Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Avatar Update #2[/h]Feedback received through support cases and community forum discussions indicates that several issues related to the new avatar creation system have resulted in many participants finding it difficult to create their desired avatar appearance.

MindArk wishes to do everything possible to assist participants in achieving their desired avatar look. As such, it has been decided to temporarily allow participants to go through the avatar creation process as many times as they wish. This offer will be enabled when the mini-patch is deployed early next week, and will allow participants to use the avatar creation interface an unlimited number of times for a period of approximately one week.

Below is a list of currently known avatar system issues. Please do not submit support cases on these issues, as they have already been identified and will be addressed in the VU patch next week. For other issues not listed here, please make an effort to include as much description and information as possible when submitting support cases, so that the support and development teams can better prioritize issues and implement fixes.

Known Issues
  • Locked movement can occur for Body Sculptor Designers after closing the Body Sculpting UI. In such cases a relog will correct the issue.
  • Locked movement can occur when trying to enter avatar creation areas that are full. In such cases a relog will correct the issue.
  • Due to last minute integration issues, makeup masks will not be available in this release. Makeup masks will be activated in the release patch, expected in one week.
  • Makeup masks created during the avatar creation process are not visible in the Start Room, but will become visible again once your avatar arrives on a planet for the first destination.
  • Female makeup masks appear fully decayed when arriving on a planet for the first time. This is a visual bug only, the masks are not decayed.
  • Performance issues with certain graphics cards in areas with many avatars on screen.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work on resolving these issues in the coming days.

Originally Posted Here

[DELETED]

What about our avatars getting really tanned at the moment they leave the creation room?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wonder if I can go in the avatar creation area with the avatar I have right now and do some tweaking instead of starting all over every time?

[h=3]
MindArk wishes to do everything possible to assist participants in achieving their desired avatar look. As such, it has been decided to temporarily allow participants to go through the avatar creation process as many times as they wish. This offer will be enabled when the mini-patch is deployed early next week, and will allow participants to use the avatar creation interface an unlimited number of times

[/url]

Great idea :girl:

Can I ask.... Will the avatar be returned to basic each time? Like can you go in and make changes - or each time do you have to re-do the whole thing?

Great idea :girl:

Yes, I just hope the system uses your current (or last) avatar as a starting point to tweak it, not have you start off each time with a generic mannequin doll. I bet a good percentage of us are happy with 80% of our avatar appearances, we just want to adjust a few minor things like skin color and reduce our big asses & hips. :D

MindArk wishes to do everything possible to assist participants in achieving their desired avatar look. As such, it has been decided to temporarily allow participants to go through the avatar creation process as many times as they wish. This offer will be enabled when the mini-patch is deployed early next week, and will allow participants to use the avatar creation interface an unlimited number of times for a period of approximately one week.
Exactly what I was expected from start, to be able to test avatar in different day times, locations, clothes, armors etc.

Thank you, first good news since VU :)

When you go into the creation room you will look the same way you do now, it does not reset your current Appearance.

Unlimited for a week! LOL bring on the Mutants! :laugh:

When you go into the creation room you will look the same way you do now, it does not reset your current Appearance.

Umm...how do you know this? The avatar creation yesterday certainly didn't start off with my pre-existing avatar as a starting point...

This is very much appreciated! I can have a little play with things each time I log in, and really get a handle on how to make my ava fit my mind's eye pic of it :)

Btw, is anyone else getting a glitch when a mob hits you?
It's like the lower half of the ava does an inversion and shows upside down from the waist up.
One of my soc guys has something similar, but only said its only when he shoots, not gets hit.

...we just want to... reduce our big asses & hips. :D

I think this kinda deserves a ban for future crime, an attempt to commit sacrilege upon your digiself without involvement of the democratic process.

Shame on you... shame, shame.

Thanks MA, that's really what we needed.

Umm...how do you know this? The avatar creation yesterday certainly didn't start off with my pre-existing avatar as a starting point...

