be at stake if another player can interfere with it?)

Just my 2 cents

Angel

Anyone going to do the Cornoanterion mission then? ;)

Gratz Most, good job :)

It's BS, plain and simple. It HAS to be an oversight that will be corrected.

Sucks that the reward sucked, sucks worse that the loot sucked. Makes it worse that participating in these "events" that MA is putting on seems to be the only way to get a decent UL drop now.

hey man, GZ on completing it

at the very minimum I now know, not to bother with them

It's bad enough when you see missions to kill 500 little mobs and get a nova fragment, but at this level it just looks like a sick joke.

Glad at least that MA is enforcing more balanced rules in a few months.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad reward on the 5k Dasps.

I really hope MA will compensate you in some way for the effort you invested in finishing one of the hardest missions in game.

At least you qualify for the most expensive Stamina ever bought :laugh:

PS: Still upset on me? :)

Reactions: EMW
Edit: Disregard - I was not aware the dasp mission started at 5k. Resume caterwauling :)

Last edited:
Grats.......:cheer:
Like MA told os --> So the loot is "dynamic" and "balanced".... (and now---> "fair").:handjob:

( MA is getting a bit psychotic ).

Grats.......:cheer:
Like MA told os --> So the loot is "dynamic" and "balanced".... (and now---> "fair").:handjob:

( MA is getting a bit psychotic ).

Well to be fair it was the Calypso Development Team that designed the Daspletor mission and subsequently is in charge of the rewards for the mission as well. MindArk has nothing to do with this "goof up" other than to say that it has to be rebalanced come August 21st..

~Danimal

10k kills reward will be greater than ever, you got 1 stamina who know if you wont get 1 to 5 stamina point at the end of it? plus a massive TT ammount of 1 to 3 different skills pickable!

nonetheless i'll grats you on the achievement (no matter how you treat some of your "friends" lately)

10k kills reward will be greater than ever, you got 1 stamina who know if you wont get 1 to 5 stamina point at the end of it? plus a massive TT ammount of 1 to 3 different skills pickable!

nonetheless i'll grats you on the achievement (no matter how you treat some of your "friends" lately)

But i think he is now in a Catch 22 situation.

As I see the rebalancing will give more skills at the intermediate stages instead of all at the end of the chain.

So in my view this means that he either finish the 10k Dasp befor MA changes the rewards of the missions or he will loose 1/3rd of the Skills as MA will give 1/3rd of the skills after 5k Dasps and the rest when you have killed the remaining 2/3rd after the 10k Dasps.

Really a bad situation you are in. :scratch2:

But i think he is now in a Catch 22 situation.

As I see the rebalancing will give more skills at the intermediate stages instead of all at the end of the chain.

So in my view this means that he either finish the 10k Dasp befor MA changes the rewards of the missions or he will loose 1/3rd of the Skills as MA will give 1/3rd of the skills after 5k Dasps and the rest when you have killed the remaining 2/3rd after the 10k Dasps.

Really a bad situation you are in. :scratch2:

The 10 k mission is no longer available to me anyway, so its all academic!

Wow way to go MA you surpassed even my expectations this time!!!

First of all, gratz EMW on completing this daunting mission, I doubt few will ever complete it.

Secondly, adjust your expectations, since your job has been to fill the pool so that some new guy might reap the reward ( and hence boost numbers ). Daft I know.

Still, congratulations.

Now you know why I didn't finish it. They said they are rebalancing missions and this was one I figured would get balanced in our favor. Grats on finishing but hopefully they'll let you do the new ones also after doing it.

I would request from support that you be "unrewarded" the 5k reward and allowed to complete it after the rebalance. You're really in a sad situation otherwise and I think this is a case of sufficient magnitude that they should be willing to reset you to 5k/5k killed so you can claim the reward after rebalance.

5000 missions are all the same.

They give the same rough rewards.

gz on doing this quest i understand it is very hard.

But the fact is 5000kills is 5000kills they can not offer anything special for Dasp otherwise they would have to change every 5000mission otherwise it would be unfair.

This is, i guess why they are changing this mission system.

Sorry about your disapointment, but your an high level player so you must have known it was coming ??

I always thought the reward would be 1 attri skill

The 10k reward will be very big though, so it would balance out.

It makes sense... if you complete the dasp mission, you are so awesome you don't need any more skills. Skills are for noobs anyway. You had the privilege to pay for the hardest thing anyone can do. Appreciate it!

5000 missions are all the same.

They give the same rough rewards.

gz on doing this quest i understand it is very hard.

But the fact is 5000kills is 5000kills they can not offer anything special for Dasp otherwise they would have to change every 5000mission otherwise it would be unfair.

This is, i guess why they are changing this mission system.

Sorry about your disapointment, but your an high level player so you must have known it was coming ??

I always thought the reward would be 1 attri skill

The 10k reward will be very big though, so it would balance out.

which other missions start at 5k?

It makes sense... if you complete the dasp mission, you are so awesome you don't need any more skills. Skills are for noobs anyway. You had the privilege to pay for the hardest thing anyone can do. Appreciate it!

LOL :laugh:

I would request from support that you be "unrewarded" the 5k reward and allowed to complete it after the rebalance. You're really in a sad situation otherwise and I think this is a case of sufficient magnitude that they should be willing to reset you to 5k/5k killed so you can claim the reward after rebalance.

Nice idea in an ideal world 8)

Nice idea in an ideal world 8)

What do you have to lose by trying? I think it would be a reasonable request and reasonable to grant it. Maybe post in the Dev forum to explain so it can get attention.

Certainly worth a try.

Back