Merry Mayhem level 4 JOKE!

loren

Stalker
Loren
I think its a joke that we are expected to hunt at level 70-100? wide range!!! crazy....

Its pointless no chance on the boss can't kill spiders, its way too high a jump from lvl 3 so for that reason im out!

I'm sure a lot more people feel the same its BS not to mention the error you get every time you kill a mob ffs!

thumb up i atleast laughed, i was expecting spider to be lowered down alot, looks like i still have to wear full sentinel to make a decent hunt without death

yes in cat 5 same problem but I do wanna point out that the gap your pointing out was a fucking lot larger last year. 75-whatever the highest lv is was cat 4 last year. so at least its only a 30lv band.. and if u want u can do teams in cat 5 as much as you want and it don't count toward your team runs for event. but I and peoples in cat 5 can only go in our cat 5 solo or team. and most of us cant even kill the mobs. lol just star and a couple others.

I feel your headache. sorry yall got it the same way.

yes in cat 5 same problem but I do wanna point out that the gap your pointing out was a fucking lot larger last year. 75-whatever the highest lv is was cat 4 last year. so at least its only a 30lv band.. and if u want u can do teams in cat 5 as much as you want and it don't count toward your team runs for event. but I and peoples in cat 5 can only go in our cat 5 solo or team. and most of us cant even kill the mobs. lol just star and a couple others.

I feel your headache. sorry yall got it the same way.

Sounds to me like if you at least complete your 30hrs in solo you'll almost be guaranteed a prize if there really are only a select few able to participate.

I thought there would be quite a few lvl 100+ players.

Sound to me that they are just complaining that they cant hunt the spiders and the boss.
Im hunting in Cat S4 in Jarhead + 5D plates and unenhanced Imk2 just for fun, i can read forum while killing the Kerberos so not that hard.

The spiders are supposed to be hard or do you expect to be able to hunt them in mid level armor and/or mid level healing tool in the 2 highest categorys?

Sound to me that they are just complaining that they cant hunt the spiders and the boss.
Im hunting in Cat S4 in Jarhead + 5D plates and unenhanced Imk2 just for fun, i can read forum while killing the Kerberos so not that hard.

The spiders are supposed to be hard or do you expect to be able to hunt them in mid level armor and/or mid level healing tool in the 2 highest categorys?

since when has shadow ever been a mid level armor. Toad, stop being a fucking forum troll.

The point is there is no option for us if we don't wanna compete and just shoot bosses n spiders for fun in any category. I tried not to bitch at all but when you see people like nadie commenting on the difficulty it should bring more than ur smartass remarks.

LB

I also will be doing Cat 4 and it was hard work last year. Sad to hear that the spiders are again impossible. The gap of 70-100 is fine, but all those players who don't own a mod Merc and an imp fap, it's going to be tough. Suggest they drop the stats slightly on the Cat 4 mobs solo.

can't agree more!!
I am lvl 73 and was going to borrow a X5.
I can kill Kerberos in 4 but when you stand in the wrong place (respawn) you agro 3-4 of them and than there is no chance with CRA/5b. It's more fapping than shooting.

I am happy to not depo 2k $ before i tested the Cat. - now im out and def. not depositing.

Seams MA still think that LVL70+ hunter all have Shadow and other uber gear - wake up!

Just a little hint, shadow n supremacy is not the way to go, try some polaris instead (havent tried just a guess)

Just a little hint, shadow n supremacy is not the way to go, try some polaris instead (havent tried just a guess)

pretty good guess though, polaris outperforms shadow in mayhem :)
(might depend on specific mob/level though?)

Your post in combination with your soc name made me :laugh:

since when has shadow ever been a mid level armor. Toad, stop being a fucking forum troll.

LB

Based on this post it shows that you have no idea how armor works. Have you done any research on the mob damage types to see if the armor+plates you are using is suited for them? Or you're just wearing shadow because it has the uber armor tag on it and expect to hunt every mob.

