Omg! I´m married to an EU addict!

Status

Mrs-Zap

Dominant
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Aleksiane Mrs-Zap Greadon
My husband / Zap has been playing EU for about 4 years now. And since I allso started playing I thought it would be nice to share this with you all. It´s my first time writing here so bear with me :)

We both have allways played computer games , so it wasen´t a big thing when he told me about this new online game. I wasen´t even a least bit interested, because we usually don´t find the same kind of games appealing. I´m more of the ”strategist” and he is the ”motorically skillful; blows away everything that moves kinda guy”

At first everything went smoothly, but then the game session started to get longer and longer.
Night after night I watched him fade away from the room and transform into some pixels on the screen.
Then our old computer broke and we had to do with just one… so the fighting over computer-time started and ”I need that thing for work, u know, not for some stupid game” was propably the most used sentence in this house for a while. Luckily Santa was kind enough to bring him a new laptop for christmas. ;)

Time went by and I found that more and more I had to drag him to see our friends, go movies, parties or what ever we used to do for fun b.EU (time before EU). He never complained though but I could see it wasen´t allways his number one choice. So many times I have said to him that its just a game, its not real.

I remember this one party. He started to glance at his watch a lot, and I thought “oh goody, we are going home early to have some sweetstuff tonight” But when we got home he went straight to “check the auction” as he said. For a sec then… I really thought I was going to kill him. :censored:

Then there is the matter of creditcard bills. Didn´t exactly want to open a dialog on those. I have been known to be able to use it allso, so better to not say anything. But yes I did notice.
Then again there was allso an uber in Blau. I noticed that too even it sounded like greek to me.

Then one Friday night few months ago, the discussion in his soc-chat got interesting. Mainly because one of the guys was having a bit of fun at Zaps expense. I couldn´t resist the temptation but to add more water into the mill. And that was actually the first time I really realized that there were real people involved and not just some imaginary characters in bitspace. I must admit that I got little bit curios then. (And yes Dale, it was you ;) )

Now I have been a participant in EU for about 5 weeks. Loved to make my own avatar btw
Zap took me as a diciple and helped me to get started. His soc-mates where really nice to me and helped me allso. I read a lot forums and I really sunk in to the Entropia Universe.
I was invited in to his soc and with joy I accepted. I graduated a week ago and now I´m playing daily.
I have made new friends who I cherish and love. (U know who u are :grouphug: )
The funny thing is that I´m the one hunting and blasting away and he´s the one who strategises, so I quess we learn something new about our selves as well as from one another. Only unanswered question now is which one of us is the real addict?

Now for the most important part:
For all the wifes and husbands out there who don´t play; Give it a chance!
You may not go crazy over it but atleast you might understand a bit better. :)

And Zap IF I have once or twice been nagging about playing; I apologize!

If there are other couples who would like to share their experiences about this subject, it would be nice to hear them so please reply us

See u in game
Mrs-Zap

awwwwww thats soooooooooooooooooooooo sweet

:D :D

rememebr to take u both on a little hunt someday

For a sec then… I really thought I was going to kill him.

ROFL i really know that one °_^

^ ^

inapropiate content removed :girl: :dunce:

grats on the marrige part!

gonna have little zaps running around soon? :)

Grats on a good 1st post :) Nice to hear the other side of the coin....:)

Dont have a wife anymore, as of this year technically..last year in action.....which contributes heavily into the time I now spend playing games. Im sure if I did play this one when we were married....it would have been the cause. :) I will say being married is better, but hey cant control everything.

I commend you though for having an open mind about it, says alot about you and how your marraige overall is in a great position.

Like the guy in south park said recently.....I dont play, I have a wife.
True for many guys...alot of women lack the understanding or are brave enough to try and understand it 1st hand. Sounds like ZAP is in good hands and is a lucky man. :)

Welcome and good post :)

How absolutely Sweet!

Zap, you are one very lucky guy! :D

Your story, Mrs. Zap, sounds oddly familiar to the way my wife Rose got interested in EU....lol

Ain't that right Rose? ;)

I'm trying to make my gf play for several months now, but unsuccessfully. :(
A couple of weeks ago, she met some players IRL, because we gathered for a nice dinner, after driving for a couple of hours, and she realized there was actually nice, normal (almost) people playing this game. She is considering top join now.. I have already some nice items to give her once she enters ;).

Naifas

PS: She's not complaining as much either

I envy you a bit I guess. I think it's great when two people are able to share some passion together.

