FYI: Pirate List

Have you ever been shot down by a pirate?

• No

Votes: 55 17.9%
  • yes

Votes: 228 74.3%
  • no answer

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • I AM a frakken PIRATE, squab!

Votes: 20 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
How is this not locked? I understand ship names being allowed but player names? That clearly breaks a rule.

How is this not locked? I understand ship names being allowed but player names? That clearly breaks a rule.

Being a pirate is within the rules of EU, hence this list is not different than a list of traders, hunters,list of all avatars wearing a cowboy hat... It would be against the rules of this forum if it was a list of scammers, but it is not. And so this thread won't be locked as long as people stay civil in their posts.

You can add me to the list if you want. I don't log in much, but I've recently acquired a new computer and re-located to a town with much better internet connection.

I've always had a theory that latency plays a HUGE role in PVP. I know how crappy I was a few mths ago in PVP. Now I plan to log 10 or 15 hours in space attempting PVP to see if I still suck just as bad with less latency, or if I'm any better.

That being said... if I loot you.. add me to FL and I'll return any loot beyond 100 PED. (If I loot 250 PED off you I'll give back 150. If I loot 5k PED, I'll return 4900. etc. If I loot 40 PED... you're beat.)

I'll post back here when my "testing" is complete and I am no longer shooting at other players. I've got a reputation for NOT shooting other and saying a friendly "Hi" instead so it's only fair that I announce my temporary cross-over to the "dark side".

Menace

Agreed

I personally never carry loot into space (when I'm not stupid and accept a summon without storage first). I've been shot down I think three times. For me, the idea of pirate danger in space is exciting. Knowing that at any time you could be in someone's crosshairs and flaming out makes the blood pump a bit more. I like the danger aspect of it. It makes the game more interesting. And the fact that the people pirating could lock you down somewhere if they had a mind to is, while mean, completely within their rights. It's a real cash economy, and about the closest mirror to real life I've seen in an MMO. The attitudes of the players reflect that, the way the OP is pissed about pirating, the way the pirates are apparantly paying "special attention" to him because of that. I think it's all incredibly cool.

It's nice to spend time in a place where people don't feel entitled to a good life simply because daddy forgot his condom one night. Here, you're on your own. People help you if they want to, if they think you deserve it.

I fucking love this game. Problems and all.

Never thought this would get this much input. And although I am sincere about which side I pick in this battle, I can apprieciate what the pirates add to the game. Some of the dogfights, although I always lose, are THE BEST times I have had in this game. Flying by the seat of my pants! As to what else piracy adds to the game, who would fly the motherships except those in a hurry? And what would it do to trade if their was not the ever present danger of being looted in space?

Pirates add something, a great thing to this game. It is just I would not step into the arena with an advanced player, and all of space is an arena. Go to space, prepare to die, and be looted. And no one is doing anything about it, and even if they were, it would make little impact because there is no reason to kill lootless pirates except for personal satisfaction. There is no reward.

I called to many when space was broken, and there were people floating all over like turds in a toilet bowl. It would have been nice to kill a few pirates then, and leave them stranded in space with no revive for God knows how long. That is vengence, and no one jumped to the opportunity. Didn't see any pirates that day anyways....

So no matter which side ur on, or even if you aren't on one, this is interesting and exciting, thought provoking and emotional. Im glad to see it develop,

-hip

lol, I just went and checked to see if there had been a rule change I didn't know about. Didn't see one. Maybe you could point it out to us.:D Far as I can see it's an information thread to help people identify pirates? What's the problem? :scratch2:

I bet you're never looked at the rules. It's always funny when people who have never read the rules, lecture about the rules...LOL

Here, i'll give you a link to save you searching. :) https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?114-planet-calypso-forum-rules

Troll

I have this guy trolling a post in the Arkadia forum as well. Dont know which one ticked him off first, the Pirate List or the Jori Event, but it is no co-incedence. Maybe just dont like me.

No matter...