It really tried to start with your old avatar but the system changed so much that it wasn't possible to do precisely. Still, many features were quite recognizable for me and many sliders were where I always used to set them, like brilliance to minimum, legs to body ratio to maximum, etc. And since your new appearance already uses the new system, it's logical that it can be fully imported back into the recreating interface.

It's like the lower half of the ava does an inversion and shows upside down from the waist up.
One of my soc guys has something similar, but only said its only when he shoots, not gets hit.

Yes, I get it every time i'm hit by a mob, also flickers like mad, annoying.

Same problem here. Have not really checked whether it happens when I am hit or not. Filed a support case.

Too annoying to continue to hunt. Too many critical bugs in this VU to continue to play normally. Will wait for next patch.

Nice to hear since I aswell can give birth to a Proteron atm!

Luv U long time

Sweet!! I to hope that it won't start from scratch. I like how my face turned out just not the body or the colours.. :) ...................

Nice news indeed. But that doesn't mean they dont FIX the mess they have left behind with all clothes/armor and textures/mapping/clipping/reflectives/glows/seams/etc (even furniture is corrupt).

Also, since all new players who enters EU will ALSO mess up their avatar - will they also get 7 free days of tweaks till perfection?

Exactly what I was expected from start, to be able to test avatar in different day times, locations, clothes, armors etc.

Thank you, first good news since VU :)

Also, since all new players who enters EU will ALSO mess up their avatar - will they also get 7 free days of tweaks till perfection?

tbh it should be like that for the first week of any new avatar, how many of people skip or barely spend any time in the avatar creator only to regret it when they log in for the first time.

My problem at the moment is I'm not happy with my avatars shoulder and head position, this might be an effect of wearing armor but they don't look right in game and with the armor they used in the creator I couldn't see the problem until it was too late. A plainer armor in the creator would be a nice addition to the more elaborate one even if it's only pixie.

MA, will the new update fix the lag issues that the new system has. If you say yes, to this, will you give every member 1000ped if they find that your new system is not as you have stated?

Please MA, before you do kill yourself stop and look at what you got and fix it and then as you see that your system is working and members would like NEW features to a already well running system, then think of adding new features.

hmm mine was the same & so was Beechs, will try find someone on game today who has not remade and get some pics to confirm this.

I have not remade my ava yet, it reminds of the old one but has gained 20kg :p

I have not remade my ava yet, it reminds of the old one but has gained 20kg :p

Same here exept u are lucky ;p
Mine is +200kg and the only thing that is a bit like my old is the hair rofl ;)

But now i got a good chanse to change that good move MA :)

Can I ask.... Will the avatar be returned to basic each time? Like can you go in and make changes - or each time do you have to re-do the whole thing?

Would be nice to just go in and TWEEK but I have a feeling if we go in, we have to start from scratch. Of course if we can remember what we did prior, that might help. guess we will find out next week. I am just glad we can do this many times. Of course they should have fixes so that colors are right, boobs aren't bigger than chosen etc and blah blah .

Bertha you forgot to mention that just about every texture applied to clothing looks shit at the moment and clothes are looking aweful? Why does this not rate a mention? My polished chrome coat looks like tarnished silver!

And you know this how? Not being argumentative, just curious........

This is very much appreciated! I can have a little play with things each time I log in, and really get a handle on how to make my ava fit my mind's eye pic of it :)

Yes, Roni, and Newyork Rose. myself and I am sure others as well are experiencing this. Roni had that long ago on cyrene, but they had fixed it once. Back to the drawing board for MA

Thanks MA, that's really what we needed.

It really tried to start with your old avatar but the system changed so much that it wasn't possible to do precisely. Still, many features were quite recognizable for me and many sliders were where I always used to set them, like brilliance to minimum, legs to body ratio to maximum, etc. And since your new appearance already uses the new system, it's logical that it can be fully imported back into the recreating interface.

Svarog, I saw the billiance in the creation room, messed with it but didn't see it do anything. Can you elaborate on what it does exactly?

Sweet!! I to hope that it won't start from scratch. I like how my face turned out just not the body or the colours.. :) ...................

ya look close to Roni, minus the facial and chest hair. :) You look good.............

Back