Calypso Dev team update please?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Kim|Calypso

What is the Calypso team working on? Give us some sneak peaks. Show us what bugs have been prioritised to be fixed. ETA on Taming and functional hangars/Privateers.
Your depositing clients are very interested!

Cheers
Bjorn

Right now we're actually preparing some interesting stuff for this years migration, including several new missions and even special wave spawns!

Also in progress is a total revamp of the creature spawns on the Port Atlantis area to make the progression from Camp Icarus and onwards feel a lot smoother.

Kim|Calypso

Show us what bugs have been prioritised to be fixed. ETA on Taming and functional hangars/Privateers.
Your depositing clients are very interested!

Cheers
Bjorn

Now answer the rest of the questions please Kim.

I'm no defender of calypso but understand some info cannot be given out if it affects the game economies. I also didn't know privateers were not functional unless you speak of the extended gun systems but then not sure anyone would use them with the state space is in.

thanks for the response! I have a feeling this year's migration will be nuts.

Please though: work on some bug fixes and stability issues. They continue to be rampant.

thanks for the response! I have a feeling this year's migration will be nuts.

Please though: work on some bug fixes and stability issues. They continue to be rampant.

Yes, Kim please fix what you have today so you can have twice as many players tomorrow.

Kim, yoiu accidentally missed a part of the original question: ETA on Taming

Sure it was an oversight, please do tell us what is the current status is it still on paper as before or did ot move to maybe a nice whiteboard?

Fair enough, how about if the question read can you provide us with some information regarding when Taming will finally come to Calypso?

And while your point that this is a platform issue is well taken, I am sure you can appreciate the fact that the Taming community who has waited for 5 years for their assets to be re-activated would like periodic updates on this issue.

Fair enough, how about if the question read can you provide us with some information regarding when Taming will finally come to Calypso?

And while your point that this is a platform issue is well taken, I am sure you can appreciate the fact that the Taming community who has waited for 5 years for their assets to be re-activated would like periodic updates on this issue.

I understand the concerns of the taming community, I'm not content with the situation either and If I was in their position I would be upset as well, and rightfully so. Still I am confident that MindArk is committed to bringing back the taming system at some point but that's something for them to discuss with you.

as you say that this is all something that MA team should discuss with us.......... exactly how so? its been years since any MA official communication has occurred. while I respect that you are on caly dev team and not technically part of MA, but you are intrinsically, could there be some way to get ANY info from MA directly?

as you say that this is all something that MA team should discuss with us.......... exactly how so? its been years since any MA official communication has occurred. while I respect that you are on caly dev team and not technically part of MA, but you are intrinsically, could there be some way to get ANY info from MA directly?

I'm sure that as soon as there is something new to communicate they will do just that.

Wow, such PED, much loot!

Weekly Hunting Stats

Total value 1 848 282 PED (-10.29 %)
Weekly Globals 14 455 (0.37 %)
Most globals Feffox
Weekly Mining Stats

Total value 536 390 PED (+12.50 %)
Weekly Globals 3 554 (-5.05 %)
Most globals Iron Stone
Weekly Crafting Stats

Total value 876 584 PED (-8.74 %)
Weekly Globals 5 931 (-0.27 %)
Most globals Level 2 Finder Amp (L)

Also in progress is a total revamp of the creature spawns on the Port Atlantis area to make the progression from Camp Icarus and onwards feel a lot smoother.

Cool it's good to focus more on newcomers. Although maybe some mission that advices people to go to half moon bay would be a nice addition as well.

Kim,
new missions you write....
please consider give damage related rewards for them.Its very hard to find such missions now.
Some robots give a bit of such skills but I hate their AI!
The current missions favor hit to much imo.
regards nero

I can only answer questions about Calypso, not platform development which is what those two questions relate to.

Is there a community representative at MA these days who will occasionally answer questions/share development directions and priorities or even stories of previously worked on systems?

Wistrel

Are Melee amps still going to be in this VU Kim?

Is there a community representative at MA these days who will occasionally answer questions/share development directions and priorities or even stories of previously worked on systems?

Wistrel

Elias and Bjorn used to post but they seem to leave 6 month gaps between activity.

Queries (Answers Required)::---

Query 1 :--- When playing Entropia like Hunting for 1-2 hours and continuously clicking the mouse constrains the finger, hand and somewhat arms and there is little bit of pain in fingers after continuous mouse clicking in Entropia..... MindArk has plans to help address Health issues like explained above and constrain on eyes too....

Also sitting on the chair for hours playing Entropia makes people fat and most people gets addicted to clicking..... Explain the discussions which MindArk management will take up and actions planned in regard to these issues?

Query 2 :---- Is MindArk and Entropia Universe a Billion $$$ company and product yet???

Query 3 :---- The Payouts on CLD hardly touched 30% mark as promised and constantly declining, any plans to reviving the issue related to CLD revenue?

Query 4 :---- About the planned citizenship system and the type of estates and uses that gonna come in future for owners of CLD's ?\

Please answer the Questions above(Asking Kim or other MindArk representatives)....

Queries (Answers Required)::---

Query 1 :--- When playing Entropia like Hunting for 1-2 hours and continuously clicking the mouse constrains the finger, hand and somewhat arms and there is little bit of pain in fingers after continuous mouse clicking in Entropia..... MindArk has plans to help address Health issues like explained above and constrain on eyes too....

Also sitting on the chair for hours playing Entropia makes people fat and most people gets addicted to clicking..... Explain the discussions which MindArk management will take up and actions planned in regard to these issues?

Query 2 :---- Is MindArk and Entropia Universe a Billion $$$ company and product yet???

Query 3 :---- The Payouts on CLD hardly touched 30% mark as promised and constantly declining, any plans to reviving the issue related to CLD revenue?

Query 4 :---- About the planned citizenship system and the type of estates and uses that gonna come in future for owners of CLD's ?\

Please answer the Questions above(Asking Kim or other MindArk representatives)....

Ummmmmmm.........lol? :scratch2::scratch2:

I can only answer questions about Calypso, not platform development which is what those two questions relate to.

Well, you're in a much better position to get some answers then Mind Ark's paying customers..
Aren't you:wise:

Well, you're in a much better position to get some answers then Mind Ark's paying customers..
Aren't you:wise:

Agreed... When are we going to stop pretending that Kim doesnt know exactly whats happening.

I understand the concerns of the taming community, I'm not content with the situation either and If I was in their position I would be upset as well, and rightfully so. Still I am confident that MindArk is committed to bringing back the taming system at some point but that's something for them to discuss with you.

Is there anything in particular upon which you base this faith in their commitment? It might help us maintain OUR faith to know what you base it on.

I knew this would turn into another taming thread!

I knew this would turn into another taming thread!

There are only two kinds of threads in relation to calypso / MA

1: Taming
2: Complaining about CLD payouts.

Glad i could clear that up for you all.

Back