I have a link for all my detractors, if you have some problem with me, this explains everything to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oHYYaw9jA

-hip

jack hipster kimbal

2013-02-28 21:10:45 [Local] [] jack hipster kimbal destroyed Quad-Wing Interceptor.
2013-02-28 21:10:53 [Local] [] You take 90.7 points of damage.
2013-02-28 21:10:54 [Local] [] jack hipster kimbal killed Lady Jennifer Art.
2013-02-28 21:11:01 [Local] [] jack hipster kimbal Killed Rob Reaty Te

Point proven, this thread is almost invalid.

Being a pirate is within the rules of EU, hence this list is not different than a list of traders, hunters,list of all avatars wearing a cowboy hat... It would be against the rules of this forum if it was a list of scammers, but it is not. And so this thread won't be locked as long as people stay civil in their posts.

Ahh. Even though it's in a negative light? I thought the rule was no posting bad things with IGN's attached. (very rough approximation of the wording lmfao)

lol, I just went and checked to see if there had been a rule change I didn't know about. Didn't see one. Maybe you could point it out to us.:D Far as I can see it's an information thread to help people identify pirates? What's the problem? :scratch2:

I bet you're never looked at the rules. It's always funny when people who have never read the rules, lecture about the rules...LOL

Here, i'll give you a link to save you searching. :) https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?114-planet-calypso-forum-rules

I was referring several rules, I am sure a mod would agree you cannot post slanderously about an IGN. It's also funny when people who have no idea what people have done accuse them of not doing things, lecture about doing things...LOL
I am shocked that I am being accused of 'trolling' though. I was simply stating that I was surprised this thread is not closed due to what I assumed to be breaking several rules. But I now see upon review that refers more to scamming and not negative posts about a player.

2.3 - Personal Disputes
Personal issues between individuals or societies should NOT be debated in the public forum areas and are not permitted. Such threads will be removed without notice, since they often promote an escalation of rudeness, insults, and flaming. If you feel that another member has attacked you unfairly, send a private message to a forum moderator or administrator. If you feel that an Entropia Universe participant has wronged, defrauded or harassed you, file a support case at PlanetCalypso.com.

Rule # 14
Accusations of "scamming" that name specific EntropiaUniverse avatars or EntropiaForum members are NOT allowed. Such threads or posts will be edited/deleted or locked without notice.

An here is an entire thread based on it:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...d-shaming-quot-forum-rule&highlight=rationale

For reference, the following text is one I'm am using for PMs to explain to new users who unknowingly break the no-naming rule why it exists. I don't include every reason why the rule exists, just enough to show the basic motives behind the rule and why it is required:

The Rule not to allow the naming of alleged scammers on EF was brought about for a number of very good reasons (and thus is not likely to change) including:

(i) Its very easy for people to make false accusations against people they don't like.
(ii) Its very easy for evidence (for example, screenshots) in false accusations to be faked.
(iii) Consequently, its very hard for anyone at EF to find out whether an allegation is true or false.
(iv) Even if the allegation is true, there's very little anyone at EF can do about it.
(v) Users are instead encouraged to send the info to MindArk via a support case. They have logs that can be used to verify the truth of allegations. And they have the means to hand out punishment to those who were correctly accused.
(vi) There's only so many names people can remember. Once the list grows too long people will forget the names anyway.
(vii) Scammers will regularly get new accounts in any case. Consequently the list will, in majority, consist of a list of old avatars that scammers no longer use.
(viii) Adding a name to the list will alert a scammer he's been found out, thus possibly causing the scammer to get a new account.
(ix) It is better to alert people to scam practices and to show them how to be vigilant, how not to leave themselves vulnerable, rather than to tell them to look out for specific avatars.
(x) Before the Rule was in place it was too much work for the moderators who had to deal with all the ensuing complaints, as well as try to determine which allegations were probably true and which were likely false.

If this were a violation...

If you didn't notice, this was discussed at the begining of this thread. It was suggested that this may be a violation. The thread was not closed, locked or removed. Therefore, it is NOT a violation. The only reason anyone would want it locked is because it effects them personally. If your a pirate and your proud clap your hands.....

Piracy is part of the game. Dont be ashamed! Think of this not as an advisory for their wary victems, but as an advertisement to potential leeches if you must.

This thread is not locked, closed, or remove ERGO, it is not a violation. That horse is dead. Stop beating it.