My husband doesn't play this. May be the reason is that I don't have one (sidenote: girls, if you want to get married with someone OUTSIDE EU, you better do it BEFORE you get totally addicted with this game or it can become quite hard to find time for such things later plus not every man is ready to marry a girl who has such things as MM or ModFap on her shopping list :laugh: )

Still I know how great it feels to have someone dear in the game you love. Me and my brother always loved each other a lot but living sepaately for a while and being busy with work and studyings wasn't too good as sometimes we didn't see each other / have a chance to talk for weeks. When he started to play this game it changed a lot. He'd call me everyday to chat and we'd talk a lot in the game. I'll never forget his crazy voice when he called me and said he got ATH and anger I felt when heard his pain after he was cheated for quite a big sum of money here - bad and good those experiences can add a lot to relationship. Loving each other is one thing and being deeply obsessed with 1 thing together is another. It brings understanding of new level.

So I'm happy to hear you found this one thing to share and I really wish you all the best and hope most your experiences will be positive here. :dunce:

Wonderfull post Mrs Zap :girl:

Safara started playing this game, and I very soon became the "over the shoulder navigator" and "FAP, FAP NOW!!" caller.

But within a month or so the time had come for me to join in the fun properly. A laptop was acquired and it was a great day when we got to meet up in game. Having never played any computer games of any sort, it was a bit of a challenge. My typing skills have certainly come on in leaps and bounds, trying to keep up with the soc banter etc.

Now, it is usually the only place you will find us both in the same place at the same time. And the kids dont mind too much, they have taken on the role of "FAP, FAP NOW MUM!!" callers.

A big part of our lives, EU, and it is great to share it as a couple :)
We have also made some great friends :grouphug:

:rofl: on this really nice post :) I love it and let be sayed......

YOU are not alone ;)

I myself play PE since 4 years too and my husband first started to play too. and he was amused about the first time.
Then, after some bad losses he decided to give it a break and he is playing Eve-online now since longer times.

I myself stay at a real PE friend, and I never would quit I would say :) During this 4 years I play now, remembering all the really funny times @ Rig as fresh Noob that time ago too I have to say I found new friendships inside PE, some other constantly playing couples too and some with kids for sure.
We have 2 Kids (7 year old girl and 4 year old boy) and for sure I have to say that its not easy to handle PE and family same time but we figured out how to do best and we dont loose time for movies, trips, swimming and such things. We still handle our friends like before PE, no changes here too.

Only thing my hubby mostly makes me crazy with words like.....hey its wasting money, its wasting time...... but I ever have to say NO :p sure it is kinda........ lol but hey its one of my hobbies and we did it that way:

The money he wastes for cigarettes in a month I waste for PE hehe, so no problems here and I can say I actually feel pretty comfortable with my shop @ CND and all the nice people in here :)

so........ to all couples thinking about PE and IRL facts........ try to give it a chance and make your way :wise:

hehe.

My wife and I have been married for 7.5 years now... and I had been the occasional gamer. Never an MMORPG. I used to be in the military and watched and listened to guys talk about and play an RPG (more fantasy based than EU.) It used to baffle me and I said I'd never be like them. It seemed to consume damn near their every waking moment. At that time I was 22-23 years old. Well time passed, we have a 5 year old son (my avatars namesake.) He'll be turning 6 at the end of this month. I am now 29, my avatar will soon turn 1 year old as of this November as I am a CND-boomer (who actually stuck around) and there are several of us in my society that have stood by PE to EU thru all of it's ups and downs. My wife started playing with her own avatar about 2 months ago. I was really getting tired of her playing as me and I finally hit that uber that would allow me to get her started a bit ahead of the rest of the crowd.

To flashback... When I first started playing, she couldn't understand it at all... She would occasionally come in and nag (bitch would be a better word.) Well after after a while, she came in and actually sat down and watched me play. She said I was addicted and that there were subliminal messages in the trees or the environment or maybe it was the music. I just looked at her like she was nuts and went on about doin whatever I was doin... Well the first deposit I made (10 USD) you'd have thought I committed murder, was found guilty and was due for execution, by the way she acted...

Again, time passed like a few weeks... I get this call one day while at work and she's asking how do I shoot this and what does this do and how do I do that... I damn near wrecked my company truck laughing so hard and couldn't believe she had logged in and was attempting to play... Well she began playing for me while I was at work and/or sleeping... I caught her a couple of times online when she "couldn't sleep"

So after hitting a 1.3k Trax I said to heck w/ this... My new job was kind enough to provide a laptop and I downloaded the game on it (shhh don't tell.) And needless to say, I got her started... She's 2 months old, and has already hit 2.6k rifle if that says anything for how quickly she's progressed... And we still have a long time to go I hope...

But that's our story... and I'm sure I missed some details but there it is...

I'm married to an EU Addict who spread his addiction to me, too!

+ rep for a great post, Mrs. Zap!

So good to hear things that sound so simliar to my life :D

My husband started playing EU a while ago, and in the beginning, I had no desire at all to play.