What a great hunter! :bowdown:

Based on this post it shows that you have no idea how armor works. Have you done any research on the mob damage types to see if the armor+plates you are using is suited for them? Or you're just wearing shadow because it has the uber armor tag on it and expect to hunt every mob.

What a great hunter! :bowdown:

It only takes the terminator to win mayhem :D Fck skills, knowledge, tactics and other gear :)

For the record.. this is meant as a joke

Have you done any research on the mob damage types to see if the armor+plates you are using is suited for them?

Actually, there's a post that suggests armour plates have altered the way they work. It may be that an armour with no cold protection is taking full cold damage where as before it would be (strangely) dissipated by the plates over protection of impact/cut.

Further research needs doing on this, but could be the reason why people are having trouble on mayhem mobs (and the complaints about feffox damage)

Actually, there's a post that suggests armour plates have altered the way they work. It may be that an armour with no cold protection is taking full cold damage where as before it would be (strangely) dissipated by the plates over protection of impact/cut.

Further research needs doing on this, but could be the reason why people are having trouble on mayhem mobs (and the complaints about feffox damage)

well said :wise:

Armor finally works as it should. Before that it worked counter intuitive.

In the thread How armor works, there is a section called "Unexpected protection" which explains why on some mobs and with some armors you would experience low amounts of damage even if you should have seen more damage.

Now you can't compensate the lack of adequate protection on armor by having one of the most common types of protections(imp/cut/stab) in high amounts on both armors and plates.

Yep, and although most people will be disadvantaged by this new system I think it's a good move. This is how plates should have worked from the start, and it makes those specialized armours more useful (at the expense of the pure c/s/i armours)

I agree with slither that this was a good move from MA to fix the unexpected protection on armor and plates

Yep,
Pulsar 3 Plates with 5 Cut, 26 Cold, and 11500 Durability
or
Pulsar 8 Plates with 11 Impact, 19 Cut, 6 stab, and 14000 Durability

sound like good options, Add me in game if you need any ;)

Goodluck in MM

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

I know you have shadow, how much cold protection does that armor have?

The point is there is no option for us if we don't wanna compete and just shoot bosses n spiders for fun in any category. I tried not to bitch at all but when you see people like nadie commenting on the difficulty it should bring more than ur smartass remarks.

LB

last year it was lvl 75 - 160 or what highest avatar has atm.

i Think 70-99 is alot better?

i dont understand why people still complain, how many cat do u want? one for each lvl?

I tried a spider in S4 in Polaris + 5B now, i could kill it but regen X is to slow, with a better fap i could hunt them but im only on the low end of cat 4 at level 73 laser sniper, 203 hp and 42 evader so i guess im supposed to hunt kerberos ;)

Ideally there would be a category for every 5 levels, or at least 10 levels. If you're 70-80, you're really not competing with your peers, when there are people 90-100 in the same category. 30 level gap is ludicrous, it really is. I can think of another game right now, that has competitive "battlegrounds", the tiers are broken up into level ranges no bigger than 5, and then they scale the lower levels stats up to make it more balanced. No need to scale the damage up, but at least make the categories more competitive.

If you're level 70-80, are you really going to pick up an LR-60 (L), or something similar that's in good stock, and expect to win this thing? You'd just be doing it for fun. I want to participate in the event, and I want to be competitive in it. To hell with spending 100k ped or whatever it is to chip up to 90 from 76 for that though. What kind of competition is it when I know I'm going to be squashed before I even try? MA/PC needs to put themselves in the shoes of a lvl 70, with a budget of 10k peds, which is probably more than the average lvl 70 has to spend for mayhem, and try these events for themselves. Then realize how futile these mayhem events are for a good deal of us. At least for feffox/halloween/solo merry mayhem. The team mayhem is actually quite a nice event to get everyone involved, but is more of a hassle than the solo version.