-hip

I see nothing wrong with a list of known pirates...how else do we know who not to do buisness with? and who to treat like a leper?

I mean if a guy is going to fly around trying to kill and loot his fellow community members. Its only natural those same victims, would not want to do business with him or others like him.

Who wants to buy stolen loot? or support killers and robbers? thats imo the point of this list...so we know who not to do business with :)

I see nothing wrong with a list of known pirates...how else do we know who not to do buisness with? and who to treat like a leper?

I mean if a guy is going to fly around trying to kill and loot his fellow community members. Its only natural those same victims, would not want to do business with him or others like him.

Who wants to buy stolen loot? or support killers and robbers? thats imo the point of this list...so we know who not to do business with :)

Yea like I said I just thought it was against the rules and was wrong. I got nothing against the list.

Piracy is within the rules

No, piracy is within the rules and right. The list, the list is baaaaaaad

I would buy stolen loot anytime if the price is right just like everyone else ingame.

Upon reviewing the rules, I know for sure this thread is not allowed.

2.11 - Entropia Universe Terms of Use/EULA Violation
Any thread, post, signature or publicly viewable content that clearly violates the Entropia Universe Terms of Use or End User License Agreement (EULA) will be deleted without notice, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice, and if severe enough it may have impact on your ingame account. This rule includes such things as the sale of avatars, the sale of PED or items for cash, attempts to circumvent the official deposit/withdrawal channels, attempts to exploit a weakness in the client software and/or Entropia Universe servers, or defamation of any person, firm or entity, including, without limitation, MindArk PE AB, AR Universe AB, Forum Staff, Entropia Universe planet partners, MindArk's representatives and/or Entropia Universe.

This thread is defaming the pirates is it not? It states the pirates are scoundrels which is a negative or inferior image given to them, thus breaking that rule.

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation a negative or inferior image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published, whether true or false.

I think that's part of the pirate code. If your not constantly being famed on the forums or in game, then your not pirating enough. At least if I was a pirate, I would expect to be called a thief, scoundrel, or overall bastard, otherwise, where's the fun in it? :scratch2: Maybe the modern pirate is more sensitive. If so, shoot him down for being a big sissy. ;)

Any thread, post, signature or publicly viewable content that clearly violates the Entropia Universe Terms of Use or End User License Agreement (EULA) will be deleted without notice, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice, and if severe enough it may have impact on your ingame account. This rule includes such things as the sale of avatars, the sale of PED or items for cash, attempts to circumvent the official deposit/withdrawal channels, attempts to exploit a weakness in the client software and/or Entropia Universe servers, or defamation of any person, firm or entity, including, without limitation, MindArk PE AB, AR Universe AB, Forum Staff, Entropia Universe planet partners, MindArk's representatives and/or Entropia Universe.

This thread is defaming the pirates is it not? It states the pirates are scoundrels which is a negative or inferior image given to them, thus breaking that rule.

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation a negative or inferior image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published, whether true or false.

Pirates can stand up for themselves. They can report the thread or post a protest. They don't need you to whine on their behalf.

Go find something useful to do ffs.

Pirate: 'anyone who roves about in quest of plunder; one who robs with violence; a marauder, despoiler. (Definition in the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary)

Players who take these roles in EU describe themselves as 'pirates', which is - by definition - a perjorative term. Given that the players involved embrace this title themselves though, I don't see that it can be considered defamatory. Their actions are not only permitted in the rules, but MindArk has clearly gone to some effort to create this as an ingame profession.

I find nothing in the forum rules to prevent people from making a list of people engaged in any recognised ingame profession. Healers, beauticians, pilots, traders, colorers all come to mind. Pirates are just another.

Oh, and the 'Rude' etc tags in the OP are presumably the karma rating of the player's ship. Nothing defamatory in listing those either, given that those are the names of the ratings that have been created by MindArk.

Last edited:
Okay just checking. That rule seemed to apply here very much so.
Live on thread live on. ;)

Didn't see an active pirate list, so here it goes. Add your story and I will add your suspected scounderal!

ponyhate.jpg

Status
Back