"YOU SUCK SWEAT!?!?! WTF?!?!"

So, days went by & I'd watch him sweat & kill .. sweat & kill .. sweat & kill.

"What weird creatures you kill."

"Ew. You suck the sweat from the animal's ass."

"Lame game."

"Get off MY COMPUTER!!"

Those are just a few of the things that were constantly said to him about EU.

So, he decided to deposit $10 into the game, so he wouldn't have to sweat anymore.

Weeks went by .. and before we knew it, he was hunting all the time.

I decided one night, months into his playing, that I wanted to just go out & kill something.

I killed some argonauts, and I was hooked.

I played for about a week with his avatar, killing things, looting gold coins & talking to all these random people from all over the world.

"You HAVE to make your own avatar, baby" he said to me.

So, I did.

And, I've been hooked ever since.

I've actually passed him in skills, because we only have the one computer that is game compatible. "The dinosaur" as I so sweetly refer to his shitty computer, won't load EU well at all.

Granted ... we've had to deposit a little more, because I'm a girl .. I MUST have cute clothes & I'm high maintenance & don't spend PED's wisely... but it's all been worth it.

Some of the people we've met in this game, I'm sure we will talk to for years to come ... due in part to the fact that they are awesome people & we have no intention of ever leaving EU!! :laugh:

Maybe one day he will regret making me make my own avatar ... since it's cut down on his game time, severely.

But believe me .. he's right there every night as I log onto the game.

Watching me skill past him, watching the guys make asses of themselves over a cartoon bustier & watching me kick ass & take names. :girl:

I wish my other half understood gaming :(

All she ever does is play online backgammon and solitaire :(

Drives me mad!!!

Too bad.. D-tox is a pain and now both of u has to go through it.. in time

Gazzap45 said:
I wish my other half understood gaming :(

All she ever does is play online backgammon and solitaire :(

Drives me mad!!!

hehe sounds like my grandma

nice first post.. but i think i know what you really was aiming to say.. and it's this ;)

You now both dont have any irl life, no visiting friends, no going partying and no bed time fun stuff cause your to tired from staying up all night long, and a way to big visa bill!!! I'm right aint i? :laugh:

One of the nicest first posts i have ever read! Now how do i get my wife to read it.... :)

Best wishes/Pirro

Welcome to the PE lifestyle Mrs Zap!

All I can think of to say is... Wee!

Heartily welcome!

And yes, I know what you mean since Dale was my mentor ... ;)
So gratz to your choice to enter HU. I know a few members and know they are trustworthy and pretty. Best precondition to start with.

Have fun!

P.S. ... and btw gratz to have such a data sampling weirdo at your side :)

Last edited:
Gratz on the marriage, and welcome to EU and HU...seems like only yesterday that i recruited Zap into HU...been around 2 years or so since i sweettalked him into joining...since then, i've moved on in my EU career and still have many family members in HU that i keep in touch with from time to time. Zap and i used to be competetive miners, so i can understand his passion for it. It's great to see that you two have found two things dear to you, each other and this addicting universe.

Congratz, Welcome & Best Wishes!!!

ITD

Granted ... we've had to deposit a little more, because I'm a girl .. I MUST have cute clothes & I'm high maintenance & don't spend PED's wisely... but it's all been worth it.

:laugh:

Oh, so true...

-Zap

Loool, really nice story. I enjoyed reading it. :laugh:

:cheer: Welcome Ms Zapp :cheer:

Mrs-Zap said:
Now for the most important part:
For all the wifes and husbands out there who don´t play; Give it a chance!
You may not go crazy over it but atleast you might understand a bit better. :)

My fiance doesn't play any video games at all :( So it will never happen for me I'm afraid... She's all athletic type of person.
She used to always complain about me being on here so much! but I withdrew some cash once... and ever since she doesn't bother me anymore :dunce: lol

btw, loved your post Mrs Zap :) very funny

Mrs. Zap,

Wow, well, I honestly lost a wiffe to PE 2 1/2 years ago. :( But hey things were not ment to be if she could not let me have my style of life. ;) We are good friends still. :)

I can say, reading your post I did get tears in my eyes and it is realy sweet and nice how things are making out for the both of you. :) :dance:

I wish you both the best of luck, and I'm sure you will make a fun future in Entropia. See ya in-game. :)

Buzz Lightyear said:
but I withdrew some cash once... and ever since she doesn't bother me anymore :dunce: lol

Guess thats the way it goes ;)

She used to always complain about me being on here so much! but I withdrew some cash once... and ever since she doesn't bother me anymore lol

Heh hee, thats one way to tell anyone that this "game" is unique.

-Zap

Nice post Alek, I'll have to have my GF read it, i'm sure she can relate! :) It's great to have you as part of our family! :D

Status
Back