Ideally there would be a category for every 5 levels, or at least 10 levels. If you're 70-80, you're really not competing with your peers, when there are people 90-100 in the same category. 30 level gap is ludicrous, it really is. I can think of another game right now, that has competitive "battlegrounds", the tiers are broken up into level ranges no bigger than 5, and then they scale the lower levels stats up to make it more balanced. No need to scale the damage up, but at least make the categories more competitive.

If you're level 70-80, are you really going to pick up an LR-60 (L), or something similar that's in good stock, and expect to win this thing? You'd just be doing it for fun. I want to participate in the event, and I want to be competitive in it. To hell with spending 100k ped or whatever it is to chip up to 90 from 76 for that though. What kind of competition is it when I know I'm going to be squashed before I even try? MA/PC needs to put themselves in the shoes of a lvl 70, with a budget of 10k peds, which is probably more than the average lvl 70 has to spend for mayhem, and try these events for themselves. Then realize how futile these mayhem events are for a good deal of us. At least for feffox/halloween/solo merry mayhem. The team mayhem is actually quite a nice event to get everyone involved, but is more of a hassle than the solo version.

OMG! Before there where only one category. Suit up and get over with it!

I vote for one category for each player so we all can win.

I, along with most others think the lvl 4 is a bit much. Last year I was lvl 3 and the spiders gave me a run for my money but I could get them in the end with a lot of FAP. I think last year in lvl 3 the spiders were around L33 and now L54 in lvl 4, only tried one so I am not sure but too much for me. I have 212 HP and went over to the spiders in lvl 4 and the first hit was 98 and second was 123 hehe needless to say that part was over for me (BTW the hits came about 4 seconds apart). Anyway I will still hunt the Kerby some, but with no thought of winning.

Cat 4 is much better than last year. At least I can easily kill Kerbs in my Ghost this year.

I can't hunt spiders or Yule, but I suppose that's fair enough, since I only wear noob armor (Ghost).
I wish I could though.

Well guess what, there is a silver lining to the lvl 4 cloud. After MA compares the amounts spent and loot gain in the 5 levels and level 4 is about 20 or 30 percent of the amounts in levels 1,2,3 I doubt that we will have to face anything like this again. Hope they are smart enough to figure it out and I hope they post the numbers.

Well guess what, there is a silver lining to the lvl 4 cloud. After MA compares the amounts spent and loot gain in the 5 levels and level 4 is about 20 or 30 percent of the amounts in levels 1,2,3 I doubt that we will have to face anything like this again. Hope they are smart enough to figure it out and I hope they post the numbers.
Huh? :scratch2:

I didn't get that at all. :eyecrazy:

Why is that? I entered S4 just to test now and the kerberos can be done without fapping with a armor that is not suited for them at all. I'm running with just 70dps also so it should be even easier if you are attending to the contest (running 120dps+).

Tested a spider also in a armor/plate combo that is not suited for them at all (angel+5b) and they are not to hard assuming that someone attending would find a better armor combo. I guess I would have a hard time killing them without modfap but they don't hit that often so with better protection they should be ok imo.

some people really seem to forget that not so long ago we only had one category...
How was that fair?
Would it be fair I could hunt in cat 1 or cat 2 ?

Fairness has nothing to do with personal benefit.
Also has nothing to do with a secure slot in top 10.

I think those that are struggling now are just experienceing how it feels when reality catches up with you.
I never have the illusion that I would make a top 10 slot, I am quite happy with top200.
If your ego really pushes you to "I must have..." and you can not accept you place, than that is not a problem with the system but just your own mindset.

For me it is just an MA event like any other, it is supposed to be hard and I know I will loose PEDs.
If your only "fun" comes from making profit by winning...better rethink what season it is right now and what the "Merry" stands for.

(and on a side note...if you can not have fun without the chance of winning..please don't join...give someone a chance that at least enjoys it that he at least tried)

Back