Known Issue: Spaceship Summoning

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Known Issue: Spaceship Summoning[/h] An issue has been reported by many participants relating to abuse of the spaceship guestlist and summoning systems. We would like to reassure everyone that MindArk's support and development teams are aware of the issue, and it will be addressed in the next release.

Until such time, any participant found using the guestlist/summon system to loot other participants risks sanctions being taken against their Entropia Universe account, including temporary or permanent account termination depending on the severity of abuse.

We appreciate your patience while we work to improve the spaceship guestlist and summoning systems.

Originally Posted Here

Reactions: aia
:yay:

Took ya a week and a half but better late than never.

Better late than never, I guess.

Now why is it those who abuse the summonse to loot others only risk sanctions? If found guilty it should be a promise or guarantee of sanctions. Or am I being too picky?

Better late than never, I guess.

Now why is it those who abuse the summonse to loot others only risk sanctions? If found guilty it should be a promise or guarantee of sanctions. Or am I being too picky?

Maybe it is something like:

Did it once = Warning
Did it more than once = Temp ban
Did it often = Perma ban

:dunno:

hF89D4EB8

Thanks alot, it took some time to write, but better late than never.

so.... using an exploit for 2 weeks that causes people to lose alot of real Money to exploiting thives results in a post on the forum that says "don't do it, or else we might do something"

after all, it's only theft...

So who's got the culprits on their FL? They been online yet today?

Menace

Give MA a break. They've got a lot on their minds with desperately trying to figure out what new estate/moon/satellite/asteroid/planet they are going to auction off this year. Players intentionally abusing a stupid, half-assed system to actively steal from other players in a "Real Cash Economy" game needs to take a back seat.

Finally.. Now ban that mofo please.

Yes, they should ban the assholes.
Permanently, for exploiting the system, harassing the player base, and stealing from said player base.

just PERM BAN!

this act is clearly cheating and stealing

They are essentially just pick pocketing users!

Who knows, maybe MA has a bigger problem to handle, or at least figure
out a solution for it, which make this annoying problem suffer, since their
attention is elsewhere... ;)

We as players should not accept this response and push the issue.

The cheats involved were stealing money for over a week while MA was on vacation. At minimum they (all involved) deserve a LONG ban. Not a warn that if it continues they may get a ban.

MA, show your customers you will not have their money stolen by bug abuse, or you risk losing many depositing customers.

Teach the offending players a serious lesson NOW!

Yes, they should ban the assholes.
Permanently, for exploiting the system, harassing the player base, and stealing from said player base.

just PERM BAN!

this act is clearly cheating and stealing

They are essentially just pick pocketing users!

We as players should not accept this response and push the issue.

The cheats involved were stealing money for over a week while MA was on vacation. At minimum they (all involved) deserve a LONG ban. Not a warn that if it continues they may get a ban.

MA, show your customers you will not have their money stolen by bug abuse, or you risk losing many depositing customers.

Teach the offending players a serious lesson NOW!

Somehow I was reminded of this...

:laugh:

:laugh:

You're not the only one.

I'd like to see some faster response times from the developers on some of these issues, myself. Even if its clearly stating that problem X is under investigation, and any players using problem X will face at minimum a 72 hour ban.

A witch doesn't exist but these exploiters are very much real. So that's a failed comparison :)

I wouldn't be surprised if these exploiters are banned permanently. There is a strong case against them but very little in favour for them. Actually can't think of anything in favour of them...

When they perma ban them MA should give me the UL Quad... I'll TT it on live stream. :D

Menace

A witch doesn't exist but these exploiters are very much real. So that's a failed comparison :)

I wouldn't be surprised if these exploiters are banned permanently. There is a strong case against them but very little in favour for them. Actually can't think of anything in favour of them...

I wrote, "...reminded of..." I didn't say it was a direct 1 to 1 comparison, reading comprehension FTW!

If I was really motivated, and I'm not, I'd go learn some video editing program and cut all the flawed logic parts out because you know, zomg apparently they aren't witches... orly?!? and just post the part where they are yelling , "BURN HER!" Because that's what I see in these kinds of threads. People getting all wound up working each other up into a frenzy, I can just hear the crowd yelling, " blah blah blah." "EXPLOITERSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! "BAN THEM!" MURDERING THIEVES ATE MY BABAH!" "blah blah blah." MA's said they are aware and going to do something about it and gave the warning, the continued gnashing of teeth about it is getting worn out.

Why this information still is not yet on ClientLoader? Without it and just BerthaBot posting here this is still no official information.

And to everyone who think that people who used this scam/exploit before official information made i just have this sentence for you: "lex retro non agit"

I am really sorry about this and to be honest i limited my gametime due to this also (there were other reasons too) so i am also really dissapointed that MA took so much time to even notice the problem - however best chances are that people who summoned and looted others will get at best temp ban "for investigation" - nothing more. At least this is something i would expect.

Of course anyone who would continue after receiving official information probably will actually get perm ban - but wihtout this info on ClientLoader there is no official information out there.

Falagor
:bandit:

ban them

The players involved in the summoning exploit as well as the players that helped shoot other players after summoned into space should be banned, permanently. There should be no question about it, just because someone had enough money to buy a privateer doesn't make them any better than anyone else, they should be banned and lose everything, the ship and the account, or in the case of this player, more than one account.

Pretty simple. MA will wait as long as possible to ban players if they make steady deposits.

so.... using an exploit for 2 weeks that causes people to lose alot of real Money to exploiting thives results in a post on the forum that says "don't do it, or else we might do something"

Pirate : Yaah, til people send 10 000 support cases, we're in peace !
Pirate : hopefully for us, there are only 5 000 active players :).

God (after a deserved nap) : Oh, bad bad boys you are...

this should have been fix after the first report

its like hey the bank forgot to close the doors for the week end and didnt lock the safe you call the police people are stealing money

the police say if there were that stupid to leave the door open let the poeple help them selves

anyway talk to one friend that didnt log for a few month and happen to log on last week and got summon and lost 1k in loot

they should give back what ever poeple lost because of there laysy ass to move to get this fix

sell the ship at auction and give the ped back or loot what people lost

So you are sending message that it is ok to harass, exploit and abuse the system???? when you perks on vacations and until you put up warning notice on forum or client loader.
there is enough cry over unfair abuse of system by idiots and you have enough support and evidence,,,ban the fuckers and send strong message.

this should have been fix after the first report

its like hey the bank forgot to close the doors for the week end and didnt lock the safe you call the police people are stealing money

the police say if there were that stupid to leave the door open let the poeple help them selves

anyway talk to one friend that didnt log for a few month and happen to log on last week and got summon and lost 1k in loot

they should give back what ever poeple lost because of there laysy ass to move to get this fix

sell the ship at auction and give the ped back or loot what people lost

You are talking about a company that coded a revive bug that has not been fixed in what almost a year since it was introduced that affects all players. You really think they would fix something this small that fast?:loco:

Britain's Wicca Man: Modern Pagan Witchcraft Documentary
:poke:

Translation:
Gratz for coming up with an inventive way to steal loot. You can keep what you got so far, but don't do it again, or we promise we might do something, m'kay?
Yes, my translation is similar. Snape (Ark forum mod) said "someone pretty high in MA was notified and didn't like it at all" (quoted from memory). Means the guy got the info, and there was some kind of communication about the 1st superficial impression.

Several days later we get an official announcement that says: We'll fix the interface (someday), don't do it again or we will investigate.
That's it. Not a word about banning those who have already used it in the past.
Not too hard to read between those lines and see what was the final decision of this "someone pretty high in MA hierarchy"...

Wrong decision. :ahh:

Back