Treasure Island - Latest News & Information

TI Website said:
It is not known if this raid is related to one which occured several months ago, where an Eomon appeared with Warlocks. If these events are related then we may be facing additional raids in the future and colonists are advised to work together should they encounter any.

Studying the pics of BB, I get the feeling that it is an evolved Eomon. Not in the rpg-sence, but maybe MA had a change of mind, and changed the look of it to something more mechanical.

The thought of drones dragging Eomons from other planets to TI is kinda cool, and scary. What's next? First a giant lemming, then a giant lawnmower... I put my money on a giant blender.

Shadow-Ale said:
The thought of drones dragging Eomons from other planets to TI is kinda cool, and scary. What's next? First a giant lemming, then a giant lawnmower... I put my money on a giant blender.

that might be very scary :eek:
like..
http://joecartoon.atomfilms.com/pages/frogbender/ !

But yea, I was acctually thinking about where the Eomon fit in a robotattack before. Maybe they made it into a cyborg? o_O

Shadow-Ale said:
Studying the pics of BB, I get the feeling that it is an evolved Eomon. Not in the rpg-sence, but maybe MA had a change of mind, and changed the look of it to something more mechanical.

That's possible, though a single Eomon was spotted at the main teleporter sometime last week.
Unfortunately by the time I found out about it, ran outside the services building (saw it's big fat behind sticking up above the hill) and over the hill it had been killed and looted, so no pics :(

Was no more spawns though, just the one, and no annoucement or other indication - and no warlock.

So perhaps the bots gave up with their Eomon taming project and let them roam free?

- Deathifier

Is it me or does the big bulk say Kill in the screenie :eek:

Hogglo Resurrected!

Hogglo Resurrected!

"Hogglo have been returned to life after it was feared that they had become extinct after not being seen for many, many months.

Thankfully just under one month ago the skeletal remains of Hogglo were first discovered by miners across Calypso. Over time more remains, of different types, were found and in particular the miners Nicole Simons, Fear, Dustmop, Little J and Malice deserve special congratulations on their finds."

Full story, map and pictures here.

Enjoy,
Deathifier

Deathifier said:
Hogglo Resurrected!

"Hogglo have been returned to life after it was feared that they had become extinct after not being seen for many, many months.

Thankfully just under one month ago the skeletal remains of Hogglo were first discovered by miners across Calypso. Over time more remains, of different types, were found and in particular the miners Nicole Simons, Fear, Dustmop, Little J and Malice deserve special congratulations on their finds."

Full story, map and pictures here.

Enjoy,
Deathifier

thank you. glad that hogglos back in game ;) tho i cant hunt them. maybe some day

Treasure Island income passes Break-Even Point, Tax Reduced!

Treasure Island income passes Break-Even Point, Tax Reduced!

Today it is my pleasure to announce that after only 11 months Treasure Island has passed the break-even point - it has recovered the 265000 PED I paid for it and is now earning a little profit :)

This would not have been possible without the support that I have received from the community.
Every hunter, every miner, of all levels from newcomer to veteran, from the occasional miner to the dedicated robot hunter and everyone who has supplied resources and materials - I thank you all for helping make Treasure Island into the success that it has become.

I would like to show my appreciation for this support by lowering taxation for hunting and mining to 4% permanently.

Together we have demonstrated the strength of the Virtual world, and this is only the beginning :)

See you in PE :)
- Deathifier

Grats Death! :thumbup:

I have 2 questions :-

1. Is that the income graph on the news page?
2. Have you also recovered you're operating costs or just the initial outlay?

Really pleased this is working out. :beerchug:

Ironheart said:

LOL it seems to be a mysterious graph hehe.

Well done Deathifier !!!

Congrats Deathifier :D very nice investment indeed

Ironheart said:

Looks like an income per week graph, can't remember exact date he got the island but he probably started keeping records after a while. 38 results plotted on the graph.

New Hangars Available Now

New Hangars Available Now

"Yesterday I took delivery of 5 newly built hangars at Treasure Island North and 3 of these hangars are now available for purchase (the other 2 are reserved by TI Estate owners).

These hangars are located close to the TI North teleport and can be delivered either partly or fully completed.

Support will be provided for all TI Hangar owners in the form of advertising on TI to attract passengers and raise awareness as well as pricing information when available.

If you are interested in purchasing hangar #7, #8 or #11 (see map on right) then send me your offers.
For an idea as to what an acceptable offer is I have one at 12k, a couple at 14k and 15k and one at 17k. The last two hangars I saw sell via auction went for 15k or higher and these were East of Zeus and South of Corinth - poor spots by comparison :)"

Visit the TI website for a map of the area showing the new estates :)

- Deathifier

Bristlehog Area Under Test - Feedback Welcome

The Bristlehog area to the West of the TP was put into a test phase after several requests by people in the manufacturing industry.

That was a few days ago and today I have increased the maturity slightly as a result of subsequent requests and feedback.

As expected people have already commented that the maturity is now too high, so I am seeking further feedback from people who both do and do not like it and have created a poll here about it.

I look forward to hearing from you :)
- Deathifier

:beerchug:

Cool site, mate! I like if people show their reallife pic. Sometimes the similarity is perfect :laugh:

I was mining on your island, got some nexus... and gave you the taxes...
And i really liked the information popups what things you can do where! Go on like this!

Cheers mate :beerchug:

Buschi in the bush

Bristlehog Spawn made Permanent

Bristlehog Spawn made Permanent

"I am pleased to announce a successful test of the Bristlehog spawn in the Western Parkland. Over the past 2 weeks many people have been seen hunting in the area, enjoying themselves and providing feedback that indicates the current arrangement of Mature/Old/Provider is well balanced."

Also the hunting section of the site was updated to reflect the changes :)

- Deathifier

Globster Unleashed! Robot Plot Uncovered?

"A new creature has been released on Treasure Island - The Globster!

After only several hours of examination it has already revealed previously unknown information about past and current robot activity. In particular there are hints about what happened to Professor Niels Barton, the RDI Robot expert who was abducted by the Robots for a period of time and was rather unstable after he escaped. He would babble in towns about impending robot assaults, refuse to answer questions and was eventually found dead with parts of his body missing.

It would seem that the robots are (or were) attempting to clone the DNA of Professor Barton and use it to create an army of mutants with which to attack human settlements on Calypso. It is not known how far their efforts have progressed however by taking body parts of the professor that have been recovered from the Robots and using the same DNA splicing techniques normally reserved for the reconstruction of animal DNA I have formed one of the potential mutants the Robots are experimenting with.

I have released this creature, known as the Globster, into the Hook Area of the island in order to allow others to examine and test the capabilities of the robot mutation efforts. Containment systems are in place to ensure that no Globsters are able to leave the island and threaten human activities.

Physically the Globster are small creatures with a very slow movement speed yet capable of sustaining massive damage. It has a very powerful acidic-based attack with a range of approximately 20 meters and is capable of striking opponents every couple of seconds with unerring accuracy. In short it is a very dangerous creature best taken down in a team using long-ranged weaponry to take advantage of its slow movement speed.

I would like to thank everyone who provided the raw materials required for construction of the DNA sample and would like to remind people that I am still searching for Professor Barton’s body parts in order to continue research into the Robots latest DNA cloning experiments. Hopefully this work will allow us to be prepared in the event that the robots accidentally develop something extremely dangerous.

For those interested in history a report on Professor Niels Barton and Robot Activity on Treasure Island is being prepared :)"

Happy Hunting!
- Deathifier

WOW "D" ... how exciting is THIS ... WAY cool ... can't wait to get over there to chk it out.

Thx for providing yet again, a unique experience for the PE community. :thumbup: ... Also looking forward to the history report.

Thanks as always for being on the forefront of exciting and inovative gaming.

I am going to get right onto that I have been killed by everything in this game at least once which is a mission of mine and now I have something new to deal me a deathstrike!!!! THANKYOU!!

Treasure Island is a great place to hunt and mine and Deatifier is "Da Man" always there with new and great ways for us to utilise his facility with fair taxes and informative information....

Cannot plus rep you enough!!!!!!!

now thats cool! keep em coming LOTI :)

Mission accomplished Globster young dealt me a nice opening 101 hit and finished me off with a 63......... that was fun now to go and kill one lol.

Deathifier said:

"A new creature has been released on Treasure Island - The Globster!

I have released this creature, known as the Globster, into the Hook Area of the island in order to allow others to examine and test the capabilities of the robot mutation efforts. Containment systems are in place to ensure that no Globsters are able to leave the island and threaten human activities.

- Deathifier

Hi Deathifier.

Where exactly is this Hook Area on TI? Want to try this Globsters :)

Rapido
~You're Not Alone~

Rapido said:
Hi Deathifier.

Rapido
~You're Not Alone~

i guess NE area

Rapido said:

The hook area is in the SW, halfway between the central teleporter and TI City.

You can check the hunting page for a map. It will be updated as soon as the comp with my image editing software comes back online.

- Deathifier

Deathifier said:
The hook area is in the SW, halfway between the central teleporter and TI City.

You can check the hunting page for a map. It will be updated as soon as the comp with my image editing software comes back online.

- Deathifier

Thanks very much :)

Rapido

D mang, its not the 'hook', its the 'boot' of TI.. ;) Just like Italy :laugh:

I can't help but feel that deathifier is getting pitched a storyline by some unknown force :eek:

Gratz on getting everything required to make them Deathifier :)

Have you found other bits then? Other than the proff's finger?

nice deathifier as i've said ingame thanks for making everything possible !!!

Back